Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

http://www.spaincigar.es/epages/eb8032.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb8032/Products/SPC-KIT-LAVATUBE-BLUETANK/SubProducts/SPC-KIT-LAVATUBE-BLUETANK-1

I'm thinking of buying this, does anybody with better knowledge than me know by looking at the pic if the batteries etc, are the proper ones and if this looks like a good deal?

http://www.spaincigar.es/epages/eb8032.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb8032/Products/SPC-MOD-BATTERY-18650/SubProducts/SPC-MOD-BATTERY-18650-1700-1

This link shows a better picture of the battery coming with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Protected 18650's can be 70mm long - this battery happens to be 68.5mm's long - it also happens to be 2C. If you bought the 2800mah version of this battery from this seller(which is also 2C) it wouldn't fit in a TR-001 charger (the charger that everyone with a Lavatube owns) because it's 69.66mm's long.
    I've got your post wrong , my bad
    Do you think that you have to spend €300 on a mod before you're qualified to talk about this stuff?
    it is general physics, junior cert will do :)

wait
    so even though the battery is 2400mah.. it's 4800mah?

so is it almost twice as good as an aw imr 18650 or is it almost 4 times as good in terms of battery life
    nope , you are confusing capacity and max. discharge rate

aw imr 18650 is rated 10C or so ... i.e. could provide up to 16A , low capacity, but it can supply very high currents

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

newmark wrote: »
    http://www.spaincigar.es/epages/eb8032.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb8032/Products/SPC-KIT-LAVATUBE-BLUETANK/SubProducts/SPC-KIT-LAVATUBE-BLUETANK-1

I'm thinking of buying this, does anybody with better knowledge than me know by looking at the pic if the batteries etc, are the proper ones and if this looks like a good deal?

http://www.spaincigar.es/epages/eb8032.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb8032/Products/SPC-MOD-BATTERY-18650/SubProducts/SPC-MOD-BATTERY-18650-1700-1

This link shows a better picture of the battery coming with it

They look like the standard batteries which come with all Lavatubes. They are fine as long as you look after them

I ordered the lavatube in the end from liberty flights along with the charger and 10 x BOGE 510 CARTOMIZER 2.0 OHM (STEEL)

I would appreciate a bit of advice on the batteries.... I have ordered 2 of the following... http://www.irishvapers.ie/clearance/152-aw-1600-mah-protected-18650-batteries.html Are they sufficient for the lavatube to work properly?

http://www.irishvapers.ie/clearance/137-protected-smoktech-2200-mah-battery.html Do these smoktech batteries fit the lavatube and if yes are they better than the IMR ones above?

And is there a drip-tip or a tank needed to work with the boge 510 cartomisers and if yes what would be recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

Those batteries from irishvapers.ie are perfect for you lavatube.
    Any standard 510 drip tip will do for those cartos .

sparkemo wrote: »

Are the smok batteries ok as well? I just want to be sure before I order one because I'm thinking they might last longer between charges than the other ones due to being 2200mah

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

sparkemo wrote: »

Are the smok batteries ok as well? I just want to be sure before I order one because I'm thinking they might last longer between charges than the other ones due to being 2200mah

They may be too long. I don't expect them to last as long as the imr batteries even though they have a higher mah rating.
    Stick with the imr batteries, great value at that price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

alec76 wrote: »
    nope , you are confusing capacity and max. discharge rate

aw imr 18650 is rated 10C or so ... i.e. could provide up to 16A , low capacity, but it can supply very high currents

so those senybor batterys would be fine for the lavatube? since it only has a 2.5amp limit you dont need a battery that can supply very high currents to vape at 5-6 volts, right?

im pretty happy with my aw imr's, not exactly on the lookout for new batteries.. but if I could get some cheap that would last quite a bit longer than my aw's.. might get them, so long as they're safe

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?274103-Senybor-18650-Battery-test-

this guy doesnt seem terribly impressed.. but the people on ukvapers seem to be

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?274103-Senybor-18650-Battery-test-

I don't think they're the same batteries mate.

I'd stick with the IMR's in the Lavatube, the 2.5amp limitation and the built in protection will make them pretty safe to use. I just bought a couple for my mod and when they arrive I'll try them out in the Lavatube to see how they perform.

• Advertisement

cool, ill keep refreshing the thread till then :)

one of th benefits of the imrs is they keep their performance at a relatively similar level as ther voltage drops too isnt it? I wonder if protection li-ions would be the same.
    it might last longer before needing a charge, but would the performance be equivelant

The IMR's are better with boost mods because of their consistant and high discharge rate especially mods that are higher ampage, at the same time a protected battery with a rating high enough to handle higher amp draw would be okay with the Lavatube also.

The 2C Senybors can deliver enough ampage for the L/T with it's 2.5 amp limit

If you were using a battery which didn't have a high enough discharge rate and your mod was trying to draw too much ampage then you'd end up with an overstressed battery - this could cause bad things to happen.

I would appreciate a bit of advice on the batteries.... I have ordered 2 of the following... http://www.irishvapers.ie/clearance/152-aw-1600-mah-protected-18650-batteries.html Are they sufficient for the lavatube to work properly?

These ARE the batteries that came with the first production run of the Lavatube - they originally had fake AW stickers on them.

I have a couple and they're grand, not heard of any people blowing their faces off with them and they last quite a good while - some folks say they're Sanyo batteries but I doubt that's true.

They work very nicely in the L/T...

so those senybor batterys would be fine for the lavatube? since it only has a 2.5amp limit you dont need a battery that can supply very high currents to vape at 5-6 volts, right?

im pretty happy with my aw imr's, not exactly on the lookout for new batteries.. but if I could get some cheap that would last quite a bit longer than my aw's.. might get them, so long as they're safe

I DUNNO about senybor batteries , never had one , i would like to see discharge curves at 3-4A though, discharge at 1A - useless for us.....
    speaking about 2.5A limits, keep in mind -- that's output , actual draw from battery could up to 4amps easy .( seen few tests on provari, lads measuring currents before booster and after )
    If u looking for good performance battery at decent price -- Sanyo 2600 one of the best ,well , if they not fake ones :) , not protected though

discharge curves to 3v at 3amps
    imr 1600

TestBattary_IMR1600mAh_Discharging.jpg

discharged in 30 min

Sanyo 2600mAh

TestBattary_Sanyo2600mAh_Discharging.jpg

discharged in 48 min

what u have to compare is
    voltage (V) and power (W) curves, especially power drops .....

Alec,

Is that extra draw specific to mods with booster circuitry?

yes , and i also believe it is specific to the law of conservation energy :)
    Unless someone could invent perpetual motion devices :)
    For instance
    2.5A - OUTPUT
    4V- OUTPUT
    3.7v - input (battery voltage)

2.5* (4/3.7)= 2.7A input

or
    2.5A -output
    5.5 v -output
    3.5 v -input
    2.5*(5.5/3.5)=3.93A input

Thanks mate.
    Is there a calculator out there for this?

The senybor batteries work perfectly and hold their charge / performance longer than the batteries originally supplied.

They are a couple of mil's, 2 probably, too big, but the base still screws in most of the way. I went to my my local motor factor's and picked up an O ring for .30c just to hide the little bit of thread which was exposed.

how much longer, roughly?
    tempted to pull the trigger on 2 of them as im running through two of the ones I have in one day atm

2.4 millimeters longer by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

2.4 millimeters longer by the looks of it.

I think Sir Digby meant longer lasting rather than longer length. It seems he's sucking down 4400 mAh a day with his lava tube.

well, no
    the aw's i ahve are 1600, they come out of the charger at 4.1v and i recharge at 3.6v so I guess im going through roughhly 1600mah a day

I have to admit that the Lavatube is by far the best piece of kit I've tried.

In order for me:
    1 - Lavatube with arry tank v3 and clearomizers
    2 - Screwdriver with basically anything on it
    3 - Ego T

I have recently received the arry tank v4 in stainless steel and it looks and feels the business. I've not tried it yet as I am waiting for some boge carts to arrive.

The lavatube with the arry tank and clearo's inside is fantastic for vapour and flavour, and I have never, not once, experienced a leak with it. Which as most vapers will attest is the most annoying feature of some systems.

The only reason I've jumped to the new version arry tank is because his products are usually hard to source after a short period of time and I like the idea of the screw on cap and the seals on it.

I usually vape anywhere between 4.4 and 5 and that suits me perfectly. My main flavour is RY4 and I am down to 1% nicotine level which is around 9/10 mg's I think. I dropped down to that level last week and despite reports I have found no drop in throat hit or any increase in vaping. I hope to level off at 0.6% by the end of April and stay at that level.

I'm determined my only costs going forward will be cartomizers and liquid, even then I am going to reduce the cost of the liquid by making my own batch of RY4.

is arry still selling arry tanks?
    might grab one..

Going back to the batteries, I went through roughly 1 and a half batteries a day with the ones originally supplied, and the ones I bought last the whole day just about.

Not very technical I know but that's as good as you'll get from me :)

seems good enough seeing as how we vape at roughly the same voltages and use similar enough battery life :)

id love to get one of those multimeters pbusardo has where he just screws it into the 510 thread on the device and it reads exactly how much the charge is on a battery and under load
    be so easy to figure out what batteries to use then

is arry still selling arry tanks?
    might grab one..

He's selling the food grade stainless steel ones, V3 is no longer in production as far as I know. I had to buy my V3 from Stormy in America and all they had was one.

ah well it's the SS ones I'd want, i have yet to have a good experience with clearomisers :) although im hoping the vision stardust winging its way to me from china will change that

Where did you buy your lavatube from? I got mine from Liberty and I had to buy the batteries separately.
    I bought some spare batteries from an Irish website and the batteries were different, had the flat head, but were just slightly different at the positive flat end. Cosmetic I thought, but they were terrible only lasted half a day at max.

If you are interested I'll post pics when I get a chance showing the difference.

• Advertisement

i got mine from irishvapers in december, had to get other batteries too as every supplier got shafted with knockoff chinese batteries with the first order so I just ordered some aw imr's online.

so bloody hard to know with batteries :/

Advertisement