Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's essentially an arcade shooter although it does have levels that you complete with the aim of "finishing" the game, though in reality it doesn't really finish as you go through it with tougher enemies and more weapon unlocks. I believe they call the genre a "roguelike" or something where you die often but gradually get more powerful.

Be sure also to travel to the sanctuaries by shooting a teleport arrow into the holes where the phantoms come from.

It's really tough on the shoulders and I find it a great workout. The crossbow that you unlock later makes it a lot easier on the shoulders though and offers a completely different type of gameplay.

I'm hooked now, I really want to get to heaven. Have anyone of you done this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Has anyone played Rush yet? I've already too many games to play but it looks pretty cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm hooked now, I really want to get to heaven. Have anyone of you done this yet?

I've played 60 hours and come close. To be honest I just enjoy the ride ;)

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Has anyone played Rush yet? I've already too many games to play but it looks pretty cool...

I've got it on my Go. Great sense of flying. Put a fan in front of you for full immersion !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

What's the general best practice for positioning the camera? I've a flat screen on TV stand. I've heard high and low recommendations.

What's your preference?

Thanks

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    What's the general best practice for positioning the camera? I've a flat screen on TV stand. I've heard high and low recommendations.

What's your preference?

Thanks

This and other tips are covered in the sticky: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057817119

I rarely see any discounts in PlayStation store for VR. Are they generally not discounted?

I rarely see any discounts in PlayStation store for VR. Are they generally not discounted?

This is the list of VR games on sale

https://psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?platform=all&sort=date

Yeah they often come up for sale, it's quite unusual not have a few on sale in fact, so this listing is the exception at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I'm getting this for Christmas, are there any games I should pick up now for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lads I'm getting this for Christmas, are there any games I should pick up now for it?

Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

Res Evil 7 if you don't have it already, amazing in VR.

Firewall Zero Hour and Farpoint, played with the gun controller is the only way IMO.

Red Matter looks really good, only released but you need the Move controllers for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Beat saber if you have the moves (pun intended)!

I've asked Santy for Moss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've asked Santy for Moss ;)

This is on my radar too. Im on the last world in Astrobot so need something quality to fill the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

is firewall only multiplayer? is it active? does it have voice chat?

gmg678 wrote: »
    is firewall only multiplayer? is it active? does it have voice chat?

It's primarily multiplayer.
    Yes seems quite active.
    Yes voice chat.

So Borderlands 2 is kicking ass ... unbelievably good content for PSVR at the moment, it's crazy and liable to bankrupt us!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So Borderlands 2 is kicking ass ... unbelievably good content for PSVR at the moment, it's crazy and liable to bankrupt us!

Have you been playing it yourself? Didn't get a chance to play it over the weekend but hoping to start into it soon. Would you recommend Dualshock or Move controllers?

Penn wrote: »
    Have you been playing it yourself? Didn't get a chance to play it over the weekend but hoping to start into it soon. Would you recommend Dualshock or Move controllers?

I haven't played it myself, just following videos online and reddit posts.

I have a major backlog so can afford to wait till it drops a bit in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Did you read the IGN review? :D

kerplun k wrote: »
    Did you read the IGN review? :D

No I missed it unfortunately.. I fear for a certain freelance journalist's future prospects.

Actually I don't fear for it all... I think he should decide on an alternative career like an undertaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Real people still visit IGN?

So just set my new VR up today and was slightly disappointed with it to begin with... the PS worlds depth dive video was my first experience.

but I've now played astrobot and a few other titles and I'm seriously impressed!

a little bit of nausea here and there.. especially on Wipeout, I had to put it down, but looking forward to getting back into it tomorrow.

I seem to experience an issue whereby I returned to the PS4 on rest mode and when I try to turn on the power on the PS4 headset only the two dots on the back of the headset illuminated for 2 seconds and then it was unresponsive. I had to restart the psvr and PS4 and then check out HDMI leads and then it's somehow worked again but it's a little worrying seeing as I just got the unit today..

quick question the VR in GT Sport seems to be just a box in front of me not for VR am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

quick question the VR in GT Sport seems to be just a box in front of me not for VR am I missing something?

You can't play the full game in VR, there's a section called VR showroom I think. It's calss, but only time trials are available.

You can't play the full game in VR, there's a section called VR showroom I think. It's calss, but only time trials are available.

OK cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

I've ordered the vr mega pack, should be ready to collect at Did by the weekend.

Includes a download copy of wipe out. However I already own this game. So a cheap download copy of this going if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AhSureYano

Would definitely be interested in Wipeout ya!

AhSureYano wrote: »

Great I'll send you a message once I get it. Should be tomorrow or Saturday at the latest provided DID aren't kidding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Enjoy that's a really good bundle to start off

AhSureYano wrote: »
    Great I'll send you a message once I get it. Should be tomorrow or Saturday at the latest provided DID aren't kidding me.

Got this this evening! PM Sent

• Advertisement

Got this this evening! PM Sent

Actually I just realised its one code for all of the games. So this is a non runner! Thanks anyway

Advertisement