Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are foreign women more approachable than Irish girls?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Pathetic post.

That was very rude what you said about my truths on Irish woman's.

Your country needs a Communist rule to make your woman's strong like horses. Not weak like glasing donughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Your country needs a Communist rule to make your woman's strong like horses. Not weak like glasing donughts.

And what are you bringing to the table, besides your passive aggressive, bitter, pitiful attitude? I’m surprised the ladies aren’t queuing up to snap up a catch like you.

And what are you bringing to the table, besides your passive aggressive, bitter, pitiful attitude? I’m surprised the ladies aren’t queuing up to snap up a catch like you.

I'm not. 😂

I can only guess you are one of them fat, breathing in a ham sandwich while in a que for doughnuts, bragging about doing a boot camp in the new year Irish woman's. You should not be mentioning scales ever it might make your inglot mascara run.

Only attention I want from you Irish womans is to pay attention to where you are wobbling on the streets.

Your country needs to be ashamed of its american voice fat woman's.

It's uncanny, it's like you're watching through the window as I waddle to the bathroom to shoot myself with the makeup gun with a donut in my mouth! And you don't sound bitter or resentful at all.

Plot twist: I'm not Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Either you're drunk or concussed. If it's the first, go to bed.

If it's the second, try to stay awake, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Shenshen wrote: »
    But then surely that would hold true for both men and women? I have made a few female friends that are Irish, but not a single straight male friend.
    Now, ok, that might just be me, but all I can do on this subject is share personal experiences. I'd be very curious to hear from anyone who has made different experiences. Maybe I'm the one doing things wrong (that has happened before!)

And let's be clear, I'm in no way blaming Irish men for this. It takes both men and women to develop this kind of culture.

I’ve a large group of male and female friends. Some Irish, some foreign, get on with all of them the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Pug160 wrote: »
    Also, you have to bear in mind that young men in general are looking after themselves more than any other generation before them. Designer tattoos, trimmed beards, fitted clothing etc. There are still out of shape young men too but I look around me and see a fair bit of effort being put in.

Same with Irish women. They're in better shape nowadays. A lot of them go to the gym and dress better. I see a lot less "ladettes" on nights out now compared to when I was younger. I still think foreign women are generally more approachable, but there are no shortage of attractive Irish women out there.

They que up for me more than this new kripey cream doughnuts. But I reject them and their cheap penny's clothes with earrings too big for their heads.

I only tell you to help you be a better person like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I am dating a Brazilian Lady and I have never been happier. I find that she is more direct than any Irish girl I have dated. If she has a problem she says so, its resolved. If I have a problem I say so, there's not drama or tears about it, it's resolved.

I dont think Irish women do it on purpose but there is always an element of pyshic ability required "Fine" means you are in trouble etc.

Generalisations are well, generalisations, but I've dated Irish girls and a few other different nationalities and just find other nationalities easier to communicate with.

Foreign ladies are absolutely more free sexually but I put that down to the Catholic education system here and social shaming. Our sexual education is so so poor in Ireland. It's a huge problem.

Similar experience I’ve been in a relationship with a Brazilian girl just over 5 years. Never drama, if she feels great, happy, sad, frustrated whatever it’s easily and straightforwardly communicated with zero drama. A passionate girl but with her head screwed on and always considers others, often ahead of her own interests and wellbeing. I’m not trying to generalize and perhaps I’ve been unlucky but with Irish girls I dated who were mainly a bit fond of drama shall we say...

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    It's uncanny, it's like you're watching through the window as I waddle to the bathroom to shoot myself with the makeup gun with a donut in my mouth! And you don't sound bitter or resentful at all.

Plot twist: I'm not Irish!

Plot twist I looked in your window and was cured of my peeping toms. Thank you for this not Irish woman's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

What does it matter. Irish woman's are looking and behaving more and more like fat American woman's. They need some internet influencer to tell them to all get on a boat so we can torpedo it and start fresh.

We could probably get them all on the boat by saying there is a free doughnuts, leggings a penny's and an Inglot shotgun in every cabin.

You've struck out more times than you can count with Irish women, haven't you?

For the record, I'm Irish. And yeah I'm fat but I've lost just under 5 stone (recently, I lost some more a few years back) and I'm still losing weight so I'm nearly slim and healthy.

I don't like donuts, I'm only currently wearing leggings (which I hate) for medical reasons, I don't care about Penneys except they're handy for cheap socks, and I refuse to buy Inglot because of how they treat their staff.

And despite being fat, I still wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.

Candie is very petite also btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Irish women love me :) Just throwing that out there.

@Candie

May I ask your nationality?

@Candie

For the record, I'm Irish. And yeah I'm fat but I've lost just under 5 stone and I'm still losing weight so I'm nearly slim and healthy.

I don't like donuts, I'm only currently wearing leggings (which I hate) for medical reasons, I don't care about Penneys except they're handy for cheap socks, and I refuse to buy Inglot because of how they treat their staff.

Why are you telling this life story to me? You are not this woman's Bridget Jones's.

I'm muscley and handsome and modest but with a 10 foot pole in my, how do you Irish woman's call them, the things you go to collecting yours children's from schools in, but normally people wears to beds at night?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

yamadeejit wrote: »
    I have spent some time travelling in Europe alone as a single Irish woman and I find that Spanish and French men are (on average) far more attractive, tall, more fashionably dressed, more well kept physically. All my female friends agree. They are, in my experience, more forward and romantic than Irish men which, to me is a good thing. I guess the grass is always greener :)
    Mad how we can have slightly different experiences. :) Now speaking as a bloke here, so women are going to see more/things differently, but I found Spanish lads(other than the Lothario types) to be not so forward as a general rule. French guys much more forward. Both more traditionally romantic alright, though the exotic factor helps here.

Depends on the bunch you're with too. EG there's a difference between a bourgeois towny from Paris compared to a group from the more rural south. Very much so on the fashion side. If anything I'd say your average younger Irish lad would be on a par with the more rural types if not above them. In Spain there can be differences between say Catalans and Basques and Castilians. Spain is one of the most diverse nations in Europe and local differences of all kinds are celebrated(and can lead to issues too of course). Ireland by comparison is very much a uniculture. Height wise I'd put Irish people in general at taller than Spanish, about the same as French(if a little taller), taller than the Italians that's for sure and midgets compared to the Dutch. :D

On the physical side I would say yes the Latins in general make more of an effort. It's a more "outdoor" lifestyle anyway, particularly in southerly cities with most living in apartments. They're thinner when young, but catch up later on(French women are the most likely to stay trim according to stats). Though Spain has the fattest children in Europe so that may be changing. It also has one of the highest incidences of eating disorders in women in the EU. While this notion that "Irish women are fat" is balls of the highest order(more Irish men are obese), you do see far fewer larger ladies in France, Spain and Italy. At least when young. Same in places like Russia and the Czech Republic and the like.

That's been my take anyway, but like I say Yama it so depends on one's personal experiences and some preconceptions going in. Including my own.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

@Candie

Why?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I can only guess you are one of them fat, breathing in a ham sandwich while in a que for doughnuts, bragging about doing a boot camp in the new year Irish woman's. You should not be mentioning scales ever it might make your inglot mascara run.

Only attention I want from you Irish womans is to pay attention to where you are wobbling on the streets.

Your country needs to be ashamed of its american voice fat woman's.

465232.gif
    Significant number of lads here who have a big problem with women, but it doesn't tally at all with what I observe offline.
    Ditto. But kinda GaP. Sometimes you get more honest opinions online. I've certainly heard similar in Real Life™ often enough. Oh and from Irish/Spanish/French/Russian/[insert country here] men too. Yep, it's a consistency up there with "our politicians are all crooks(likely true)".
    Catholicism is the root of the difference imo.

Religion lost widespread influence a lot sooner in the UK than it did here.
    Yet Spain and France and Italy and other bits of Europe are more openly "Catholic" than Ireland. Few enough have the ire aimed at the Church to the extent that we do. It's a bloody national sport here, nearly always played by younger folks who didn't actually live through it. The whipping boy and big box of transference.
    sabat wrote: »
    At the end of the day a vadge is a vadge; everything else is just window dressing.
    Nope. I'm not that desperate.
    Strumms wrote: »
    Similar experience I’ve been in a relationship with a Brazilian girl just over 5 years. Never drama, if she feels great, happy, sad, frustrated whatever it’s easily and straightforwardly communicated with zero drama. A passionate girl but with her head screwed on and always considers others, often ahead of her own interests and wellbeing. I’m not trying to generalize and perhaps I’ve been unlucky but with Irish girls I dated who were mainly a bit fond of drama shall we say...
    And yet I know a lad who was with a Brazilian woman for a few years and by God could she do drama. Liam Shakespeare had nothin on her. A trip to Tesco with her would make Othello look like a tame episode of Coronation Street. Now she was a 24Kt atomic powered ride, so that distracted him from her insanity for a remarkably long period of time. It's amazing how one's willie can obstruct the rest of one's senses and sense for so long. :D Plus God love him, he was very much in love with her. Heart and willie? Game Over. Luckily his brain finally said, eh lads, get outa my way, I'm taking over this nonsense.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

@Candie

...Because you said you're not Irish and I'm curious?

Also, the fat thing is just mean and doesn't have any relevance to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭littlevillage

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I've noticed Irish women become much more open and approachable when they go abroad. Must be the village mentality at home where there is only a couple of degrees seperation between everyone.

You've nailed it there methinks... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Something funny I've noticed, I'm in my 20s and have never dated but have been flirted on two times both by a 24yr old spanish lady at Nice airport waiting to board and two 18yr old girls sitting beside me on a flight to New York.

It seems to echo what lads say about how when they go abroad, foreign women are either more open to random approaches and/or they'll be flirted on with women. I can't ever say that an Irish girl has done that.

Generalizations are not good of course but in general (lol), it seems that women here would be hard pressed to give you the time of day.

Do you even lift dude? You need good abs for ladies to luv you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Irish women tend to be very picky.

Often when they have no real business being picky themselves.

But yet, on these threads, we have posters tearing apart the looks of Irish women. I doubt every lad posting here doing that is an Adonis. Why does it seem to be fine to so many in these types of threads to rip apart the looks of Irish women but it’s apparently not okay for Irish women to be picky about looks? I mean, statistically, the majority of us posting here will be in the average looks department. Most people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This is a bizarre conversation as always with this topic, which must be the most done to death of all on this site. What is the point of it and for those on each side, what do you want to see happen when you post so often in these threads? Every such thread is kept going by people who are willing to spend months replying to argue the case that either Irish women are bad or that Irish men are bad,. But all insist they're happy and doing well for themselves, either delighted in their single status or shagging all round them with foreigners or blissfully married to a wonderful foreign spouse. So it seems everyone's happy out with their own situation and doing great for themselves. Everything has worked out perfectly for all these posters who without fail keep these threads going. So what are you lookin for out of these repeated lengthy threads? If you're happy then it's very difficult to understand.

From reading them down the years, they are usually started by a male poster and the point almost seems to be to gloat, like “Ha, ye stuck up ugly Irish bitches, we have loads of choice now so you’ll all end up as lonely spinsters! And foreign guys don’t like ye either! Nyah nyah ne nyah nyah!”. But of course, the reality is very different because most weddings that happen in Ireland each year happen between Irish people. If you were to believe these threads, there are barely any Irish couples left at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Non irish woman are more direct, no doubt about it.

However Irish women do flirt, an awful lot!
    I’m no (insert name of your preferred heart throb here) but I’ve been flirted with by Irish girls regularly- so maybe the problem lies with you!

Unbeknownst to yourself- you may either be a b*llix or a mutant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

:D
    Love it. Should be the universal morning contemplation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

In my single days I remember Irish girls being very hard to approach until they hit their mid 20s or so. They couldn’t get away with being bitches from then on and it was much easier, you’d very rarely get an abrupt or rude reaction after that.

No doubt Irish men are difficult too, just the issues are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

as long as she's giving handy j's I don't care where she from

as long as she's giving handy j's I don't care where she from

What's if this woman's is from the the Kardashian family and thugs on your little Irish salad potato like an Olympian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What's if this woman's is from the the Kardashian family and thugs on your little Irish salad potato like an Olympian.
    as lung and her hand's don get tired wen I'm nurly dur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

You're clearly not reading or understanding what I've said at all and you're definitely not reading all my posts in context you're just picking posts that fit in with your confirmation bias about Irish women.
    I don't think all men who speak to me are doing so to get sex, I'm pointing out that in in bars or social settings it's a common occurrence (as others on the thread have also pointed out, with some of blokes on this thread saying that if men are talking to women that's the reason)
    If men perceive my not wanting to speak to them as hostility that's their business, if I don't feel like chatting to someone I'm not obliged to, I'm never rude about it but I'm not tiptoe-ing around it.
    I don't think foreign men approaching women on the street are just trying to get to know them, I'm pointing out the difference in how foreign men don't only approach women in prescribed settings. Irish people confine this kind of activity to limited settings, namely pubs and bars often with alcohol on board. So it's no wonder we (both men and women) find it refreshing when we encounter people who do not behave in this way and perceive them to be more open and easier to get on with.

I've asked plenty of Irish men out both directly in the early stages of getting to know them indirectly by telling them if they were to ask me out I wouldn't say no and in your quest to paint me as some loon who hates Irish men you probably missed the part where dispite the fact that I like dating foreign men all the men I've loved have been Irish. I'm simply pointing out that while to Irish men foreign women might seem more open and approachable, to Irish women the same is true of foreign men and really that is down to our culture and how we think about how the sexes interact.

I am fully quoting what you posted directed at me so neither out of context nor selective.

I completely understand what you are saying you don't understand the implications of what you are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I have spent some time travelling in Europe alone as a single Irish woman and I find that Spanish and French men are (on average) far more attractive, tall, more fashionably dressed, more well kept physically. All my female friends agree. They are, in my experience, more forward and romantic than Irish men which, to me is a good thing. I guess the grass is always greener :)

French and Spanish men are shorter on average than Irish men.

French and Spanish men are shorter on average than Irish men.

I’ve a large group of male and female friends. Some Irish, some foreign, get on with all of them the same.

Getting on with them and dating them are very different. I always got on well with Irish women. Dating them was a different story.

For the record, I'm Irish. And yeah I'm fat but I've lost just under 5 stone (recently, I lost some more a few years back) and I'm still losing weight so I'm nearly slim and healthy.

You're actually responding to him. Oh dear...

But yet, on these threads, we have posters tearing apart the looks of Irish women. I doubt every lad posting here doing that is an Adonis. Why does it seem to be fine to so many in these types of threads to rip apart the looks of Irish women but it’s apparently not okay for Irish women to be picky about looks? I mean, statistically, the majority of us posting here will be in the average looks department. Most people are.

Most never mentioned looks except that archer guy. There are plenty of good looking Irish women. Looks isn't the issue.

From reading them down the years, they are usually started by a male poster and the point almost seems to be to gloat, like “Ha, ye stuck up ugly Irish bitches, we have loads of choice now so you’ll all end up as lonely spinsters! And foreign guys don’t like ye either! Nyah nyah ne nyah nyah!”. But of course, the reality is very different because most weddings that happen in Ireland each year happen between Irish people. If you were to believe these threads, there are barely any Irish couples left at all.

Me and most of my male friends from college are married to non Irish women.

Non irish woman are more direct, no doubt about it.

However Irish women do flirt, an awful lot!
    I’m no (insert name of your preferred heart throb here) but I’ve been flirted with by Irish girls regularly- so maybe the problem lies with you!

This isn't the norm. You must be seriously hot or look like a foreigner. And being a bollix has nothing to do with women flirting. In fact in Ireland being a bollix seems to attract certain women.

Also if there are a group of Irish women they all want the same guy. You must be thst guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Zorya wrote: »
    :D
    Love it. Should be the universal morning contemplation.

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Hilarious.

Ha. I look forward to a similarly ridiculously irrelevant argument in favour of every other emigrant in world history. Given your "racist" generalisations about Irish women, I suspect you won't extend this flattering not-so-profound analysis to the Irish emigrants to America in, say, 1855? Really ridiculous.

Once again, the "I'm going to show how enlightened and non-racist I am by putting down the Irish" approach. A genuinely enlightened person could manage all this without swipes at Irish women generally and the supposed backwardness of Irish culture generally.

I'm not the one making silly put-downs on all Irish women. That sort of stuff doesn't come from somebody who has had positive experiences from them (because they're all a homogeneous group, of course). As said, it's much easier for a compatriot in any culture to spot a person's character and his socio-economic-cultural-educational achievements than it is for a foreign woman to do so. And it's precisely that which usually intimidates the "Irish women are so repressed" crowd.

PS: Your "I'm so enlightened because I travel around the world" attitude is also entertaining, as if the rest of us have never done so just because we decided to settle in Ireland. Not to throw you entirely overboard here, but if you're still travelling after a certain age it's usually not a good sign.

Been reading some of your posts. You're so close minded it's unbelievable.

Irish male doesn't get with Irish female, has to settle for non-eu female. Your conclusion;- loser

Irish male travels "beyond a certain age". Your conclusion;- loser

Irish women can suss out socioeconomic status, educational achievements. Ironically your conclusion here actually damming to Irish females, implying materialistic, shallow values.

And you were also referencing the poor non-eu ladies looking for financial security. Again concluding materialistic interests on the female side.

How about this;- the world is a lot smaller place, free movement of people has never been as apparent, despite trump and brexit etc.
    Whatever the positives or negative characteristics of Irish women, any increasing volume of relationships with non nationals is simply more to do with societal changes.

This idea that the poor repressed Irish lad is off to get the foreign woman cause he can't handle the rejection of Irish women is backwards thinking beyond belief. A lot of people are fascinated by people from different cultures. And if they're easy on the eye all the better.

And yes if an Irish lad has come to the conclusion that he's better off pursuing foreign women due to rejection, excessive game playing etc well good luck to them? He's probably wondering wtf he was worrying about growing up in a small village/town in Ireland when there are other environments that suit him better.

Funnily enough as an irish person you can settle in other cultures far better than in your home one despite popular and narrow minded opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Another one these threads?

I've met loads of friendly down to earth approachable Irish women in my time. Still come across them even though not single. Can still have good chat and bit of crack on a night out!

There are awkward bitchs of all nationalitys and genders it's not exclusive to our own!

The looks thing is also a massive myth!

The Irish are not ugly in general where actually quite good looking people the more you open your eyes.

Serious case of the grass is greener when comes to forgien men and women! There just as screwed up as our worst here lads!!

Another one these threads?

I've met loads of friendly down to earth approachable Irish women in my time. Still come across them even though not single. Can still have good chat and bit of crack on a night out!

There are awkward bitchs of all nationalitys and genders it's not exclusive to our own!

The looks thing is also a massive myth!

The Irish are not ugly in general where actually quite good looking people the more you open your eyes.

Serious case of the grass is greener when comes to forgien men and women! There just as screwed up as our worst here lads!!

Virtually no one is saying Irish women are ugly or have terrible personalities. Just that in the narrow field of dating they make life hard and don't know how to flirt compared to foreign women. The only ones saying its looks is one troll and some Irish women.

professore wrote: »
    Virtually no one is saying Irish women are ugly or have terrible personalities. Just that in the narrow field of dating they make life hard and don't know how to flirt compared to foreign women. The only ones saying its looks is one troll and some Irish women.

Some women make life hard in general that's not just an Irish thing it's a woman thing!

They have a different way of dealing with things compared to men. If anything my experience with forgieners in general because of different cultures to ours they can actually be lot more awkward to what where used to.

Some women make life hard in general that's not just an Irish thing it's a woman thing!

They have a different way of dealing with things compared to men. If anything my experience with forgieners in general because of different cultures to ours they can actually be lot more awkward to what where used to.

It depends on the culture I guess. I only have experience of western European and oddly Argentinian women. Can't comment on other cultures. I'm not sure if it's women in general. I think it's cultural. I imagine Islamic women would behave similarly but I've no idea.

I found Brazilians and Argentine women to be very firey and confrontational you need to be able for them otherwise walk all over you.

At least the ones I've worked with and came across anyway! Obviously don't know thrm all ha.

Hungarian women lol I worked with few them wow if people think Irish are awkward!!

It's just people in general there's awkward ones all over the world!

I found Brazilians and Argentine women to be very firey and confrontational you need to be able for them otherwise walk all over you.

At least the ones I've worked with and came across anyway! Obviously don't know thrm all ha.

Hungarian women lol I worked with few them wow if people think Irish are awkward!!

It's just people in general there's awkward ones all over the world!

That was definitely not my limited experience of either Argentinian or Hungarian women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Just before they start: you'll have loads of losers coming on here presently saying how awful Irish women are and how amazing their hot non-EU bird is. They're only where they are because the Irish women wouldn't go near them, and the supposedly amazing hot non-EU bird can see the benefit of EU citizenship. Shhh.

Anyway, continue.

For some lads, sure that's the case. For others, we just prefer women who aren't plastered in makeup, don't dress like whores and aren't entitled/pay for themselves. Couldn't tell you the amount of times Irish girls haven't even gestured towards paying for themselves on a date, pretty sad to not want to be equal with another adult in this day and age.

You sound quite bitter. Some Irish lads just have a preference that writes you off. Get over it, plenty of other Irish lads who still adore and only want to settle down with Irish women

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Exactly this, it works both ways.

Except it that isn't what's being said. Irish girls being unapproachable is not the same thing and Irish guys not wanting to approach. The later is heavily influenced by the former.

That was definitely not my limited experience of either Argentinian or Hungarian women.

Like I said I haven't met them all ha.

I just found in the work place and sometimes out and about they where very confrontational at times.

Hungarian men where even worse was around groups of them and worked with few all bit ****ing mental! Seem to be still living in the 80s as well!

Thinking about this a bit more, it might be that the Irish women I had issues with are outspoken and would talk over me all the time. They had a very set view of the world and were closed minded. There was no point having a discussion with them.

Non Irish women actually listen to what I'm saying rather than jumping to conclusions. You know having an actual conversation. I always felt their mind was made up before I said anything. Then again these women would be well travelled, intelligent and open to new ideas like myself.

This is a massive generalisation of course. I've met plenty of cool Irish women since but I married young and maybe I was unlucky before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Fuaranach sounds like exactly the kind of Irish woman the Irish men on this thread have experienced. .

I thought Fuaranach was a guy :confused:
    Shyte and I even asked zim to marry me once because I agreed with zer so much about something and I'm not even a lesbian. How awkward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement