Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darndale Dirtbag Dirtbikes

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

begbysback wrote: »
    I agree, the problem is that they are uneducated, (one of the requirements for some definitions of “working class”) and they don’t care - the additional theatrical language is probably not necessary and I would suggest maybe try to take the emotion out of it, this clouds your judgement, as can be seen in your solution.

Have you ever asked yourself why they are uneducated and why they don’t care?

They don’t care because they are uneducated scumbags and they are uneducated scumbags because they don’t care as there are folks like yourself ready to make excuses for their shîtty behaviour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I have seen dick heads around Nutgrove D14 on dirt bikes ripping up and down the road over recent years. I'm sure the locals are well aware. Saw the Gardai chasing them on one ocassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I agree, the problem is that they are uneducated, (one of the requirements for some definitions of “working class”) and they don’t care - the additional theatrical language is probably not necessary and I would suggest maybe try to take the emotion out of it, this clouds your judgement, as can be seen in your solution.

Have you ever asked yourself why they are uneducated and why they don’t care?

I don't know how to word it properly, but there is a pervasive malice that permeates through these areas, Bad is good, Bad is fun, you can get a laugh out of doing Bad things, especially when it's at another persons expense, this is the primary motivator in anti-social behaviour, and nothing, absolutely nothing is going to change that.

gctest50 wrote: »
    since 2010-ish,

.......volunteers giving their time even during the week

These bikes are taxed and road legal, their owners have licenses and receipts for the bikes they bought from legitimate dealers, you won't see the lads currently riding up and down the road outside at these tracks because they have none of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Buy land! FFS

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

El_Bee wrote: »
    These bikes are taxed and road legal, their owners have licenses and receipts for the bikes they bought from legitimate dealers, you won't see the lads currently riding up and down the road outside at these tracks because they have none of these things.

Why would you need tax and insurance and show a receipt for the bike at an off road track? It kind of defies the point.

I think you're talking rubbish by the way. To insure a bike it needs to be road legal. Those bikes didn't have headlights or indicators. Or road tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

The bikes in that clip are not taxed at all and are not near road legal. The riders should have a race license to get out on the track for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭batman_oh

This is all nonsense. Most don’t even have licenses. And even if it was fully legal wheelieng up a foot path isn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'm lost as to what working class has to do with this.?
    People arguing over what is working class. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Jeff2 wrote: »

Lazy workshy criminal class is more apt I would think as there are plenty of decent people on those estates that do actually go to work and it’s unfair to lump them in with the scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Jeff2 wrote: »

I suppose it's because it occurs mostly on what would be deemed working class areas.

These idiots it their irresponsible parents would not work in a fit.

The problem then arose because one person could not understand how a poster who said they were working class had horse riding lessons. Particularly as said person had no time for this anti social crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Jeff2

anewme wrote: »
    These idiots it their irresponsible parents would not work in a fit. .

How do you know that.
    Really?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Why would you need tax and insurance and show a receipt for the bike at an off road track? It kind of defies the point.

I think you're talking rubbish by the way. To insure a bike it needs to be road legal. Those bikes didn't have headlights or indicators. Or road tyres
    5T3PH3N wrote: »
    The bikes in that clip are not taxed at all and are not near road legal. The riders should have a race license to get out on the track for the day.
    batman_oh wrote: »
    This is all nonsense. Most don’t even have licenses. And even if it was fully legal wheelieng up a foot path isn’t

So you don't need a license or insurance to own a motorbike? If it has no indicators you're good to go no tax or insurance necessary? Is that not a bit of an oversight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

So you don't need a license or insurance to own a motorbike? If it has no indicators you're good to go no tax or insurance necessary? Is that not a bit of an oversight?

Road legal motorcycles don't require indicators by law.
    By law your ment to give hand signals and use indicators if they are fitted.
    Just saying like......

Not true ,these tracks run open track days, you don't require a race license for that

These bikes are intended for use off road only and sold as such. You think I should have to tax and insure a bike that gets brought around in a van or on a trailer and is used on my private land?

ZX7R wrote: »
    Not true ,these tracks run open track days, you don't require a race license for that

I don’t go to tracks anymore but when I did I had to get a day license to be allowed out on the track, always cost feck all.

These bikes are intended for use off road only and sold as such. You think I should have to tax and insure a bike that gets brought around in a van or on a trailer and is used on my private land?

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not super knowledgeable on these things, but I thought motor vehicles had to be taxed and insured by law, and I think if that's not the case then it benefits the ones who are driving around residential areas and public parks recklessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

About time we built a few tracks and let them burn off energy there
    I think they forget what is was to be young and alive

When you laughed at death

When it was not your every second thought

Give me a shot of their recklessness for a night
    Yes, make excuses for dangerous behaviour. Who's "we" by the way?
    tmh106 wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer them to most of the people posting in this topic.
    No you wouldn't.
    :rolleyes:
    Good response. You really got them. In a strop because your narrow view of working class was dismantled?

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not super knowledgeable on these things, but I thought motor vehicles had to be taxed and insured by law, and I think if that's not the case then it benefits the ones who are driving around residential areas and public parks recklessly.
    No not the law, depending on the vehicle it may have to be registered,but not in all cases

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    No not the law, depending on the vehicle it may have to be registered,but not in all cases

Is the law currently being thrashed out in the dail going to change that I wonder.

Is the law currently being thrashed out in the dail going to change that I wonder.

Nope, for example I go directly to Yamaha and order a race bike,this bike will come with factory plate numbered and coded.
    No tax or insurance needed or regastur needed.
    It a race bike.
    In reality most would not afford that even professionals.

Second buy road legal bike get it prepared for racing.this has to be registered,new or second had . no tax or insurance needed as it's a racing bike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Are we perhaps looking at this the wrong way - shouldn't we be providing social housing for these people with motocross tracks in the back garden? You know, next to the trampoline and horse grazing areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Yes, make excuses for dangerous behaviour. Who's "we" by the way?

No you wouldn't.

Good response. You really got them. In a strop because your narrow view of working class was dismantled?

Your here to argue rather than contribute, so I’ll pass thanks - happy new year

Road tax is for vehicles that use the road, these types of bikes are for off road. The problem is that the people going around darndale and the likes on public roads are breaking the law by using them on the road or in public areas. Changing tax or insurance laws wouldn’t work for these lads because they would never pay for either, some of them don’t even buy the bikes ffs, lots of them are stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I could buy a car and leave it in my garden or drive it on private property without needing tax or insurance or even a licence. If I use it in a public place defined by law, I need to have all those things.

Most of those scramblers are not road legal due to off road tyres and no lights. So they can't be used at all in public even if they were insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

You come in here sneering at a person's personal account - dismissing it as unlikely working class. Why, because working class people are incapable of working hard, having ambition, not looking for handouts for nothing, couldn't be interested in horses?

And then you just sneer further with a rolleyes - you have no comeback, hence the inability to reply. And telling me I'm only arguing not contributing? The hostility was started by you.

The cause of this problem is a lack of boundaries and values - due to sh1tty parenting and/or whom they hang around with. I do think sometimes parents are trying but beating their heads against a brick wall due to the crowd their kid is hanging around with. This lack of caring about consequences has been filtering down due to lack of will to bother with work and structure. It's not down to "society" or lack of facilities. It's due to making choices without caring about consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

On that note I'd like to draw your attention to your response to my post where I quoted you, I'm by no means argumentative but your reply left me scratching my head, I was going to forget about it and not bother waste my time replying to it, but this reply to another poster, by you, leaves me to believe it's you that's looking to argue and not even bother to reply in an intelligent constructive way !!! if you can't raise your game and respond in a manner of discussion other than an emoji, then I fail to see the point of your contribution to a discussion board.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

All reports of that motorbike crash in Finglas the other night say that it was the bike that hit the van, not the other way around.I wonder does anyone know was it one of these illegal bikes being discussed in this thread?I dont know if it was.Maybe if these bikes were being driven up and down the roads and pavements of streets where some of our TDs live the matter would be considered more worthy of attention and action?But, as we know, they're not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement