Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,579 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

One thing which I explained many weeks ago.

Jaysus I missed that.

Have you a link to the explanation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

spookwoman wrote: »
    Why should he, the company already knows the regulations and if they can't follow them then tough sh*t.

So a randomers word on Boards is good enough proof for you that a business is breaching guidelines?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Boggles wrote: »
    Jaysus I missed that.

Have you a link to the explanation?
    My history isn't locked. Knock yourself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

s1ippy wrote: »
    That Chinese claim to have suppressed it doesn't really tally with this fairly drastic step they're taking with an untested vaccine. The risks of giving healthy people a vaccine whose side effects aren't known seem to outweigh a measure to combat a virus they allege that they've defeated.
    They haven't defeated it, they've suppressed it. It will come back again given the chance.

It's not something we'd do in the West without more testing, but if China thinks their vaccine is safe then there's no reason not to deploy it. I believe they've already offered it to foreign diplomats and others who are travelling abroad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I think I'm brilliant but I could very well be badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

So a randomers word on Boards is good enough proof for you that a business is breaching guidelines?
    Believe them over you any day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL this guy

Dcully wrote: »
    You really think ringing someone who is clearly ignoring the rules to cash grab would listen to me on the end of the phone, lol get a grip.
    I have reported with photographic and video evidence, that beats any phone call.

Why should I ring them anyways?

Once you have evidence you should be ok. I took the time to screenshot your comment and messaged it to the business concerned .

Once you have evidence you should be ok. I took the time to screenshot your comment and messaged it to the business concerned .

LOL again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

LOL this guy

tumblr_mtrjv1UqfI1qmmt27o1_400.gif

Gruffalux wrote: »
    tumblr_mtrjv1UqfI1qmmt27o1_400.gif

Mah i dont frequent this board, i was so concerned with what i experienced earlier i thought id pass on the users in here, dont see why this guy has an issue with that.
    Must be a regular troll is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like there is some form of contact tracing to find out where cases have been. Pub in Cork has been closed since 22 as case/cases among customer group on 12th. Some of their staff have since tested positive.

https://www.facebook.com/thompsonscork/posts/180714770198170

LOL again

I'm not joking, some randomer on the net tries to destroy a business you're damn right I'll make said business aware of it.
    I already received a message back and provided the link to this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

s1ippy wrote: »
    Fair play to them, holding an anti covid rally. Maybe if we'd all done this back in march covid would have realized it wasn't wanted, and gone away :rolleyes:

I'm not joking, some randomer on the net tries to destroy a business you're damn right I'll make said business aware of it.
    I already received a message back and provided the link to this page.

Trying to destroy a business?
    Ah get a grip, pathetic.
    Letting people know the place was packed with no social distancing is trying to destroy a business now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

One thing which I explained many weeks ago. However that post was about me.
    Hmm.. where was that explanation?

Trying to destroy a business?
    Ah get a grip, pathetic.
    Letting people know the place was packed with no social distancing is trying to destroy a business now is it?

Your post inspired one poster to suggest the business should be avoided.
    As I said I don't understand why you took the time to write a post for here instead of ringing the business with your concerns.
    Lastly as a Mod shouldn't you report a poster instead of accusing them of being a 'troll ' on thread?
    Does the Moderator tag allow special privileges not open to other posters?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Hmm.. where was that explanation?

My history is open as I suggested to another poster knock yourself out if it's so important.

• Advertisement

Your post inspired one poster to suggest the business should be avoided.
    As I said I don't understand why you took the time to write a post for here instead of ringing the business with your concerns.
    Lastly as a Mod shouldn't you report a poster instead of accusing them of being a 'troll ' on thread?
    Does the Moderator tag allow special privileges not open to other posters?

So your saying i should not have posted about the place packed are you?

Yeah i take your point about the troll thing,my bad.

So your saying i should not have posted about the place packed are you?

Yeah i take your point about the troll thing,my bad.

I'm saying if you were so concerned your first reaction should have been to contact the business, clearly though posting on a thread you rarely see was far more pressing.
    As for the 'troll' comment don't worry I follow the advice from the mods and responded in the manner they suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

BREAKING!

Dcully exposes Kildare business for breaking health guidelines.

NPHET recommend immediate closure with loss of 5,000 jobs

SD says he will have to run it by MM..

More to follow -

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

My history is open as I suggested to another poster knock yourself out if it's so important.
    It sounds like another lie, tbph Plum - I strongly suspect that if you had a post that explained away your wife simultaneously not working during covid and your wife working throughout, you would have it bookmarked, and would respond with it any time someone mentioned it, instead of pretending such a post existed. Especially given your many posts about how much you disapprove of dishonesty - though you seem to have dialled that bs back a little since it was shown where you had lied about your wife.

You calling anyone a liar is exceedingly rich.

Why should i contact them?

I dont enforce anything, guidlines are to not confront but to report.

248 cases today and five deaths
    104 in Dublin, 37 in Donegal, 36 in Cork, 8 in Kildare, 8 in Westmeath, 6 in Kilkenny, 6 in Laois, 6 in Offaly, 5 in Longford, 5 in Monaghan, 5 in Wexford, and the remaining 22 cases are in 11 other counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cork staying stable but high cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

102 in Hospital, 19 in ICU

37? Eesh. Guards were out today checking people up here anyway to see where they were headed etc., so fingers crossed they'll manage to rein it in a litte.

of the 248:
    • 132 men, 115 women
    • 67% are under 45
    • 36% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
    • 36 cases have been identified as community transmission

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭NH2013

104 in Dublin, 37 in Donegal, 36 in Cork, 8 in Kildare, 8 in Westmeath, 6 in Kilkenny, 6 in Laois, 6 in Offaly, 5 in Longford, 5 in Monaghan, 5 in Wexford, and the remaining 22 cases are in 11 other counties.

On the face of it the 7 day average seems to be stabilising, indicating an R0 trending towards 1, but then again the testing numbers and number of positive swabs Vs confirmed cases discrepency could really throw that out of whack with a massive number to come at some point next week.

If there is a large backlog of cases building at this stage it's really making a farce out of even the 7 day trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RIP those who died. Interesting to see most counties are not looking like joining Donegal and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Deaths and hospitals up.

Could be a big backlog of cases to be reported early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Dublin appears to be falling but 5 deaths is not good news

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lethalJB

I can't imagine all these cases unaccounted for are retests. I think the potential backlog is at its highest and can't make any sense of it. Anyone any ideas

It sounds like another lie, tbph Plum - I strongly suspect that if you had a post that explained away your wife simultaneously not working during covid and your wife working throughout, you would have it bookmarked, and would respond with it any time someone mentioned it, instead of pretending such a post existed. Especially given your many posts about how much you disapprove of dishonesty - though you seem to have dialled that bs back a little since it was shown where you had lied about your wife.

You calling anyone a liar is exceedingly rich.

I'm flattered you take so much interest in a personal comment I made about my situation but yet have nothing to say about any comment I make on Covid.
    It seems many posters here including you wish to attack the poster instead of what they say.
    Genuine question what is with the willingness to get so personal with an anonymous poster on the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

I'm saying if you were so concerned your first reaction should have been to contact the business

A general warning to the public is a better option. Unless you have more sympathy with the business.
    The business isn't owed any warning by the poster. If the business is breaking rules then there's no guarantee a phonecall from a member of the public would make any difference. Money is the bottom line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

NH2013 wrote: »
    On the face of it the 7 day average seems to be stabilising, indicating an R0 trending towards 1, but then again the testing numbers and number of positive swabs Vs confirmed cases discrepency could really throw that out of whack with a massive number to come at some point next week.

If there is a large backlog of cases building at this stage it's really making a farce out of even the 7 day trend.

What the hell is going on even now with the large and growing discrepancy between cases and swabs. Zero transparency or accountability seems to be par for the course here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Polar101

Very few cases in Waterford and Limerick now, could be a good sign.

37? Eesh. Guards were out today checking people up here anyway to see where they were headed etc., so fingers crossed they'll manage to rein it in a litte.

The Guards can check where you are headed but they have no power to turn you around only advice. That power lapsed nearly two months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

lethalJB wrote: »
    I can't imagine all these cases unaccounted for are retests. I think the potential backlog is at its highest and can't make any sense of it. Anyone any ideas

There is something weird going on. No way there are 154 positive retests in the one day!

Genuine question what is with the willingness to get so personal with an anonymous poster on the net?
    It just gets my hackles up that you so brazenly question others' honesty when you are willing to lie yourself and not even hold up your hands and admit that you lied about your personal circumstances to try make a point. And here again you are lying and claiming you explained the other lie, trusting that people won't be arsed (quite justifiably) to go back and look for a post that doesn't exist.

The Guards can check where you are headed but they have no power to turn you around only advice. That power lapsed nearly two months ago.
    I know, aye, but better than nothing.. A little...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I'm saying if you were so concerned your first reaction should have been to contact the business, clearly though posting on a thread you rarely see was far more pressing.
    As for the 'troll' comment don't worry I follow the advice from the mods and responded in the manner they suggest.

Have you never seen an online review?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What the hell is going on even now with the large and growing discrepancy between cases and swabs. Zero transparency or accountability seems to be par for the course here.
    Stop channelling your inner George Lee! Key numbers now are 7 day, 14 day, cases per 100K, hospital numbers and R0. Hopefully deaths don't make their way back onto that list in a big way. There is a comment from DeGascun today where he said demand has exceeded capacity and has been an issue since the schools reopened. They are looking at how to increase that capacity.

A general warning to the public is a better option. Unless you have more sympathy with the business.
    The business isn't owed any warning by the poster. If the business is breaking rules then there's no guarantee a phonecall from a member of the public would make any difference. Money is the bottom line.

Here's my thoughts , we all have a different perspective on danger. The poster in question may have felt the environment was unsafe but that does not mean it was instead of passing on his concerns ,posting here was the priority. I offered an example of another poster complaining of people not wearing masks in restaurants or bars (,post is still up on the masks thread)
    Yes a business trying to survive, money is the bottom line. Thoughts and prayers whilst a nice sentiment don't cut it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Benimar wrote: »
    There is something weird going on. No way there are 154 positive retests in the one day!

Anyone know what the backlog is at now? ~400?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Northern Ireland going through the horrors 319 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

They've explained briefly that's it's due to the notification process. Each swab would have to be assigned to a 'patient' and any duplicates removed.

You could expect that on the weekend as they may not have full shifts processing them, but the fact it wasn't always the case and the positive swabs vs new cases were pretty close together.

Now it's just all over the place, well it appears that way to us at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Benimar wrote: »

God knows what it is. Someone mentioned it being a delay in sign off across the GP service but what's brought this recent increase in backlog is beyond me.

The tinfoil hat wearer in me says that they're building for a nice announcement early in the week off the back of a nice juicy number. Maybe Dublin to level 4 or the wider country level 3.

Surely there is a way of shedding light on the middle men between swabs and reported cases?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement