Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi all, tried to sign up to this today and used a revolt card and put in a random address from Argentina, showed up as 149/month which is abt 1.30 euro but when I clicked in it said my card issuer has declined this request. Any ideas why it won't go through?

Have you online transactions turned off or location based purchases enabled in revolut card settings. I'm paying with revolut for the last 9 months or so without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I think I had a similar problem and signed up via India and it worked on revolut. Family plan costs €2

Yes had to use India but would only allow a 3 month pre paid sub which will do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thanks for the tip OP.
    Signed up with Argentina account using Hola VPN browser extension & fake address generator.
    India YT seems to have suspended family account signups.

Made sure to make family group and add people to it before signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

signed up with argentina yesterday using tunnell bear , found an address using google maps and used n26 , all done in 10 minutes , used my existing family account and its working perfectly , another win for bargain alerts , thats netflix from turkey and youtube premium from argentina , brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tony H wrote: »
    signed up with argentina yesterday using tunnell bear , found an address using google maps and used n26 , all done in 10 minutes , used my existing family account and its working perfectly , another win for bargain alerts , thats netflix from turkey and youtube premium from argentina , brilliant .

Don't forget to get your Tidal and/or Spotify the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Or Prime video for less than a Euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't forget to get your Tidal and/or Spotify the same way.

I got the free month for tidal with Argentina , might try spotify if im bored , I think I like making it work more than saving the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Have Tidal like that but didnt know spotify worked too. Will give that ago cause after a few months of Tidal I think Spotify is much better, especially when it comes to having radio friendly versions of songs for young ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

spotify doesn't work like this. It's a shared family that works with spotify.
    I moved to tidal and never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

TheDriver wrote: »

Apologies.
    I knew there was some sort of Spotify workaround. Forgot about the family thing.
    I'm actually part of a Boardie's Spotify family, but don't use it anymore 'cause I moved to Tidal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TheDriver wrote: »

Is you tube music as good as Spotify/Tidal? I have all 3 myself but constantly find myself using Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is you tube music as good as Spotify/Tidal? I have all 3 myself but constantly find myself using Spotify

Content is probably equally good. Platform support - nothing beats Spotify. There is no Spotify Connect/Tidal Connect equivalent either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Kolido wrote: »
    Or Prime video for less than a Euro a month.

How do you get that? do you have a link to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Set your dns or vpn to turkey

Visit prime video website

Setup new account or change your existing account details to turkey address

30 day free trial -> try 7.90 thereafter (currently €0.76) pm

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

No need for a vpn, just sign up with amazon account to the relevant country.
    If you sign up to the Brazilian amazon you get prime music too. It worked out for me for 13 euros for the year. Turkey doesn't include music, or it didn't when i looked into it.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058167266/15/#post117418494

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

I used the revolut disposable card a few days ago and it worked

disposable cards will expire after a month right?....what happens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

jobless wrote: »
    disposable cards will expire after a month right?....what happens then?

Depending on how long you want to keep YTP, you can add a backup payment on your google account or change the disposable card to the regular revolut card details

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is anyone having issues with the indian account being an individual accoutn and not sharing with the family? Do you have to be the family manager to share a sub or can any of the member share?

Family manager controls the whole account, I’m having no issues with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

was just trying this with Revolut and Argentinian address as billing address... but it's not working - any suggestions? (i.e. do i need to change my address on Revolut? on my google account? etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

yup - VPN: argentina, Revolut location security off and online transactions on, tried both argentine address and argentine address with the street name the same as my billing... (getting a 'temporary hold' on my revolut on some attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Payment failed – membership ending in 2 daysYour payment for YouTube Premium didn't go through. We'll keep trying, but we recommend updating your payment method so you don't lose access to members-only benefits in 2 days.

I have been using my AIB Visa Debit card without any problems and i have my Revolut card as backup but it's still not processing.

Anyone else having same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dinter2k

Excellent find. Got this set up the other day. Thanks OP

Ok, thanks.

I contacted AIB and they see no reason as to why the payment wouldn't go through as normal.

If I contact YouTube, they probably just pull me up on being in Ireland and not India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Something similar happens me with Amazon Turkey. I get a message every month saying payment has failed but it still takes payment from my backup card. Maybe just hang tight and it might go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I think they copping on about VPN' location and CC's location being at odds. I have mine done about a year and no problems but tried to set it up for a friend the same way using their cc and its not accepting it at all. Arg or India.

Well I hope mine goes through tonight or tomorrow but I'm doubting it at this stage.

Be interesting to see if more come on with same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I paid two days ago, no issues

Advertisement