Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Glorious Republicans....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

kowloon wrote: »
    If the IRA start travelling we're in trouble.

They travelled to Gibraltar once. Didn’t end well for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

At any speed at all,,from Dundalk Town centre no traffic,no red lights etc you can cross the border in 5 to 10 min's. I know the area so well that I could certainly do it in 5min's.
    So I can only imagine the communications that was going on between both Police services in a small space of time.

Does Nurse know you were at the medicine cabinet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Don't be saying shyte like people voted for the IRA.

why? are they completely different? pls tell..............

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Edgware wrote: »

Not so sure about 5 minutes but Forkhill or Jonesboro hrough Faughart could easily be done in 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Jizique wrote: »
    Are you tying to say Cross is not a republican stronghold?

Mayo or Dun Laoghaire are Fine Gael strongholds.
    I wouldn't connect criminals from there with FG unless they did have a known connection.

Also I am republican, aren't you? Do you prefer a monarchy?

• Advertisement

The Border Counties are fast developing a reputation for more than inbred mucksavages, country and western music, lorry drivers, fuel smuggling, and poultry farming. Robbing ATMs seems to be a cottage industry up there.

Easy cure for that. Get rid of the border which creates discontinuities in law enforcement. It isn't as if people in South Armagh or North Louth haven't asked for the border to be got rid of. If it is causing a problem and people want rid of it, then get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

They travelled to Gibraltar once. Didn’t end well for them though.

They also traveled to the financial district of London and popped into the seaside resort of Brighton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Easy cure for that. Get rid of the border which creates discontinuities in law enforcement. It isn't as if people in South Armagh or North Louth haven't asked for the border to be got rid of. If it is causing a problem and people want rid of it, then get rid of it.

The only problem law enforcement had was they were prevented from responding to a robbery by a bunch of thugs who prevented them responding to the situation by blocking them in their station.

These fellas won’t be walking down O’Connell St. any time soon.

Raffo69 wrote: »
    Not so sure about 5 minutes but Forkhill or Jonesboro hrough Faughart could easily be done in 10

Even Google maps predicts 8 mins to the border towards Forkhill.

Strumms wrote: »
    The only problem law enforcement had was they were prevented from responding to a robbery by a bunch of thugs who prevented them responding to the situation by blocking them in their station.

These fellas won’t be walking down O’Connell St. any time soon.

Are you saying that the border does not create discontinuities in law enforcement?

• Advertisement

Are you saying that the border does not create discontinuities in law enforcement?

Im stating that if you try and steal something up north or south, your problem isn’t law enforcement or any touted or perceived discontinuity thereof. The problem is, you are a scumbag criminal, whatever so called ‘cause’ you hang your hat on.

Mayo or Dun Laoghaire are Fine Gael strongholds.
    I wouldn't connect criminals from there with FG unless they did have a known connection.

Also I am republican, aren't you? Do you prefer a monarchy?

Dun Laoghaire election result.

1 FG 1 FF 1 PBP 1 G.P.
    How does that make Dun Laoghaire a FG stronghold?

Probably the same way 25% gives S.F. a majority

They also traveled to the financial district of London and popped into the seaside resort of Brighton :)

And they came down here and killed at least one Garda.

Raffo69 wrote: »
    By helicopter maybe.
    Maybe 5 minutes from Clanbrassil St to the Ballymac roundabout then ad ten but not pulling a trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

And they came down here and killed at least one Garda.

Wasn't that long ago, the irish state were strapping republicans to landmines....

There comes a point when you need to move on.

Im stating that if you try and steal something up north or south, your problem isn’t law enforcement or any touted or perceived discontinuity thereof. The problem is, you are a scumbag criminal, whatever so called ‘cause’ you hang your hat on.

Of course you are a scumbag criminal, who said otherwise.
    But if you support an arrangement that facilitates those criminals, over the wishes of people, then you are at fault too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Getting the notion that the guys caught might have surnames for first names, might Fxxk up the OP

Getting the notion that the guys caught might have surnames for first names, might Fxxk up the OP

Like Pearse?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

I wonder what Irish politicians it was!

I would have thought TDs were paid well enough to not have to resort to crime.

If they've been caught at this, it's unlikely to they will be running in the next general election.
    I don't know what op is on about

It's hard to make ends meet on the Average Indiustrial Wage

rdwight wrote: »
    It's hard to make ends meet on the Average Indiustrial Wage

This myth has been debunked. SF will admit to that themselves.

• Advertisement

Like Pearse?

More their mother's maiden name

More their mother's maiden name

Can we dispense with the riddles?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

At least they have arrested people...

Now the people of the state have a real chance to send a strong message to these types people. An attack in democracy and an attack in the state.

Minimum 35 years sentences...

But, let’s be real. We haven’t the real appetite in our justice system to dispense real justice..

10-12 years it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

At a time of unprecedented danger for the state and its citizens...

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/0404/1128462-atm-theft-dundalk/

Blocking off a Garda station with heavy machinery to make their getaway.

Imagine somebody needing the gardai, a family member or friend and them being unable to respond because the ‘RA’ boys had pinned them in their station to feed their insatiable greed and cash lust... remember this when the next election comes around.

Well done to the Gardai and PSNI.... these individuals in the RA, the vilest of creatures.
    shoot the bastards dead and leave them in the streets.

Of course you are a scumbag criminal, who said otherwise.
    But if you support an arrangement that facilitates those criminals, over the wishes of people, then you are at fault too

No, quite simply the only people at fault are those who ....

- came to the location to steal money that didn’t belong to them.

- who prevented in a time of unprecedented hardship and uncertainty on the country the people having access to the availability of the Gardai because they wished to steal and have an unhindered escape.

- who prevented in a time of unprecedented hardship and uncertainty in that community, the locals to have the availability to get access to their cash to purchase crucial food and supplies.

Enemies of the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Reckon the OP is some Blueshirt still butthurt from the last election.

1) they are hardly Republicans, let alone “ours”

2) the Gardaí and judges, appointed by FFG, do F@€k all - doubt they would even notice if they were blocked in - they could always use the back door ffs

3) why do I need to remember this next election?
    Unless, remember what a joke our justice system is thanks to the establishment parties and lawyers with their snouts in trough.

Our useless judges, a corrupt loyalist as Garda Commissioner and Charlie ‘Black and Tan’ as our justice minister

4) That it happened in Dundalk means one cannot vote Sinn Féin now?

Twat

Typical Shinnerbot response

Can we dispense with the riddles?

Reading between the lines and the failure to name those arrested and the political condemnation from all quarters I would surmise that the robbers may be good living folk, I may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Wasn't that long ago, the irish state were strapping republicans to landmines....

There comes a point when you need to move on.

FINISH HIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

At any speed at all,,from Dundalk Town centre no traffic,no red lights etc you can cross the border in 5 to 10 min's. I know the area so well that I could certainly do it in 5min's.
    So I can only imagine the communications that was going on between both Police services in a small space of time.
    armaghlad wrote: »
    With a trailer with two atms?

Yes .and depending on which route you take,.you might only encounter one bad corner and zero ramps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Edgware wrote: »

Huh?
    I'll give one example with no traffic, no traffic lights and no ramps..
    Clanbrasil St -- Lisdoo cnr 1min... Lisdoo -- Armagh Rd/Forkhill Rd Junction 2 min..... Armagh Rd/Forkhill Rd Junction -- Border 2 mins.... I would 100% do that at a moderate high speed... Add a few minutes on for that jeep and load,. bearing in mind he's driving for his life!?
    Now apologise to me in case anyone listened to your insult :rolleyes:

Advertisement