Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some heavy rain over the past 2 hours, clearing up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not sure if I'll be available to do M.T.'s forecast in the morning so giving advance notice here in case anybody would like to fill in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll be available to do M.T.'s forecast in the morning so giving advance notice here in case anybody would like to fill in for me.

If no one is available to do the forecast, I highly recommend this Facebook page for those wanting to check the forecast... it's where MT posts his forecast when he is around I believe so I'm sure his team will be able to take care of the forecast there.

https://www.facebook.com/IrishWeatherOnline/posts/?ref=page_internal

Artane2002 wrote: »
    If no one is available to do the forecast, I highly recommend this Facebook page for those wanting to check their forecast... it's where MT posts his forecast when he is around I believe so I'm sure his team will be able to take care of the forecast there.

Yes, Irish Weather Online consists of M.T., Iancar29, Gaoth Laidir and Oneiric 3 from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes, Irish Weather Online consists of M.T., Iancar29, Gaoth Laidir and Oneiric 3 from here.

Maybe Villian could do it after his stint on Rte today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭acequion

A truly awful afternoon, evening and now night in Tralee. Howling gusts of wind and rain battering against the windows. A night for November.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

acequion wrote: »
    A truly awful afternoon, evening and now night in Tralee. Howling gusts of wind and rain battering against the windows. A night for November.:(

But the light lasts longer... ;) and we know that May is soon to come, rather than December ..... wish someone would turn the volume down though.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Storm gone so we’re back to the bog standard cold breezy showery weather. Like January with leaves on the trees and after last nights events even that’s uncertain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MJohnston wrote: »
    That's because people create event threads and then don't link to them from the seasonal thread :pac::pac::pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057975260&page=13

Should have clarified, it's the chart threads (up to t120 and FI) that go very quite when we have an event.

• Advertisement

The weather hasn't been the best over the last few days but I'm kind of happy we have better air quality now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cloudy start to the day in Castlebar,dry apart from some drizzle earlier. Calm. Quite Sunday

Total overcast but a beautiful , calm , warm day so far, great for getting the gardening done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny in Cork City, warm about about 17-18 degrees too! Bit of cloud around

Totally cloudy on the south east coast temperature 12 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cool, cloudy some small rain. A sweet breeze. Lovely quiet day...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold, damp, drizzly day here in Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    cold, damp, drizzly day here in Meath.

Wife just switched the heating on :(

Wife just switched the heating on :(

we've had the fire lit since 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mild enough evening in Dublin really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Very sticky night outside sweat pumping out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A mild night out there with a blanket of cloud

10pm

Finner 12 degrees
    Shannon 12 degrees
    Newport 12 degrees
    Valentia 12 degrees
    Mullingar 12 degrees
    Belmullet 12 degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Any advice for the weekend lads? Azores high sitting on us but wind is northerly direction so keeping temperatures down? Heading to Galway so need to pack accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

emo72 wrote: »
    Any advice for the weekend lads? Azores high sitting on us but wind is northerly direction so keeping temperatures down? Heading to Galway so need to pack accordingly.

Looks so currently, however it's only Monday so a few days and it could look somewhat different. Loads of time to pack!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Looks so currently, however it's only Monday so a few days and it could look somewhat different. Loads of time to pack!

It would be nice to have a bit of a nice weekend especially a bank holiday.

Someone in work mentioned heatwave today. Hard to bite the tounge at times

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

emo72 wrote: »
    It would be nice to have a bit of a nice weekend especially a bank holiday.
    I'm getting married on Sunday so i hope it is nice:eek::cool:

Ok, so gerrybhoy getting married and emo72 hill walking in Galway. I hope you lads are studying the charts and pouring over the data as we speak!

Even with temperatures in the low teens, it'll be dry and mostly sunny, so should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭highdef

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Even with temperatures in the low teens, it'll be dry and mostly sunny, so should be fine.
    UV index will probably be quite high as well so don't forget the SPF, regardless of what the thermometer says.

Dank old day today. This spring has really been very iffy couple of glorious spells at the end of March and at Easter but other than that. Overcast dull and breezy in the midlands patches of light rain and drizzle and temperatures of 12 degrees.

• Advertisement

Dank old day today. This spring has really been very iffy couple of glorious spells at the end of March and at Easter but other than that. Overcast dull and breezy in the midlands patches of light rain and drizzle and temperatures of 12 degrees.

apart from the 5 warm, sunny days over Easter, this Spring has felt quite chilly. Fire lit again this evening, another damp cold day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Bloody hell, I heard that one as well, thought at the time it sounded similar to the last one but just put it down to a loud plane again!

Not a good last run of April. Wet overcast morning drenched wet. Good riddance to April at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not pretty out there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Quite the streamer from Waterford/Kilkenny northwards so far today.

10.6mm as of now for the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fortunately a great day in Tralee, sunshine with scattered cloud and nice patches of blue sky. 14C approx. Light breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely day in east galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭highdef

East midlands are having a miserable day. Almost constant light, sometimes moderate rain since last night.

• Advertisement

Beautiful sunny day in Galway all day, I'm very surprised. A little cool perhaps, with a cooling breeze making the already low temperatures feel cooler, but the strong sun makes up for this a bit.

Beautiful sunny day in Galway all day, I'm very surprised. A little cool perhaps, with a cooling breeze making the already low temperatures feel cooler, but the strong sun makes up for this a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible day in my area of meath, rain all day, and feeling very cool

Beautiful day out here on Limerick, Sunshine and not a breath of wind. Birds singing louder than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

nice in Cork City. Was sunny this morning and is now after clouding over a bit. Warm too and dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Dreary cold day in Arklow
    Raining on and off all day
    Misty and raining at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

‘‘Twas a horrible day in Meath but it’s actually clearing up now, nice evening

Hopefully reverse psychology works for the third May in a row as I predicted poor Mays in 2017 and 2018 :P

I feel like it will be a poor one but I went with a decent one in the contest because whatever is the opposite of my prediction often transpires :p

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I feel like it will be a poor one but I went with a decent one in the contest because whatever is the opposite of my prediction often transpires :p

Might want to reconsider your minimum temperature if the charts for the weekend verify :)

Might want to reconsider your minimum temperature if the charts for the weekend verify :)

I've finally managed to stop looking at the charts so I've been totally clueless about FI recently. I think this is my first time to quit looking at the charts since December 2017! I've revised the minimum down a bit.

On another note, it wasn't too bad a day in Dublin, missed out on most of the rain but it was cloudy and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

I have to say the weather for the past few weeks bar an odd day of rain and wind here and there has been much better than average in the west in my opinion. Another lovely day again today. Really hoping for a decent summer as always so we can all stock up on some much needed Vitamin D 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ™‚

• Advertisement
Advertisement