Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Darndale Dirtbag Dirtbikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A mate working in a motorbike shop was getting heaps of phone calls for scramblers for kids/teens/whatever on the lead up to Xmas. And yes from that 'minority'. Once they're sold and leave the shop they don't care what happens afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

A mate working in a motorbike shop was getting heaps of phone calls for scramblers for kids/teens/whatever on the lead up to Xmas. And yes from that 'minority'. Once they're sold and leave the shop they don't care what happens afterwards.

Yeah, it's not Travellers. But there'll be another thread in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

I think I'd prefer them to most of the people posting in this topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Carlingford Locked

This operation wasn't anywhere near Darndale. My colleague at work lives beside Darndale and says they're going 24/7 up there. And that's where they put that poor man into a vegetative state, and of course no one got done for it.
    I can't stand these people from these areas. Lazy thick and f**king ignorant and they get paid for it. I cycled through Summerhill yesterday going home and it was just absolutely ruined with rubbish. All of their rubbish out hastily f**ked beside public bins. Of course they wont pay to have their rubbish taken away, and these are the same morons who would put hunger striker posters up and hate de brits etc because they're so proud to be Irish. Not very proud of their surroundings though are they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

yes of course we should, I'm from a working class family, my father is in the buildings my mother in hospitality, I wanted to learn how to ride horses when I was 11 or 12, so my father got me a job cleaning out stables with a local horse breeder, my payment was riding lessons, no money only hard work exchanged to learn an important life lesson, the more we give these scum for nothing the more they expect for nothing, Dublin is booming, let them learn the value of hard work and stop treating them with kid gloves, it's like we reward these people for acts of criminality

Daddy’s a developer and mammys a party organizer, and I believe horse riding is an important life lesson?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

This operation wasn't anywhere near Darndale. My colleague at work lives beside Darndale and says they're going 24/7 up there. And that's where they put that poor man into a vegetative state, and of course no one got done for it.
    I can't stand these people from these areas. Lazy thick and f**king ignorant and they get paid for it. I cycled through Summerhill yesterday going home and it was just absolutely ruined with rubbish. All of their rubbish out hastily f**ked beside public bins. Of course they wont pay to have their rubbish taken away, and these are the same morons who would put hunger striker posters up and hate de brits etc because they're so proud to be Irish. Not very proud of their surroundings though are they.

The hunger strikes were 38 years ago ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

zapitastas wrote: »
    The hunger strikes were 38 years ago ...

Ask them to name the six counties - tis fun

Anyway .......would you see any difference in state of the place if Theresa May &co handed over the six counties over say the next year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

gctest50 wrote: »
    Ask them to name the six counties - tis fun

Anyway .......would you see any difference in state of the place if Theresa May &co handed over the six counties over say the next year ?

Am not sure what the question is. Are you asking me if the unification of Ireland would result in the residents of Summer Hill being responsible for their refuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

begbysback wrote: »
    Daddy’s a developer and mammys a party organizer, and I believe horse riding is an important life lesson?

The life lesson seemed to be to work to get what you want.

The life lesson seemed to be to work to get what you want.

I got that, but doesn’t seem very “working class” to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have been reading a lot of media nonsense over the last few days about "more regulations" being needed. Skanger Molloy and his mates are not going to stop whizzing around housing estates because of "regulations". It only effects good, normal people that enjoy legally using their dirtbike.

Just knock them off their bikes and put them in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Do you think there's any chance of seeing something like this over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

El_Bee wrote: »
    Do you think there's any chance of seeing something like this over here?

Naw, they're too busy catching speeders on the N4 and the M50.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Drive 5kmh over the speed limit and forget your licence, when on a learners permit, you're banned.

Drive the wrong way down the road over paths with no safety equipment, and you're fine.

About 3 weeks ago, the above happened in front of me. Weaving around oncoming traffic. One of them a Garda car. They just kept driving. Catching these scrotes on the bikes is too much hassle for the Gardai so they don't bother. And the scrotes know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Read it again and stop talking out yer arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah, it's not Travellers. But there'll be another thread in a minute.

Whatever. Traveller or settled scum.
    Two cheeks of the same arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I got that, but doesn’t seem very “working class” to me

Does it not?

Well I grew up working class and did similar, half the friends I had as a kid are dead or in prison. Just because it doesn't conform to your idea doesn't mean it's not working class

Read it again and stop talking out yer arse.

Apt username - sounds like something a kid on a scrambler would shout when passing

Does it not?

Well I grew up working class and did similar, half the friends I had as a kid are dead or in prison. Just because it doesn't conform to your idea doesn't mean it's not working class

That’s why I asked for clarity, they could be a brickie and a room cleaner living in Tallaght, the post is ambiguous- I wouldn’t agree either that if you have friends who ended up in prison or dead, then you are working class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I have been reading a lot of media nonsense over the last few days about "more regulations" being needed. Skanger Molloy and his mates are not going to stop whizzing around housing estates because of "regulations". It only effects good, normal people that enjoy legally using their dirtbike.

Just knock them off their bikes and put them in prison.

Seems to be an illness that effects the majority of legislators here, Shane Ross is a particularly acute case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Naw, they're too busy catching speeders on the N4 and the M50.

When have you ever seen a speed check on the M50? I drive it daily and have never seen one, but sure, those damn guards, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

fullstop wrote: »
    When have you ever seen a speed check on the M50? I drive it daily and have never seen one, but sure, those damn guards, eh?

Every Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Apt username - sounds like something a kid on a scrambler would shout when passing
    Wtf are you talking about "apt user name" ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The actual meaning of "working class" has changed.

It used to be people who worked, or at least wanted to work, as many lost their jobs through the recession of the 80's.

We were working class, had Irish dancing lessons / drama lessons (the ostentatious paid it off by the week) and often no food or bread and sugar on a Wednesday till payday Thursday. People often had to go to the begging clinic or Vinnie the Pooh, when things got really bad or the lights got turned off. People wanted to work and the lesson to me was to do well at school so you don't have to have an unskilled job. The Other message was to pay off your house so "they" cant throw you out.

Now the "working class" don't work at all. They do t want to do anything but want everything for nothing. They want the working class who are probably now the middle class to pay it off fir them.

I saw about 15 of those scramblers driving dangerously through Clondalkin up from Neilstien today. Apparently the people there are really plagued with them. They turned a corner and nearly drove into an oldish woman. They were not Travellers but what would be described as "skangers".

Wtf are you talking about "apt user name" ???

The monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

that's funny, my father was a plasterer with different builders throughout his lifetime, my mother worked in a guesthouse in the summer, still does occasionally when the busy time comes around, I myself work in the buildings now and enjoy to this day the skills I learnt in exchange for cleaning out stables, washing and feeding horses, horse riding isn't a very important life lesson but learning that working towards something can get you what you want in this life within reason is what I'm getting at, apologies if this doesn't tally with what you expected of me, their seems to be no clown emoji available on boards for me to fully convey what I really think of you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I wonder when Sinn Fein will call for a petrol and 2 stroke oil allowance to be added to the Xmas double dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Every Christmas day.

Didn't see any driving back from Wicklow to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Didn't see any driving back from Wicklow to Dublin.

Didn't see any between Tallaght and Liffey Valley either.

Yous are all missing what happened. Christmas Eve an unmarked Garda car seized a scrambler. While they were doing that, a gang of lads on bikes surrounded them trying to intimidate them. One of the bucko's smashed in a couple of windows of the Garda car.

Well they got a nice surprise the next day, didn't they. 5 arrested and 11 bikes took. Payback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

There is a very easy way to put a stop to this,A racing licence and proof of racing compitions entered or proof of ownership of farm ect. Or permit issued like a gun licence proof of permission of land needed before bike shops can sell them.
    Don't know how to control private sales though?

Advertisement