Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Lavatube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Trying to get hold of a Lavatube for a friend does anybody know anywhere they are in stock?
    Irish retailer if possible wanted to get it in next week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Don't Irish Vapers have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Don't Irish Vapers have it?

Out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Liberty Flights do free delivery to Ireland.
    I think ecr69 is a discount code for there but definitely get one as there is loads of discount codes for there.
    Would'nt be longer than a week waiting.
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

Body only.
    Trustfire charger available there also for cheap.

Get the batteries elsewhere, links in the thread here for good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

derra wrote: »
    Liberty Flights do free delivery to Ireland.
    I think ecr69 is a discount code for there but definitely get one as there is loads of discount codes for there.
    Would'nt be longer than a week waiting.
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

Body only.
    Trustfire charger available there also for cheap.

Get the batteries elsewhere, links in the thread here for good ones.
    That discount code is worth 15% (it's working, I just tried it ;) )
    I selected the lava tube body and batterys and charger all went into the cart at the same time. With the code 56 GBP, google tell me thats 56 British pounds = 66.8237792 Euros
    Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

tommy2bad wrote: »
    That discount code is worth 15% (it's working, I just tried it ;) )
    I selected the lava tube body and batterys and charger all went into the cart at the same time. With the code 56 GBP, google tell me thats 56 British pounds = 66.8237792 Euros
    Not bad.

Good stuff, when ya register you can join their affiliate scheme, so there is loads of registered users giving out their codes.
    ecr69 is yer man Scott that does the reviews and i think it works for various sites that is mentioned on his site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, broke my lavatube

guess I dropped it from my desk slightly too many times
    the top bit kept falling off, exposing the red and black wires inside but it never actually broke before
    this time however the black cable has frayed apart so there's no power going to the atomiser connector
    poop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

well, broke my lavatube

guess I dropped it from my desk slightly too many times
    the top bit kept falling off, exposing the red and black wires inside but it never actually broke before
    this time however the black cable has frayed apart so there's no power going to the atomiser connector
    poop

Super glue is your friend. Well woulda been now you need soldering skilz.

dad probably knows someone who could solder it for me

where do I solder it too though :)

actually I think I see where
    the red cable is going into a little hole, and there are some wire ends sticking out of a lump of metal beside that hole which I assume is what my black cable split from

just stuck the battery back in and fiddled about with the wire.. yeah thats where its supposed to go.
    least I know what to do now.. doing it will likely prove trickier :)

anybody got one of these?

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/acccessories/lavatube/mini-lavatube-kit.html

you can get 1200mah batteries in that size I think. Are the batteries that come with the lavatube kits always crap? are any li-ion rechargeables ok -> what is the consequence of not using awr ones?

• Advertisement

well.. friend of dads can solder it hopefully
    for now... back to the ego's and dual coils
    in the future I will be more careful with my expensive things... or at least chop out a small groove in the wood of my desk for the lavatube to sit and not roll everywhere

--edit

as far as I know, li-ions are actually ok, it's just they're not as safe as imr's. so you have to be sure your charger is good, and that it's not overcharging them. and you have to be careful not to drain them too much when using them, if they get too charged or too undercharged it can be dangerous.

i think high drain imr's hold their charge a little better too.. like there'll be less of a drop in performance as the charge drains compared to a non high-drain which would drop in performance sooner

omg
    i dont know if it's just because ive been vaping at 5 volts for the past few months or because this dual coil/battery is ****ed but this isn't very good at all

--edit

well, dad got a friend of his to solder it together and it broke apart after 5 minutes so I just fiddled about with it myself. it's not sealed to it properly it's just kinda leaning against it, but it's vaping away
    when i have the money i'll get a new lavatube body but until then ill just have to be as delicate as I can be

glasso wrote: »

you can get 1200mah batteries in that size I think. Are the batteries that come with the lavatube kits always crap? are any li-ion rechargeables ok -> what is the consequence of not using awr ones?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/265777-pbusardo-review-vz-vv-tube-mod-aka-lavatube-full-vs-mini-vaping-zone.html

busardo does a long ass review/comparison of the vz vv tube mods reguylar and mini version. they're lavatubes basically so I'd say most/all of what he says applies

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

I am using non AW Imr batteries in mine with no problem and very happy with them.
    The AWs are supposed to be very good performers but I can't make any comparison as I don't have one.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-video-reviews/265777-pbusardo-review-vz-vv-tube-mod-aka-lavatube-full-vs-mini-vaping-zone.html

busardo does a long ass review/comparison of the vz vv tube mods reguylar and mini version. they're lavatubes basically so I'd say most/all of what he says applies

cheers. already have a 18350 charger and some batts (850mah liion) and have some cartos so don't need the kit so would be handy just to buy the mini lavatube - just the tube.

cheers. already have a 18350 charger and some batts (850mah liion) and have some cartos so don't need the kit so would be handy just to buy the mini lavatube - just the tube.
    Just make sure the batteries you have can deliver the current needed to grt the full range of voltages.
    Each battery has a C discharge rating (google your make), eg 850mah = .85 amps for 1C, 1.7 amps for 2C etc.
    The LT limits the output Current to 2.5 amps with its protection circuit which equates to 3 to 4 amps from the battery at higher voltages.
    Protected batteries may not deliver enough current due to their own built-in circuit protection.

sparkemo wrote: »
    Just make sure the batteries you have can deliver the current needed to grt the full range of voltages.
    Each battery has a C discharge rating (google your make), eg 850mah = .85 amps for 1C, 1.7 amps for 2C etc.
    The LT limits the output Current to 2.5 amps with its protection circuit which equates to 3 to 4 amps from the battery at higher voltages.
    Protected batteries may not deliver enough current due to their own built-in circuit protection.

no make it's generic - can't find a c rating - it's this battery. cheap so mabye not that good?

http://www.chinatoysfinder.com/product/4x-RECHARGEABLE-CR123A-3-0V-3v-850mAh-123A-LI-BATTERY-725.html

no make it's generic - can't find a c rating - it's this battery. cheap so mabye not that good?

http://www.chinatoysfinder.com/product/4x-RECHARGEABLE-CR123A-3-0V-3v-850mAh-123A-LI-BATTERY-725.html

more info here

http://www.dhgate.com/100pcs-rechargeable-bty-batteries-lir123a/p-ff80808128ed9626012913192c490031.html

no discharge rate stil tho. have read that most li-ion batts are 500ma discharge tho - not enough?

well
    dropped the damn thing again and now the red wire detached
    so both black and red wires arenot soldered to anything, i've managed to get it firing by just forcing both wires into their proper areas

hopefully it doesn't short out and blow up on me

ah screw it its hardly worth the risk
    ill just bin it
    back to ego's and dual coils for the forseeable future :/

Don't bin it so quickly.
    Im sure a 510 battery connection, a bit of solder and a bit of resin would fix it nicely.

• Advertisement

the black wire was soldered back in place yesterday and it fell apart 5 minutes after I got it home so not exactly convinced how well that would work

and from what I saw online yesterday, I'd have to pretty much assemble a new 510 connection myself to reconnect the red wire

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Can someone point me in the direction of getting some safe well made batteries for my Lavatube?

I'm using it with dual coil clearos in an arry tank (had to import 1 from the US) and it's the best for flavour and throat hit. I'm delighted with the new system.

I was using it with a puff tank and Dual Cartomizers but the flavour was not as good and the puff tank was too fiddly for me.

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/batteries/aw-imr18650.html

different chemistry to lithium ion batteries so if these go bad, they just get incredibly hot (240F) and kinda.. melt, itself and possibly your device. they might vent some gas too if it's real bad, but with lithium ion's when they go bad they also vent gas.. and the gas can catch flame. not good.
    that said, if you take care of them it's not likely they'll go bad.

read that there are be a mini lavatube extension caps that allow you use 18350 or the normal bigger batteries. sounds like a good idea. different colours coming soon also.

v2 also coming in March supposedly.

right.. i pushed both wires into where they are supposed to go and tried to seperate them with electrical tape
    so hopefully that adds an extra layer of not-blowing-up-in-my-face-ness

Probably not the best thing to do.
    A loose connection may cause more hassle with the LT electronics than no connection.
    Get them soldered if you can.

well im getting a new lavatube body next week, so ill just keep using this one until that arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

well im getting a new lavatube body next week, so ill just keep using this one until that arrives.

Where did you order from?

getting it second hand from someone on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Where is the best place to get a lavatube now? Do any Irish sites still carry them?

Advertisement