Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Duffy Motors taking the piss and acting unprofessionally

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

galwaytt wrote: »
    Yep: I work selling houses (from a factory); guess what ....people don't buy houses Mon-Fri 9-5 either. If I shuttered the place like that I'd be out if business. ....

My wife (also a biker) asked why they're closing on Saturdays when she was there last and she was told that all they get in tire kickers in on Saturdays !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fúcking hell, Mak and D3V!L moaning about not getting a replacement bike from JD, spend €30k in bikes there and god knows how much in servicing over 10 years and I never got a replacement bike! I think they only exist for a certain type of customer and we're not them!

D3V!L wrote: »
    They dont do new bikes do they ? I went down to Dublin city at the weekend to see a couple of bikes and noticed m50 honda (also KTM) is closed at the weekends !!
    galwaytt wrote: »
    And closed lunchtime too iirc. Madness.

I gave up and bought new in UK and shipped it in.
    That is crazy. Quietest time shopping is midweek. If fairness to JD, I remember organising to come in and talk to someone midweek and they were delighted it wasn't a Saturday cos it's crazy in there.
    I always wondered why bikeworld doesn't open on a sunday, would have thought it's be a good day for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fúcking hell, Mak and D3V!L moaning about not getting a replacement bike from JD, spend €30k in bikes there and god knows how much in servicing over 10 years and I never got a replacement bike! I think they only exist for a certain type of customer and we're not them!

That is crazy. Quietest time shopping is midweek. If fairness to JD, I remember organising to come in and talk to someone midweek and they were delighted it wasn't a Saturday cos it's crazy in there.
    I always wondered why bikeworld doesn't open on a sunday, would have thought it's be a good day for them.

Friend of mine is a pretty experienced sales man from the UK and just moved to Ireland and told him about some place opening up in Cork that would suit him nicely with big backing to it so it's a long term place.

He refused to apply because he found out they'll be open on Sundays. He knows for a fact that people would buy on a Sunday but he just wouldn't do it himself.

Absolutely mental thinking, I'm astonished at businesses that aren't there 7 days a week in this age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Friend of mine is a pretty experienced sales man from the UK and just moved to Ireland and told him about some place opening up in Cork that would suit him nicely with big backing to it so it's a long term place.

He refused to apply because he found out they'll be open on Sundays. He knows for a fact that people would buy on a Sunday but he just wouldn't do it himself.

Absolutely mental thinking, I'm astonished at businesses that aren't there 7 days a week in this age.

Well, the SO has worked retail for 30+ years, and most of the last 20 included Sundays (3 out of 4 of them). It's ok for a while, but I'll be honest, that means there's only 1 weekend out of 4 you can do anything (family/couple-wise), which is wearing. Makes a complete balls of trying to organise anything.

So, there's good & bad in it. The business could open, yes, but the weekend working needs to be good for the Co and the employees: can't be all one way traffic, otherwise people just leave or you can't get them in the first place.

That said: look at the likes of NL or Germany: you'd be hard pressed to find a shop after lunchtime on a Saturday, never mind a Sunday in many places.....and they manage.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fúcking hell, Mak and D3V!L moaning .

I never realized I was coming across like a moan.. A few years ago I would have bitched about them day and night but I've been very happy with their customer service to both me and my son.

Indeed the last three bikes we've both we went to Moto4u, Megabikes, Ducati and BW before JD's and JD's where the easiest to buy secondhand from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

While I never bought from them in the end, i found overlanders to be the best to deal with for second hand sales and trade ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

zubair wrote: »
    While I never bought from them in the end, i found overlanders to be the best to deal with for second hand sales and trade ins.

We're checking them out next weekend. My wife wants to sell or trade in her RNineT.

Advertisement