Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Cuala have a team in the lowest division of Dublin hurling, division 9, no matter how big the club is those bottom teams are always looking for new players. Many teams would have a couple of players at that level who are completely inexperienced. Only thing to be intimidated by is the size of the club, might be harder to get into the social aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheSprocketCo

Cuala have a team in the lowest division of Dublin hurling, division 9, no matter how big the club is those bottom teams are always looking for new players. Many teams would have a couple of players at that level who are completely inexperienced. Only thing to be intimidated by is the size of the club, might be harder to get into the social aspect of it.

Lovely, thanks a mil! Appreciated. I'm clueless.

So do I just fire off an email to their club sec and ask about joining?

Lovely, thanks a mil! Appreciated. I'm clueless.

So do I just fire off an email to their club sec and ask about joining?

Yeah although with a big club like that you might try contact the manager of their lowest team directly, usually they have contact details on the website. Or CC a few committee members in the one email so that one or other of them get back to you quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Civil Service Hurling club are looking for new players for 2018

Fielding two teams and located in our club grounds of thr War Memorial Park, Islandbridge we welcome hurlers of all levels and nationalities!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Idontmind7

Hi All,

Anyone interested in playing for a senior women's football club in ballyfermot, league starts the end of may and will run for the summer months.
    All players welcome, PM me for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sweirdo

Hi everyone,
    I was looking to try out and maybe get into camogie. The thing is, I'm 22 and have never in my life played before, so I don't know if there is any club or group of people that would take on someone like me that would only be able to play on a very casual level.
    I'm living in Cork, Glanmire at the moment, but moving in about a month (not sure where to).
    If anyone has any idea on how to make this work, I'm open for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GSB93

Hi everyone,
    I was thinking about getting back in to camogie but haven't played in a fairly long time and need to get my fitness up too after a couple of injuries. So probably looking for something lower level at the moment around South Dublin if anyone knows anywhere that I could train with. Or looking for coaches for junior teams too give me a shout as I would be interested in getting involved with that too! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

GSB93 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I was thinking about getting back in to camogie but haven't played in a fairly long time and need to get my fitness up too after a couple of injuries. So probably looking for something lower level at the moment around South Dublin if anyone knows anywhere that I could train with. Or looking for coaches for junior teams too give me a shout as I would be interested in getting involved with that too! Thanks :)

Hey my club is Kilmacud Crokes web have a good Camogie set up. Anne Noctor 087 222 6949 would be the contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Looking to start hurling again in the new year, in Stillorgan/Sandyford area so Crokes or Naomh Olafs seem the obvious choices, how many teams would these clubs have?

Anonymou wrote: »
    Looking to start hurling again in the new year, in Stillorgan/Sandyford area so Crokes or Naomh Olafs seem the obvious choices, how many teams would these clubs have?

Crokes have about five adult teams at this stage.

• Advertisement

Crokes have about five adult teams at this stage.

Great thanks, something to cater for everyone so! Would be hoping to play something competitive enough but allows for the rustiness of not having played in a few years haha

Great thanks, something to cater for everyone so! Would be hoping to play something competitive enough but allows for the rustiness of not having played in a few years haha

Well even the AHL 9 is some way competitive, but if you're up to it you'll be called up to a higher level fairly quickly anyway, I've no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In the process of moving home from the States to somewhere around Dublin and looking to join a hurling club from January.

Played over here this year, mainly as a way of meeting people (hadn't played since minor and I'm in my early 30s). Absolutely loved it though the standard was pretty low which suited me the finest!

Mad to get back into it at home (hopefully play for the next few years if I'm enjoying it). Can anyone recommend a club? Happy to travel anywhere I can get a game (Junior B or ideally lower!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2018

Club Name:St James Gaels/An Caislean
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played: (Junior D Championship/Division 11 South League)
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are looking for looking new players for our Division 11 team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlite pitch, astro pitch and floodlite training area .

We will be starting training in early January and will train at least one night a week in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road. We are targeting players who haven’t played in a few years and who are looking to get back into football. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October. Games are usually Thursday evenings or Sunday afternoons. We will have plenty challenge games in between league games. We also have Divison 7 for anyone looking to play at a higher grade.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J. We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com or PM myself

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Pre -Season will commence in January

Junior B contact
    cillianfoley@hotmail.com Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daithideb

I'm involved with Na Gaeil Óga if you're interested. We are after getting promoted the last three years on the bounce and are now hurling Junior C. We train in Phoenix Park.

Our club operates through the medium of Irish, so if you were interested in hurling with the cupla focail it could be a great fit. A lot of the lads start off with rusty Irish, so I wouldn't let that stop you. Just a willingness to use whatever you have.

Drop me a message with your email if interested and I can send you on more info.

v3ttel wrote: »
    In the process of moving home from the States to somewhere around Dublin and looking to join a hurling club from January.

Played over here this year, mainly as a way of meeting people (hadn't played since minor and I'm in my early 30s). Absolutely loved it though the standard was pretty low which suited me the finest!

Mad to get back into it at home (hopefully play for the next few years if I'm enjoying it). Can anyone recommend a club? Happy to travel anywhere I can get a game (Junior B or ideally lower!).

Realt Dearg play and train in Drimnagh Castle school, nice small club, although with three teams on the go now I wonder is it still "small", but they all train together and there's a really great, welcoming atmosphere to the club, and a fantastic spirit to it even if I do say so myself. Our highest team will be Junior A this year after being promoted, second team play D and third play Junior F, so you'd be able to find your level either way. You can PM me and I'll give you more info, but the easiest would be to email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com as I'm no longer involved in the club since moving abroad a few years ago.

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2019
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Level played: Adult Football League 11 South
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or killianfoley@outlook.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are seeking new members to join our club. We are interested in players of all abilities, first time footballers and players looking to get back playing again. Many of our players are first time Gaelic football players of all ages.
    We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities.
    This is our second team, we compete in Adult Football League 11 South, which is currently the lowest adult football league. Our first team compete in Adult Football League 7 and are also recruiting new players. Training for AFL11 team will take place on Monday evenings in the Iveagh Grounds. Matches are played on Sunday afternoons or Thursday evenings during the summer. The season runs from February to September.
    We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year. So all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com
    Contact - killianfoley@outlook.com

V3ttel, tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Thanks for the heads up, cleared out some space now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OwenTBuckley

Club Name: St Joseph’s O’Connell Boys Dublin

Location: 31A Seville Place (clubhouse), Fairview Park (home pitch)
    Code (hurling/football/handball): hurling and football
    Level played: Junior
    Contact details: P.J. Brennan, M: 087 631 6070

Info: Inner city club playing in Fairview Park looking for players all of all skills levels and abilities. Joey’s are a welcoming club with players from all over Ireland. No matter your age, fitness or football experience, you'll be welcome at a Porto training session.
    Why join Joey’s? Find your place among a mix of skilled inner-city Dubs and players from throughout the country. With players welcome from any county Joey’s has space for your playing style.

Facebook; @stjosephsocb.dublin
    Twitter handle; @StJosephsOCB

• Advertisement

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels/An Caislean 2019
    Level played: Adult Football League 11 South
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or killianfoley@outlook.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are seeking new members to join our club. We are interested in players of all abilities, first time footballers and players looking to get back playing again. Many of our players are first time Gaelic football players of all ages.
    We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities.
    This is our second team, we compete in Adult Football League 11 South, which is currently the lowest adult football league. Our first team compete in Adult Football League 7 and are also recruiting new players. Training for AFL11 team will take place on Monday evenings in the Iveagh Grounds. Matches are played on Sunday afternoons or Thursday evenings during the summer. The season runs from February to September.
    We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year. So all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com
    Contact - killianfoley@outlook.com

St James Gaels/An Caislean pre-season in Drimnagh Castle begins Sunday morning @11

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GSB93

Looking for a senior women's camoige side to get involved with around south Dublin if anyone knows of anyone looking for a few bodies ? Really looking to train and get the fitness back up and rustiness gone at the moment haven't played in a fair few years. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stmikesgfc

St. Mikes ladies team in Toronto are currently recruiting for the 2019 season. If you’re planning on moving to Toronto and want to get involved everything you need to know is below.

About St. Mikes Ladies
    The club itself is well established in the city. We are competitive in the Toronto GAA league and championship having made the finals of both for the past number of years and winning championship titles in ’15, ’16 and ’17. We train usually on Wednesday evenings at a location that is accessible by subway or bus from downtown. We’re a small, close knit panel with a great group of girls and a great mix of Irish and Canadian players who love the sport. We set a high standard for ourselves and balance our hard work on the field with plenty of social nights out throughout the year and club trips away. We always welcome any new players looking to get involved and will do our best to help you settle into the city.

If you would like to join us for the 2019 season or just want more information about the team or please contact us:

Facebook: St. Michael's Hurling and Football Club

About GAA in Toronto
    The season runs from May - September.
    The ladies league consists of 5 teams with Ottawa entering along with the 4 Toronto based ladies clubs. The championship in normally contested with just the 4 Toronto teams and is quite competitive. While the finalists of the league and championship have been the same for the past few years the standard is quickly becoming even across all clubs and the 2019 season is very much open.
    There are around 10 games per season between league and championship with the majority of games played on Saturdays. Only the championship semi-final and final are on Sundays. All teams play in the one location in Centennial Park in Etobicoke which is accessible by subway and bus.

The GAA over here has a really great balance of competitive action and a great social scene. It really is the best way to get to know people and dive into life in Toronto.

What you will need to play
    If you are currently registered with a club in Ireland or anywhere abroad you will need either a sanction or a transfer to play.

The deadline to apply for these is July 1st and all information can be found at on the LGFA website in the lgfa-hub under the international section.

- If you’re not sure which one to apply for you send us an email and we can advise you.
    The most important thing to remember if you are applying for a sanction is that you need a specific type of 2 year travel insurance which must be purchased before you leave Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Join the club local to your home. Always the best way. Where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Moved up to Dublin recently or wish to sign yourself or family up?

Templeogue Synge Street Gaelic Football Club

Dolphin Park Dublin 8, This is our primary home ground. On the Crumlin Road between Loreto School and the Canal on the fire station side.

Our Club Owned facility at Dolphin Park consists of 2 Adult Pitches and 4 Juvenile Cross Pitches.

Bushy Park, Templeogue Road opposite Terenure College

Our Club has 1 Adult pitch and 2 Juvenile Pitches in Bushy Park.

VEC Grounds, Templeogue Road between Bushy Park and Terenure Village on Left hand side.

Our Club uses 4 Juvenile Pitches in VEC Terenure.

White Fathers, Cypress Grove Road, Templeogue.

(Coming from Templeogue Village turn right at Templeogue Bridge, then take next left. Straight ahead of you is the White Fathers Complex. Our pitch is to the left of the complex.).

Our Club uses this for Academy on Saturday Mornings when Bushy is unplayable and for Training of our Juvenile Teams.

Mens and Boys
    Most of the lads live in Templeogue/Terenure/Rathfarnham/Kimmage so lifts are a plenty to Dolphin

Senior team just got promoted to Division One
    Players to note Denis Bastik Eoghan O'Gara and Niall Scully
    Junior 1 play in AFL 5
    Junior 2 play in AFL9
    Under 21
    Minor
    Teams from under 8-16s This season two boys teams at each age group u13s,u14s,u15s and under 16s
    Academy (5-7 year olds Boys and Girls) Bushy Park Saturday.

Women and Girls
    Two Senior Ladies teams
    Minor Ladies
    U8s-u16s
    Academy (5-7 year olds Boys and Girls) Bushy Park Saturday.

Social Media
    https://twitter.com/Tempsyngest
    https://www.instagram.com/templeoguesyngestreet/
    https://www.facebook.com/Templeogue-Synge-Street-GFC-227723660728853/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
    Website http://www.tssgfc.com
    email:briandotkelly@gmail.com

Feel free to pm me here also
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Idontmind7

Hi all,

Allenwood ladies senior team are looking to recruit new players this year . Please contact our Facebook page Allenwood Celtic ladies or contact me here for more information

You must be turning 16 or over in this year to be eligible to play . Our age range currently varies from 16-38. This is a fabulous group of girls and excellent social outlet and thoroughly great fun ⚽️⚽️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Might be of interest to someone but Tralee Parnells hurling club are now fielding at adult level. Info on Facebook etc

Just on the topic of transfers, haven't played since minor at home club 6/7 years ago, is there a need to go through the transfer process when joining new club?

Just on the topic of transfers, haven't played since minor at home club 6/7 years ago, is there a need to go through the transfer process when joining new club?

Is your new club outside your home county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Yes a transfer is still needed

Advertisement