Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

wiz569 wrote: »
    No m8 in Youtube

the mail the guy got was in relation to his google account, I was just wondering how you could check that within your google account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

podge018 wrote: »
    the mail the guy got was in relation to his google account, I was just wondering how you could check that within your google account.

Not sure how to check on google, but as said above your google and youtube account are the same per account. Plus he did post his query in this thread for YouTube premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

podge018 wrote: »

The only way I know how to check Google acc is via the play store app. It is under the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I did a quick search but couldn't see the answer, but are other people having issues with the automated playlists showing in a non english language? Everything else works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I did a quick search but couldn't see the answer, but are other people having issues with the automated playlists showing in a non english language? Everything else works

Nope mine are all in English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For YouTube or YouTube music?

For music I'm still getting some recommendations for Indian music but I generally listen to the same music over and over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

For YoutTube Music, everything in YT works fine. I don't get any recommendations for non English music just the playlist titles are on the VPN country language

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

For YoutTube Music, everything in YT works fine. I don't get any recommendations for non English music just the playlist titles are on the VPN country language

Have you the VPN disconnected?

Yes, the payment is automated via Revolut so I've not used the payment since signing up. My android device has never had the VPN connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Hi,

I've Argentinian YouTube set up, with payment via Revolut. Up to March, the sub was flagged as 'youtubepremium', but I've noticed that it has changed to 'G & Co Ltd'.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Advertisement

Speedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

I've Argentinian YouTube set up, with payment via Revolut. Up to March, the sub was flagged as 'youtubepremium', but I've noticed that it has changed to 'G & Co Ltd'.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Mine was still youtubepremium for April for me (Argentina too).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

If I take the 1 month trial for Premium I wonder will it affect my account when signing up with VPN from India later?

I'd used the trial and let it expire before signing up on vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Mine was still youtubepremium for April for me (Argentina too).

Thanks, I might block the upcoming payment in Revolut, and see what happens with the May payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Speedsie wrote: »
    Thanks, I might block the upcoming payment in Revolut, and see what happens with the May payment.

Mine is the same, there's no need to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just signed up in Argentina. They are offering a 4 month free trial then after that €1.03 a month based on current exchange rate, my Irish Mastercard was accepted as payment device.

Just signed up in Argentina. They are offering a 4 month free trial then after that €1.03 a month based on current exchange rate, my Irish Mastercard was accepted as payment device.

How much will your Irish back charge you for converting Euro into Argentine Peso? This is why people use Revolut, conversion is free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

How much will your Irish back charge you for converting Euro into Argentine Peso? This is why people use Revolut, conversion is free!

Usual conversion charge for non euro transactions is less than €2 iirc, I don't have revolut and have no intention of using it tbh.

Usual conversion charge for non euro transactions is less than €2 iirc, I don't have revolut and have no intention of using it tbh.

2 quid per transaction is a complete rip off o_0

Curve is another option for free currency conversions, unlike Revolut it doesn't need to be pre loaded, it draws from your normal bank visa and works with Google/Apple pay.
    Hit me a pm if you want a referral we both get a fiver!
    http://www.curve.app

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I signed up for an Individual membership using a VPN and pointed it to India. I'm trying now to upgrade it to a Family member, but when I go to youtube.com/paid_memberships - I don't have any option to upgrade to a family account.

Anyone else come up against this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Can the same method be used for Spotify?

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can the same method be used for Spotify?

Thanks ��

No. Tidal works tho, see separate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

I signed up using a VPN and set it to India and turned VPN off. Everything has been fine and location on youtube is set to Ireland, however I noticed in my Google Pay settings today that the location there is set to the Indian address I gave and set o India for tax info. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to change it but it says I need to create a new payment profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Smiley012 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I signed up for an Individual membership using a VPN and pointed it to India. I'm trying now to upgrade it to a Family member, but when I go to youtube.com/paid_memberships - I don't have any option to upgrade to a family account.

Anyone else come up against this?

Yep same for me, didn’t look into it further. Was gonna just set up a new family account altogether. Would have to build my playlists all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Setanter

Pinkman wrote: »
    I signed up using a VPN and set it to India and turned VPN off. Everything has been fine and location on youtube is set to Ireland, however I noticed in my Google Pay settings today that the location there is set to the Indian address I gave and set o India for tax info. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to change it but it says I need to create a new payment profile.

Setting up a new payment profile is easy. Have one for India and another for everything else Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Setanter

matchthis wrote: »
    Yep same for me, didn’t look into it further. Was gonna just set up a new family account altogether. Would have to build my playlists all over again

This moves playlists very easily
    https://www.tunemymusic.com/Spotify-to-YouTube.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi folks.
    Great thread but just have a couple of questions.
    I’ve an ordinary YouTube account atm but want to upgrade to Premium.
    Can I sign up as normal (without any VPN) for the one months free trial and then sign u to Premium using a VPN for say Argentina?
    I don’t have Revolut and don’t really want to set up an account but will N26 be Ok?
    If all comes to all could I just use my Irish Visa card?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Hi all, tried to sign up to this today and used a revolt card and put in a random address from Argentina, showed up as 149/month which is abt 1.30 euro but when I clicked in it said my card issuer has declined this request. Any ideas why it won't go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi all, tried to sign up to this today and used a revolt card and put in a random address from Argentina, showed up as 149/month which is abt 1.30 euro but when I clicked in it said my card issuer has declined this request. Any ideas why it won't go through?

I think I had a similar problem and signed up via India and it worked on revolut. Family plan costs €2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

I used the revolut disposable card a few days ago and it worked

Advertisement