Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That's some line up! Love to see Fleet Foxes, First Aid Kit, Ghostpoet, Talos, This is the Kit, Mogwai, Nils Frahm, Saint Sister. I think for line up and this is just the first round of acts presumably, early bird prices seem decent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

From the website FAQ:

"DRINKS:

Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person is allowed to bring 48 cans for personal consumption. This can only be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed."

Free-flow policy a-la Body & Soul??

Edit: Yep, seems so. Another plus.

"Am I allowed to bring my own alcohol or soft drinks into the festival site?

Yes, you can bring your personal consumption into the festival site."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

not sure what more you're expecting, it's a 10k festival, final price is €180.
    compared to Body & Soul festival, which is pretty much its direct competitor (same size, similar setting and "vibe"), then this lineup is excellent for what it is.

I think it's better than the final B&S lineup from last year....

Sleaford Mods win :D

I thought final price was €210? (come to think of it not sure where i heard that)

It is a decent line up, i am not disputing that, i just thought it could be better if €150 was the discounted price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Suckit wrote: »
    Sleaford Mods win :D

I thought final price was €210? (come to think of it not sure where i heard that)

It is a decent line up, i am not disputing that, i just thought it could be better if €150 was the discounted price.
    it says 180 here:
    https://www.alltogethernow.ie/#tickets-section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

From the website FAQ:

"DRINKS:

Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person is allowed to bring 48 cans for personal consumption. This can only be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed."

Free-flow policy a-la Body & Soul??

Edit: Yep, seems so. Another plus.

"Am I allowed to bring my own alcohol or soft drinks into the festival site?

Yes, you can bring your personal consumption into the festival site."

If this is free flow policy, then it is hands down a no brainer. Well it is for me as I am local.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I wonder what the take up will be like for tickets on Friday? I'll buy one to have one anyway.

I wonder what the take up will be like for tickets on Friday? I'll buy one to have one anyway.

Will be interesting to see! Guess it's hard to tell cause not sure what allocation will be per tier. 10,000 and 4 tiers but there could be less tickets in first 2 tiers so might not be 2,500 per tier say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If this is free flow policy, then it is hands down a no brainer. Well it is for me as I am local.

Free flow ? :confused:

Whatya mean ?? :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Eod100 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see! Guess it's hard to tell cause not sure what allocation will be per tier. 10,000 and 4 tiers but there could be less tickets in first 2 tiers so might not be 2,500 per tier say..
    POD also run Metropolis, and the Tier 1 tickets for that sell out in seconds, which leads me to believe there's probably less than a few hundred in that tier.
    I'd imagine this will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

great that there's a decent festival right on my doorstep

not interested in camping might wait and see will they sell individual day tickets and go when the fleet foxes are playing

Family ticket is for 1 adult and 2 children ?

POD also run Metropolis, and the Tier 1 tickets for that sell out in seconds, which leads me to believe there's probably less than a few hundred in that tier.
    I'd imagine this will be the same.

True and that in turn generates a buzz/hype about tier 1 tickets selling out, generating demand for the other tiers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

What are the nearest towns or villages to the festival site?

greenspurs wrote: »
    Free flow ? :confused:

Whatya mean ?? :D

It means that once you bring your booze into the site, there are no further restrictions on where you can consume it or carry it. So no searching going into the main arena etc... Body & soul do it like this and they call it a free-flow policy. It really is great. I looks like ATN are doing the same ..

lc180 wrote: »
    What are the nearest towns or villages to the festival site?

Portlaw is nearest village.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    great that there's a decent festival right on my doorstep

not interested in camping might wait and see will they sell individual day tickets and go when the fleet foxes are playing

Not a real festival goer then? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not a real festival goer then? ;)

nah cant stand camping, rather day trips and a bed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

greenspurs wrote: »
    Family ticket is for 1 adult and 2 children ?

Yeah, was wondering that myself. Not sure it's been explained properly particularly when you add in the tiers? Really keen to go, just need to see what sort of twine itll cost me to bring the fam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is a fair crossover of acts from Bestival in this too, just posted on the Bestival's efestival forum with the ATN poster and folk over there reckon the Bestival headliner blanked out is also Underworld, it looks like it could fit in there too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The last ATN poster images have been ginormous and take ages to scroll through hopefully this url will have a more readable size.

28308828_10213275787983412_934851384_n.png?oh=9b2cb0adc89eab804cab10bb1f09bf42&oe=5A8DFC2F

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The more I think about it I'm excited by this festival, strong first announcement with a nice variety of acts, nice looking setting, over 21s, bank holiday weekend, allowed to bring your booze into the arena.. They are ticking all of the boxes so far! I'm glad someone has tried to stick it up to Electric Picnic. I've a good feeling about this festival and on second thoughts maybe I will be buying a ticket soon. I presume Fleet Foxes & Underworld will headline but I wonder do we have another to come or will Roisin Murphy headline one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭thebusher

I think if London Grammar were added (they're on the Bestival lineup) ut would be a massive coup for a first time festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

London Grammar are so so so boring. Great songs but doesn't translate.

They're not a festival band. EP taught me that lesson hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Liking the look of this! Gave up on EP a few years ago but this tempts me out of festival retirement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they book NERD then i will be there in heartbeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

mojesius wrote: »
    Liking the look of this! Gave up on EP a few years ago but this tempts me out of festival retirement.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have acquired the target market, you may strike when ready. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

London Grammar are so so so boring. Great songs but doesn't translate.

They're not a festival band. EP taught me that lesson hard.

They just need to be in inside. I saw them at a festival in a tent last summer and they were amazing.

So have I got this right? Over 21s, free flow alcohol policy(!) and on a BH weekend?? How much are tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    They just need to be in inside. I saw them at a festival in a tent last summer and they were amazing.

So have I got this right? Over 21s, free flow alcohol policy(!) and on a BH weekend?? How much are tickets?

Saw LG at the waterfront in Belfast last year, it was magical! Perfect venue, I was right at the front 6 feet away. To have Hannah Reid lock eye contact with you as she belts out some of those notes is absolutely mind-goose-bump-blowing!!
    Unless ATN have a massive main stage tent there's not a hope of seeing LG indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really liking the look of this, don't know why its so apealling vs B&S or CP....but it just Is!!

Positives so far:
    Decent line up for a 10k capacity.
    Freeflow booze
    With freeflow there's no stupid bottle neck searches
    Over 21's (I'm not an ageist **** but I'd rather not see a young person experience there first real boozing session...go practice in a field/park...get good at it...then go to a festival. + I have to say in recent years my fatherly instincts are kicking in, really bugging me seeing the level of unprepared'ness.. like f$$kin hot pants & belly top its night time, 6deg and raining you dose bi##h!)

Can anyone explain the tier system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

Someone shared the licence application on twitter last night. Theres an area called "Arcadia". If this is what I think it is than it has been sorely missed from EP over the last number of years and represents a huge coup for the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dmm82

deeks wrote: »
    Someone shared the licence application on twitter last night. Theres an area called "Arcadia". If this is what I think it is than it has been sorely missed from EP over the last number of years and represents a huge coup for the festival.

Just had a look at it. That will be unreal!!

can anyone link to the application please?

jo7WSXO.jpg

From the event application:

The Main Arena will consist of:
     Main Stage – Live music
     Second Stage – Live music
     Third Stage – Live Music
     Healing Fields/ Away with the Fairies
     Spoken Word – a selection of panels with will know figures on various related topics
     Kids, Family & Crafts
     Carnival, Wedding Disco Inflatable Church
     Comedy
     Theatre
     ‘In the Woods’ Stage
     Floating Orchestra
     Arcadia
     Cinema
     Arts Trail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Impressive. Only when you see the application do you realise how much organisation must go into the whole thing.

So am I correct in saying that it looks like 5 stages of music? Main stage and second stage are large outdoor stages, then you have a stage in the woods, Arcadia and a tent in the campsite? It had the following about start/end times:

Friday, August 3rd Start: 17:00 Finish: 00:00
    Saturday, August 4th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00
    Sunday, August 5th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00

And that campsite entertainment will go on until 4.00am which is what is making me think there is a stage in the campsite.

Impressive. Only when you see the application do you realise how much organisation must go into the whole thing.

So am I correct in saying that it looks like 5 stages of music? Main stage and second stage are large outdoor stages, then you have a stage in the woods, Arcadia and a tent in the campsite? It had the following about start/end times:

Friday, August 3rd Start: 17:00 Finish: 00:00
    Saturday, August 4th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00
    Sunday, August 5th Start: 12:00 Finish: 02:00

And that campsite entertainment will go on until 4.00am which is what is making me think there is a stage in the campsite.

Yeah that circular Blue section between areas E and D in the campsite looks like a stage.

ARCADIA !!!!!!!!!

ARCADIA !!!!!!!!!

Excitement is mounting for this festival big time! :D

• Advertisement

It says in the license application that there may be a limited number of Sunday day tickets available, I'd rather they kept it to just weekend ticket holders but im sure some people will be happy with that.

I said this in the EP thread but anyway, I seriously doubt a first time fest could get the full arcadia set up, its fookin massive these days. The one at glasto has space for 25,000, a very scaled down version could work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

MadYaker wrote: »
    I said this in the EP thread but anyway, I seriously doubt a first time fest could get the full arcadia set up, its fookin massive these days. The one at glasto has space for 25,000, a very scaled down version could work though.

They had it slimmed down for Metropolis in its 1st year, which is also POD promoted. So i presume the same

I think I'm going to buy a ticket for this on Friday. I can still go to picnic too and I think we should try and support what appears to be a quality new festival, it could be really great in a few years if it survives.

Edit: Also surely Waterford natives King Kong Company will be added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Would someone be able to enlighten me as to what Arcadia is ?? :p I feel like a noob for even asking

On another note: Very excited about this festival - I'm usually one to go for the smaller festivals. Having done all the huge ones back when I was growing up in the Benelux (Rock Werchter, Dour Festival, Pukkelpop, Tomorrowland, Graspop Metal Meeting, Wacken, Reggae Geel), I got kind of fed up with the crowds (or likely I'm just getting old :p)

Only Irish festivals under my belt so far are Castlepalooza 2014 and Townlands 2017

What All Together Now is offering us (so far) seems right up my alley:

* First announcement of acts, pretty solid. A nice mix of different genres I'm into
    * Capacity of nothing enourmous
    * Over 21s
    * The site looks unreal
    * Free flow policy
    * Pricing

I've a feeling, based on the interest here and elsewhere, that it'll sell out. The first and possibly second tier at the very least will sell out quickly.

Roll on Friday and then August!

Arcadia is basically a stage for DJs, with a crazy fire and light show and acrobatics, its cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Looks class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Right, babysitter sorted for the weekend.

Sorry 5 week old daughter, I love you to bits but mammy's digging out the camping gear and the cooler. Plus you have to be two to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

This is ticking a serious amount of boxes. Is there any details for Boutique Camping yet? When you click on the link on the site it goes nowhere.

**** it, i'm buying a ticket on Friday.

This is going to be great.

I'm fcuking going !!

Looks bloody awesome !! and its only across the river from me !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement