Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

.ak wrote: »
    No Div 11?
    There wasnt a division 8 last season so same number of divisions as last season. Possibly could be yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭blackwhite

There's a Div 11, but they're waiting for a couple of clubs to confirm if they're in/out before releasing fixture list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bazzmch

All divisions up on leinster website with fixtures now
    Think these are correct now.
    Division 1
    Naas 2s, Terenure 2s, Old Wesley 2s, Old Belvedere 2s, UCD 2s, Clontarf 2s, Lansdowne 2s, Trinity 2s
    Division 2
    Wanderers 2s, Old Wesley 3s, St Marys 2s, MU Barnhall 2s, Greystones 2s, Lansdowne 3s, Clontarf 3s, Blackrock 2s
    Division 3
    Terenure 3s, Old Belvedere 3s, Tullamore 2s, Navan 2s, Seapoint 2s, St Marys 3s, Skerries 2s
    Division 4
    Rathdrum 1s, Stillorglin-Rathfarnham 1s, UCD 3s, Old Wesley 4s, Naas 3s, St Marys 4s, Malahide 2s
    Division 5
    Greystones 3s, CYM 1s, MU Barnhall 3s, Wanderers 3s, St Marys 5s, Lansdowne 4s, Clontarf 4s, Blackrock 3s
    Division 6
    DLSP 3s, Terenure 4s, Old Wesley 5s, Old Belvedere 4s, Coolmine 3s, MU Barnhall 4s, Guinness 1s, Trinity 3s
    Division 7
    Navan 3s, UCD 4s, Clontarf 5s, Tallaght 1s, Clondalkin 3s, Seapoint 3s, AIB 1s, Bective Rangers 3s
    Division 8
    Edenderry 2s, Trinity 4s, Terenure 5s, Stillorglin-Rathfarnham 2s, Parkmore 1s, Bective Rangers 4s, Athy 2s
    Division 9
    Co Carlow 3s, Newbridge 3s, Old Belvedere 5s, Gorey 3s, Ratoath 1s, Malahide 3s, Emerald Warriors 1s, BGF Ravens 1s
    Division 10
    Monkstown 3s, Normans 1s, Suttonians 2s, Railway Union 3s, Coolmine 4s, St Marys 6s, MU Barnhall 5s

Games to start in 2 and 3 weeks with top divisions starting earlier

Suttonians 3rds not 2nds in fiv 10

bazzmch wrote: »
    Suttonians 3rds not 2nds in fiv 10
    Yeah just realised that typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I see Warriors firsts are in Div 9, so assume they must have a second team in Div 11.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

stephen_n wrote: »
    I see Warriors firsts are in Div 9, so assume they must have a second team in Div 11.

That's great for them if that's the case. Love the story behind that club and would be great to see them growing to the extent that they can field two sides.

Faugheen wrote: »
    That's great for them if that's the case. Love the story behind that club and would be great to see them growing to the extent that they can field two sides.

I know they had nearly 70 players for the Bingham Cup in the summer. Was hoping they’d hold on to enough players from that to form two teams. Seems to be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I know they had nearly 70 players for the Bingham Cup in the summer. Was hoping they’d hold on to enough players from that to form two teams. Seems to be the case.

Great to see a newish club expanding. Must be difficult growing without the facilities others have.

salmocab wrote: »
    Great to see a newish club expanding. Must be difficult growing without the facilities others have.

Think their moving to ground sharing at Mary’s has really helped. It’s a lot more central than Sutton was. They have recruited really well over the last two seasons, as they lost most of their senior players and started nearly from scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The domestic rugby app has disappeared off Google play.
    Anyone have a suggestion for alternative(s)?

Playing but doing affiliate refereeing most weekends so it's most helpful for that.

The Leinster website is unusable for me on Firefox/chrome on my phone.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Faugheen wrote: »

I refereed their first ever game and I've always kept an eye out of their fortunes. It's a club that has been formed for the right reason; because they want to play rugby. Long may they last.

And Division 11
    CYM 2s
    Tallaght 2s
    Emerald Warriors 2s
    Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 3s
    Swords
    Terenure 6s
    DLSP 4s
    Clontarf 6s

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And Division 11
    CYM 2s
    Tallaght 2s
    Emerald Warriors 2s
    Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 3s
    Swords
    Terenure 6s
    DLSP 4s
    Clontarf 6s

Unless things have changed I think that’s the Swords 2s. Their firsts play div 3 of the Leinster League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Considering there is an actual division 8 for the first time I think in 3 seasons I would say this could be one of the largest number of teams competing at junior rugby in a few years. Good to see junior clubs showing a bit of growth too. CYM having 2 teams for the first time in a while and I think the Warriors usually just had one team.

Bective running Vets Fox Cup Blitz in Donnybrook on Sunday 7 October, 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Is it just 3 clubs with 6 teams now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Mary's Terenure and Clontarf seem to have 6 teams now. Barnhall and belvo have 5. Belvo Barnhall Clontarf and Mary's have decent women's numbers too. Belvo have 2 womens teams. They all have under 20s or 21s or whatever it is now.
    They're all big clubs now.

Few clubs on 4. Good numbers.
    Good to see

Bective running Vets Fox Cup Blitz in Donnybrook on Sunday 7 October, 2018.

Is that clubs entered, or individuals? Can’t find any details online.

Is that clubs entered, or individuals? Can’t find any details online.
    I saw bective post about it. Events on/starts October 7th but no hharm giving someone in rangers email/call for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

After the second round of the league this weekend (for most if not all teams) how are we all doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

After the second round of the league this weekend (for most if not all teams) how are we all doing?

We ( Nure 5s )had a great game v Trinity yesterday out in Santry , Very good side & in classic College style they just kept running for 80 mins , Thank God for the rain !
    Very tough game & played in great Spirit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Mary's Terenure and Clontarf seem to have 6 teams now. Barnhall and belvo have 5. Belvo Barnhall Clontarf and Mary's have decent women's numbers too. Belvo have 2 womens teams. They all have under 20s or 21s or whatever it is now.
    They're all big clubs now.

Few clubs on 4. Good numbers.
    Good to see

MU Barnhall actually fielded 2 senior women's teams last weekend for the first time. As you say, good to see the playing numbers growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

How many teams were the big clubs running at the height of things?
    Glad to see Barnhall up with the best of them in terms of numbers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

My father used to tell me of some big Dublin clubs fielding 7 or 8 when he was playing which was in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Not sure how accurate he is with that though. But there were probably less clubs then than there are nowadays.

In the early 90's when I started with Greystones they had 7 Junior teams during the league season (even though the leagues only went to J4). So 7 Junior sides playing every week during the regular season and then 2 more come cup time. However I played two games a weekend most weeks as did many others.

Mid 90s when I started adults with DLSP we had 6 men’s teams, and I know that there years before had been more. Although no subs in Jnr rugby then so numbers may have been skewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭blackwhite

salmocab wrote: »
    Mid 90s when I started adults with DLSP we had 6 men’s teams, and I know that there years before had been more. Although no subs in Jnr rugby then so numbers may have been skewed

Good to see Salmo back to 4 adult teams this year (or even 3.5 with the Tallaght link!)

blackwhite wrote: »
    Good to see Salmo back to 4 adult teams this year (or even 3.5 with the Tallaght link!)

Yeah, haven’t played in nearly 4 years but things seem to be getting better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Normans could be in trouble. Conceding games at home and expected to pull out of Div 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

gaius c wrote: »
    Normans could be in trouble. Conceding games at home and expected to pull out of Div 10.

Leagues starting to take a bit of shape !

Advertisement