Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

**** dublin criminal.
    tomofson wrote: »
    Then thats related to the ballymun murders

Not neccesarily. His sister is or was dating a Hutch. That's enough of a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Would the area not have been saturated with Gardaí with the wake of the other shooting victim going on this evening only walking distance away from it?

Theres been squad cars and check points all around the area near the NCI this week and the helicoptor was around most nights, i actually noticed that i hadnt heard it earlier on tonight but then it got going later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Omackeral wrote: »
    Dublin City is small enough that all crims tend to know each other or at least know of each other. When they get stupid short sentences in prison, they just network and add to their contacts. It's mental. Plus there was plenty of overlapping until a few years back. It's ridiculously one sided at this stage.

I once read that many of those involved in the Rattigan vs Thompson feud of the 2000s were in the same school and grew up together. Crazy that childhood friendships could turn to bitter enmity over drugs and the proceeds thereof. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Not neccesarily. His sister is or was dating a Hutch. That's enough of a reason.

Well that and the fact they knew he would have no problem pulling a trigger would be well enough reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think the Garda are going to come in for some criticism on this one. Looks like they have been shown up, major funeral tomorrow and someone shot dead the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think the Garda are going to come in for some criticism on this one. Looks like they have been shown up, major funeral tomorrow and someone shot dead the night before.

I don’t know what it is you want the Gardai to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The complex is one of those [ shaped ones, with small side roads going the whole way around the back of it, a small gap between each of the blocks, and several large open areas behind it and leading off towards the canal, which would only take a jump over a wall to access. Would give a prospective assassin plenty of cover from which to observe the target's movements and get away in the ensuing confusion after shooting him.

pkHtqvR.jpg

KFCGqrh.png
    Yeah there are a few lanes and blind spots but it's hardly a maze. Gardai will presumably blame resourcing which is fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

How can dublin and Ireland create such gangs?

Were such a small country, its baffling.

splinter65 wrote: »

I don't blame the Gardai but I do blame the courts and to a certain extent our politicians. Anyone with convictions for anything even remotely related to this feud or related to either of the main factions involved should be locked up for long enough for it to blow over. In the US they have laws to treat a gang as a criminal conspiracy, in which one only has to prove a crime by one member to charge everyone in the organisation with culpability for that - most of these guys have numerous convictions for violent, gang-related crime which begs the question why the hell aren't they already in prison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Lot going around that it’s ballymun related but from reading this guy was also a suspect in shooting at Sheridan court last summer and nearly every article says he was hutch aligned, given the track record of kinahan crew it’s pointing to them particularly with the shooting connection if that’s true

Lot going around that it’s ballymun related but from reading this guy was also a suspect in shooting at Sheridan court last summer and nearly every article says he was hutch aligned, given the track record of kinahan crew it’s pointing to them particularly with the shooting connection if that’s true and also if we was dating someone from hutch family

The fact he had such a reputation with a firearm would mean the K cartel would have to take precautions, maybe eliminate him first before he got the chance to do anything.

I seriously doubt they care much about the murdered in sheridan court, but they would eliminate him before he got anyone they did care about.

I would say most likely its Ballymun related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

i love garda bashing, its in my genes (haha) but the guards can only do so much with so many feuds they cannot stop these killings everyone with a grudge can act without fear knowing they the guards are so stretched over time cut(is garda numbers in dublin down?) and they the crims have better intelligence guns and cars to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

i love garda bashing, its in my genes (haha) but the guards can only do so much with so many feuds they cannot stop these killings everyone with a grudge can act without fear knowing they the guards are so stretched over time cut(is garda numbers in dublin down?) and they the crims have better intelligence guns and cars to name a few.

Any update on the getaway cars?

The fact he had such a reputation with a firearm would mean the K cartel would have to take precautions, maybe eliminate him first before he got the chance to do anything.

I seriously doubt they care much about the murdered in sheridan court, but they would eliminate him before he got anyone they did care about.

I would say most likely its Ballymun related.

I don’t know, that guy was a brother of one of their key guys, I don’t think they would let that ago going by their track record of being relentless in seeking revenge

I don’t know, that guy was a brother of one of their key guys, I don’t think they would let that ago going by their track record of being relentless in seeking revenge

He was a brother of a hitman, not exactly one of their hey guys, hitmen come a dime a dozen.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »

What you on about. Don't want them to do anything. What can they do?

Where ye pull that comment out of. Jesus. Can't say anything on this site.

Literally saying there gonna come in from criticism on this one.

redbuck wrote: »
    Any update on the getaway cars?

he was on foot!

im looking for type of gun used, smartarse.

edit, if,you,dont,like,my, posts,dont,quote,them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And brother-in-law (for all intents and purposes) of one of the more infamous family members. We saw Eddie Hutch Sr gunned down for simply having the wrong family name, it wouldn't be a stretch. Although tbf, this guy was a serious fcuker so could be either reason, if they even need reasons that is.

he was on foot!

im looking for type of gun used, smartarse.

Giving how reckless this guy could be is it a possibility that he may have been killed by his own?

I'd say that's part of it, to be honest. This goes beyond money and pragmatism, for a lot of these guys it's deeply personal and is about avenging the murders of their friends and family members. Once it morphs from a dispute over business to a personal vendetta of revenge, it's completely inevitable that it spirals out of control - and where Dublin's somewhat uniquely tiny degree of separation between any two of its residents (AKA the number of "hops" from one friend to another connecting you or me with literally any other person in the city) comes in is that when one of these guys gets murdered, the fallout extends to possibly hundreds of people who if not directly known to the victim, would be closely enough associated with members of his or her family to be angry enough to potentially go out looking for vengeance.

I mean I've never been in any situation like this and I'm not a violent person, but if one of my friends was murdered in this manner I can't be at all sure that I wouldn't be persuaded to get involved in trying to find and punish the scumbag who did it. This is especially true in a country where criminals get such laughable sentences that the victim's family would probably feel a sense of injustice even if the person was caught and convicted. Look at that horrible home invasion in Tipperary a few years ago - with some of those involved getting sentences of five years or less, in all honesty if the victims were close friends or family members of mine and I had a bigger pair of bollocks than I do, I'd probably be taking the law into my own hands and looking to beat seven shades of sh!te out of those guys at a bare minimum.

It's a combination of all these factors which IMO makes Dublin a perfect breeding ground for this kind of feuding.

• Advertisement

He was a brother of a hitman, not exactly one of their hey guys, hitmen come a dime a dozen.

Even still, it’s the only time someone hit back at them, it’s almost a reputational thing, to me they would want to avenge that to show nobody dare come at them or they will take you out sooner or later

Giving how reckless this guy could it be a possibility that he may have been killed by his own?

doubt that now tom.

doubt that now tom.

Id say its highly possible, no gang likes innocent blood on there hands as its bad for business, look what happened to Glen Clarke

And brother-in-law (for all intents and purposes) of one of the more infamous family members. We saw Eddie Hutch Sr gunned down for simply having the wrong family name, it wouldn't be a stretch. Although tbf, this guy was a serious fcuker so could be either reason, if they even need reasons that is.

Exactly if they are willing to kill people that just share a surname and had never crossed them then it’s highly likely they would take someone out who had actually murdered someone connected to them, I would say more than highly likely imo

Exactly if they are willing to kill people that just share a surname and had never crossed them then it’s highly likely they would take someone out who had actually murdered someone connected to them, I would say more than highly likely imo

Every Hutch that has been killed was involved in criminality in one way or another.

None have been killed solely and only because of their surnames.

Again. I am not blaming the Garda, they are doing there best to contain this. If anyone that should be in for cristisim it's the government and justice system. I don't think I have heard the Justice Minister address this ever. The justice system is a shambles, falling apart and it's beyond a joke on all front at this stage.

Where do you even start with this mess. The reason we have some many gangs here is because it's so laxy daisy when it comes to justice. Even white collar stuff is treated as a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It is nuts, I used to ask the same question about Limerick back in the 00s...

We are a real complex place...

We like to think we are a very safe country, to be fair it is for most of us...

We are proud that our ordinary guards are unarmed...

But we have a Special Criminal Court (juryless) which is much needed but nonetheless very controversial....

We are a violent country, in my lifetime, I have witnessed a bloody terrorist war played out in our Northern Provence....at one point the most militarised provence in Europe...I have seen a very violent 10 year feud in a small provincial city....Dublin has had about a dozen different violent feuds in the last 20 years including this extremely violent feud....

We have a separate ethnic group who engage in very violent and often under reported crime...

On top of that, there have been over 200 women murdered in this state over the last the last 20 years...

Spit balling here....

Hutch women take the Irish state to the ECJ for failing to protect their husbands/sons/fathers

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Every Hutch that has been killed was involved in criminality in one way or another.

Eddie hutch was definitely killed because of his surname

Id say its highly possible, no gang likes innocent blood on there hands as its bad for business, look what happened to Glen Clarke

i like wild theories myself, but no i think it was you that mentioned the bottler hit, is most likely at the moment.

• Advertisement

shane. wrote: »
    Eddie hutch was definitely killed because of his surname

No thats a myth, he was killed because he played a peripheral role in a certain attack(not sure if i should mention it as there is a trial at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

No thats a myth, he was killed because he played a peripheral role in a certain attack(not sure if i should mention it as there is a trial at the moment).

You may be right actually, remember reading something like that a while back

i like wild theories myself, but no i think it was you that mentioned the bottler hit, is most likely at the moment.

I do believe that is the most likely reason, but I wouldnt rule out the other theory either.

Yeah there are a few lanes and blind spots but it's hardly a maze. Gardai will presumably blame resourcing which is fair enough

Not a maze but if the guy was on foot or even a motorbike and jumped a few walls in order to get at the back of the place, he'd be long gone and away by the time the Gardai managed to follow him.

Just went through a checkpoint there at whitechurch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He was 26 according to RTE
    Gardaí believe that the shooting is more likely connected to an attempt on the life of a man in Ballymun last year, which resulted in the double murder of his sister and friend.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2018/0130/937182-shooting-dublin/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

ERU on Oliver Bond St at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Can’t agree with that, perhaps they all had backgrounds in criminality however they weren’t all directly involved in the regency, duck egg, duggan etc, the kinahans aren’t concerned with their careers in criminality, the eddie involvement with regency is bit of a myth also and hasn’t been proven either way, to me he was a soft target for them. They are systematically murdering men either directly or indirectly linked through even just a friendship to one particular family. The level of such relentless brutality this country has never experienced in terms of criminal gangs, this is far more than criminality this is personal.

So my point is that if this guy actually murdered someone directly or indirectly linked to them, they would most certainly settle that score and would no way let that go.

• Advertisement

Can’t agree with that, perhaps they all had backgrounds in criminality however they weren’t all directly involved in the regency, duck egg, duggan etc, the kinahans aren’t concerned with their careers in criminality, the eddie involvement with regency is bit of a myth also and hasn’t been proven either way, to me he was a soft target for them. They are systematically murdering men either directly or indirectly linked through even just a friendship to one particular family. The level of such relentless brutality this country has never experienced in terms of criminal gangs, this is far more than criminality this is personal.

So my point is that if this guy actually murdered someone directly or indirectly linked to them, they would most certainly settle that score and would no way let that go.

Its not as simple as you make it out, those people you mentioned all had "business" relationships with a certain family, its a matter of attacking their rivals in the pocket. Duggan also is said to have had a peripheral role in the a certain attack.

pablo128 wrote: »

If it is. This link seems to have a Bio on him for some reason. Also, not entirely sure why he was out and about. Cause to me it was saying he got a 9 month sentence. Justice system strikes again.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/hutch-associate-with-122-previous-convictions-due-to-be-released-on-bail-within-days-of-sentencing-36283586.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

With the latest two shootings, only a matter of time before an innocent bystander is killed by a stray bullet.
    has that not aleady happened?

ps
    A bank account containing €160,000 in Eddie Hutch's name was found and seized by Cab as part of that inquiry
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/who-are-the-hutches-a-profile-of-the-dublin-family-1.2527930

If it is. This link seems to have a Bio on him for some reason. Also, not entirely sure why he was out and about. Cause to me it was saying he got a 9 month sentence. Justice system strikes again.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/hutch-associate-with-122-previous-convictions-due-to-be-released-on-bail-within-days-of-sentencing-36283586.html

He appealed that sentence, and was released on bail.

Saying that he was spotted with a hutch family member couple of times this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I also remember hearing that all of the targets were involved in one way or another with the attack.
    Drivers, Planners, Safe Houses etc.. and that the victim of that attack had one close family member allegedly say that they want rid of all of them. The brother of that victim has also made it known that he is targetting them all, and stayed in Dublin to do so (again, allegedly).

• Advertisement

Saying that he was spotted with a hutch family member couple of times this week

Good question was asked below, was he in the military?

Heard a bang out the back garden there and went out to check and someone has shot the rabbit hutch ffs

Honestly don’t know man

Honestly don’t know man

Well if he was it certainly wasn't for any long period of time, he was selling pills street level around town for years.

He really went from being on the first step of the criminal ladder to a dangerous hitman in a very short space of time.

alot of these guys go on gun training holidays to Czech Republic and countries where you can shoot all types of guns for peanuts if military trained bottler hit wouldnt have been so fcuked up.

was ross this victims only pal, all week together?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement