Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah tried Firefox instead of Chrome and i can see it now :)

Weird, I only use chrome. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

When I seen this revealed, I thought it looked unreal, but I'd never played a Souls game and all I've heard is how brutal they are. I happened to have Bloodborne downloaded from it being a PS Plus game a while back, but didn't do much more than play a half hour or so, get killed a bunch, and then I just left it and moved on.

Recently I gave it another go, and after an hour or so of constantly dying and not making it past that first bonfire, I actually really got into it. Once I found some of the shortcuts and got the hang of the combat more, I began to enjoy it alot. Still very challenging and there's alot with the game that I'm just learning as I go, but I'm a handful of bosses into it now and liking it.

Is it fair to say I'd like Demons Souls if I'm enjoying Bloodborne? I've read Bloodborne is a faster pace than the Souls games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

shrewdness wrote: »
    When I seen this revealed, I thought it looked unreal, but I'd never played a Souls game and all I've heard is how brutal they are. I happened to have Bloodborne downloaded from it being a PS Plus game a while back, but didn't do much more than play a half hour or so, get killed a bunch, and then I just left it and moved on.

Recently I gave it another go, and after an hour or so of constantly dying and not making it past that first bonfire, I actually really got into it. Once I found some of the shortcuts and got the hang of the combat more, I began to enjoy it alot. Still very challenging and there's alot with the game that I'm just learning as I go, but I'm a handful of bosses into it now and liking it.

Is it fair to say I'd like Demons Souls if I'm enjoying Bloodborne? I've read Bloodborne is a faster pace than the Souls games.

Bloodborne is faster paced in combat but the DeS and Dark Souls games still have very technical combat, just slower and better RPG mechanics. They also retain the labyrinthian level design of bloodborne. You'll like it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bloodborne is faster paced in combat but the DeS and Dark Souls games still have very technical combat, just slower and better RPG mechanics. They also retain the labyrinthian level design of bloodborne. You'll like it.

Cheers, going to pick it up some time after launch so, looking forward to experiencing it for the first time in next gen!

€80 for standard edition - is the the next gen normal game price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

glasso wrote: »
    €80 for standard edition - is the the next gen normal game price?

pretty much,it's abit hard to stomach tbh when you think of season passes etc.

Will be buying off turkish/indonesian stores this generation most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

daheadonu wrote: »

Prices seem to have gone up on the Indonesian store. Demon's Souls is working out at €56, about €2 cheaper than what it costs in the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Prices seem to have gone up on the Indonesian store. Demon's Souls is working out at €56, about €2 cheaper than what it costs in the US store.

It's not as cheap as you could get some games this gen but I'll happy to pay those prices considering the alternative.

I've always found the Turkish PSN store to be cheaper tbh

daheadonu wrote: »

at those prices there's likely to be more one-console exclusives and long delays to pc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The game looks stunning. I’ve said before I do not believe this generation will be a major leap in graphical fidelity simply because games already routinely look so great. But if this is a taster of what we can look forward, we’ll have some very, very beautiful next-gen games nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ganzerwika

This is dead no one is going to be smart to hand up there pre orders!! If anything there going to sell them on.

P.s. shops getting extra stock in on the day !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Niska

It has over 180 game help videos via the PS5 OS :

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-03-demons-souls-on-ps5-has-over-180-game-help-videos

Wonder are half of them 'Git gud'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Niska wrote: »
    It has over 180 game help videos via the PS5 OS :

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-03-demons-souls-on-ps5-has-over-180-game-help-videos

Wonder are half of them 'Git gud'.

Can think of no better game for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Details on the game's character creator and photo mode can be found on the PS Blog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Details on the game's character creator and photo mode can be found on the PS Blog.

If the best character you can make isn't a disgusting monstrosity then it's not demon's souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If the best character you can make isn't a disgusting monstrosity then it's not demon's souls.

They seem to be going for a more human-looking human approach this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When can we expect reviews to start coming out or this?

When can we expect reviews to start coming out or this?

Today I would say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As technically stunning as the game looks, I’d definitely share some of the concerns I’ve read online about Bluepoint’s liberal tinkering with the game’s art style. They’re unwilling to tweak the gameplay at all, but are all in with in some cases massively overhauled art assets. I do think Shadow of the Colossus, while undoubtedly impressive, did lose some of that unmistakable Ueda character in translation... and that looks to be the case here too.

Still excited about playing the game at 60FPS given the original felt stuck together with sellotape. But there’s certainly a note of caution to be sounded about how the game’s looks and sounds have been significantly altered beyond the original vision. Which is particularly noteworthy when the core gameplay remains seemingly totally unaltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

When I eventually get the console (didn't preorder, so I'll have to wait) I'll 100% be playing this. I did clear the first one but it was a draining challenge and with the game being so bleak looking it didn't help. Now that it seems a whole lot brighter and more detailed I'm guessing the "dreariness" of the game may not be so bad. I know I'll regret these words when I meet that B*STARD Flamelurker but hey... at least he'll look great!

As technically stunning as the game looks, I’d definitely share some of the concerns I’ve read online about Bluepoint’s liberal tinkering with the game’s art style. They’re unwilling to tweak the gameplay at all, but are all in with in some cases massively overhauled art assets. I do think Shadow of the Colossus, while undoubtedly impressive, did lose some of that unmistakable Ueda character in translation... and that looks to be the case here too.

Yea I get that concern, but IMO a visual update this massive requires a little creative freedom in a way that the gameplay does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Still excited about playing the game at 60FPS given the original felt stuck together with sellotape. But there’s certainly a note of caution to be sounded about how the game’s looks and sounds have been significantly altered beyond the original vision. Which is particularly noteworthy when the core gameplay remains seemingly totally unaltered.

They have changed some of the gameplay though, like adding omnidirectional rolling.

They have changed some of the gameplay though, like adding omnidirectional rolling.

That one was pretty much universally requested tbf, no one is complaining about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gameriot with Part 1 of his playthrough. It looks so good.

Still excited about playing the game at 60FPS given the original felt stuck together with sellotape.

But is it really a souls game if it doesn't have a poisoned swamp area that tanks the framerate to single digits?

But is it really a souls game if it doesn't have a poisoned swamp area that tanks the framerate to single digits?

You jest but I'm willing to bet any amount of money that there are some hardcore nutjobs out there that think the Valley of Defilement loses its 'charm' just because it doesn't run like teletext anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Blue point are an incredible studio , but I have always question them changing and tinkering with art assets since they they were in charge with the remake of Shadow of Colossus. Of course , its amazing to play these beloved games in 60fps , but them changing key art assets , changes the mood of the games entirely and makes it feel like a different game altogether.

Despite how I feel about them adding new animations in Demons Souls Remake to make it feel more modern to what people expect from a game in 2020 , I am not for any of the Enemy / Npc changes they have done to the game . Everything feels off with this remake .

Even the music score does not feel Souls like , and if someone wanted to use the OG music , its behind a paywall ? :confused:

I am still planning on buying this game , but at this point , I much prefer Blue Point Making their own games and leave these Iconic games alone .

I would be super terrified if they were ever given the green light to remake ICO

• Advertisement

Digital Foundry going in depth here::

Advertisement