Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

robwen wrote: »
    Can u set a filter for Sold & dispatched by Amazon?

(this probably only works on computer or tablet - not phones)

When you do a search - you need to select a Department (left hand side of screen).
    Once you select a department - you will see a section further down on the left side where you can choose the seller and you can choose Amazon.co.uk .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Aurelian

Ordered a couple of items on Sunday and they haven't dispatched yet. Ordered an item fulfilled by a US seller at the same time and it was on its way the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well after waiting weeks for an LP it finally shows up, they sent the wrong album. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Amazon UK stuff taking aaaaages to dispatch....

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Amazon UK stuff taking aaaaages to dispatch....

There must be real chaos everywhere in the UK now.
    I ordered an item from SportsDirect & they kept telling me for like 5 days I haven't ordered anything, it's not on their system.
    Then I cancelled and ordered the same item from Under Armour.
    There was a delay on the supplier's side, then a sorting error at UPS and now 9 days later it's back to where it originated from, waiting for re-shipping.
    The free trade deal didn't make Brexit very "soft" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

UPS has been a disaster since the middle of November regarding delivery from the UK, I have had 3 different items go missing, one that managed to go missing twice after being resent from the seller and all after they left Stanford Le Hope, which is such an ironic name.

No issues with UPS though here as orders over Christmas from the Celtic Whiskey Shop arrived within days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I got an email from DHL about my delivery, and asking for €3.99. Click below to confirm. Now I am not expecting a delivery. It was a scam.

Beware of scams - because I am not expecting a delivery, I did not click through but I could be. If you get such an email, check the delivery number on the DHL website, not the email.

You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

I’ve noticed that “import fee deposit” on Amazon no longer showing up. I’ve exact same items in my basket as at 1st / 2nd Jan and it was there but now it’s not.

Any reason why it might have changed? Also I didn’t change addresses, using my Irish address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Does anyone know the story with replacement products and customs. Ordered a product off amazon on Black Friday for Christmas present, something dodgy with it so got in contact with seller and they are sending a replacement which will be futile by amazon.. will there be custom duties due on that? They didn’t mention them but just worried that they don’t realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Joziburg wrote: »
    I’ve noticed that “import fee deposit” on Amazon no longer showing up. I’ve exact same items in my basket as at 1st / 2nd Jan and it was there but now it’s not.

Any reason why it might have changed? Also I didn’t change addresses, using my Irish address

Just checked it therre and it doesn't show up until the final stage of purchasing when you're confirming your purchase after selecting the address and payment method.

• Advertisement

pcadhain wrote: »
    Just checked it therre and it doesn't show up until the final stage of purchasing when you're confirming your purchase after selecting the address and payment method.

Yeah agreed it used to for me but doesn’t now. The goods (books) are ca. £45 but odd that it showed up in the new year and now gone

I’ll prob get stung with some fee now and an an post flat ridiculous €10.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yeah agreed it used to for me but doesn’t now. The goods (books) are ca. £45 but odd that it showed up in the new year and now gone

Strange- still showing for me.

Is the item you are buying fulfilled by Amazon? For third party sellers its never shown 'import duties' for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's books. Zero VAT. No need for a VAT entry in the cost breakdown. Perhaps???? But I'm not convinced of that.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It's books. Zero VAT. No need for a VAT entry in the cost breakdown. Perhaps???? But I'm not convinced of that.

Maybe so but the import fee deposit was there earlier this month as I saved screenshot. In any case maybe it was teething issues at start of Jan on Amazon’s part. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

For the first few days Amazon had books at the wrong VAT rate which is why you would have seen it. That has been remedied now and as Jim Hodge said no vat on books.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/value-added-tax/part03-taxable-transactions-goods-ica-services/Goods/goods-printed-matter.pdf
    Printed matter liable at the zero rate
    The zero-rate of VAT applies to printed books and booklets including atlases. It also
    covers children’s picture, drawing and colouring books, and books of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Maybe so but the import fee deposit was there earlier this month as I saved screenshot. In any case maybe it was teething issues at start of Jan on Amazon’s part. Thanks

There's certainly something going on. I put through a repeat of an order for car care products that I got last week. The original took off UK Vat and added Irish Vat. Today's just shows it with UK VAT. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I've had one go missing, website still has it On the way, but it's running late but have received my refund. Applied Friday morning and its hit revolut Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Harpy wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with replacement products and customs. Ordered a product off amazon on Black Friday for Christmas present, something dodgy with it so got in contact with seller and they are sending a replacement which will be futile by amazon.. will there be custom duties due on that? They didn’t mention them but just worried that they don’t realise.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

schmoo2k wrote: »
    :)

Love a bit of autocorrect.. Should be Fulfilled by amazon, can't get an answer on the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hi,

Ordered a firestick from Amazon through ADDRESSPAL, all the stuff on the threads in boards said there shouldn't be any import tax on items under €150.

Got an email from anpost saying the item was valued at €44?!? and I've to pay €15 import tax.

Paid it but two questions:

1. What happened to no import charges on items under €150.

2. Why have anpost valued it at €44? It cost £25 so less than €30!

Edit: shït, thought I was posting in consumer issues not BA! Sorry, mods please move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ordered a firestick from Amazon through ADDRESSPAL, all the stuff on the threads in boards said there shouldn't be any import tax on items under €150.

Got an email from anpost saying the item was valued at €44?!? and I've to pay €15 import tax.

are you sure the email was from an post ? not just a phishing scam ?

contact them by phone (not any number on the email, google the correct number )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hi,

Edit: shït, thought I was posting in consumer issues not BA! Sorry, mods please move!

Not a bargain, maybe better off in consumer issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are no tariffs under €150 but you do have to pay vat of 23% (temporarily 21%) plus a handling fee usually €10.

Customs go off an estimated value (if one isn't declared) based on what they can find online, including the cost of shipping and currency conversion. You can argue the value with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi,

You need to pay VAT plus handling fee to AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Vat @21% and the shipping cost of 6 quid is included too even though Amazon discount it would push the value to 44

As per Garit's post above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi,

No vat charged on imports under €22 until end of june 2021. Anything over that is fair game for VAT. And everything over that is subject to AnPost €3.50 handling charge

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Hi,

When you buy something through addresspal, it recharges you for vat + an post add their handling fee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Revenue page with info on buying from countries outside the EU - linky.
    Has that note about the July'21 change that the 22euro threshold will end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Car99 wrote: »
    No vat charged on imports under €22 until end of june 2021. Anything over that is fair game for VAT. And everything over that is subject to AnPost €3.50 handling charge

Handling fee has only ever been €10 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Everyone is wrong.

That shows how difficult it is for any store.

Op ordered via addresspal

So the LANDED cost which the vat is based on is the product cost + Amazon delivery cost (if it applies) + the address pal fees (delivery and processing) and then the exchange rate (€1.13 at the moment)

Item cost + Amazon delivery, x €1.13 exchange rate + €6.50 addresspal delivery fee + €3.50 addresspal processing fee.

Total seems to be €44 and that's what the vat will be based on.

Same as if you ordered from the US and used the US addresspal service.

Advertisement