Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Toyota stopped selling Hiace vans about 8 years ago, Transit Custom is the new Hiace, you need to keep up

Off to culture class for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bernard has spent his time publicly slagging off pavee Point (see Below)
    Talk about cutting of his nose to spite his face...

Bernard's off on it again, claiming Pavee point and other traveller organsiations don't represent him and are 'killing travellers'
    Should the National Traveller organisations after almost 20 years of requesting meetings.
    In person, email, phone calls, social media, videos, contacted the "Traveller Mediation Service" and still they wont meet. All fellow Traveler activists and especially the "rebels" activists, you no longer can hide knowing what NGOs have been doing to the very same people that you take si such pride in defending.

Traveller Pride Awards has becom the Freakshow of Irish Travellers for the wider Settled Community. Its a Freakshow for Irish State officials, its Freakshow for the Settled of people in the organisations getting paid to mock Travellers.

Pavee Point, The Irish Traveller Movement and others. Lets sit down and talk, i know that i will never let this go and from day one till the day that i die that these organisations change their ways and stop killing Travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gibberish

sligojoek wrote: »
    Gibberish

If you think that's Gibberish, check this out:
    "Open letter to the leader of the Country, Irish Government, elected representatives, political candidates and all those who believe in democracy".

I am calling on all political candidates, including all political parties and including the Government of Ireland. For freedom of political aspirations, that Irish we Irelands Travellers be included in real democracy of our own country that respects differences. That each County Council, in Ireland, would co-op an Traveller onto each Council and work together for the betterment of all community's. This is about restoring both our historical and the lack of political rights. That we can build better communities out of equality, and together, going forward we become one Civilization.

I, its pointless trying to hide it, i would be anti FG political party, its been like that for many years now (no need to take personal), much the same goes for the FF political party and to be honest about it, im probably anti most political parties in Ireland. Butt differently FG, you be at the very the top. But i am also willing to end my crusade in the name of democracy for democracy. The Irish Government are been called out to support democracy. Our community's have both a complex and historical relationship, its time that we all learned to work with each other and together. No longer against each other, no more hiding behind our colonial past and creating a better future for people.

Should this act of decency and of course' not failing to mention about upholding the values of democracy. This co-opting that gives our community (Irish Travellers) our own internal election process, our style selection and our world view. We will be sending the best people forward and bringing our own style democracy for best outcomes for all of our shared Society.

Looking to your reply.

Bernard Sweeney
    An Irish Traveller
    Battling over 900 years oppression, I can go on other 900 years.

Battling over 900 years oppression, I can go on other 900 years.

I think he's confusing travellers with vampires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think he's confusing travellers with vampires.

Both bloodsuckers so excusable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ha Bernards gas

What a load of waffle

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Ha Bernards gas

What a load of waffle

Him speaking for travellers must be the equivalent of Dustin speaking for Ireland. Cringey stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ethnic clothing???

Japanese Admiral!

Him speaking for travellers must be the equivalent of Dustin speaking for Ireland. Cringey stuff.

At least Dustin knows he's not serious

Bernard actually believes the waffle he's spewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    At least Dustin knows he's not serious

Bernard actually believes the waffle he's spewing
    Himself and John Connors would be a good double act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Off to culture class for me.

I can't keep up. Which/whose culture?
    Too many cultures in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is he doing drugs again?????

What an absolute tool.

According to Bernards posting, himself and Mags will be on this channel 5 show on Thursday.

https://www.channel5.com/show/the-gypsies-next-door/

Started now

Started now

I’m not watching it but I’m really lost for words right now......

https://twitter.com/missalexawright/status/1121506004238258177?s=21

Paid taxes.....

They would actually have to work and then another thing actually purchase items with earned cash......

Where are these snowflakes coming from.

Someone needs to bring her to tallaght or Finglas or anywhere for that matter and put her on a site....

It's telling me I'm not authorised to view this status.

It's telling me I'm not authorised to view this status.

284815-FB-19-E3-4-FE0-A39-C-4-B159408-E11-F.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2931074156910264&id=212914858726221

Here they are beating an innocent dog for fun, they deserve nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2931074156910264&id=212914858726221

Here they are beating an innocent dog for fun, they deserve nothing.

Scum

They've taken the dog away and no arrests.

This country is a ****ing joke.

Happily I can't view FB on the old work computer because I've already seen a dog almost get run over today and that would take the cake altogether.

They've taken the dog away and no arrests.

This country is a ****ing joke.

Someone posted it on the Peter Casey thread. Think the person who posted had no joy with the Guards so sent the video to limerick animal welfare. They are just a voluntary organisation but loads of people commenting rang either the ispca helpline (who told them to ring limerick Garda stn) or directly rang the station.

Gardaí have power to seize dog and a volunteer from the animal shelter went there too and took dog to vets. I can’t understand, if they had power to seize animal why they didn’t take all animals? Such a gorgeous dog too.

They could easily just go in and ask to see the dog licenses. There is no way on earth they have any, then just take them all.

But that would be discrimination or some nonsense.

Kivaro wrote: »
    I can't keep up. Which/whose culture?
    Too many cultures in this country.

The confusion is proof that we are truly a multicultural culture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Someone posted it on the Peter Casey thread. Think the person who posted had no joy with the Guards so sent the video to limerick animal welfare. They are just a voluntary organisation but loads of people commenting rang either the ispca helpline (who told them to ring limerick Garda stn) or directly rang the station.

Gardaí have power to seize dog and a volunteer from the animal shelter went there too and took dog to vets. I can’t understand, if they had power to seize animal why they didn’t take all animals? Such a gorgeous dog too.

****ing dirty knackers.
    I hate them.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Innocent animal viciously beaten by traveller for sh1ts and gigs.

https://youtu.be/AAXr5rAu_pg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-called-as-armed-men-force-security-from-illegal-dumping-site-in-cork-921877.html

Ken O'Flynn just got himself elected.
    Getting my vote anyway.

How the fcuk as a nation are we putting up with this behaviour.

Explain that report to me! In the beginning it's masked men threating the security with golf clubs and bats and the RSU has to be called...... And then.....

"garda spokesman said that when they arrived, there was no incident and no complaint has since been made."

So then, what exactly is going on?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-called-as-armed-men-force-security-from-illegal-dumping-site-in-cork-921877.html

Ken O'Flynn just got himself elected.
    Getting my vote anyway.

How the fcuk as a nation are we putting up with this behaviour.

Unbelievable. The cheek of the f*ckers.

Explain that report to me! In the beginning it's masked men threating the security with golf clubs and bats and the RSU has to be called...... And then.....

"garda spokesman said that when they arrived, there was no incident and no complaint has since been made."

So then, what exactly is going on?

Intimidation I would guess. They obviously had time to throw out a few old chestnuts, "I know where you live" etc etc.

That or the Gardaí don't want to face up to the travellers.

Unbelievable. The cheek of the f*ckers.

Mysterious armed men that the coppers decided not to see and let go on their way even though the armed backup was called.

A total f**king pisstake at the taxpayers expense lads.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

20,000 hours and you too can be a genius in your chosen field.

You mean somebody else's field which you've 'chosen' to set up shop in for 20,000 hours before moving on to the next 'chosen field' amirite?

• Advertisement

This incident is not acceptable

Local Councillor Ken O’Flynn (FF) said the matter needs to be fully investigated.

“I believe security staff were run off the site and punches were thrown on Wednesday night. Cameras that were mounted to monitor illegal dumping have been broken on scaffolding poles and the scaffolding poles have been torn down.

“Security staff that were minding the site had to be taken off the site by the Gardaí.

“They have been manning the site since the clean up finished and this is the second altercation that has taken place. Contractors putting up the fences were also threatened.

“This is not acceptable. It is city council, public owned land and nobody has the right to come in and intimidate anybody or undermine the authority of Cork City Council,” he added.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Armed-masked-gang-threaten-security-staff-at-former-Ballyvolane-illegal-dump-ad64a19b-6cb8-4712-bfc5-d536906ab55f-ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,366 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mysterious armed men that the coppers decided not to see and let go on their way even though the armed backup was called.

A total f**king pisstake at the taxpayers expense lads.:mad:

Didn’t read that in the report.
    I read “no complaint was made”.
    I wonder why no complaint was made to the Garda? Maybe it’s bad journalism.

Oh how I would love for rte to be used as the new dumping site as rte think the travellers can do no wrong.

Another great idea would be to use Enda Kenny's front lawn and Leo's also.

I have on numerous occasions had to stand up to these bullies in work and outside of it too.

I have lost all faith in the judicial system and Gardai a long long time ago.

Didn’t read that in the report.
    I read “no complaint was made”.
    I wonder why no complaint was made to the Garda? Maybe it’s bad journalism.

Because of those security staff are staying there, as in working and will be left on that site as mentioned they would have received threats which I would bank my house on it.

The Gardai won't be staying so nothing stopping it happening again.

Most likely they will have to be looking the other way when more crap is dumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Oh how I would love for rte to be used as the new dumping site as rte think the travellers can do no wrong.

I have on numerous occasions had to stand up to these bullies in work and outside of it too.

Those two lads live in their own little bubbles, don't think they have front lawns.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

5 of them surrounded me in the yard in work one day because I had the cheek to run them trying to lift stuff. They only backed off when I took out a Stanley knife.

I've all the time in the world for someone, traveller or not coming and asking is there any scrap or could they have a couple of ould pallets but these lads were just out thieving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

I'd say we should all pitch in and buy every traveller family a chip pan as a gesture of good will and reconciliation

Did you hear Brenda Power on Sean O Rourke today? While discussing the Drogheda feud she brought up the fact that they were travellers. She was shot down a couple of times with the line that there are criminal gangs in other places that weren't travellers. Thing is they weren't discussing other places. They were discussing Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

You and me both. People here think crime should be understood and not punished. These guys couldn't give a rats. They know nothing will happen to them so they're now totally above the law.

Did you hear Brenda Power on Sean O Rourke today? While discussing the Drogheda feud she brought up the fact that they were travellers. She was shot down a couple of times with the line that there are criminal gangs in other places that weren't travellers. Thing is they weren't discussing other places. They were discussing Drogheda.

I didn't hear but it's exactly the same mentality of the snow flake or petals or what ever they're called.

I'm sick to death of hearing ones going on about oh Yee are racist etc etc etc.... Hold on a minute we aren't even a different race so what are Yee on about....

Offended because the sky is blue, god what is the world coming to.

Thief's, rapists, murderers etc are the best cared for and treated with such high standards yet those they destroyed the life's of get nothing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I didn't hear but it's exactly the same mentality of the snow flake or petals or what ever they're called.

I'm sick to death of hearing ones going on about oh Yee are racist etc etc etc.... Hold on a minute we aren't even a different race so what are Yee on about....

Offended because the sky is blue, god what is the world coming to.

Thief's, rapists, murderers etc are the best cared for and treated with such high standards yet those they destroyed the life's of get nothing.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need a repeal like movement to sort out sentencing. Every day suspended this and suspended that. The place is becoming an utter kip and our leaders couldn't care less.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need a repeal like movement to sort out sentencing. Every day suspended this and suspended that. The place is becoming an utter kip and our leaders couldn't care less.

Even though the government that ruined us they had the right idea about building the super prison.

We need it not now at least 10 years ago but yet nobody will do anything about it.....

We actually have nobody that will do what the people need or want.

I actually can't believe what we have as a government has actually lasted months never mind near the full term.

It's actually shocking what's allowed carry on.

RTE should do a whole Traveler special. The audience 100% travelers and all guests too. Let the audience have a few drinks before the show.

See how that works out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

RTE should do a whole Traveler special. The audience 100% travelers and all guests too. Let the audience have a few drinks before the show.

See how that works out.

That Sir is a capitol idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If a traveller was seen helping an old lady across the road, they'd be all over the ethnic identity fact - angle

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement