Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS II

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Tileman

100% They will cream off the grant money. No need for them to know it's a grant job at all, but make sure the job is done to grant spec. Have a good look at the spec documents on the dept website

I lodged a fencing application in feb. It’s still at local office under RASS since mid may. Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Tileman wrote: »
    I lodged a fencing application in feb. It’s still at local office under RASS since mid may. Very frustrating

Ring your local AES office. There contact details should be on the approval letter.

Aravo wrote: »
    Ring your local AES office. There contact details should be on the approval letter.

I didn’t get an approval letter yet. Sur it’s still at RASS stage. Must try give them a call though

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

I didn’t get an approval letter yet. Sur it’s still at RASS stage. Must try give them a call though

I had a previous Tams application waiting for approval for ages. It was pre covid so I called into office and got speaking with someone and the following week got the approval letter. If you do telephone them make sure to get the name of who you are dealing with.

Aravo wrote: »
    I had a previous Tams application waiting for approval for ages. It was pre covid so I called into office and got speaking with someone and the following week got the approval letter. If you do telephone them make sure to get the name of who you are dealing with.

Just see on line that my application was not selected. Well feck it anyway. Don’t know why I wasn’t selected. Qualify as young farmer.
    May wait for the letter .
    I had fencing it at the bench mark rate €5.84 for sheep wire and one strand on barb wire. Surely there is no point in going below the rate is there as that’s what frs etc are charging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just see on line that my application was not selected. Well feck it anyway. Don’t know why I wasn’t selected. Qualify as young farmer.
    I had fencing it at the bench mark rate €5.84 for sheep wire and one strand on barb wire. Surely there is no point in going below the rate is there as that’s what frs etc are charging.

The further below the rate you go, the better chance you have of qualifying, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I heard it’s getting very hard to get an application approved. The money is running out it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

5.34 is the max

Did I read correctly that TAMS is finished this year? I had assumed it was an ongoing thing? I’m eligible for the 60% grant and was planning to build a shed and some roadways in the next few years.

Is there talk of the next set of grants after? Madness really how the 60% grant is still being heavily promoted even to those only doing the green cert now yet won’t be available when they finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

Did I read correctly that TAMS is finished this year? I had assumed it was an ongoing thing? I’m eligible for the 60% grant and was planning to build a shed and some roadways in the next few years.

Is there talk of the next set of grants after? Madness really how the 60% grant is still being heavily promoted even to those only doing the green cert now yet won’t be available when they finish.

Get planning first and get your application in then asap.....thats circa 6 months before approval

You've 12 months then to complete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Had you many metres on the application if you don't mind me asking? Theres been a lot of rejections from that tranche on not making the minimum scoring points. Looking like the TAMS money pot might be nearly dry!

50HX wrote: »
    Get planning first and get your application in then asap.....thats circa 6 months before approval

You've 12 months then to complete

Not in a position to do it at the moment, I was planning this for 2 - 3 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I'm still waiting on approval. Hoping to get the green light by the end of the month.

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Had you many metres on the application if you don't mind me asking? Theres been a lot of rejections from that tranche on not making the minimum scoring points. Looking like the TAMS money pot might be nearly dry!

1500 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Are applications still open for this till the end of the year?

Looking a a few bits. Assume all can go on one application. Mixed bag like

Calf dehorning crate
    Leg scoop
    Meal bin
    Maybe fence old slurry pit.

Do you have to get quotations for the work first?

Best off getting agri advisor to prepare?

Better of waiting till next year and see what the next scheme brings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I was thinking of putting in 4 new gang slats, do they qualify?
    Also a new crush?

Advertisement