Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey tracksuit bottoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Ultrflat wrote: »
    what if your a grower not a shower :eek:

:D

Just tell yourself 'it's her loss'. You'll be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

:D

Just tell yourself 'it's her loss'. You'll be fine..

Of course I'll be fine, with my tub of extra salt Ben and Jerry's :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The world over.

It's silly tho.
    No one cares if you are in the gutter. On the other side of the spectrum if people thought you were well off you'd be more likely to get broken in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Dude in the denim’s untouchable

pa-58323574.jpg

Like, superhero untouchable. He’s got an aura around him no Garda batone can penetrate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

macplaxton wrote: »
    They are for catching jobbies, hence they are call ed jobbiecatchers where I come from.

Is this jobbie in the Scottish sense of the word? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A beer belly in a black jacket over a celtic jersey in the background, another stereotype ticked off the list, lol.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bobblehats wrote: »

pa-58323574.jpg

Like, superhero untouchable. He’s got an aura around him no Garda batone can penetrate

Yes, a corona of invulnerability, if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Is this jobbie in the Scottish sense of the word? :eek:

Faeces I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have to admit. Girlfriend got me a pair recently and they are just very comfy and easy to slip on quickly. Bit scummy depending on what shoes you’re wearing but feck it - comfort first.

Just keep an eye on that, grey tracksuit now, it could be Canada goose next, before long she'll be calling you Clayton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Zebra3 wrote: »
    How do you know this?

Have a look at the photos in the paper...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

pa-58323574.jpg

I can only imagine the characteristic high pitched skanger whine from the grey clad individual when threatened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have to admit. Girlfriend got me a pair recently and they are just very comfy and easy to slip on quickly. Bit scummy depending on what shoes you’re wearing but feck it - comfort first.

George Webb’s and white socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can only imagine the characteristic high pitched skanger whine from the grey clad individual when threatened.

Will certainly say “yous”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

PARlance wrote: »
    Just keep an eye on that, grey tracksuit now, it could be Canada goose next, before long she'll be calling you Clayton.

Yep obviously some mad fantasy his girlfriend wants to act out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will certainly say “yous”

As do most Dubs in general. It's no worse than the culchies saying "ye".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

In their defense, and as a contrarian who often takes the wrong view of things it seems, my husband turned up wearing a pair which one of the sons had left behind, intending (the husband, that is) that they would be just the thing for morning -attire-about-the-house, and his arse looked strikingly sexy in them, I have to say.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    In their defense, and as a contrarian who often takes the wrong view of things it seems, my husband turned up wearing a pair which one of the sons had left behind, intending (the husband, that is) that they would be just the thing for morning -attire-about-the-house, and his arse looked strikingly sexy in them, I have to say.

Now there's an advertisement -

"Grey tracksuit bottoms - they'll reignite your marriage."

**ᴺᵒᵗ ˢᵘᵍᵍᵉˢᵗᶦⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵃʳʳᶦᵃᵍᵉ ʷᵃˢ ᶦⁿ ᵃⁿʸ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵖᵒᵏᵉ

"Ye" is much more civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭amacca

whats the more correct less culchie sounding word to use for a group ........ I want to be somewhat more sophisticated in how I address groups of people in future

please do not tell me I have to restructure sentences though...thats too much effort, I just want something that will slot in for ye and not be yous that will do the job and differentiate me from my redneck culchie brethren as a discerning man of class and style so people wont imagine its possible they would get a faint whiff of cow****e if they stood too close to me after this pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Now there's an advertisement -

"Grey tracksuit bottoms - they'll reignite your marriage."

**Not suggesting your marriage was in any need of a poke

It isn't, thank goodness, we get along very well, but a change of view is never unwelcome, for anyone I think, and stretched grey polyester over buttocks did the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

True but saying “yizzers” has to stop.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Ye is proper English ill have you know. :)

Ye (/jiː/) is a second-person, plural, personal pronoun (nominative), spelled in Old English as "ge". In Middle English and early Early Modern English, it was used as a both informal second-person plural and formal honorific, to address a group of equals or superiors or a single superior.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

pa-58323574.jpg

Guy in the denim to the right of 50 shades of grey looks like a shyt Jack Black.

Ye is an actual word in English...ye. (dialect) a word meaning “you,” used when talking to more than one person Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.

Yous is skanger talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Not that I'd call myself or anyone else a "culchie" but ye is a correct but somewhat archaic second person pronoun, singular or plural. It's to be found in the Bible, the works of Shakespeare, Christmas carols etc. It's also used in Scotland and parts of the North or England along with thee and thou.

Btw, I have no problem with yous either, in fact often used it when I was a child. Modern English seriously lacks a distinct second person plural pronoun, 'you' often requires further precision, hence "you all".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Vita nova wrote: »
    Not that I'd call myself or anyone else a "culchie" but ye is a correct but somewhat archaic second person pronoun, singular or plural. It's to be found in the Bible, the works of Shakespeare, Christmas carols etc. It's also used in Scotland and parts of the North or England along with thee and thou.

Btw, I have no problem with yous either, in fact often used it when I was a child. Modern English seriously lacks a distinct second person plural pronoun, 'you' often requires further precision, hence "you all".

So you prefer y'all to ye?

Ye is perfect

Yizzer and youse can stay in dublin thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Why is it only really Ireland and UK where people wear tracksuits?
    If everyone could just do us all a favour and not wear them outside please. For me it's the equivalent of women going around in their pyjamas. I mean make just a few seconds effort and put some grown up clothes on, Jesus.

It started in England with the whole chav ****e. Our own layabouts then followed suit as they weren't bright enough to come up with their own ****ing ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

So you prefer y'all to ye?

Ye is perfect

Yizzer and youse can stay in dublin thanks

No, ye should never have been dropped from standard English because nothing took its place, you as a singular and plural pronoun just doesn't cut the mustard, hence all the variants in everyday English.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

George Webb’s and white socks?

Nah - usually Skechers slip ons. I’m just all about the comfort. Don’t care what weirdos think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nothing wrong with them wouldn't normally wear those type of sweatpants but they are a source of comfort and they handy for exercising or being at home around the house and something quick to put on if going to the shops. They can be cheap or expensive depending where they are bought.

Advertisement