Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

Rang today and was told that it would be at least two months. Have been told that since last November. What I don't get is why the dairy lads were giving aprovel for work to be done but the rest of us are told that they are waiting on a computer system. Bollix me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

I wouldn't complain if I was you. People who got pre approval went away paid for the work and are now waiting 8 months for payment it looks like. I only put in tank...no work to be done so that might be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gazahayes

valtra2 wrote: »
    Rang today and was told that it would be at least two months. Have been told that since last November. What I don't get is why the dairy lads were giving aprovel for work to be done but the rest of us are told that they are waiting on a computer system. Bollix me thinks

See on agfood my application comes up afit approved on Friday so it must be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Has anyone received approval yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

I hope to get an application in for a 2 bay slatted shed before the next deadline at the end of September.
    For those of you who have already applied over the last year just wondering did ye do the application yourselves or get an agri advisor/agent to do it for you ?

Also for those of you that did it yourselves did ye find it hard to do the farmyard sketch etc.

Also any advice or recommendations would be appreciated as I don't really want the extra expense of someone to do my application if I can do it myself.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Sami23 wrote: »
    I hope to get an application in for a 2 bay slatted shed before the next deadline at the end of September.
    For those of you who have already applied over the last year just wondering did ye do the application yourselves or get an agri advisor/agent to do it for you ?

Also for those of you that did it yourselves did ye find it hard to do the farmyard sketch etc.

Also any advice or recommendations would be appreciated as I don't really want the extra expense of someone to do my application if I can do it myself.
    Thanks

Have you planning permission obtained for the shed?

Yes planning permission is got so ready to apply at last

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

How did ye do the farm yard plan. Did people do it themselves (how did you do it) or outsource? What kind of money to get someone to draw it?

What kind of detail is required? Where can I find out more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Yes planning permission is got so ready to apply at last

in my case the drawings for the planning were used again then for the grant application. Think the fellow who did the planning drawings for me said that the yard plan had to be a certain scale so would be acceptable for the grant application too.

I'm with Teagasc so went to my advisor then once had planning in order to do up the grant application. He told me that teagasc had outsourced all this work to some other crowd and would give them my number to contact me but they were very busy! Looked it up online and seemed to be fairly hefty fee for this too. Heard nothing and followed up with teagasc but still heard nothing so said F this and went at it myself.

Printed off and read all the guidance docs and rules, started messing about with a draft application on the online system and think figured it out ok in the end - but not approved yet so potential still there to have made a balls of it!!! Looks complicated enough at first but ok in end. Don't even bother ringing that technical helpline though - very nice to talk to but they have no useful information for tricky questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

in my case the drawings for the planning were used again then for the grant application. Think the fellow who did the planning drawings for me said that the yard plan had to be a certain scale so would be acceptable for the grant application too.

I'm with Teagasc so went to my advisor then once had planning in order to do up the grant application. He told me that teagasc had outsourced all this work to some other crowd and would give them my number to contact me but they were very busy! Looked it up online and seemed to be fairly hefty fee for this too. Heard nothing and followed up with teagasc but still heard nothing so said F this and went at it myself.

Printed off and read all the guidance docs and rules, started messing about with a draft application on the online system and think figured it out ok in the end - but not approved yet so potential still there to have made a balls of it!!! Looks complicated enough at first but ok in end. Don't even bother ringing that technical helpline though - very nice to talk to but they have no useful information for tricky questions.

Allot of stuff not approved as yet, hopefully it'll be sorted soon

• Advertisement

If you got planning permission you shouldn't need to draw a farmyard sketch
    - you should be able to use the site layout submitted for PP. It has to be at a scale of 1/500 or won't be accepted. Drawings of shed to be at 1/100 or 1/200.
    A lot of drawings which were used to obtain planning are being returned by the dept of ag as not having enough details.

An example of this is if you have a central feed passage and dimension the width of the feed passage as between the 2 poles it will be unacceptable- the width of the feed passage has to be taken from the outside of one stanchion to the outside of the stanchion on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Is there grant available for cubicle shed ?
    And is there a time frame the work has to be completed after approval? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Is there grant available for cubicle shed ?
    And is there a time frame the work has to be completed after approval? Thanks

3years

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topaha

Hello folks,

I got approval for TAMS II - applied by the 25 March '16 deadline.

Can anyone tell me if the Approved costs listed on approval letter would be including or excluding VAT?

Just quick query on total roof area for say 2 bay slatted area plus a feed passage. Is it just the combined floor areas of these 2 added together or is it more to account for slope on roof ? As is would b bigger than floor area ?

Just quick query on total roof area for say 2 bay slatted area plus a feed passage. Is it just the combined floor areas of these 2 added together or is it more to account for slope on roof ? As is would b bigger than floor area ?

For planning purposes the external dimensions were used on my application, so the footprint of the building, the pitch of the roof didn't matter for that issue. I got the exemption as it was (just) under 200m2 and i didn't have 100m2 of farm buildings in existence.

For the grant, the internal floor area is taken. DAFM apply a rate per m2 to the development and the internal floor area will obviously be smaller than total footprint (When the footprint of walls are taken out.) so bear this in mind when drawing up plans.

Mine were kinda rushed in as i wanted to have something in place for this winter so it wasn't the complete finished detail that i wanted. I want to go with gates internally where there are walls shown on the drawings but only got round to confirming this after the application was submitted. It might be small beans in the greater scheme of things (Sorry, i know some people have missed out entirely for completely arbitrary reasons) but i've lost out on around €1,000 of approved costs because the footprint of a 50mm gate is less than that of a 200mm wall.

EDIT: I've heard back from DAFM about my own query above. The Approved Costs were Excl. VAT as expected.

topaha wrote: »

For planning purposes the external dimensions were used on my application, so the footprint of the building, the pitch of the roof didn't matter for that issue. I got the exemption as it was (just) under 200m2 and i didn't have 100m2 of farm buildings in existence.

For the grant, the internal floor area is taken. DAFM apply a rate per m2 to the development and the internal floor area will obviously be smaller than total footprint (When the footprint of walls are taken out.) so bear this in mind when drawing up plans.

Mine were kinda rushed in as i wanted to have something in place for this winter so it wasn't the complete finished detail that i wanted. I want to go with gates internally where there are walls shown on the drawings but only got round to confirming this after the application was submitted. It might be small beans in the greater scheme of things (Sorry, i know some people have missed out entirely for completely arbitrary reasons) but i've lost out on around 1,000 of approved costs because the footprint of a 50mm gate is less than that of a 200mm wall.

EDIT: I've heard back from DAFM about my own query above. The Approved Costs were Excl. VAT as expected.

So are you saying that for my 2 bay slatted shed I need to leave out the 50mm from the footprint for the dividing gate between the two pens ?

So are you saying that for my 2 bay slatted shed I need to leave out the 50mm from the footprint for the dividing gate between the two pens ?

No, sorry, i wasn't clear enough. The walls in question in my case were between the slatted area and the creep area behind. DAFM have put a m2 quantity against 'Slatted area' as 1 measurement, wall to wall, pen dividers not included, and another m2 quantity against 'Loose Housing' wall to wall, gates pen dividers not included.

So what i would say, and i'm definitely no expert, is that each category of usable area is measured as a single item that they apply their rates to.

Are you looking at doing an application yourself or getting a pro to do it for you?

One other thing, tanks are being granted on volume now, not dimensions, so if for whatever reasons you might decide to change the dimensions of your tank (hitting rock etc,) as long as you get the volume the grant was based on you should be ok. This wasn't the case in the passed as far as i know.

Are you looking at doing an application yourself or getting a pro to do it for you?

Yes I think I'm going to give it a go myself, just hoping not to mess it up so trying to figure out as much as I can b4 I start.
    When u say gates and dividers are not included in m2 price of slatted area where so you claim for dividing gates and feed barriers as I thought they were included in m2 price ?
    Thanks for all this info btw

• Advertisement

Yes I think I'm going to give it a go myself, just hoping not to mess it up so trying to figure out as much as I can b4 I start.
    When u say gates and dividers are not included in m2 price of slatted area where so you claim for dividing gates and feed barriers as I thought they were included in m2 price ?
    Thanks for all this info btw

No problem.

The gates etc will be included in the allowance you'll be granted but thy're not measured when working out the internal floor area. It seems that only what divides areas of different categories will be discounted from the gross footprint of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

My application says ( LO check open for query ) Any one know what this means

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

My application says ( LO check open for query ) Any one know what this means

It's in your local office. You should ring up and see how it is moving along. Mine was in local office for 2 months going between desks,think someone did not like me down there ;

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

valtra2 wrote: »
    It's in your local office. You should ring up and see how it is moving along. Mine was in local office for 2 months going between desks,think someone did not like me down there ;

Cheers , will do that tomo thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just finishing off an application here, and I've possibly a very stupid question, if a map scale has to be "not less than" say 1:2500, that would mean that say 1:1000 is acceptable instead, or the other way, 1:5000?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

You are correct,1/1000

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Was wondering about this myself. Some joke that there's about 1000 pages of shyte on the dept website relating to TAMS 2 and no reference to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Was wondering about this myself. Some joke that there's about 1000 pages of shyte on the dept website relating to TAMS 2 and no reference to this.

let me get this straight so

when we submit invoices for payment claim, they will only add up the net (vat exclusive) amounts when comparing to the approved figure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Timmaay wrote: »
    Just finishing off an application here, and I've possibly a very stupid question, if a map scale has to be "not less than" say 1:2500, that would mean that say 1:1000 is acceptable instead, or the other way, 1:5000?

yes 1:2500 or 1:1000 will suffice

with maps the larger the figure the smaller the scale

• Advertisement

let me get this straight so

when we submit invoices for payment claim, they will only add up the net (vat exclusive) amounts when comparing to the approved figure
    Just on costs, are the proposed costs we submit supposed to be incl. of Vat or excl. of Vat and are the dept. reference costs incl. or excl. of Vat ?

Advertisement