Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I thought there was a problem in making a Lana a top face as she can't wrestle due to injury?

Then again, never been a problem before. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Others have raised the point that in November 2013 Meltzer reported a similar big plans for story about Big E Langston and Summer Rae respectively.

Vince is Dug from Up:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Despite millions cancelling the network due to Roman winning the Rumble, its been a good quarter for the WWE.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/93397/wwe-breaks-records-posts-highest-quarterly-earnings-ever.html?p=1
    WWE® Reports Record Quarterly Revenue

First-Quarter 2015 Highlights

Revenues increased 40% to $176.2 million, the highest quarterly revenue in WWE history
    OIBDA of $21.0 million increased $28.2 million from the prior year quarter
    Financial results surpassed the Company's public guidance
    WWE Network reached 1.3 million total subscribers, representing a 99% increase from the prior year WrestleMania (which was held on April 6, 2014)

Much more indepth analysis in the PW insider link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

first quarter results were always gonna be strong, especially with Mania in it (last year Mania fell into Q2).
    they'd want to see the Q2 results before getting too excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Network is once again free for new subs next month. Guess I'll just cancel and sub under a different name. No reward for loyalty whatsoever, sums up the entire company pretty well, just ask JR.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/575685-wwe-network-free-again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

martyos121 wrote: »
    Network is once again free for new subs next month. Guess I'll just cancel and sub under a different name. No reward for loyalty whatsoever, sums up the entire company pretty well, just ask JR.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/575685-wwe-network-free-again
    Didn't customers who were with the network for a year get a gift card for the WWE Store though? I think that's a reward for loyalty. I can imagine them doing similar things every year. Plus, it's all about getting people to sign-up. If it works it works, no point stopping using a tactic that is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah. Sure some of the lads on here were saying they got stickers and discounts in the WWE Shop without any prior notice of it or anything. The WWE Network is our greatest gift ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ooh stickers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I got a voucher for the US store (20 or 25 dollars, can't remember). Used it to get a Balor shirt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I got a $25 voicher for the wwe shop! That was something at least!

*Boxing Spoilers*

The WWE Universe lost a member:
    https://twitter.com/MichelleDBeadle/status/594736649289904128

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/594730860294893569

Michelle ignored Tyson's Hall of Fame induction and Steve Austin is her favourite Wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She has a bit of a point IMO, but I'm not defending her. Not two months ago was Triple H's wife tweeting about feminism and giving women a chance to succeed in the industry, and here he is worshipping a perrenial woman abuser.

Still, Beadle is an ignorant headcase and you're dead right with that last line, a tremendous hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Speaking of Lana they could be worried if they use CJ with those pics of her floating around of her with that name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sure it all depends on how useful you are to WWE in the present time. They could see past that.

There's this news too:

SEFOaHY.png

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/10/heres-something-you-didnt-expect-the-vince-mcmahon-center-for-women/

Very worthwhile gesture obviously prefer this over Susan G. Komen

• Advertisement

Such is their lack of depth Ambose and Harper is headlining their B Live Event lineups also ZAYN VS ROWAN:
    * Neville defeated Bad News Barrett

* The Primetime Players and Jimmy Uso defeated The Ascension and Heath Slater

* Damien Sandow defeated Bo Dallas

* Sami Zayn defeated Erick Rowan

* Ryback defeated Rusev with Lana

* Charlotte defeated Naomi with Tamina

* Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston with Big E lost against Tyson Kidd and Cesaro by disqualification in a tag team title match

* Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper in a No DQ match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reporting on him being an abuser and his history of violence against women got her and another female reporter banned from MGM Grand last night.

If she turns up at next years WM or HoF whatever journalistic credibility she wants to use in her reporting will be lost after that tweet to HHH imo.
    https://twitter.com/MichelleDBeadle/status/594535502159556608

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/594536450667974656

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Christ. It wasn't a placeholder. Straight from the official account. They've actually given him a WWE 2K15 Create-A-Wrestler theme, but stuck 'allelujah' in their again anyway for some reason. Maybe so you know it's him and not "Paddy the Rebel".

There's a Reddit rumour going around that Vince is going blind. Whether it is blind blind or he is just too stubborn to wear his glasses who knows. His peepers have to going he's 69 years old.

From the Roman Reigns doc:
    JointFailingAmericantoad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say it's Vince just being stubborn and refusing to wear his glasses, he's just goofing around with Brock in the Roman Reigns doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Some may say that he's been blind in some ways for a very long time...

He counter theory is that it was just super sunny. Brock is wearing shades for example.

I just think he was recovering from his injections:
    CEQMDmtW8AM7sZs.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    There's a Reddit rumour going around that Vince is going blind. Whether it is blind blind or he is just too stubborn to wear his glasses who knows. His peepers have to going he's 69 years old.

From the Roman Reigns doc:
    JointFailingAmericantoad.gif

His eyes have looked a bit Shawn Michaelsie for a while - like he has cataracts coming in or something

They edited out the curb stomp too:

cbgbnd.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Remind me again, why are we pretending that move never existed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Because in an age where the NFL is being sued for 100's millions of dollars due to repeated concussions and WWE have a very public tragedy in the recent past associated to them and concussions, having their new champ and a guy who has gotten mainstream publicity use a move where he stands on another persons head while driving it into the mat isnt wise from a publicity pov. Also its called the Curb Stomp and everyone knows the movie its associated with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Are they taking it off him O_O

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are they taking it off him O_O

It got taken off him a few weeks ago. Shame I really like the move but I can understand the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Surely the time to take the move off him is before deciding he's going to use it to win the title at Wrestlemania. Its not like anything changed between then and now.

I suppose going back to calling it Peace of Mind wouldn't have been good enough. Its a real shame cus he had gotten it over, looked excellent especially against Lesnar.

What is he using as a finish now?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

they will bring it back in a year or two dont worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Clemantis wrote: »
    What is he using as a finish now?

This mess of a pedigree/DDT move. Completely ludicrous and an empty gesture to remove a move in a worked sport where the opponent's head is a foot off the mat and controls how he hits it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

A bad bump and you're concussed,are they gonna ban bumping soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe because it's Goldust, but I read that as "Perverse"

bradlente wrote: »
    A bad bump and you're concussed,are they gonna ban bumping soon?

I hear they're going to go the route of Tag Rugby, grab three tags off your opponent and that counts as a pin. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I couldnt care less. Sandow has enough talent to get over with his own character and he is capable of being so much more than a Macho Man imitation.

Also Ive seen this before with Jay Lethal and its nothing new either. Sandow will be most likely saddled with this gimmick and it wont go anywhere. Any good work he did with The Miz will be undone in a few weeks.

WWE creative really cant think of anything better for him

Tbh, I utterly hate that after months and months, Sandow achieved zero progression, character wise, and is right back to where he began pre-Miz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I dunno,I'd usually agree that it'll go nowhere but Sandow's done brilliantly with everything he's been given,starting to think no matter what he's given he'll make it work,guy just knows how to make chicken salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's all leading to the main event of Summerslam, Macho Mandow Vs Axelmania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Holy crap that's actually brilliant.

Can't possibly be what they're going for then. :(

The current feud of Mandow & Axelmania vs the Ascension is pretty gas to be honest.

Savage and Hogan vs The Powers of Pain vibes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The current feud of Mandow & Axelmania vs the Ascension is pretty gas to be honest.

Savage and Hogan vs The Powers of Pain vibes.

Its gas will last all of a few weeks. He needs a real gimmick,not one plagiarizing someone elses. I agree hes talented and he will entertain me, but hes capable of far better gimmicks/feuds.

Wonder if we will see changes next week:

ab8ea263c454480522b9b10fa795a9f6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cena get back in the main event programme sooner rather than later.

Also Rollins will be a little concerned that he may be taking some flack as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I said a week or two ago I didn't think Rollins as champ was working. I do think he has it tough being assisted by two guys who are a comedy act and being made to look a complete geek whenever Stephanie is around.

He just doesn't have the presence yet imo. I think he will one day.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick the title on Reigns at the PPV. I had been under the impression that Rollins would carry the title until Summerslam where I figured he'd face off against Brock. But if Vince is doubting his ability to pop a rating then history suggests he won't be afraid to go in a radical new direction.

I wasn't interested remotely in the next PPV but these declining ratings suddenly have me very interested to see what way they go.

Its sad that this week's Raw was actually very good, but that the focus on New Day, Ambrose being added to the main event, Sami's debut and a bit more focus on CesaKidd will be the parts they work to "fix", while continuing to put a heavy push behind Kane, Orton et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In regards to Damian Sandow. Guy is very talented but like Cody Rhodes, he's saddled with a gimmick that will go nowhere. Comedy gimmicks are never taken seriously in Vince McMahon's eyes. Just let them be themselves, and develop their own characters I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I said a week or two ago I didn't think Rollins as champ was working. I do think he has it tough being assisted by two guys who are a comedy act and being made to look a complete geek whenever Stephanie is around.

He just doesn't have the presence yet imo. I think he will one day.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick the title on Reigns at the PPV. I had been under the impression that Rollins would carry the title until Summerslam where I figured he'd face off against Brock. But if Vince is doubting his ability to pop a rating then history suggests he won't be afraid to go in a radical new direction.

I wasn't interested remotely in the next PPV but these declining ratings suddenly have me very interested to see what way they go.

Not quite sure if Rollins is or isn't working as champ. I watched half of the raw after mania and I've not watched anything since. Been reading recaps and spoilers but that's it. What I do know is that Rollins being made champ was done as an afterthought because they booked themselves into a corner with Reigns. I generally try to be positive about the WWE because after all I only watch it for entertainment but Mania season was a washout and I can't be the only fan left feeling jaded by the whole thing. The Bryan - IC Title push appears dead in the water, the Cena - US title open challenges have been meaningless due to booking him against Rusev at upcoming PPV's, Kane/Show ugh. I've also always been of the opinion that the European tour so soon after Mania is a death knell to any kind of post mania momentum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement