Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

I used my current YouTube family account I just cancelled it and signed up using the Irish embassy address. It cost ARS179 per month around €1.54 which is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

The payment section keep failing for me. No error message just kicks back out asking for card number. I'm using revolut and nordVPN. Tried in YT app and incognito mode in chrome.

I'm still on a premium trial, I've cancelled the billing but still have premium features till Nov 26th.

I wonder is the fact that I still have premium the issue.

Do I just need to wait till after 26th?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes, I would think that's the issue. You'll have to wait until you have something to pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Go onto your google account and check out your subscriptions and see if it shows up there, if not you could try signing up again to see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I set up in Argentina (I think) with my Irish Mastercard credit card. Its costing €1.06 a month with only a couple of €.c non euro transaction fee being charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Haven't really looked it up, but I'd assume this would work on more than just YouTube, eg I'm paying for cloud storage, nest aware (camera) and the likes with google...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

I set up my google family and signed up via India but I bought an individual subscription instead of the family/group one.

How do I change to the group sub? (I'm currently on the free month).

Do I just cancel and sign up again?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Thanks.

It allowed me to upgrade to the family/group option when I clicked on 'manage membership'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Im tempted to change my family plan from India to Argentina. Has anyone done this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes. Cancel india and let the time run out. ONce out of plan, fire up the VPN and you can buy premium again

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Staleturnips

Just a FYI on my attempt at the hack.....

I just tried the very same thing I tried above previously and the transaction went through this time and I have YT premium now!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

hi all,

i tried to renew my lapsed membership, after much wrestling and wrangling with my normal bank debit card, i have been charged iin rupees for a renewed 3 month membership - however my youtube account shows no renewed membership - it seems the issue is with my irish bank - v apprehensive about approaching them to either sort it or cancel the membership - i also have a double sub with nba.com, both monthly and annual, also apprehensive about trying to get one of those two cancelled - has anyone contacted an irish bank about being charged for a dodgy vpn-based sub that they dont actually have in reality? thanks all

I don’t see why the bank would be concerned about a subscription to a completely legit foreign company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Used purevpn to try get Argentina but it didn't work, kept showing us dollars. Then tried with Hola VPN free version for Argentina, worked first time.

Thank you for this excellent BA.

Using ExpressVPN. I tried to go through Argentina, but it kept giving me the price in Brazilian Real. I contacted ExpressVPN cust support and while polite, they couldnt figure out why the VPN wasn't giving me the argentinian price.

I went back to India. I set it up there, got my niece and brother in law on the family plan, but everytime my sister tries to get it, it says she's in a different country than the manager.

We tried it on my phone with the VPN on,

I put ExpressVPN on her phone and we tried it there. I had my VPN set to India as did she.

I got her to try a different email account (Her email is @googlemail so I thought that could be it)

But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

All members need to have their Google accounts set to the same country afaik. A VPN will not help here. You need to change your country in Google or setup a new account in the same country as the manager.

All 5 of our family have their usual google accounts based in Ireland and we registered in Argentina no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thats how it was a few months ago when I tried to add some friends from Ireland to my family sub, my Google account is not set to Ireland. In fact the error stated that was the reason I couldnt add them. Had no problem adding accounts set to the same country mine is set to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

You need to have everyone in your "family" before you try India or Argentina, cannot be done retrospectively.

If you have missed this boat, no problem setup a google account specifically for this project, get all you family in place before you leave Ireland, the family members keep their google accounts as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For those using India please remember to make a purchase before 31 December or be prepared to have to re-add you card to your google account again next year.

This might lead to problems when trying to add it again (due to address verification requirements) or it might lead to other issue including Google Pay!

Here the latest mail (just in case you did not get it):

----

This is a reminder from Google to inform you that by December 31, 2021, Google must delete your existing debit or credit card information due to new Reserve Bank of India card storage regulations.

If you still plan to use your Mastercard card ending in xxxx for transactions with YouTube or other Google products, how you use your card may change.

To continue using the same Mastercard card to make payments with Google after December 31, 2021, without having to re-enter your card details, you must use it to make at least one purchase or manual payment before the end of 2021. If you don't do so, your card will no longer appear in your account, and you’ll have to re-enter your card details to use it again.

----

More details: https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=12159&Mode=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Just used turkey through windscribe free, cost 16.99 Turkish lira equals 1.14 Euro for a personal account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

My latest payment went out on 16th December from my Revolut, presume I'm ok? You mean for anyone where payment has not gone through yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You should be fine, that was after the initial mails about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

All done in 5 minutes with Tunnelbear for Argentina. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭beachhead

Great posts here.Will have to get working on a VPN asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Had my card payment rejected today. Even though there was funds on the card. Anyone else had issues with their account ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if anyone wants to send me a PM if necessary. Having trouble getting friends to join my family, says they are in a different country for some reason. Just want to move to youtube from spotify

Advertisement