Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Irish DJ

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

senan s wrote: »
    col hamiltion, self proclaimed favourite, he's an absolute arsehole

Never found him to be that when I've dealt with him...

Favourite would have to be John O'Callaghan, probably the biggest dance export the Republic has had this decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    Liam Dollard stone wall winner for me

When i started to go to sides you couldn't just walk up to the door and stroll in, you were greeted by a locked door and if you couldn't get somone to vouch for ya you couldn't get in.

I was only 14 the first time i went in and since then (19 years later) i've never found a better club, better atomosphere or music that was played in sides.

I've also never heard a better dj then liam dollard, the tracks he played were played by other djs months later, he was always one step ahead of the pack, never heard him play one bad set either.

Liked warren k too but none of the rest even come close. Scurry was an arogant ****, i hated the music pressure played and all the clanks that followed him around the place. I had about 1000 12"s way back when and mick walsh bought them all of me when i packed it in so he's alright :D

This track reminds me of liam dollard, he made is it own and its a good reflection of his style. was one of only a few tracks that i could never get on vinyl but its well converted and over played now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE451_N5AM
    Have to agree with you mate,always will have a softspot for Dollard,when he was at the helm in sides the place was magic,his taste in music was second to none.There was other good djs but at the time when i was goin in 91 92 he was king,the rest were playin catch up,pity he doesnt seem to play anywere anymore.Good to see someone agreein with me,sides went **** when mick walsh and co.took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Chymera or Donnacha Costello are both getting big support now, as are Hystereo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 diditwork

Are you all mad.

John O Callaghan by miles...
    Bryan Kearney is class to......

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Class if you like trance......which is pants

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Class if you like trance......which is pants

Funny how we regularly get the 'trance is for kids' mantra repeated on here, and then wonderfully 'mature' comments like that.

Each to their own. Personally I couldn't spend more than ten minutes listening to half the DJs mentioned in this thread play without my ears bleeding, but thats me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pablo Discochop

Rhythm Technologies
    Luke Logan
    Necksnapper
    Dance Pig
    D Tek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rhythm Technologies
    Luke Logan

Oul Luke hasnt played out in years, gave up the whole "scene" god bless him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pablo Discochop

Fieldog wrote: »
    Oul Luke hasnt played out in years, gave up the whole "scene" god bless him!
    Really?
    I seen him in Dublin a few years back beat juggling Adam Beyer Remainings 3.That was pretty good.And he use to play in the Forum here Waterford a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭DISCOTEKKEN

So who are peoples current favourites??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

At the moment i'm loving the Sounds of DUB'D OUT. Not sure if anyone's heard of them but they Produce as well and they have some great Bootlegs and Originals of their own. More on the Commercial side of House but they play underground stuff as well at gigs. Great little Duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Of course you're loving your own sound.

Of course you're loving your own sound.

Hahah no not me. DubDJ = Dublin DJ Not DUB'D OUT.

This is DUB'D OUT

Must be good if their playing in the Wright Venue

Must be good if their playing in the Wright Venue

Yeah they done support for Laidback Luke and that in the past at the Wright Venue. There the only really Irish DJ's I can think of that I like at the moment.

I was being sarcastic, I can think of plenty that support far better acts than that lad. Each to their own I guess.

I was being sarcastic, I can think of plenty that support far better acts than that lad. Each to their own I guess.

Wright Venue is one of the biggest clubs in Dublin at the moment. Another is Tripod. They've played in both a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

DubDJ wrote: »
    Hahah no not me. DubDJ = Dublin DJ Not DUB'D OUT.

This is DUB'D OUT
    Jesus
    I listened to that Martin Solveig/Laidback Luke Bootleg.
    Its ****ing ****e,Not interested in anything else there doing after that,and Im partial to a bit of fromage
    Spotted that they did a remix of Adele's Rolling in the deep.
    I wont even bother to listen to that

seannash wrote: »
    Jesus
    I listened to that Martin Solveig/Laidback Luke Bootleg.
    Its ****ing ****e,Not interested in anything else there doing after that,and Im partial to a bit of fromage
    Spotted that they did a remix of Adele's Rolling in the deep.
    I wont even bother to listen to that

Each to their own. I'm sure I wouldn't like the hack of some of your favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Lenny wrote: »
    im dissapointed not to se arveenes name come up more hes a genius the fella just gettin better and better!

Arveene is still the only DJ to make me walk out of a club before the main act started.

Wouldn't rate him in the slightest.
    Wright Venue is one of the biggest clubs in Dublin at the moment. Another is Tripod. They've played in both a few times.

Where is this Wright Venue?

Never heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Fieldog wrote: »
    In my early days it was Darren Flynn, Barry and Dean who made me pick up a set of decks in my youth!

Nowadays Sunil Sharpe is my favorite Irish Dj, without a shadow of a doubt, we've no Techno Export like him, usually makes a mockery of whatever big name dj he supports!

I seen him a few times, he's unreal. He's also brilliant with the vinyls in all city, a great man to ask for tunes.

Where is this Wright Venue?

Never heard of it.

It's out in Swords... lovely place. A lot of snobs in the place but the door staff are surprisingly ok and aren't into turning people down for no reason. Unlike most bouncers at nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Isnt it that snobby poser wánkers place out in swords.

Isnt it that snobby poser wánkers place out in swords.

Yeah but i'm from beside summer hill and it's not posh at all I tell ya. And I know a lot from my area that go. Bouncers let them in and there's rarely any trouble when i've been there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Sunil Sharpe
    Executive Steve off here is deadly too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Kormac deserves a mention too, for he can throw any genres together and make it work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Ragin' Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Handsome Paddy, Nic James, Kormac, Gavin Feeney, Philth, Averill, Tu-Ki, Bingo, to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭DISCOTEKKEN

TR-One are the best Irish DJs, and that is a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Fair enough. Lock this thread up so.

Advertisement