Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Quote away but can you choose actions of him that caused reductions of unemployment? Cause that downward trend is simply maintained.

Better quote a black american rather then me talk about trump and the african american community. Maintaining a long term trend is not always straight forward either.
    I simply stated a fact, dont know why it has irked so many but there seems to be a lot of emotional people on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Better quote a black american rather then me talk about trump and the african american community. Maintaining a long term trend is not always straight forward either.
    I simply stated a fact, dont know why it has irked so many but there seems to be a lot of emotional people on here.

There's a lot of people as well who are keen to point out they're not fans of Trump, but...............

Part of the re-write so if he loses it'll become, 'I never liked him' or 'I never said he was good'.

Of course, many will just transition to new accounts and so their previous views will be lost in to the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,646 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There's a lot of people as well who are keen to point out they're not fans of Trump, but...............

Part of the re-write so if he loses it'll become, 'I never liked him' or 'I never said he was good'.

Of course, many will just transition to new accounts and so their previous views will be lost in to the ether.

Yeah it’s funny how none or few of the accounts who were apostles for Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney etc. have all long vanished or closed account.

You are correct, there will be a lot of reckoning from folks and many of them will never be seen in their like again after Trump loses and is carted off to jail for money laundering etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There will be account closures, a few days after there will be new accounts and then line will be "I'm no fan of Trumps but I believe he was robbed, the election was rigged, he was set up to fail etc etc"

this account was simply setup as im building a house, just because i don't hate trump and get emotional like many here does not mean i like the guy. Just because we disagree does not mean anything, its ok to disagree with people you know. BOred at work today hence im here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

People like you make it impossible to have a moderate opinion on the man...I left the thread for a few weeks because you posted a facebook video of individuals convinced a Fascist coup was underway....it's bonkers stuff!!!

I think the Democrats are in a terrible place but I don't think they are attempting a coup...no normal person would!!!

People like you make it impossible to have a moderate opinion on the man...I left the thread for a few weeks because you posted a facebook video of individuals convinced a Fascist coup was underway....it's bonkers stuff!!!

I think the Democrats are in a terrible place but I don't think they are attempting a coup...no normal person would!!!

either agree with that guy or you are automatically the enemy, its childish stuff, i simply stated a fact and this is the response of so called adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There will be account closures, a few days after there will be new accounts and then line will be "I'm no fan of Trumps but I believe he was robbed, the election was rigged, he was set up to fail etc etc"

"It was the media's fault"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/21/five-states-more-early-votes-have-been-cast-than-trump-received-2016/?fbclid=IwAR1uvivmKi4C05PMrc58q72SJJxlCXq8s_p0aCgRCacTqJ0qNd31ipLF9Mk

In some states more people have voted early than the number of people who voted for Trump in 2016.

I think Trump will lose.

Overheal wrote: »

id be very surprised if trump was to win again, didn't do enough to condemn white supremacists and also attacking fauci was a stupid move, he obviously listen to no advisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

newhouse87 wrote: »
    id be very surprised if trump was to win again, didn't do enough to condemn white supremacists and also attacking fauci was a stupid move, he obviously listen to no advisers.

Plus factor in Biden is not as poor a candidate as Hillary Clinton was.
    I am not saying Biden is "Mr Charisma" but at least he seems more likeable, sincere and honest than Hillary Clinton.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Plus factor in Biden is not as poor a candidate as Hillary Clinton was.
    I am not saying Biden is "Mr Charisma" but at least he seems more likeable, sincere and honest than Hillary Clinton.

If Biden has ran back then I don’t think Hillary would have won the primary, just too divisive. For the same reason Trump wouldn’t have won the Primary either, he was picked for his viciousness toward Hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

As you are all keen to lump everyone together in the trump-tard, zealot category every chance you get I will assume you are also talking about me.

You claimed I called Trump a genius when I didn't so I corrected you. My opinion on Trump hasn't changed since I came on talking about this. My position on the Biden scandal went from 'this is definitely not to be ignored', to now believing it is a concerted media effort NOT to cover a story that should be covered and would be under almost any other circumstances.

I said weeks ago I think Trump will win comfortably, that hasn't changed btw.

I was interested in your take on the Obama economy and you ignored. What did you think he did that was the main cause of such a difference between the US and Europe. Signing off on the stimulus? I asked was it possible that monetary policy and/or the US being the reserve currency had an effect. Is it possible that the ECB has to weigh up more political consequences before it can just start printing money and lowering interest rates to zero?

And I did read the forbes article but I don't like just deferring to one article, especially when you are adamant about it.

As you are all keen to lump everyone together in the trump-tard, zealot category every chance you get I will assume you are also talking about me.

You claimed I called Trump a genius when I didn't so I corrected you. My opinion on Trump hasn't changed since I came on talking about this. My position on the Biden scandal went from 'this is definitely not to be ignored', to now believing it is a concerted media effort NOT to cover a story that should be covered and would be under almost any other circumstances.

I was interested in your take on the Obama economy and you ignored. What did you think he did that was the main cause of such a difference between the US and Europe. Signing off on the stimulus? I asked was it possible that monetary policy and/or the US being the reserve currency had an effect. Is it possible that the ECB has to weigh up more political consequences before it can just start printing money and lowering interest rates to zero?

And I did read the forbes article but I don't like just deferring to one article, especially when you are adamant about it.

Fox News took the wind out of the sails of that non scandal:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-tony-bobulinski-joe-biden-unanswered-questions

I have already seen that and apparently fox and unnamed sources go from being the truth to being unverified each day. So the emails aren't fake, but they are corroborated.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

"It was the media's fault"

No no no.

‘It’s the lefty liberal woke Twitter mob’s fault.’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I think there's a lot of unwell people who can't handle Trump saying rude things (Biden's warmongering past is OK though!), so I think these people will come out in force to vote for the big guy.

But there's also a lot of Trump supporters, and a loooot of closet Trump supporters.

So I think it will be close.

But I think Biden will edge it.

Takes some nerve to come in here and demand answers to such a wide ranging question. When I posted a graph showing the rate of US employment, you queried would every countries graph look similar.
    You didn't post comparable graphs to refute my point, you just expressed doubt that the info I posted was relevant.

And now, you are not offering anything to refute my point about the unemployment drop during Obama's Presidency but asking a question and expecting others posters to research, analyse and summarise with a response about a topic you have said you know nothing about.

Why are you so eager to discuss something you claim to have no knowledge on?
    I already posted the article from Forbes talking about Obama policy results. Why don't you say which point you disagree with in that article, and why.

You don't get to demand someone else puts effort in to a topic while not being in a position to offer something yourself. At least the discussions I am familiar with adhere to this basic premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I have already seen that and apparently fox and unnamed sources go from being the truth to being unverified each day. So the emails aren't fake, but they are corroborated.

This story and it's origins have been manipulated and targeted directly for the likes of yourself, it's to throw doubt on Biden, it's to make it easier to vote for Trump by dragging Biden down to his level, the people behind the story have been shouting that news is fake for 4 years, and now complaining that "fake news" won't cover their story with more holes in it than swiss cheese, the story will disappear after November 3rd, if it was taken seriously than the authorities would be investigating it, but a result may not be known for a few months, which is obviously not suitable for an election scandal, unless you're just pushing it for the sake of election results. Proper journalists don't run uncorroborated stories, even tabloid journalists don't want to touch this. You're someone who can think critically, you have to be able to see this. Whether you want to publicly acknowledge it for an internet "win" is up to you.

Takes some nerve to come in here and demand answers to such a wide ranging question. When I posted a graph showing the rate of US employment, you queried would every countries graph look similar.
    You didn't post comparable graphs to refute my point, you just expressed doubt that the info I posted was relevant.

And now, you are not offering anything to refute my point about the unemployment drop during Obama's Presidency but asking a question and expecting others posters to research, analyse and summarise with a response about a topic you have said you know nothing about.

Why are you so eager to discuss something you claim to have no knowledge on?
    I already posted the article from Forbes talking about Obama policy results. Why don't you say which point you disagree with in that article, and why.

You don't get to demand someone else puts effort in to a topic while not being in a position to offer something yourself. At least the discussions I am familiar with adhere to this basic premise.

Nerve? You sounded like you know a lot more about it, you seemed enthusiastic about jumping in with the article and graph. The article wasn't exactly thorough so I had some natural questions about it and you are clutching your pearls. What you said sounded a little simplistic so I questioned it. If you don't want to explain anything about your opinion don't get involved lest you be asked about it again!

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    This story and it's origins have been manipulated and targeted directly for the likes of yourself, it's to throw doubt on Biden, it's to make it easier to vote for Trump by dragging Biden down to his level, the people behind the story have been shouting that news is fake for 4 years, and now complaining that "fake news" won't cover their story with more holes in it than swiss cheese, the story will disappear after November 3rd, if it was taken seriously than the authorities would be investigating it, but a result may not be known for a few months, which is obviously not suitable for an election scandal, unless you're just pushing it for the sake of election results. Proper journalists don't run uncorroborated stories, even tabloid journalists don't want to touch this. You're someone who can think critically, you have to be able to see this. Whether you want to publicly acknowledge it for an internet "win" is up to you.

Well if it's targeted at people like me it's an utter waste of time because I already wouldn't have voted for Biden if I was over there. Are you still claiming everything is QAnon or have you moved on from that and believe the emails are real but they just don't show Joe Biden received money?

You're someone who can think critically, you have to be able to see this. Whether you want to publicly acknowledge it for an internet "win" is up to you.

And I think I write pretty in depth and am quite reasonable, the idea that there isn't attempted slam-dunk after slam-dunk in these online discussions is a bit mad. I have already said today that I know very little about economics and that if I'm wrong about Trump's election chances I'll be on here recanting and accepting the polls going forward. In both cases those sentiments were immediately used against me. I don't mind that but don't try and say everybody here who disagrees is coming from a place of collegiate discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't believe I ever claimed this story was from QAnon, QAnon seem to be a bunch of lunatics out of touch with reality who believe Trump is some sort of second coming, with their own separate set of crazy conspiracy theories.

This story is not credible at the moment, none of the evidence stacks up, no one with any credentials has stood behind or put their name to it (because they'd be a laughing stock if they did). It's targeted at people like you (obviously in the US) to cast doubt on Biden, to make it more likely to accept Trump "because they're both equally bad". It will be a non-story after November 4th (just like all the Hillary "lock her up" business).

What's shocking is seeing people who seem to have an education go down the rabbit hole with this stuff and get sucked in, and then you don't know if it's a sunk cost fallacy, or trolling, or really believe it. I mean they've spent the last 4 years trying to set up this scenario, and anyone with half a brain would see through it, but because it supports a narrative people want it to (Biden is at least as bad as Trump) they're choosing to believe it.

Do you believe anything will come of this, whether Trump or Biden wins? Do you see Biden being investigated for corruption and Hunter being arrested for this? (undoubtedly he'll be arrested after a relapse at some stage, but doubtful for this charge). Can you understand where these stories are being targeted and why? The complaint seems to be against mainstream media, yet Fox, which is pretty mainstream, and push whatever Trump wants, wouldn't publish this, and only reported on it after the New York Post pushed it (sans journalist).

Nerve? You sounded like you know a lot more about it, you seemed enthusiastic about jumping in with the article and graph. The article wasn't exactly thorough so I had some natural questions about it and you are clutching your pearls. What you said sounded a little simplistic so I questioned it. If you don't want to explain anything about your opinion don't get involved lest you be asked about it again!

My opinion is Obama policies kick started a recovery which led to, amongst other things, a 10 year year on year decrease on the US unemployment numbers.

What's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

I don't believe I ever claimed this story was from QAnon, QAnon seem to be a bunch of lunatics out of touch with reality who believe Trump is some sort of second coming, with their own separate set of crazy conspiracy theories.

This story is not credible at the moment, none of the evidence stacks up, no one with any credentials has stood behind or put their name to it (because they'd be a laughing stock if they did). It's targeted at people like you (obviously in the US) to cast doubt on Biden, to make it more likely to accept Trump "because they're both equally bad". It will be a non-story after November 4th (just like all the Hillary "lock her up" business).

What's shocking is seeing people who seem to have an education go down the rabbit hole with this stuff and get sucked in, and then you don't know if it's a sunk cost fallacy, or trolling, or really believe it. I mean they've spent the last 4 years trying to set up this scenario, and anyone with half a brain would see through it, but because it supports a narrative people want it to (Biden is at least as bad as Trump) they're choosing to believe it.

Do you believe anything will come of this, whether Trump or Biden wins? Do you see Biden being investigated for corruption and Hunter being arrested for this? (undoubtedly he'll be arrested after a relapse at some stage, but doubtful for this charge). Can you understand where these stories are being targeted and why? The complaint seems to be against mainstream media, yet Fox, which is pretty mainstream, and push whatever Trump wants, wouldn't publish this, and only reported on it after the New York Post pushed it (sans journalist).

What about Pompeo:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pompeo-agrees-hunter-bidens-laptop-not-part-of-russian-operation

Is pompeo a loon too?

Looks like Biden will get in but Kamala and Biden are absolutely dreadful. A pair of crooks selected from a pretty good field; Gabbard, Yang, Bernie or Klobuchar all would have been good candidates.

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Looks like Biden will get in but Kamala and Biden are absolutely dreadful. A pair of crooks selected from a pretty good field;

whats the crime?

What about Pompeo:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pompeo-agrees-hunter-bidens-laptop-not-part-of-russian-operation

Is pompeo a loon too?

Looks like Biden will get in but Kamala and Biden are absolutely dreadful. A pair of crooks selected from a pretty good field; Gabbard, Yang, Bernie or Klobuchar all would have been good candidates.

The same Pompeo who was on the call that resulted in Trump being impeached? The call he claimed to have little knowledge of. Trump's remaining administration simply aren't known for being reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What about Pompeo:

Is pompeo a loon too?

Yep

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47670717

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What about Pompeo:

Is pompeo a loon too?

Trump is not a crook...?

/Richard Nixon voice...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

whats the crime?

probably guilty of being socialist or something similar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement