Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Irish DJ

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭DISCOTEKKEN

ianuss wrote: »
    Fair enough. Lock this thread up so.

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

TR-One are the best Irish DJs, and that is a fact.

Any links to mixes???? I have to say i have never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Any links to mixes???? I have to say i have never heard of them.

Here's a great EP from them

http://soundcloud.com/pogorecordings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No mention of Tonie Walsh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Nolanger wrote: »
    No mention of Tonie Walsh? :D

I remember Tonie Walsh alright played in Sides in the early days and im sure i seen him in the Shaft before as well, i think he used to play at some of the earlier party's in gay bars like the George too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 seanoc2011

jonny68 wrote: »
    This should generate some interest,over the years ive liked a lot of Irish DJ's there is some real talent out there and some of them should've made it big but didn't cos Ireland is a smaller country compared to the UK or Germany,anyway probably the most underated and IMO the best is Liam Dollard,i remember him from the glory days of Sides in the early/mid 1990's,to the Temple Of Sound,etc,etc,etc and he has always been top notch,and i love his style of House Music as well.

There are obviously many more quality Irish DJ's out there like Mick Walsh,Johnny Moy,Francois,Warren Kiernan,David Holmes (although he lost the plot a few years ago making mad music for film soundtracks)Paddy Sheridan,Mark Kavanagh,Billy Scurry,Col Hamilton, etc,who's your fav then?;)

ps-not forgetting the langers,quality dj's Greg Dowling and Shane Johnson
    fav radio djs.... rob g, ryan o'neill, tony d rest in peace. jimjim nugent, nikki hayes, mel b

• Registered Users Posts: 24 malafela

chymera anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

malafela wrote: »
    chymera anyone?
    he's a good producer, as are Boxcutter and Space Dimension Controller. They'd be the best in my eyes, but regards DJs, Sunil Sharpe is the best by a long shot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Not sure about the best but i see an awful lot of overrated ****ebags being mentioned in this thread.

Francois was definitely quality in his day though, Joe McGrath as well.
    In terms of D n' B, Executive Steve is one of the top dogs, as has already been mentioned.
    Stevie G from Cork (ex-Henry's) knows his music big time and deserves a mention as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

colm kenefick by a long long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Sunil Sharpe is the best by a long shot for me.

Anytime I've heard him he's played way too many old tracks which, IMO at least, have had their day

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

eomac!!

few names mentioned i didnt realise were irish..

Fan of Chymera, Gavin Boyce also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PaddyMsGoat

Terry Wogan is my favourite Irish DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Barry Redsetta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Not sure about the best but i see an awful lot of overrated ****ebags being mentioned in this thread.

Francois was definitely quality in his day though, Joe McGrath as well.
    In terms of D n' B, Executive Steve is one of the top dogs, as has already been mentioned.
    Stevie G from Cork (ex-Henry's) knows his music big time and deserves a mention as well.

+1 on Stevie. Glad somebody mentioned him, he has been going strong for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Barry Redsettaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Eoghan Young was on of my favorites in the late 90's early 00's. Had some great nights in the Kitchen, HQ & Columbia Mills. He disappeared off the scene and the last I heard he was living in Galway.

Currently like the stuff that Gavin Herlihy is releasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Jay Pidgeon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 davidod

Lumbo wrote: »
    Eoghan Young was on of my favorites in the late 90's early 00's. Had some great nights in the Kitchen, HQ & Columbia Mills. He disappeared off the scene and the last I heard he was living in Galway.

So happy to hear someone mention Eoghan Young.

Eoghan Young, Shay Hannon, Hugh Scully, Casper, Keith O'Reilly, Scott McNaughton, Podge, Mark Dixon and Liam Fitz shaped my taste in music when tapes, clubs and half remembered saturday nights determined your next shopping spree......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

davidod wrote: »
    So happy to hear someone mention Eoghan Young.

Eoghan Young, Shay Hannon, Hugh Scully, Casper, Keith O'Reilly, Scott McNaughton, Podge, Mark Dixon and Liam Fitz shaped my taste in music when tapes, clubs and half remembered saturday nights determined your next shopping spree......

Seen Eoghan at the Luas stop this morning :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jkh

Ben carvosso we use to get a bus up to Dundalk from Dublin to pa's

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Steviesol

Lumbo wrote: »

Yea Eoghan Young brought that disco house to Dublin at the time, early 00's. He used to play phenomenal sets in the red box and power fm.

I always wondered where he got those records.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but Google brought me here as I wondered what ever became of eoghan young.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ronan C from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Surprised Billy Scurry or Arveene haven't been mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

I would offer up,

Ed Case
    Pressure
    Warren K

And one of my all time favorite DJ's that could really diversify his mixes from cracking house to seriously hard Techno,

Jay Carey.......... Best mix in my opinion back then was 'Ignorance'

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irishinbriglol

... youre rite there - he made money for sure - making more money than anyone else through running a dj agency doesn't make you the best Irish dj though - it just means he was in the right place at the right time to make money through his agency position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

duploelabs wrote: »
    Surprised Billy Scurry or Arveene haven't been mentioned
    Yeah Billy is top of the pile for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

I would offer up,

Ed Case
    Pressure
    Warren K

And one of my all time favorite DJ's that could really diversify his mixes from cracking house to seriously hard Techno,

Jay Carey.......... Best mix in my opinion back then was 'Ignorance'

I forgot to put Francois Pittion on that list,

Not doing so because i know Francois frequents this forum, but because he delivered some of the greatest nights i ever had mid 90's.

I was and Asylum regular for the duration of its existence, after it closed we found our way eventually to the waterfront (Thats what we called it, otherwise know as Columbia mills/UFO)

First time i ever hear Dont Laugh was there, had some amazing nights there thanks to Francois.

Advertisement