Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes to RTE Radio 1

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I liked the intro tune to Lillian Smith's Weekend Rising Time at 6 am, but they changed this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭morphy87

I notice over the past few weeks, though not every morning Mon to Fri, the 2am to 3am Replay programme which is presented by different presenters is replaced one hour earlier by "RTE Gold on Radio 1" wall to wall music.

Is this because nobody has complied a show, or are Radio 1 beginning to phase out this Replay programme?

This means that there are music shows on RTE Radio 1 from 8pm to 7am the next morning (apart from when a documentary / late debate is on from 10pm-11pm).

Michael Cahill is once again, spoiling us this evening with those lost classics😒

"It's hard to pick a Prince song" Michael says... so he plays "Raspberry Beret"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TheBMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Painfully she is on every weekday morning these times ,I miss shay byrne the odd morning I would listen wonder whats up with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I like Lillian, her voice and choice of songs is perfect for that hour of the morning. Eases you into another working day.

He has been filling in for Ronan Collins at 12 noon the past few weeks.

But I'm really not sure what's up with Shay......😀

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JJKC

Why on earth would Raidió Éireann be broadcasting a classic Hits pop show on a Saturday evening ?

"Saturday Sounds" a filler show during the Winter when there is not as much sports on.

• Advertisement

After 4 and 1/2 years Simply Folk on Sunday nights 10 pm to 11 pm, ended in early January without any fuss.

Was the programme axed by RTE or did Ruth Smith leave? I assume it was axed, as they could've just got a new presenter.

There has been new and re-runs of Irish music documentaries in the slot since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Had noticed it missing last night actually. Didn't listen very often, but any of the shows that i heard very very well put together.

all the weekday music show presenters are either off or not in their regular slots this week...shay byrne, ronan collins, john creedon, cathal murray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just got home. First impression, whoever is doing Late Date couldn't pronounce Loudon Wainwright's name correctly. Fiachna must have left him a bunch of CDs and told him to bullshit himself through the intros.

Ray Cuddihy

Radio 1 do not use CDs for playout anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Fiachna must have told him to press random buttons and bullshit his way through it so.

In fairness, the music since is ok but he hasn't mentioned the artists yet.

Edit: the clocks changed so Looooden Wainwright must have been one of his last tracks. Gold had taken over.

Post edited by thesandeman on

Fiachna Ó'Braonáin was filling in for Lillian Smith on Rising Time this morning. I don't think he has filled in on a daytime show before

That's one hell of a turn-round, hopefully he slept in the studio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭GSF

Well he said he was in for John Creddon on Friday night and set his alarm for 4.05am.

• Advertisement

Glad I found this thread!

So I turned on Radio 1 before 1pm today, Sunday to listen to "This Week".

What annoyed me though was the "signature tune" just prior to this program which sounded so laid-back and light-hearted. Not in keeping with the News and program to come. Emailed feedback AT rte about it, I know where that will end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That's just their new news and station music? It's been there for a good few months now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

Now RTÉ Radio 1 is launching a new seven-note sonic ID.

An RTÉ spokeswoman explained that the jingle is actually known as "sound imaging for continuity junctions and top of hour sequences".

A "seven note sonic ID", if ya pleeze. It sounds like a BBC local radio package, circa 2003.

They also went to all the expense of this new jingle package but left all the old programme sig-tunes in place. Like the Claire Byrne one or the Morning Ireland one, which sounds like some 14 year old kid recorded it on his Casio Keyboard.

As usual, RTE make a balls of it.

RTÉ jingle shake-up: a new seven-note sonic ID is on the way for the News at One (irishexaminer.com)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The Morning Ireland imaging was last changed on 5th September 2005. It seems that they only changed some of the really old ones this time round, such as News at One which went back to the late 70s or early 80s if I recall.

Since the RTE payments scandal, the "best bits of today on Radio 1" is no longer on from 2am to 3am. It was usually presented by Carol Moran.

noticed this evening the time swap with John Creedon and Sean Rocks monday to friday evenings

John Creedon moves to 7pm - 9pm, with Arena (Sean Rocks) on later 9pm - 10pm.

I wonder is this time change getting the listeners ready for when John retires and a younger presenter is likely to take over, with more recent music being played in a more suitable timeslot ??.

(by the way, I hope this does not happen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Nah it was John's usual slot and they just cut over to the TV commentary for irish olympic stuff..... he even played marquee moon so no changes on the music front!

Advertisement