Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Glorious Republicans....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Isn't this just a bit stupid given how little is moving out there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

You voted for the IRA?

no not me..i never vote SF

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I love the burden of proof.

Because they were caught in Crossmaglen, they are
    1. Guilty
    2. Are republicans
    3. Have direct links to Sin Fein

Hang them. And all of Sin Fein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

fryup wrote: »

SF got less than 25% of the vote, not sure where a third of the vote is coming from?

Where does it say in the article that the perpetrators have been arrested?

I suppose you think the following is entirely co/incidental and unrelated:
    Three males, two aged in their 20s and one 50s, were subsequently arrested by the PSNI at a house in the Crossmaglen area of Co Armagh.

Maybe a copy / paste error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Allinall

I love the burden of proof.

Because they were caught in Crossmaglen, they are
    1. Guilty
    2. Are republicans
    3. Have direct links to Sin Fein

Hang them. And all of Sin Fein

Sounds reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

and a third of the country voted for them...so what does that say about us? (or a third of us) :cool:

It says that people looking at the political spectrum were just ‘fed up’ of the FG, FF status quo, who can blame them and they sought an alternative. SF presented themselves under Mary Lou as a less ‘threatening’ alternative then they once had been viewed as and it worked.

Were the population a bit ‘easily taken in ?’ For sure, but then again it’s been a ‘mostly’ crime and violence free 20 years since the GF agreement so it would have been smart and easy for them as they have been doing to target young voters and attempt to inject the younger generations with their ideals and thinking without said voters having the reminder of flashing blue lights and loud bangs of the troubles blaring from their television sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

No, I read the article.

you may have noticed then there was no mention of the ira or republicans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I suppose you think the following is entirely co/incidental and unrelated:

Maybe a copy / paste error.
    In our world people are innocent until proven guilt, the article worded the arrest so as not to imply guilt. You don't seem to have the comprehension skills to deduct basic fact from an article and neither do you have the comprehension skill to understand where you have made an error in understanding basic English.

Those arrested may be guilty of the crime but the courts are there to decide that not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Strumms wrote: »
    At a time of unprecedented danger for the state and its citizens...

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/0404/1128462-atm-theft-dundalk/

Blocking off a Garda station with heavy machinery to make their getaway.

Imagine somebody needing the gardai, a family member or friend and them being unable to respond because the ‘RA’ boys had pinned them in their station to feed their insatiable greed and cash lust... remember this when the next election comes around.

Well done to the Gardai and PSNI.... these individuals in the RA, the vilest of creatures.

Jesus, lad, do you know there is a crisis on. Let your hobby horse aside for a while.

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    you may have noticed then there was no mention of the ira or republicans

It has all the hallmarks of the RA. At least they didn’t kill any Gardai though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think someone is getting over excited, some low level crooks tried and failed to steal an ATM when ever thing was quiet, be more over the next month chancers rather than any great plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Maybe Violet-Anne Wynne decided to raise funds to pay off her 12k rent arrears?

Pity Ivan Yates never paid off his debts.

And maybe these criminals should change their name to Mick Lowry. They'll have FFFG lining up to do business with them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Don't be saying shyte like people voted for the IRA.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Pity Ivan Yates never paid off his debts.

And maybe these criminals should change their name to Mick Lowry. They'll have FFFG lining up to do business with them then.

You forget Dobby and the wife beater organising the biggest insider trade in history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

biko wrote: »
    I like how convenient AH makes things.
    If a crime happens up there is automatically ex IRA, if a crime happens down here it's automatically travellers.

Because it’s pretty much true. PS, this crime happened down here.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Peruvian Flake

Allinall wrote: »
    Sounds reasonable to me.

Yep, full house there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Border Counties are fast developing a reputation for more than inbred mucksavages, country and western music, lorry drivers, fuel smuggling, and poultry farming. Robbing ATMs seems to be a cottage industry up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Hardliners are often up to their neck in criminal activities. What is needed is fewer apologists and less ahh but what about the...

Dan.

I think someone is getting over excited, some low level crooks tried and failed to steal an ATM when ever thing was quiet, be more over the next month chancers rather than any great plan.

Not low level at all, disabled the ability of local Gardai to respond to this and any situation with a heavy industrial vehicle... well planned, executed and probably not a million miles from being successful. A chancer is a fella targeting a Spar manager with screwdriver when he’s getting into his car with the takings at 10pm in an isolated area.... this was planned to a tee... seemingly great organization and execution.

It’s great kudos to the Gardai and PSNI that the greatest windfall these fellas might have is when the wives have to go down to collect their social. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Kivaro wrote: »
    The good news is that arrests were made.
    I believe that penalties and criminal sentencing should be doubled for ALL crimes committed during a worldwide deadly pandemic.

I’d say that will be taken in to consideration when these low life scum bags are sentenced.

I’m absolutely delighted that they were caught. Well done PSNI/AGS

It’s great kudos to the Gardai and PSNI that the greatest windfall these fellas might have is when the wives have to go down to collect their social. :eek:

Their social welfare should be stopped immediately. This is not a case of being unlucky on their first attempt. They no doubt were involved in the countless other ATM thefts over the last year or two and their wife’s and families have benefited from those crimes. All state benefits to those families should be stopped but I guess that now they know their identities CAB (if they live on this side of the border) should do a deep trawl of all their financial transactions for the last few years. .

Not low level at all, disabled the ability of local Gardai to respond to this and any situation with a heavy industrial vehicle... well planned, executed and probably not a million miles from being successful. A chancer is a fella targeting a Spar manager with screwdriver when he’s getting into his car with the takings at 10pm in an isolated area.... this was planned to a tee... seemingly great organization and execution.

Have you ever watched any heist movie? Slowing down the cops is robbery 101. Any 10 year old could've done it better. Read something other than the Independant, Maybe the Beano or My little pony, give you a more rounded outlook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I’d say that will be taken in to consideration when these low life scum bags are sentenced.

I’m absolutely delighted that they were caught. Well done PSNI/AGS

Unfortunately, the judge will have to follow existing sentencing guidelines. I would like to see our government enacting a new law to adjust the penalties during a time of crisis. There are gangs of criminals going around the country at the moment causing havoc during a deadly pandemic. They do not care about us, so we should not care if they get double the time in jail for their utter contempt of normal society.

Have you ever watched any heist movie? Slowing down the cops is robbery 101. Any 10 year old could've done it better. Read something other than the Independant, Maybe the Beano or My little pony, give you a more rounded outlook

It may be robbery 101 but the planning and resources to do it with such a big vehicle at the Garda station...

The Beano or My Little Pony ? I don’t think so, I much prefer the Dandy, or your posts, they both contain similar levels of outlandish entertaining hijinks. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Not low level at all, disabled the ability of local Gardai to respond to this and any situation with a heavy industrial vehicle... :
    They tried to and failed the Garda rammed them and got close.
    well planned, executed and probably not a million miles from being successful. :
    badly planned and executed, the cops were on top of them quickly until they escaped to the lawless UK.
    A chancer is a fella targeting a Spar manager with screwdriver when he’s getting into his car with the takings at 10pm in an isolated area.... this was planned to a tee... seemingly great organization and execution.

These lads were chancers with big plans but they failed. They were inept and clueless, they got nothing.

They tried to and failed the Garda rammed them and got close.

badly planned and executed, the cops were on top of them quickly until they escaped to the lawless UK.

These lads were chancers with big plans but they failed. They were inept and clueless, they got nothing.

Their failure was more to do with from what we can see excellent police work on both sides of the border, great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

At any speed at all,,from Dundalk Town centre no traffic,no red lights etc you can cross the border in 5 to 10 min's. I know the area so well that I could certainly do it in 5min's.
    So I can only imagine the communications that was going on between both Police services in a small space of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

At any speed at all,,from Dundalk Town centre no traffic,no red lights etc you can cross the border in 5 to 10 min's. I know the area so well that I could certainly do it in 5min's.
    So I can only imagine the communications that was going on between both Police services in a small space of time.
    With a trailer with two atms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

A hat tip by the way to all the Helen lovejoys on boards. How can anyone ever vote Sinn Fein, those big bad IRA boys at it again, can imagine you all choking on your special K this morning. Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

biko wrote: »
    I like how convenient AH makes things.
    If a crime happens up there is automatically ex IRA, if a crime happens down here it's automatically travellers.

If the IRA start travelling we're in trouble.

Advertisement