Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

I think there's a 'common wall' value that you use for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

I was thinking of putting up a new slatted shed (4 bay) with a lie back area on the bottom half of our yard is it likely that I would get the tams grant for it as the yard is not on the maps but is beside my house instead. It would be handy for checking cattle calving during the night and also I only rent land so at least the shed will always be there for me if I ever lose the land. I qualify for the tams grant (I am a young trained farmer) but dont want to go to the hassle of getting planning and then find out I cant get the grant for the shed just because where I want to build it isnt on my area aid map? Any opinions on it are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Can you get a grant for a meal bin only under the tams 11 scheme gone by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

razor8 wrote: »
    Can you get a grant for a meal bin only under the tams 11 scheme gone by?

If You are a dairy farmer yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Only a poor sheep farmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Where is the application form for tams 2 for sheep fencing. I can see all the terms and conditions sheets but not the application form

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Cavanjack wrote: »
    If You are a dairy farmer yes.

And only if you are buying a full parlour meal feeding system at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Want to build a new holding pen and cattle crush, but have a lot of the crush pipe myself and a few other things. Can one apply for TAMS aid for certain individual things like a crush wall, gates and concrete floor? Or does it have to be for the complete crush / structure itself? A crush had been referenced in earlier documentation I read as far as I remember, but it necessitated also putting in an effluent tank somewhere near one end, which I don't want to do as it wouldn't be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Anyone know if the replacement of slats is grant aided under the current TAMS scheme for sheds with internal agitation points??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

tanko wrote: »
    Anyone know if the replacement of slats is grant aided under the current TAMS scheme for sheds with internal agitation points??
    All agitation points have to be outside with all tams jobs. Way around it could be to remove roof over the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

Lads do you know if you have the be a certain distance away from a slatted tank for to get the dairy equipment grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

Not when I applied few years ago

Not with internal agi points. There is a grant to extend the tank outside the shed alright

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sandman30

sea12 wrote: »
    Where is the application form for tams 2 for sheep fencing. I can see all the terms and conditions sheets but not the application form

It is in the AWNS (Animal welfare and nutrient storage section)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

jfh wrote: »
    Not when I applied few years ago

It there aid to replace slates when agitation points are outside??

Will TAMs be finished 2020?

MeTheMan wrote: »
    It there aid to replace slates when agitation points are outside??

Will TAMs be finished 2020?
    Yep there is. Did it in 2017. Did a good whack of the work myself bar placing the slats and most of the reference cast was gone with the slats

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Yep there is. Did it in 2017. Did a good whack of the work myself bar placing the slats and most of the reference cast was gone with the slats

What slats did ya go with? We are looking at replacing timber slats with the plastic ones.

MeTheMan wrote: »
    What slats did ya go with? We are looking at replacing timber slats with the plastic ones.
    Was concrete cattle slats, went with Fogarty/campions

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Are meal bins now included for everyone for tams 2.
    Also can a grant be got for resurfacing with concrete a general yard area or does it have to be an animal collection area or a silage slab etc. The current concrete is old and needs to be redone.

Aravo wrote: »
    Are meal bins now included for everyone for tams 2.
    Also can a grant be got for resurfacing with concrete a general yard area or does it have to be an animal collection area or a silage slab etc. The current concrete is old and needs to be redone.

Grant is available on a Meal bin. Yard I don’t think so. Silage pit yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

What does one need to submit under this? Have access to agfood and hope to get one in just before closing,calving gate leg hoist what ever I need to get up to 2000. Would like to have calving gate for start of March

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

tellmeabit wrote: »
    What does one need to submit under this? Have access to agfood and hope to get one in just before closing,calving gate leg hoist what ever I need to get up to 2000. Would like to have calving gate for start of March

Once you have access to agfood just go to TAMS II - Animal Welfare Safety and Nutrient Storage (from list of Applications on right hand side of page).
    Once in there, click on Applications and on t he following page you should see a New Scheme Application button. Click on that and away you go.

All done on agfood. Applied for a scales, calving gate and head scoop there last week. You need a farmyard plan for the calving gate to show the shed it is going in. The other items need no supporting documentation with the application. The current tranche is closing in the next day or so and after that it is may. So apply promptly. I did my application under the young farmers section so it's 60% grant had to submit some of the farming qualitions aswell. Just took pictures of the farmyard plan and showed the shed and pictures of the qualifications and uploaded them. It's very easy to do.
    Pity the calf scheme was not online

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

All done on agfood. Applied for a scales, calving gate and head scoop there last week. You need a farmyard plan for the calving gate to show the shed it is going in. The other items need no supporting documentation with the application. The current tranche is closing in the next day or so and after that it is may. So apply promptly. I did my application under the young farmers section so it's 60% grant had to submit some of the farming qualitions aswell. Just took pictures of the farmyard plan and showed the shed and pictures of the qualifications and uploaded them. It's very easy to do.
    Is farm yard plan a sketch of yard, no measurements , or the shed drawing? How much that come to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

For the 60% do you have to be farming less that 8 years? Or is it open to all qualified u40?

Is farm yard plan a sketch of yard, no measurements , or the shed drawing? How much that come to?
    Rough sketch of the yard labelled. Went to Google maps printed off the yard,tape to the window and cogged the outline of the main features on a sheet overlayed to it. The 3 items were just over the the €2k limit. The calving gate cost is worked of the length of it in a formula from the reference costs

For the 60% do you have to be farming less that 8 years? Or is it open to all qualified u40?
    Less than 41 and application within the first 5 years of farming

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There is a weighting system. If you are a young farmer it's in your favour. In anc also helps. First application in tams is a plus too and then the value of your application. In the case of over subscription these come into play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Is it worth applying for a silage slab, do u need planning permission

• Advertisement

That's for the 60%. The 40% is open to all

Advertisement