Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

gaius c wrote: »
    Normans could be in trouble. Conceding games at home and expected to pull out of Div 10.

Think the same about UCD in div 7.....-2 points. Didn't field a team who is top of the table. Who now have 2 walkover wins from 5 games.

Part of me thinks its rediculous. But also part of me who played both teams this year feels like UCD would have been mauled. Not an excuse though. If you are going to enter a league then field a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Think the same about UCD in div 7.....-2 points. Didn't field a team who is top of the table. Who now have 2 walkover wins from 5 games.

Part of me thinks its rediculous. But also part of me who played both teams this year feels like UCD would have been mauled. Not an excuse though. If you are going to enter a league then field a team.
    It isnt as simple as if entering a league then field. And isnt UCD division 7 side their 4ths so weakest team so should be conceding and their 2nds, 3rds and both 20s sides fielded today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

It isnt as simple as if entering a league then field. And isnt UCD division 7 side their 4ths so weakest team so should be conceding and their 2nds, 3rds and both 20s sides fielded today.

D7 is UCD 4ths.

Normans could be in trouble. Conceding games at home and expected to pull out of Div 10.

Note there on Leinster site today saying Normans have withdrawn

D7 is UCD 4ths.
    I know. Thats what i said

• Advertisement

I know. Thats what i said

The way you'd phrased it made it seem like you were seeking clarification.

Misinterpretation on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Hi,

Would it be too late in the season to join a club? I moved to Drumcondra recently and am looking for somewhere to play socially, maybe 1/2 evenings a week. I haven't played since school, 6/7 years ago, so I wouldn't be at the highest standard. I don't have access to a car so am relying on public transport from either Drumcondra or from Dublin city centre after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

baboo800 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would it be too late in the season to join a club? I moved to Drumcondra recently and am looking for somewhere to play socially, maybe 1/2 evenings a week. I haven't played since school, 6/7 years ago, so I wouldn't be at the highest standard. I don't have access to a car so am relying on public transport from either Drumcondra or from Dublin city centre after work.

Clontarf only up the road from you! Depending on which end of drumcondra you are the bus will go from fairview. Or if you are up by Griffiths Ave its only a short walk (20 mins or so). Junior rugby in clontarf has many different levels so you will find a spot at your level no bothers. Pm me if you like I can put you in touch with one of the coaches

Hope to see ya down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Clontarf only up the road from you! Depending on which end of drumcondra you are the bus will go from fairview. Or if you are up by Griffiths Ave its only a short walk (20 mins or so). Junior rugby in clontarf has many different levels so you will find a spot at your level no bothers. Pm me if you like I can put you in touch with one of the coaches

Hope to see ya down there!

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Folks
    Just checking in ,
    Whats the story when the opposition have only
    14 players, were in Div 8
    The manager of the other team told us we had to drop a player to match them at the start & then the Ref agreed to it !
    So we we’re penalized for them not been organized !
    Seems tad unfair !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

devolution wrote: »
    Folks
    Just checking in ,
    The manager of the other team told us we had to drop a player to match them at the start & then the Ref agreed to it !
    Seems tad unfair !

Think they have to forfeit the points in that case though, so you get the win regardless of the result AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Folks
    Just checking in ,
    Seems tad unfair !

21.13 Division 6 and below. i. 4 points for a win, two points for a draw and one point for losing by 7 points or less. ii Minimum number on a team is 12 and maximum 15 on the pitch .iii if one team has more players than the other, in order to balance the sides- the team with the greater number of players may allow players to play on the opposing team. The team with the lesser number of players cannot compel the team with the greater number of players to give them players, but the game shall start with an equal number of players on both teams (i.e. the lower number of players).

Looks like you have to drop a player.

I think if it starts with 15 a side and they lose a player to injury you can carry on at 15 v 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

According to Branch , it was just a mistake by ref & we should have been ok to stay with 15,
    Rules about dropping only apply to youth Rugby .

Just to be aware of it !

Folks
    Just checking in,
    The manager of the other team told us we had to drop a player to match them at the start & then the Ref agreed to it!
    So we we’re penalized for them not been organized!
    Seems tad unfair!
    Its underage only that you have to drop to equal numbers but opposition do need to have more than 12 at adult level i think to start
    stephen_n wrote: »
    Think they have to forfeit the points in that case though, so you get the win regardless of the result AFAIK.
    Certainly not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Certainly not the case

Maybe not then, I know we played Monkstown a few seasons ago and they had to forfeit the points. Though they only had 12 players I think and we gave them a few to make up the numbers. So maybe that’s a different scenario I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

If you start without a Front Row in certain leagues you drop 2 points

GavMan wrote: »
    All bar the bottom few divisions(think its divisions 9/10/11) as theyre beginner/completely social competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Tuam J1s have 9 wins from 9 in J1B, have conceded 42 points (4.67 per game). Any similarly impressive records in other provinces?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

GavMan wrote: »

Not correct for metro leagues (bar 10 and 11). You start with 14 players and scrums are uncontested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

According to Branch , it was just a mistake by ref & we should have been ok to stay with 15,
    Rules about dropping only apply to youth Rugby .

Just to be aware of it !

According to branch's own regulations (21.13), it applies to division 6 and below in the men's metro leagues so whoever said that to you was wrong.

Also applies to Leinster seconds League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

According to branch's own regulations (21.13), it applies to division 6 and below in the men's metro leagues so whoever said that to you was wrong.

Also applies to Leinster seconds League.

Yeah the rule below

21.13 Division 6 and below. i. 4 points for a win, two points for a draw and one point for losing by 7 points or less. ii Minimum number on a team is 12 and maximum 15 on the pitch .iii if one team has more players than the other, in order to balance the sides- the team with the greater number of players may allow players to play on the opposing team. The team with the lesser number of players cannot compel the team with the greater number of players to give them players, but the game shall start with an equal number of players on both teams (i.e. the lower number of players).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Leagues all finished now except for Metro 1-3.

Looks like the makings of a great year for Old Wesley. Could reach 4 league finals if they win their last J1 game

Metro 1 (Lansdowne v Old Wesley/Old Belvedere)
    Metro 2 (Old Wesley v Blackrock/Greystones
    Metro 3 (Probably Skerries v Old Belvedere) Few games left here
    Metro 4 (Malahide v Old Wesley)
    Metro 5 (Greystones v Barnhall)
    Metro 6 (Old Belvedere v Old Wesley) Barnhall missing out on a final place on head to head
    Metro 7 (Seapoint v Tallaght)
    Metro 8 (Athy v Bective Rangers)
    Metro 9 (BGF Ravens v Emerald Warriors) I would say this is Warriors first metro final
    Metro 10 (Monkstown v St Marys College)
    Metro 11 (Clontarf v DLSP/Tallaght)

Leagues all finished now except for Metro 1-3.

Looks like the makings of a great year for Old Wesley. Could reach 4 league finals if they win their last J1 game

Metro 1 (Lansdowne v Old Wesley/Old Belvedere)
    Metro 2 (Old Wesley v Blackrock/Greystones
    Metro 3 (Probably Skerries v Old Belvedere) Few games left here
    Metro 4 (Malahide v Old Wesley)
    Metro 5 (Greystones v Barnhall)
    Metro 6 (Old Belvedere v Old Wesley) Barnhall missing out on a final place on head to head
    Metro 7 (Seapoint v Tallaght)
    Metro 8 (Athy v Bective Rangers)
    Metro 9 (BGF Ravens v Emerald Warriors) I would say this is Warriors first metro final
    Metro 10 (Monkstown v St Marys College)
    Metro 11 (Clontarf v DLSP/Tallaght)
    Thats very good going for wesley in particular their 3s and 4s playing metro2/4 finals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Thats very good going for wesley in particular their 3s and 4s playing metro2/4 finals

Yes definitely. Not sure if its been the same squad all along but that team now in the metro 4 final I think began around Div 7/8 4-5 years ago and had a few promotions in a row.

Yes definitely. Not sure if its been the same squad all along but that team now in the metro 4 final I think began around Div 7/8 4-5 years ago and had a few promotions in a row.
    Definitely strongest club in the city as they combine strong links with a feeder school as well as links with players moving to city through facilities in donnybrook being pretty good.
    Bective at other end of ground struggling in comparison with no feeder school and many minis who started their rugby there just never going back to the club after school if still playing as they'll go to so many stronger clubs nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Definitely strongest club in the city as they combine strong links with a feeder school as well as links with players moving to city through facilities in donnybrook being pretty good.
    Bective at other end of ground struggling in comparison with no feeder school and many minis who started their rugby there just never going back to the club after school if still playing as they'll go to so many stronger clubs nearby

I can think of a few clubs that would object to that statement

D14Rugby wrote: »
    On basis of the league results is what im saying they are.
    In finals of metro 2/4/6 and could also be in metro1 final.
    Quite far to say theyre strongest based on the success of each of their teams.
    What other reasons would you say other clubs are stronger?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

D14Rugby wrote: »

Nah, they're in the finals of metro 2/4 and 6, with their J1s top of metro 1 too and not to mention their AIL side are in a shot of getting into 1A.

Them and Mary's seem to have great structures and numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Faugheen wrote: »
    Nah, they're in the finals of metro 2/4 and 6, with their J1s top of metro 1 too and not to mention their AIL side are in a shot of getting into 1A.

Them and Mary's seem to have great structures and numbers.

How many sides are putting out 5 teams?

Clontarf, Wesley, Marys, Terenure, Barnhall?

Are Lansdowne?

It is some achievement to field that many and stay competitive too.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

How many sides are putting out 5 teams?

Clontarf, Wesley, Marys, Terenure, Barnhall?

Are Lansdowne?

It is some achievement to field that many and stay competitive too.

Tarf and Mary's have 6 teams if you include their AIL sides. Terenure did have a 6s team but they've pulled out of their league. Think Belvo have 5 too.

I think Emerald Warriors being in the met 9 final is brilliant for them. They were getting destroyed every week in division 11 only a few years ago and now they've two teams. Their seconds turn up and play too despite getting hammered every week. Have to respect that because other sides wouldn't bother.

Advertisement