Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Lads, half thinking of taking Friday off and buying a crate of beer and some sausage rolls and chicken wings to kick start the Jumps season!!
    GET UP THE YARD SHE SAID !!!
    Do we have any indication what horses are out this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Lads, half thinking of taking Friday off and buying a crate of beer and some sausage rolls and chicken wings to kick start the Jumps season!!

How could anyone possibly know what horses might be out this weekend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Nice looking novice chase in Chepstow.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/12/chepstow/2020-10-10/766164/

Munster National Entries

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/188/limerick/2020-10-11/767978/

Make your own Sausie rolls Roger, it is an enlightening experience. If that is too much hassle go for the gourmet ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

2m 4f Novices Handicap chase scrapped from Cheltenham.
    Fred Winter moving to Day 1 and Mares chase will be on Gold Cup day

Shame re the novice chase
    A Plus Tard winning it at 7's in 2019 was my biggest earner that year
    Surprised the Kim Muir survived, thought they might have scrapped it and called the Mares race after Kim Muir instead to save the name

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Nice looking novice chase in Chepstow.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/12/chepstow/2020-10-10/766164/

Munster National Entries

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/188/limerick/2020-10-11/767978/

Make your own Sausie rolls Roger, it is an enlightening experience. If that is too much hassle go for the gourmet ones.

That will be an interesting market for the novice chase Moron
    Paint the Dream was on a lot of lips last year
    Fusil looked a good chaser LTO
    Fiddler always classy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Anyone looking forward to the NH season, wants to look at the Veterans Chase on Friday.

https://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Chepstow/09-October-2020/1655

Robbie Power riding in UK this year instead of Ireland
    Interesting
    Presumably will be mainly based with the Tizzards
    Could see HC stick with PN from here on in maybe?

Nice little job going there in Jessica's yard for someone you'd think

Jessie wont have much of a Jumps string I'd imagine. Concentrating more on the flat?

That will be an interesting market for the novice chase Moron
    Paint the Dream was on a lot of lips last year
    Fusil looked a good chaser LTO
    Fiddler always classy

He might not be the best horse in the race but Fergal O'Brien tends to get his ready for the early season. I will check the prices but if he gets ignored by the market I will have a bet for sure.

Fusil Raffles is definitely interesting and depending on price will get a saver for sure.. It looks a good chase.

• Advertisement

Aramon out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

Aramon out for the season

Jesus thats hard to take, he looked like he was going to have a good season, pity for the "new" owners

Goshen beaten again just there on the flat in Goodwood.

Something is not ticking this year for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Goshen beaten again just there on the flat in Goodwood.

Something is not ticking this year for sure.

Makes no sense to me why they're campaigning the horse the same way as they did last year when they had no idea if he would take to hurdles. The ride he got today was shocking. Hopefully his next run is in something like the Elite or International. I'm keeping the faith.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Makes no sense to me why they're campaigning the horse the same way as they did last year when they had no idea if he would take to hurdles. The ride he got today was shocking. Hopefully his next run is in something like the Elite or International. I'm keeping the faith.

When the good ones go wrong.... I doubt it.

They should send him chasing, he would have more respect for a fence. Either way he is either regressive with a niggle ... or.... they are giving him a breather for the year, this worked with the likes of Tiger Roll. Juveniles hurdlers have a habit of spitting the dummy.

When the good ones go wrong.... I doubt it.

They should send him chasing, he would have more respect for a fence. Either way he is either regressive with a niggle ... or.... they are giving him a breather for the year, this worked with the likes of Tiger Roll. Juveniles hurdlers have a habit of spitting the dummy.

Strange cos HC rides Goshen out so would know the horse, he went far too early. Of course maybe he felt he was going backwards and had no option, who knows..
    He won't win the CH regardless as Abacadabras wins it!

As for Goshen 2021, very easy to start writing him off, but go back, watch the triumph and have a word with yourself! Still a monster in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

THE JUMPERS IS A COMING...............................

'I wouldn't be writing him off at all' - Gordon Elliott star's Gold Cup aim

Gordon Elliott: "I probably say this every year, but I’ve never had as nice a bunch of horses to look forward to"

UPDATED 8:44PM, OCT 18 2020

Welcome to Gordon Elliott’s playground. Here we have toys other trainers could only ever dream about playing with. In one box, there is the unbeaten Envoi Allen, firmly on course to make his chasing debut at Down Royal next month.

Tiger Roll, the most popular horse in training, is another. Presenting Percy is a nice addition to the Gold Cup category that already features five-time Grade 1 winner Delta Work.

There is no place for boredom around here. Every corner of Cullentra House Stables is full of intrigue and we haven’t even mentioned the toys Elliott has yet to unwrap.

“We have an unbelievable amount of talented horses and we’re very lucky, but we also have a lot of unraced horses and I’m just very privileged to have some brilliant owners,” Elliott says.

More immediately, Elliott could take the wraps off Tiger Roll in a Flat maiden at Navan on Thursday, while Presenting Percy and Delta Work could return in the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal next month.

That meeting has long been used as a springboard for Elliott to launch his season and Samcro, Envoi Allen, Abacadabras and some talented bumper horses are just a handful being prepared for take-off.

Elliott adds: “It’s no secret I like to start off some of my best horses at Down Royal in November and, touch wood, Envoi Allen, Abacadabras, Samcro, Presenting Percy and Delta Work will all start back there.

“I probably say this every year, but I’ve never had as nice a bunch of horses to look forward to and we look to be well represented in most divisions.”

Rival to watch

Anything trained by Willie Mullins.

Race in focus

I’ll say the WKD Hurdle at Down Royal with Abacadabras. I think this horse has what it takes to run very well in a Champion Hurdle and, all being well, he’ll start off at Down Royal. Hopefully he can get off to a winning start and then we could think about going to Leopardstown and places like that before hopefully having a good crack at the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham. The WKD Hurdle isn’t the biggest race in the season, but it’s an important one for Abacadabras and one we’ve had our eye on for a while with him..
    Stable profile

Yard Cullentra House Stables
    Where Longwood, County Meath
    Started training 2006
    Horses in yard 205
    Members of staff 60
    Assistant trainers Ian Amond and Keith Donoghue
    Head lad Simon McGonagle
    Travelling head staff Camilla Sharples and Brian Flood
    Barn managers Joey Elliott, Eleri Apps, Seainin Mahon, Jack Madden, Katie Young, Cossie McGivern, Cat Bolger, Sinead O'Brien, Carly Scott, Darren Treacy, Ronan Galway and Kim Bridgett
    Head of veterinary care Mary Nugent
    Feed man Shane McCann
    Race planning Ryan McElligott
    Jockeys Davy Russell, Jack Kennedy, Denis O'Regan and Keith Donoghue
    Amateur jockeys Lisa O'Neill and Jamie Codd
    Secretaries Alex Hutter and Pip Proctor
    Accountant Conor McCafferty
    Stable sponsor eCOMM Merchant Solutions
    Website gordonelliottracing.co.uk
    Twitter @gelliott_racing

Winners in Ireland
    2019-20 156
    2018-19 177
    2017-18 210
    2016-17 193
    2015-16 123

Profit/loss to €1 stake
    2019-20 -312.94
    2018-19 -383.08
    2017-18 -287.03
    2016-17 -285.47
    2015-16 -285.93

Total prize-money 2019-20 €3,820,310

Abacadabras
    Six-year-old gelding Davidoff (sire) - Cadoubelle Des As (dam)
    Owner: Gigginstown House Stud
    Form figures: /211212-
    Racing Post Rating 160 (hurdles); Official rating 158h
    He'll start off at Down Royal in the Grade 3 WKD Hurdle and we'll go down the Champion Hurdle route with him. He's always shown us loads of pace and you could say he was a bit unlucky not to win the Supreme last season. He was left in front a bit too soon and it didn't suit. We're hoping he's up to the standard needed to win a Champion Hurdle.

Aforementioned
    7g Zanzibari - Parcelle De Sou
    Gigginstown House Stud
    RPR 139c OR 136c
    He won the Munster National off a light weight. He's a grand, big staying chaser and he'll be targeted at all of those good staying handicap chases.

Alpha Des Obeaux
    10g Saddler Maker - Omega Des Obeaux
    Gigginstown House Stud
    2/2333-5
    RPR 168c OR 158c
    His year will be geared towards the Aintree Grand National. I was delighted with how his prep was going for the race last year and it's just a pity it didn't go ahead. He ran well in the Becher and Bobbyjo last season and I'd imagine we'll aim him back at those races. I could see him running well in the Grand National as he has all the right attributes for the race.

Andy Dufresne
    6g Doyen - Daytona Lily
    JP McManus
    1/1/1213-
    RPR 150h OR 145h
    He's schooled very well over fences and will be ready to start in the next week or ten days. We've viewed him as a chaser from day one and we're really looking forward to seeing what he can do over a fence.

Aramax
    4g Maxios - Aramina
    JP McManus
    F311-08
    RPR 138h, 99c OR 142h
    He ran to a good level over hurdles last season but he got very tired on his first start over fences at Galway. There should be a lot of fun to be had with him this season.

Ard Abhainn
    6m Jeremy - Sheer Frustration
    Mrs Maura Gittins
    /141310-
    RPR 134h OR 132h
    She's a very nice mare who did well for us last season and I'm hoping there's a lot more fun to be had with her. I'm not sure if we're going to keep her to hurdles or go chasing, but she looks like she could be just as effective over fences.

Ballyadam
    5g Fame And Glory - Grass Tips
    Cheveley Park Stud
    131-
    RPR 122b OR -
    He's a smart horse. The plan will be to start him off in a maiden hurdle at Down Royal and I'd be disappointed if he's not a Graded horse over hurdles this season. When Jamie [Codd] got off him after winning at Downpatrick he said he was the best horse who would ever run up there – Jamie doesn't say things like that too often, so you have to respect what he says. Jamie wasn't wonderful on him when he got beaten in a bumper at Navan the time before that but the ground was very heavy and the horse ran keen. We couldn't see him being beaten that day as he was working that well, so we all had long faces on us that day, but it was great to see him do what we thought he was capable of doing at Downpatrick and we think he can take high rank over hurdles this year.

BattleoverDoyen
    7g Doyen - Battle Over
    Gigginstown House Stud
    P/111F4-
    RPR 158c OR 152c
    We could bring him back in trip and may even start him off in the Fortria Chase over two miles at Navan. He didn't do a whole pile wrong last year but maybe his form just tapered off a little bit.

Bel Ami De Sivola
    9g Network - Notting Hill
    Tom Howley and Aidan O’Ryan
    /36P55P/
    RPR 138c OR 133c
    He had a tendon injury and has missed a bit of time but he's back in and cantering away. We're thinking of stepping him up in trip and there are loads of valuable handicaps we could aim him at.

Bigbadandbeautiful
    6m Big Bad Bob - Playing Around
    Andrew Bedford
    32/1114-
    RPR 124b OR -
    She'll go novice hurdling and is one we're looking forward to. She was a classy bumper mare last season and we ran her on the Flat. We could go back to the Flat with her again. We like her.

Black Tears
    6m Jeremy - Our Girl Salley
    Mrs Caren Walsh & John Lightfoot
    P23122-
    RPR 147h OR 148h
    She's been a great mare, good and consistent, and always picks up a cheque. We'd be looking to get more black type with her this year but she's a valuable broodmare as it is. It's unlikely that she'll go chasing.

Braeside
    6g Presenting - The Kids Dante
    KTDA Racing
    3316F-4
    RPR 124h, 116c OR 122h
    I could see him winning a good staying handicap chase off a light weight. He's a big stayer who gallops and jumps.

Braid Blue
    7g Gold Well - Outo'Theblue
    PJ McBurney
    1112-4U
    RPR 145h OR 141h
    He's a talented horse. He probably doesn't want real heavy ground but on his day he's smart. He'll be out in a beginners' chase fairly soon and I'm hoping he's up to winning one.

Calagogo
    4g Doyen - Bluebell Line
    Camilla Sharples
    RPR 89b OR -
    He was a good third in a Fairyhouse bumper on his debut and he'll come on a lot for that. He'll pay his way over the winter.

Call Me Lyreen
    4g Court Cave - Mooneys Valley
    Lyreen Syndicate
    RPR 113h OR -
    He won well at Tramore last month. I'm not going to rush him as he's big and backward, but he should be up to winning plenty of races.

Cheb De Kerviniou
    10g Tiger Groom - Muhtatene
    Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    42332P-
    RPR 136c OR 129c
    I think he's well enough handicapped to win a nice pot somewhere. The ground couldn't be soft enough for him.

Chemical Energy
    4g Well Chosen - Meadstown Miss
    Andrew Brown & Gemma Brown
    RPR 110b OR -
    He won his bumper impressively at Roscommon and we're really looking forward to him this season. He'll go to the winners' bumper at Down Royal all being well.

Chosen Mate
    7g Well Chosen - Norwich Star
    The Northern Four Racing Partnership
    3411-04
    RPR 158c, 145h OR 156c, 143h
    He won the Grand Annual at Cheltenham last season and will be competitive in all of those conditions chases over two miles this season. He gave himself a cut at Tipperary a couple of weeks ago but nothing too serious. He could pick up a lot of prize-money.

Clondaw Secret
    5g Court Cave - Secret Can't Say
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 89p OR -
    We're looking forward to starting him off in a bumper in the coming weeks. We're just waiting on a bit of softer ground for him.

Coach Carter
    4g Sholokhov - Catcherinscratcher
    Kenny Haughey
    RPR 97b OR -
    He ran a bit keen at Galway. He's a quick horse who jumps very well. He'll go for another bumper and will win plenty of races.

Coko Beach
    5g Cokoriko - Solana Beach
    Gigginstown House Stud
    512F09-
    RPR 147h OR 141h
    He'll go novice chasing. He never really got his ground last season but he was a highly rated juvenile hurdler and he could be all right over fences.

Column Of Fire
    6g Robin Des Champs - Ghillie's Bay
    Gigginstown House Stud
    32F13F-
    RPR 146h OR 145h
    He looked as though he was delivering a winning challenge when falling at the last in the Martin Pipe. He was very sore afterwards, but thankfully we have him for this season and we'll go over fences. He's cantering away and is about a month or six weeks away from running. He's a classy horse.

Commander of fleet
    6g Fame And Glory - Coonagh Cross
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/1412/P-
    RPR 152h OR 149h
    He's a Grade 1 winner. He got a leg last year but he's back and looks great. He's an exciting horse to go chasing with.

Commentariolus
    6g Frankel - Apsara
    M Booth & Rachael Evans
    13/5/
    RPR 123h OR 120h
    He had a leg injury and missed a lot of time but had a nice run on the Flat at Thurles this month and I think he's well up to winning a few over hurdles.

Conflated
    6g Yeats - Saucy Present
    Gigginstown House Stud
    31344-3
    RPR 141h, 137c OR 138h
    He had a nice run over fences at Punchestown and he should come on a lot for the run. You'd be hoping he might develop into a black-type horse and there might be a handicap to be won with him along the way.

Coqolino
    5g French Fifteen - Classic Angel
    JP McManus
    12-
    RPR 120b OR -
    He was beaten by a good horse in a bumper at Gowran Park. We like him and we're looking forward to sending him over hurdles.

Corran Cross
    5g Doyen - Steel Lady
    KTDA Racing
    1-2
    RPR 115b OR -
    He bumped into a smart horse at Downpatrick and he's well up to winning his bumper in the coming weeks.

Cracking Smart
    8g Great Pretender - Maya Du Frene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    8P7514-
    RPR 155h OR 154h
    He won the Boyne Hurdle at Navan last season and he's back looking and moving great. He didn't enjoy chasing, so I'd say we'll keep him over hurdles this season. He can go for all of those conditions hurdle races and he's a smart horse on his day.

Cuneo
    8g Kapgarde - Mefertiti
    Pioneer Racing
    700-033
    RPR 141h, 120c OR 130h
    We ran him over a trip that's probably a bit short of his best at Gowran Park. He's a big staying horse and we'll try to win a staying handicap chase with him. He's a good fun horse to have.

Curlew Hill
    5g Carlotamix - Flags Flying
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    RPR 132h OR -
    He ran well at Punchestown and then got beaten by a smart horse at Downpatrick when the ground was a bit soft for him.

Daphne Moon
    5m Kalanisi - Massini Rose
    Mrs B McConnell
    3382-0
    RPR 104b OR -
    The ground wasn't soft enough for her last time at Punchestown but she's going to go over hurdles now. She's a big, honest staying mare.

Dark Spark
    4g Presenting - Voler La Vedette
    Nelius O'Keeffe
    RPR 116b OR -
    He’s got a really good pedigree and I liked the way he won his bumper at Kilbeggan. He's a nice horse who we'll probably keep to bumpers this season.

Darling Daughter
    6m Presenting - Premier Victory
    Gigginstown House Stud
    110-
    RPR 123b OR -
    She had to have an operation on her knees after the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham but she's back cantering away. She probably won't be ready until Christmas but she's a Grade 2 bumper winner and should be well capable of getting black type over hurdles.

Daylight Katie
    7m Bonbon Rose - Sirani
    Coldunell Limited
    313/211-
    RPR 139h OR -
    She'll go jumping fences. She injured herself at Down Royal last year – she just put her foot through the third-last and cut her leg – and that's why she didn't run again. I've always liked her and I'm looking forward to seeing her over a fence.

Death Duty
    9g Shantou - Midnight Gift
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1F/4402-
    RPR 162c 150h OR 147c 142h
    He's working well. I'm not sure what route I'm going to go with him but he's very well and isn't far off running. He's a classy horse but he's had a few injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him over hurdles.

Defi Bleu
    7g Saddler Maker - Glycine Bleue
    Gigginstown House Stud
    13203/P-
    RPR 145h OR 140h
    He missed a year through injury. We haven't fully decided if he'll go chasing but he could mix and match. He could win a lot of prize-money if he stays sound.

Delta Work
    7g Network - Robbe
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3-14115
    RPR 173c OR 170c
    We've learned a bit more about him every year and we know he always comes on from his first run, so we'd be expecting him to take a good step forward from whatever he does in the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal. He's still a young horse and we think there could be more improvement with another summer under his belt. He was only beaten six or seven lengths in the Gold Cup despite the fact he didn't jump well on the day – he just never got into a rhythm for whatever reason at Cheltenham – so I wouldn't be writing him off at all. Jack [Kennedy] seems to get a tune out him that nobody else can, so hopefully he'll be back in time to ride him at Down Royal. He'll take the exact same path to the Gold Cup this season and I still believe in him.

Don Diablo
    5g Flemensfirth - Tonaphuca Girl
    KTDA Racing
    2-3
    RPR 110b OR -
    He was too keen when third in a bumper at Clonmel but he came out of the race well and will run again soon.

Duffle Coat
    3g Alhebayeb - Humilis
    Little Emperor Syndicate
    RPR 124h OR -
    He's done nothing wrong in winning his two hurdle races this season and we'll either go to Down Royal or Wetherby with him. He's not the biggest but he has an engine.

Easywork
    6g Network - Rivabella De Saisy
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3/11122-
    RPR 155h OR 153h
    He's a good horse. He chased home Envoi Allen in the Ballymore last season and that's good form. We're looking forward to seeing what he can do over fences and he stays well.

Eclair De Beaufeu
    6g Monitor Closely - Tenebreuse Gemm
    Gigginstown House Stud
    214312-
    RPR 158c, 138h OR 153c, 135h
    He'll run in all of those good two-mile chases. He was second at Cheltenham last season and won a valuable handicap chase in Ireland as well. Hopefully there'll be more to come from him and he might even come back over hurdles at some stage in the season.

Envious Editor
    6g Aizavoski - Moll The Rol
    Robcour
    20/49P-3
    RPR 118h OR 118h
    He ran well at Listowel on his first run for us and he should come on a lot for that. He should be winning his maiden hurdle in the next few weeks.

Envoi Allen
    6g Muhtathir - Reaction
    Cheveley Park Stud
    11/1111-
    RPR 161h OR 160h
    We can't wait to send him over a fence as this is what he was bought to do. It's no secret that I like to start off my best horses at Down Royal and the beginners' chase that Samcro won last year looks the right place for him to go. He can come up and down in trip in Ireland, like he did last season in his novice hurdles, but if I was to put my hand on my heart about what race he'll run in at Cheltenham I'd have to say it would be the JLT. He'll have two more strong pieces of work between now and Down Royal and we're very happy with him.

Escaira Ten
    6g Maresca Sorrento - Spartes Eria
    McNeill Family
    23110-
    RPR 138h OR 132h
    He won a couple of times over hurdles and could be a real good staying chaser for us this season. He's an exciting horse and one we're really looking forward to.

Eskylane
    6g Flemensfirth - Maple Lady
    K Haughey & Laura Haughey & Kieran T Byrne
    215-1
    RPR 135h OR -
    Like a lot of ours, he'll come on a lot for his first start of the season, when he won nicely at Punchestown. He's a classy horse, as he showed when finishing fifth in the Champion Bumper last season, and I'd say it'll be the For Auction Novice Hurdle at Navan next.

Fakiera
    5g Cokoriko - Stella D'Engilbert
    Tim O'Driscoll
    4/4222-
    RPR 130h OR -
    He's a big staying horse who has a few good runs under his belt and he'll be ready to start back in a few weeks. He's up to winning his maiden hurdle and we'll take it from there.

Fakir D'Alene
    5g Cokoriko - Serbanne
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    7-2
    RPR 114h OR -
    He was disappointing in a bumper at Navan last season but he had a good run back over hurdles at Kilbeggan and I'd expect him to get off the mark sooner rather than later.

Fancy Foundations
    6g Kayf Tara - Miss Rocco
    4/4P-1
    RPR 119h OR -
    He's a nice horse and whatever he does over hurdles will only be a bonus before he goes jumping fences.

Fantasio D'Alene
    5g Saddler Maker - Passion D'Alene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3/12247-
    RPR 113h OR -
    He should develop into a good staying novice this year and is one we're really looking forward to. He could end up being an Albert Bartlett horse.

Farouk D'alene
    5g Racinger - Mascotte D'Alene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    11-
    RPR 126b OR -
    He won two bumpers for us and is a tough horse who jumps and gallops well. He could be a real good staying novice hurdler. The Ballymore could be the race for him. He's laid-back at home but he's a fair galloper and you'd have to love what he did both days for us.

Feel My Pulse
    6g Stowaway - Zenaide
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 94p OR -
    He's a very talented horse but also very hard to train. We couldn't get him to the track at all last year but he's back working nicely and hopefully we'll get a clear run with him. We're just waiting on some soft ground for him.

Felicidad
    5m Racinger - Sacade
    Kenneth Alexander
    3/8-F216
    RPR 126h OR -
    She won her maiden hurdle well at Listowel but it was very heavy ground at Limerick last time and she choked up, so we're going to get her wind done now.

Felix Desjy
    7g Maresca Sorrento - Lamadoun
    Gigginstown House Stud
    151/2-F1
    RPR 135c OR -
    He'll go for the Craddockstown Novice Chase at Punchestown after winning his beginners' chase nicely at Killarney. He'll come on a lot for Killarney and he's a nice horse to have for the two-mile novice chasing sphere. The Arkle will be on his agenda but you'd have to say he's more effective on a flat track, where he can put other horses under pressure, and he could be hard to beat at Aintree. He won a Grade 1 over hurdles there as a novice a couple of seasons back, so we know he likes it there.

Fields of dreams
    4g Champs Elysees - Dylanesque
    Frank McAleavy
    4781-23 (Flat)
    RPR 83f OR 78f
    He was rated in the high 70s on the Flat for Roger Charlton and he's jumping well at home. He should be ready to start off over hurdles in the next few weeks.

Fierami
    5g Network - Une Brik
    Jim Power
    7-5759
    RPR 101h OR 102h
    He has solid form without being exceptional and could be well enough handicapped to pay his way.

Fiston Des Issards
    5g Buck's Boum - Saboum
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 92p OR -
    He came highly recommended out of Colin Bowe's after he won his point and he's one we're looking forward to starting off in a bumper. He's a big staying chaser for the future.

Floueur
    5g Legolas - Saraska D'Airy
    Claudio Michael Grech
    31113-
    RPR 141h OR 141h
    He won a nice race at Navan and ran well at Punchestown. He's another big chaser and one we're looking forward to.

Folcano
    Falco - Floriana
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    FF1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 88p OR -
    He won his point and is a nice bumper horse to have this year.

Frontal Assault
    5g Presenting - The Folkes Choice
    Gigginstown House Stud
    235-2
    RPR 118b 111h OR -
    He didn't do a lot wrong apart from being beaten at Limerick and he'll come on a lot for that.

Fury Road
    6g Stowaway - Molly Duffy
    Gigginstown House Stud
    311143-
    RPR 152h OR 151h
    He's going to stay over hurdles this season and there's a nice second-season novice race over 2m6f at Navan for him to start off in. You'd be hoping he can develop into a horse who would be competitive in the Stayers' Hurdle. That division looks quite open and that's why we kept him to hurdles this year.

Galvin
    6g Gold Well - Burren Moonshine
    RA Bartlett
    422-111
    RPR 155c OR 148c
    The National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham is made for this lad. It's hard to believe it, but he didn't win over fences until July of this year, when he won over 2m5f at Killarney. He's won two soft races since. The plan was the Galway Plate but we had to rule him out on the morning of the race, which was unfortunate. I'd say there's a nice pot in him and the National Hunt Chase is the plan. He was second at Cheltenham last season and ran well there as a hurdler, so it seems the logical aim. There's a Grade 3 chase at Cork next month and we could run him in that before putting him away for Cheltenham.

Gars De Sceaux
    4g Saddler Marker - Replique
    JP McManus
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 96p OR -
    He won his point-to-point nicely and we like him. He's one to look forward to and will start off in a bumper.

Gerri Colombe
    4g Saddler Maker - Ruse De Guerre
    Robcour
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p OR -
    Another who won his point nicely, he's one of many nice horses we have to run in bumpers this season.

Getabay
    6g Getaway - Curragheen
    6223-33
    RPR 112h OR -
    A big staying chaser and I’d say you couldn't go far enough with him. I probably ran him back a bit soon last month.

Get Rich Die Plyin
    5g Beat Hollow - Shivermetimber
    Apollo Horse Racing Syndicate & Gary Hassall
    2-13
    RPR 127h OR -
    He's a big galloper and the only little worry I'd have with him is heavy ground. He was a small bit disappointing in a novice hurdle at Cork on Sunday but that was just his second run over hurdles and hopefully there should be more to come from him.

Ginto
    4g Walk In The Park - Tina Rederie
    Crocodile Pockets Syndicate
    Unraced
    Jamie Codd holds him in very high regard. We'll start him off in a point soon and, if Jamie is right about him, he could be exciting.

Give Him Time
    9g Kalanisi - Delayed
    Jolly Racing Syndicate
    013P1P
    RPR 106h, 105c OR 98h, 98c
    He made a bad mistake at Punchestown early and Denis [O'Regan] wisely pulled him up. There should be lots more fun to be had with him.

Glan
    5m Getaway - Fleur
    Mrs Ann Marie McManus
    7-11
    RPR 113b OR -
    Her bumper form is good. She stepped up on her Kilbeggan win when doing it nicely at Punchestown, the form of which has been boosted. We've given her a little break and the plan is to bring her back for some of those nice Listed mares' bumpers in the spring.

Glenglass
    4g Ocovango - Funny Times
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 91p OR -
    He's a very big horse and did exceptionally well to win a point at four. He's a lovely horse but he won't be busy this year. He's one for the future.

Glenloe
    9g Kayf Tara - Mandys Native
    JP McManus
    5/54/534-
    RPR 142c OR 135c
    He's a grand horse. It was disappointing that he missed Cheltenham last season as he would have had a decent chance there but hopefully we'll get a clear run with him this year.

Glens Finale
    6g Sholokhov - Glens Music
    Ms Fiona McStay
    1897-
    RPR 102h OR -
    He's been a hard horse to train but he has an engine.

Glorious Zoff
    3g Zoffany - Ardbrae Lady
    Deva Racing Syndicate
    74-5366 (Flat)
    RPR 74f OR 70f
    He's schooling well and will start off in a juvenile hurdle in the coming weeks.

Gold Des Bois
    6g Full Of Gold - Equatoriale
    Robcour
    06432-1
    RPR 123h OR -
    He got off the mark for us at Clonmel and the plan is to run him in a handicap hurdle at Down Royal. We'll keep him to hurdles for the season and hopefully there'll be a nice pot in him.

Golden Nomad
    6g Gold Well - Roaming
    Sideways Syndicate
    3-44202
    RPR 112h, 112c OR 108h
    He's been a bit disappointing but he's had a wind operation and, on the way he works at home, he should be up to winning races.

Gordon's Jet
    4g Jet Away - Rose Brook
    Douglas Taylor
    RPR 113b OR -
    He's a nice horse but real heavy ground would be a bit of a worry for him.

Grand Roi
    4g Spanish Moon - Ultra D'Anjou
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    6/31411-
    RPR 131h OR 140h
    He's done a couple of nice bits at home and he's one we're looking forward to this year. There's a Grade 3 hurdle at Galway that we'll start him off in and, all being well, it'll be the Fishery Lane after that. He'll come on for his first run.

Grangeclare Native
    5g Shantou - Navaro
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/18-F
    RPR 120h OR -
    He fell at Gowran Park when a short-priced favourite and we'd be hoping he can put that behind him wherever he goes next. He's a nice horse.

Hamundarson
    5g Stowaway - Hats And Heels
    Gigginstown House Stud
    25-2
    RPR 113b OR -
    I thought he was one of my better bumper horses last season but he's been a bit disappointing to say the least. We might go over hurdles with him now and maybe even fit him with some headgear.

Hereditary Rule
    5g Imperial Monarch - Miss Ogan
    CF Syndicate
    528-
    RPR 114h OR -
    He got a leg last year but he's back and is close to running again. He's owned by a great bunch of lads and we're looking forward to getting him back out.

Hollow Games
    4g Beat Hollow - I'm Grand
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p OR -
    Another point winner, he wants soft ground and is a horse I'm looking forward to running. He's going to make a real good staying chaser and I've made no secret about the fact I think he's nice.

Homme D'Un Soir
    4g Hurricane Cat - Country Girl
    13-
    RPR 115b OR -
    He won his bumper at Gowran Park but got beaten next time in a messy six-runner bumper at Leopardstown. He's jumping very well and we're looking forward to getting him out soon.

I A Connect
    5g Jeremy - Kings Orchid
    McNeill Family
    3-23
    RPR 112b OR -
    He works very well at home. For whatever reason, he just hasn't won yet. I'm not sure if we'll keep him to bumpers or go jumping hurdles, but he works like a machine and hopefully he can show that on track before too long.

Imperial Sachin's
    4g Fame And Glory - Queen Of Tribes
    Imperial Racing Syndicate
    RPR 100b OR -
    He had a nice first run at Downpatrick and he'll come on a lot for that. He should be up to winning a bumper.

Indigo Breeze
    4g Martaline - Miss Poutine
    G Costello
    1 (point-to-point)
    He worked well on grass last week and is ready to start off in a bumper fairly soon. He won an English point.

Insane Bolt
    4g Slade Power - Rahaala
    McDonnell's Bar Racing Syndicate
    7-81323
    RPR 113h OR 111h
    He's a good fun horse who always runs his race. We'll give him a few runs at Dundalk as well as over hurdles over the winter and he'll pay his way.

Jimmy Jimmy
    5g Robin Des Champs - Asturienne
    Brendan Scully
    622-121
    RPR 127h OR -
    He won his maiden hurdle at Punchestown. He's a good fun horse who'll end up jumping a fence but will pay his way over hurdles.

Kayf Thou
    9g Kayf Tara - Labelthou
    D Charlesworth
    6/34383-
    RPR 110c, 100h OR 105c, 94h
    He's a low-grade staying handicap chaser but there should be plenty of fun to be had with him over the winter.

Larquebuse
    6m Saddler Maker - Sirene Du Rheu
    Cheveley Park Stud
    141416-
    RPR 137h OR -
    The ground can't be soft enough for her. She was unlucky not to get black type over hurdles last season and I'd be hoping she can get it over fences this year.

Last Minute Man
    8g Yeats - Ella Watson
    SP O'Connor
    00/3337-
    RPR 125h OR 123h
    He was unlucky not to win over hurdles last season but hopefully that'll change this season. He's not far off a run.

Longacre Square
    5g Jeremy - Missed Trip
    We Are Going To Do It Syndicate
    RPR 105h OR -
    He ran well at Tramore last month and should be up to winning a few races for the syndicate. He's a fun horse.

Longclaw
    3g Kitten's Joy - Secret Union
    NHJ Racing Syndicate
    RPR 120h OR -
    He's won three juvenile hurdles and will probably go to Wetherby for a Listed hurdle.

Magic Tricks
    4g Davidoff - Cadoubelle Des As
    JP McManus
    2- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p OR -
    He's a brother to Abacadabras and, like him, he shows plenty of pace. He was second to Gars De Sceaux in a point and we're looking forward to running him soon. He's speedy.

Malone Road
    6g Kalanisi - Zaffarella
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1/11/13
    RPR 135h OR -
    He came home from Listowel very sore and he's on the easy list, so we probably won't see him until Christmas. He was disappointing at Listowel, where his jumping let him down, but he was clearly feeling something given he came back sore. He looks like he'll need stepping up in trip but you'd have to say it's unlikely he'll ever be the horse he promised to be as a bumper horse, which is unfortunate. He just doesn't seem to be the same since he came back from his injury.

Mars Harper
    4g Sulamani - Kizzy May
    Pioneer Racing
    RPR 114b OR -
    He surprised us a little when he won at Ballinrobe but the form of that race has worked out well and he showed it wasn't a fluke when he ran well at Punchestown. He's still quite immature and there should be more to come.

Milan Native
    7g Milan - That's The Goose
    Gigginstown House Stud
    24221-1
    RPR 152c OR 149c
    He won well at Galway on his return and there's a race at Navan in a few weeks for second-season novices which he might go to. There's also a race at Wexford. Long term, I'm hoping he'd be a horse for the Nationals, either Aintree or Fairyhouse.

Minellafordollars
    8g King's Theatre - Another Dollar
    JP McManus
    31/84/6-6
    RPR 136h, 124c OR 121c
    He came back in from his summer holidays looking great and he'll be up to paying his way. He showed plenty of promise as a young horse and hopefully he's up to winning a few.

Mount Ida
    6m Yeats - Jolivia
    KTDA Racing
    21/1230-
    RPR 128h OR 137h
    She has black type over hurdles but she's been a bit slow to come to hand this season. We're going to go chasing with her and we think she's up to getting black type over fences.

Mr Caplan
    5g Fame And Glory - Clockwise
    Allan Snow
    2-
    RPR 100b OR -
    He works very well. We've had a few problems with him at home but he's working well now again. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win his bumper.

Mr Jackman
    4g Flemensfirth - Leith Walk
    NHJ Racing Syndicate
    RPR 102h OR -
    I was very disappointed when he got beaten over hurdles at Punchestown a couple of weeks ago but the form of that race is turning out to be good. We're looking forward to getting him out again soon and he's up to paying his way.

'It was one of my worst decisions - but I won't make that mistake again'

O' Connell street
    6g Fame And Glory - Victorine
    Vincent Caldwell & Mrs Kathleen Caldwell
    24/2-6
    RPR 112h OR -
    He got a bit tired on his first run for us at Limerick but he qualifies for a mark now and should be able to pay his way in handicaps.

Off Your Rocco
    4g Shirocco - Takeyourcapoff
    Pioneer Racing
    RPR 103b OR -
    He won his bumper nicely and we've given him a little break. He's one to look forward to when he goes jumping.

One Down
    5g Arcadio - Gilt Ridden
    Gigginstown House Stud
    413-1
    RPR 114h OR -
    He won well at Gowran Park but I think he'll need to improve a lot to be competitive in Graded races. He was just very weak last year but I'm much happier with him now. He's a brother to The Game Changer but he's not as quick as he was.

Out Sam
    11g Multiplex - Tintera
    D Charlesworth
    3063P-F
    RPR 151c OR 126c
    He was in the process of running a nice race at Kilbeggan when he fell three out. He was fine afterwards and we were going to go for the Velká Pardubická but the prize-money was cut, so we decided against it. He could go back to the Cork National, which he won a couple of seasons ago, and also has the option of going down the cross-country route again.

Papal Lodge
    4g Papal Bull - Ladyofthelodge
    Justanidea Syndicate
    RPR 106h OR -
    I ran him back too soon last time but he's back working nicely and will run in a maiden hurdle soon.

Paranoid
    6g Mahler - Kilbarry Medoc
    Philip Reynolds
    3402P-1
    RPR 120h, 109c OR 110h, 112c
    He got the job done at Galway and you'd be hoping he could win again somewhere. He has the option of going over fences as well.

Pencilfulloflead
    6g Shantou - Quaspia
    Robcour
    14214-
    RPR 139h OR -
    He's schooling very well at home. He was bought to be a chaser and we're looking forward to sending him over a fence.

Petit Mouchoir
    9g Al Namix - Arnette
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    2235-23
    RPR 165h, 161c OR 157h
    He's a great horse for Noel and Valerie Moran as he can run in all of the big hurdle races in Ireland and hopefully pick up a cheque each time provided he stays sound. How many horses can you buy for £70,000 and know that, if he stays sound, he will win at least half of that if he stays sound? Not many. He's a classy horse and we thought he was worth taking a chance on. We'll keep him over hurdles for the time being but I wouldn't rule out going back over fences with him. The Morgiana Hurdle might be a nice starting point for him.

Presenting Percy
    9g Sir Percy - Hunca Munca
    Philip Reynolds
    18/353F-
    RPR 172c OR 165c
    I've always liked this horse. He has to improve 6lb or 7lb to be in with a chance of winning a Gold Cup but we're hopeful he can and we're very happy with what he's showing us at home. I can't wait to start him off at Down Royal and hopefully he has a big season ahead of him. If you look back at last season's Gold Cup, there's no reason to say he wouldn't have been in the money if he hadn't fallen. They went no gallop and he was coming from off the pace, which wouldn't have suited, but he was coming with a good run when he came down two out. We're very glad to have him. The plan is very much the Gold Cup but we'll also give ourselves the option of the Grand National. I think he could run very well in that.

Queens Brook
    5m Shirocco - Awesome Miracle
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    13-1
    RPR 122h OR -
    She was only three-quarters fit when she won at Fairyhouse recently and she had a good blow afterwards. Once she gets softer ground and steps out in trip she'll be a better mare altogether and the mares' novice hurdle at Cheltenham will be the plan for her. She'll go to Down Royal next for the Grade 3 mares' novice that Daylight Katie won last year and, depending on how that goes, I wouldn't be afraid of taking on the boys at some stage with her before Cheltenham. A better gallop will suit her and she wants to please you. They went no gallop at Fairyhouse and we knew she wasn’t fit, but she put her head down and galloped all the way to the line. Watch her from the last to the line – she wants to win. I love that about her.

Quilixios
    3g Maxios - Quilita
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1-1
    RPR 133h OR -
    It's very early to be starting to talk about the Triumph Hurdle but he's a nice horse and he showed that at Punchestown last week. We’ll step him up in grade now.

Ragnar Lodbrok
    5g Fame And Glory - Justamemory
    Gigginstown House Stud
    34-1
    RPR 121h OR -
    He ran in a couple of good bumpers last year before getting off the mark for us over hurdles at Galway. He should come on a lot from that.

Ravenhill
    10g Winged Love - Rhythm Hill
    Try Ravenhill Syndicate
    52F1-U6
    RPR 157c OR 153c
    He won the National Hunt Chase last season but disappointed us a little at Punchestown last week. I had been thinking of running him in the big race [Ladbrokes Champion Chase] at Down Royal but we'll see closer to the time. The Grand National looks the race for him and that'll be his long-term target.

Recent Revelations
    4g Moohaajim - Shirley Blake
    Half Married Syndicate
    24-22P5
    RPR 128h OR 130h
    He was disappointing at Punchestown last week and we'll be trying to get him back to some of his better form as a juvenile and hopefully get his head in front over hurdles somewhere this season. He had a wind operation before Punchestown.

Road To Dubai
    6g Aqlaam - Fragrancy
    Brendan Scully
    12331-1
    RPR 136h OR -
    We'll mix and match with him. The race he won at Navan wasn't strong but he did it well and hopefully he'll be up to winning again.

Run Wild Fred
    6g Shantou - Talkin Madam
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/31F1-3
    RPR 145c, 149h OR 144h
    He was a bit disappointing on his return at Limerick when it looked as though he had the race won before weakening at the back of the last. He should come on from that and hopefully he's up to winning his beginners' chase. I wouldn't be writing him off at all and, if he's not a Graded horse, hopefully he can pay his way in handicaps.

Saint D'Oroux
    4g Saint Des Saints - Benghasi
    513-933
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    He's had a wind operation since his last run. He just wasn't finishing his races out. If he comes back to his Cheltenham form he'll be okay.

Samcro
    8g Germany - Dun Dun
    Gigginstown House Stud
    25-1F21
    RPR 165c OR 159c
    The second-season novice chase at Down Royal is the plan for him and then you'd love to aim him back at something like the Ryanair at Cheltenham. We could go for the John Durkan at Punchestown and maybe something like the Kinloch Brae at Thurles before Cheltenham. I'm not going to do what I did last season in running him on bottomless ground during the winter. Everyone was saying how good a training performance it was getting him back to win the Marsh but I'd argue it was one of the worst training decisions I have ever made when I ran him on heavy ground at Limerick last winter. I won't make that mistake again with him and he could get a little break during the winter as he's just not the same horse on deep ground.

Sams Choice
    4g Kalanisi - Impressive Choice
    Lyreen Syndicate
    RPR 108b OR -
    He was second first time up at Punchestown and then we probably ran him back a bit quick when he disappointed us on softer ground there on his second start. We'll freshen him up and have him for the spring and he's a nice horse.

Santana Plessis
    6g Saint Des Saints - La Passeroie
    D Charlesworth
    RPR 123h OR 115h
    He won well the other day at Kilbeggan when Denis [O'Regan] gave him a good ride. I thought the handicapper was harsh enough putting him up 7lb but hopefully he'll be up to winning a little novice hurdle in England.

Sharp Focus
    5g Rock Of Gibraltar - Strawberrymystique
    Magnified Partnership
    951602 (Flat)
    RPR 79f OR 71f
    He ran well in Killarney last time and he has been schooling well over hurdles. We might give him one more run on the Flat before we go jumping with him.

Shattered Love
    9m Yeats - Tracker
    Gigginstown House Stud
    17326-3
    RPR 159c OR 150c
    It's not going to be easy to place her this season but she ran well at Punchestown and should come on from that.

Sheer Liss
    5m Shirocco - Liss Na Tintri
    Kenneth Alexander
    RPR 116b OR -
    She ran very well in a good mares' bumper at Gowran Park first time up for us. If we'd known her better we might have made more use of her that day. Maybe we ran her back a bit soon at Ballinrobe the other day but we'll freshen her up now and there should be more to come from her over hurdles.

Sire Du Berlais
    8g Poliglote - Royale Athenia
    JP McManus
    18/4941-
    RPR 164h OR 158h
    He has won the last two runnings of the Pertemps at Cheltenham. He's going to have to improve if he's to step up into open company but hopefully he can. The Stayers' Hurdle division looks open and we don't really have any other option but to go down that route, so hopefully he's up to it.

Sir Gerhard
    5g Jeremy - Faanan Aldaar
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p OR -
    He's a nice young horse who won his point very impressively and, everything he's done at home, he's done it well. We think he'll take high rank in the bumper sphere.

Sister Eliza
    3f Footstepsinthesand - Gift Dancer
    Jolly Racing Syndicate
    4B0
    RPR 98h OR -
    She has a couple of nice runs over hurdles under her belt and goes for a fillies' three-year-old hurdle next week. She's a nice fun horse.

Star Maker
    6g Mastercraftsmasn - Snoqualmie Star
    Thomond Racing Syndicate
    1P400-0
    RPR 130h OR 128h
    He was disappointing at Tipperary but he won a nice pot for us at Killarney last summer and if we could get him back to that sort of form he'd pay his way. He'll run at Down Royal if the ground isn't too soft for him.

Take A Turn
    6g Henrythenavigator - Satwa Pearl
    MJ Wasylocha
    71/1P4-0
    RPR 124h OR 122h
    He ran a bit flat last time but on his best form he's up to winning races and we're looking forward to getting him out soon.

Thatsy
    6g Martaline - Rainallday
    K Haughey & Laura Haughey & Kieran T Byrne
    21497-2
    RPR 130c
    I don't know what his trip is. I run him over two miles and it looks like he wants two and a half, then we run him over two and a half and it looks like he needs two. He got tired at Galway but he should come on from it. We'll try and win our beginners' chase and take things from there.

The Abbey
    7g Yeats - Sapphire Spray
    When In Rome Partnership
    276-222
    RPR 115c OR 109c
    We might bring him back to 2m and he'll run his race in handicaps. He's unfortunate not to have won over fences before now.

The Bosses Oscar
    5g Oscar - Cuteasafox
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    12125-
    RPR 140h OR 137h
    He's the one horse you'd take out of Cheltenham last season as he was very unlucky in the Martin Pipe. Nothing went right for him in the race and he got knocked down everywhere but still managed to finish his race off well. He goes to Thurles for a winners' race and there'll be a lot of fun to be had with him this season.

The Sliding Rock
    5m Shantou - Karello Bay
    Mrs Caren Walsh & EG Tunstall & John F Doyle & John Mulholl
    6-261261
    RPR 120h OR 116h
    She should be up to getting black type. She just didn't handle Downpatrick last month and she showed what she's made of at Ballinrobe. She's nice.

The Storyteller
    9g Shantou - Bally Bolshoi
    Mrs P Sloan
    2-P1121
    RPR 163c, 159h OR 156c, 153h
    He may have earned himself a crack at the big one at Down Royal next month after winning so well at Punchestown last week. He’s been a great horse for us, winning ten races altogether, and he has the option of going back over hurdles. It wouldn't shock me if he were to run well in a Stayers' Hurdle.

The Very Man
    6g Jeremy - Mill Meadow
    Gigginstown House Stud
    211-114
    RPR 138h OR 138h
    He did well for us over hurdles during the summer and I'd imagine he'll go chasing sooner rather than later.

Tiger Roll
    10g Authorized - Swiss Roll
    Gigginstown House Stud
    4111/52-
    RPR 174c OR 168c
    We have the option of running him in a Flat maiden at Navan this week or going to Down Royal for the Ladbrokes Champion Chase but I'd only run him there if the ground wasn't soft and I wouldn't do the two – if we run him on the Flat, I'd say we'd look for a little hurdle race for him somewhere. I'll tell you one thing, though, he's absolutely bouncing at home. The plan is to go back for the cross-country at Cheltenham and then all the talk will be about Aintree, but we'll be training him for Cheltenham first and foremost. He's in serious form at home and I couldn't be happier with him. We made no secret of the fact he had a less than ideal prep for Cheltenham and then the ground turned up soft on the day when he was second to a very good horse. It was going to be a bit of a rush to build him back up for a Grand National and, in hindsight, what happened with the race may have been a blessing in disguise as far as he was concerned. He's a different horse now compared to this time last year and we can't wait to start him back.

Timoteo
    7g Diamond Green - Goldnella
    Middleham Park Racing Ireland
    7511/8P-
    RPR 142c OR 129c
    We could aim him at all of those good two-mile handicap chases. Something like the Dan Moore at Fairyhouse could suit him.

Tullybeg
    5g Sholokhov - Verney Roe
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    4-12U1
    RPR 134h OR -
    I think stepping up in trip was the key to him at Downpatrick, where he won well. I might not run him on real heavy ground but he's in good form and we're looking forward to him.

Uncle Henry
    6g Henrythenavigator - Shebelia
    Kieron Gammell
    32F/140
    RPR 117h OR 115h
    He pulled a muscle and we missed a few days with him after Navan but he's back working well now and we'll get him out as soon as we can.

Weseekhimhere
    4g Elusive Pimpernel - Rhythm Nation
    John F Doyle & Mrs Caren Walsh
    RPR 126b OR -
    He was very impressive in winning his two bumpers. We might keep him to bumpers this season and head to Down Royal or Navan next.

Wide Receiver
    5g Sholokhov - Sagarich
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/126-2
    RPR 122h OR -
    He probably should have won at Punchestown last week but should come on from that. We like him a lot and there should be more to come.

Zanahiyr
    3g Nathaniel - Zariyna
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    RPR 129h
    He won over a mile and a half on the Flat and looks a nice type for juvenile hurdling. He had been working well before his Ballinrobe win and should improve from that.

Two for the tracker

There's a lot of fun to be had with The Bosses Oscar, who was the horse to take out of Cheltenham last year, and I wouldn't be writing off Run Wild Fred at all. Hopefully he's up to winning a nice staying handicap chase.
    Expert View

Gordon Elliott was just hours away from winning his first trainers' title back in late April of 2018 before being collared in the final few strides by Willie Mullins, but this looks his best chance yet.

He appears to have both quality and quantity in every department. Mick Jazz finished third in a Champion Hurdle, but he was something of a wild card, so Abacadabras is the first real speedy two-mile hurdler Elliott has had. He's no bigger than 6-1 for the Champion Hurdle so races like the Morgiana, Ryanair Hurdle and Irish Champion Hurdle will be on his radar. The prize-money available in those will provide new entries to his piggy bank.

New signing Presenting Percy strengthens his staying chase team. We did not see the best of Delta Work in last season's Cheltenham Gold Cup, so it would be foolish to write him off, so Samcro could stay over two and a half miles and have a crack at the Ryanair.

Fury Road being kept over hurdles could be a shrewd move. He is surely a Stayers' Hurdle contender, along with two-time Pertemps Final winner Sire Du Berlais.

No horse has ever been sprinkled with more stardust than Envoi Allen. He appears to have everything you want in a racehorse and captains a terrific team of novice chasers. Easywork, second to him in the Ballymore, is another high-class recruit to fences.

Queens Brook is better than she showed at Fairyhouse. Slower ground, a more generous gallop and a longer trip will bring out the best in her.

And do not dare give up on Wide Receiver. He was a beaten odds-on favourite at Punchestown last week but jumped superbly in the main and just made a mess of the last. He's nice.

Fantasio D'Alene strikes me as the ideal Albert Bartlett type, while Elliott has won just about every juvenile hurdle going so far. Zanahiyr, a winner at Ballinrobe on Saturday, might just be the best of that bunch.

And, you had to wait until the final line for Tiger Roll to be mentioned. That tells you all you need to know.

David Jennings

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great stuff Del. Sire Du Berlais confirmed for the Stayers, just what i was hoping for! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great stuff Del. Sire Du Berlais confirmed for the Stayers, just what i was hoping for! :)

No Geraghty to get it home and better improvers to come in the race you would hope, has course and festival form which is crucial but i just don’t fancy him at all.

madmoose wrote: »
    No Geraghty to get it home and better improvers to come in the race you would hope, has course and festival form which is crucial but i just don’t fancy him at all.

Stop being so negative. He's a good thing.

Very open race. Those handicaps at Cheltenham, winning last year under that weight is basically Grade 1 form. He's earned his shot. There's an awful lot in the betting that won't be there and some have a lot to prove, namely Paisley Park. Sire Du Berlais on the up.

Be interesting to see how he's campaigned, wouldn't surprise if he never won a race between now and Cheltenham.

Fury Road the other that took my eye at 20s.

• Advertisement

That 3 mile hurdle wouldn't take too much winning anyways. I mean the debate about it being a race is still out there. 8 hurdles over 24 furlongs is hardly that hard to win.

Long distance hurdlers are just nags that can't jump a fence.

All the greatest NH horsies jumped fences.

That 3 mile hurdle wouldn't take too much winning anyways. I mean the debate about it being a race is still out there. 8 hurdles over 24 furlongs is hardly that hard to win.

Long distance hurdlers are just nags that can't jump a fence.

All the greatest NH horsies jumped fences.

Istabraq says hi.

Istabraq says hi.

Failed flat horse.

The sheikh basically gave him to John Durkan.

Different league to Champions like Moscow Flyer or Denman,

He beat nothing anyways. It is not an argument either, he never jumped a fence.

Hurricane Fly was a champion

Get the 16s on CG for the Arkle today before he runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The stuff you love to see!!

The stuff you love to see!!

Gav knows!

That's not an encouraging read for backers of Malone Road from Gordon!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Any word on Ferny Hollow? tia

• Advertisement

Captain Guinness must have been on the Guinness last night

Advertisement