01-03-2021, 22:06   #76
KungPao

The grey tracksuit and black North Face jacket brigade are an embarrassment to themselves and their families.

I cringe for you/yous/ye/ya'll/yizzers. Dress properly and get a job!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-03-2021, 22:44   #77
Cee-Jay-Cee

It’s the uniform of the scumbag, grey bottoms, a hoodie of some sort and trainers. How else would the scumbags recognise each other without it.
02-03-2021, 08:11   #78
Hammer89

I don't wear them and haven't since I realised that some women look for the outline of your dick when you have them on. Some lads go commando and will suddenly start doing jumping jacks at the bus stop if there's women around, just to draw attention that area. And I'm like 'well done, you have a penis and you should also have a warrant out for your arrest because what you're doing is illegal I think'.
Thanks from:
02-03-2021, 08:29   #79
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

You often see groups of about 6 young fellas wearing blue jackets and grey bottoms. Like they all dress the same. And none of them try wear warm clothes. Its mental. In the coldest weeks, I'm enjoying wearing a headscarf, insulated jacket etc and these little nit-bags are always walking around freezing.

Ireland is one of the worst countries in Europe/the world for people wearing tracksuits as their go-to day to day wear. Its particularly funny seeing grown men over 40 wearing tracksuits. You know, the non-gym types. Tracksuits for life. I can't take them seriously.

I used to know a lad that one Christmas proudly showed me his "luvly" Christmas clothes before Christmas which consisted of a khaki green Adidas tracksuit. Nice tracksuit, but Christmas clothes? Lol. If you think gym attire is "luuvly" Christmas clothes, you don't have a clue.

The funny thing in all this is scumbags think tracksuits are good high-end fashion but it actually makes them stand out and be judged as you can tell whem they arent gym heads. Their choice in attire is so limiting too. I mean you cant walk into most pubs or blend into any self-respecting establishments.

If I were a criminal, I'd dress very casually in "uniform" that wouldn't look out of place if I had to nip into a pub/hotel etc to hide in the crowd or keep a low profile and blend in. Nope. These guys wear tracksuits.They stand out like a sore thumb. Lets hope they keep it that way. It's good to spot them to avoid them.

I wear grey trackies in the house but always put on jeans and boots going out. Cause I'm a man. Not a man-child. ��
Thanks from:
02-03-2021, 08:45   #80
SineadSpears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineadSpears View Post
I love them on men.

They leave nothing to the imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGaggs View Post
You can see the skid marks?

I don't know what kind of people yizzer all hanging around, but I don't see anyone with skidmarks on their jocks ..
Advertisement
02-03-2021, 08:46   #81
SineadSpears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
I don't wear them and haven't since I realised that some women look for the outline of your dick when you have them on. Some lads go commando and will suddenly start doing jumping jacks at the bus stop if there's women around, just to draw attention that area. And I'm like 'well done, you have a penis and you should also have a warrant out for your arrest because what you're doing is illegal I think'.
Which bus stop is this??

Could do with a bit of sightseeing later on
02-03-2021, 09:19   #82
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
While engaging in a spot of “shadow puppets” publicly is, certainly, distasteful I don’t believe that it is illegal.

Now, I, personally, have witnessed these characters engage in, what is commonly known as, “frottaging”. Rubbing your, clothed, genitals up against another person or thing, on public transport, at busy bars and even saw one grey trackies wearer at a garage petrol pump “enjoying” the vibrations. It left nothing to the imagination, he was sporting a clear, and graphic, erection and he didn’t seem to care who could see. It may well have been a diesel pump.

These creeps are out there so be vigilant, especially when someone passes close to your person space. One of the, very few, positives from this horrible pandemic is that all of these, low level, sex pests have had their indecent “activities” curtailed but when things get back to normal that will change.
Thanks from:
02-03-2021, 12:09   #83
Grahamer72

They are all 'Gopnik' wannabes.
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2021, 12:40   #84
Sgt Hartman

I love wearing them at home as they're so comfy (and they make my butt look good ) I might head to my local Dunnes or Off Licence with them with a hoody and runners but I wouldn't normally wear them for regular outdoor wear.

My big issue are the teens that wear the God-awful skinny ones that look about 5 sizes too small for them. The trousers are way too tight and the legs are way too short, exposing their bony ankles, it's a hideous look. Back in my school days you would be bullied for wearing something like that, the kids would think you were poor or something. I say bring back the baggy trousers from my 90's teen years
Advertisement
02-03-2021, 16:16   #85
SineadSpears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hartman View Post
I love wearing them at home as they're so comfy (and they make my butt look good ) I might head to my local Dunnes or Off Licence with them with a hoody and runners but I wouldn't normally wear them for regular outdoor wear.
If you've got it, flaunt it !

Quote:
I say bring back the baggy trousers from my 90's teen years
Are they the ones with the zips up the sides??
With zips slightly opened so the bottoms are dragging along the ground getting torn & muddy.

Usually paired with New Balance trainers!?
(2) thanks from:
03-03-2021, 05:40   #86
tcawley29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPao View Post
The grey tracksuit and black North Face jacket brigade are an embarrassment to themselves and their families.

I cringe for you/yous/ye/ya'll/yizzers. Dress properly and get a job!
I dress like that, I'm 27, not living with mammy or daddy, earning 6 figures (legally) and doing well for myself.

Please tell me where I've gone wrong
Thanks from:
03-03-2021, 05:46   #87
grassylawn

I'm wearng them right now. They are fleecy and warmer than most pyjama bottoms. Also good for gardening. That thought makes me sad because I overtightened the screw on my pole saw and now I can't open it to fix the chain that has come loose. Such minor damage to render the tool unusable.

Now it is Spring so we need to hold off the sort of pruning I had planned until the Autumn. Otherwise we could disturb nesting birds. Alas, the roses and some other shrubs have grown to block our view across the hills in one spot.
03-03-2021, 06:03   #88
zerosugarbuzz

I knew I shouldn’t have read this thread. An insight into prejudice and snobbery if ever there was one.
Thanks from:
03-03-2021, 06:39   #89
ParkRunner

I remember walking along Nassau St and overheard a small group of tourists saying they would go ask that group of athletes nearby for directions to the Book of Kells. Those lads were not a bunch of athletes. Tracksuits can be misleading.
Thanks from:
03-03-2021, 07:57   #90
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I've a memory of walking O'Connell street at the corner of Parnell street in Dublin. (For all "Ye" culchies and your "which O'Connell street!")

Walking away anyway, and I over heard a "Jacinta type" in a tracksuit pushing a buggy with an over grown child in it talking to who I assume was her partner in a tracksuit also.

As the two of them spoke out loud for the surrounding people to hear the conversation, she said to him "Dnt 4get ur in court on (whatever day it was). You'll av 2 wer sumting nice, I'll wash ur grey adidas tracksuit 4 u 2 wear 2 it, u luk nice in dat 1".

It's gotta to the stage now where I'm not shocked by that carry on anymore, and I do fully agree with previous posters here, they are worn by a certain group of people, people I have no interest in dealing with and it seems to be very uncommon outside of ireland / UK. Anywhere else I've ever been in the world around Europe, Asia and North America, I haven't seen any of it I don't think. But the U.K and Ireland ? Plenty around and by the same group of undesirables.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion