Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

2017-07-07 09:52 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS HONG KONG, Outbound linehaul scan, Comment: Departure to the finale destination

That's the latest update on my g6 too as of today. Ordered on the 28th of June.

By the looks of Hangar's tracking, I'll be waiting another 4-5 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Thanks for that. Mine seems to have taken a very different route. Hong Kong to UK then to Belgium where it has sat for days. The detailed tracking report is hard to post here so here is the basic one. Really hoping the report is just delayed, why on Earth would the package be prepared for destination country only to be then left for days??

30-06-2017 10:28:59Item is announced / bpost received the information
    05-07-2017 10:25:41Belgiumbpost has received the item
    05-07-2017 10:25:45BelgiumParcel is handled
    05-07-2017 10:40:00BelgiumDeparture to country of destination

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Mine seems to have taken a very different route. Hong Kong to UK then to Belgium where it has sat for days. The detailed tracking report is hard to post here so here is the basic one. Really hoping the report is just delayed, why on Earth would the package be prepared for destination country only to be then left for days??

30-06-2017 10:28:59Item is announced / bpost received the information
    05-07-2017 10:25:41Belgiumbpost has received the item
    05-07-2017 10:25:45BelgiumParcel is handled
    05-07-2017 10:40:00BelgiumDeparture to country of destination

2017-07-07 09:52 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Outbound linehaul scan, Scan location: 1-LNX, Comment: Departure to the finale destination

That's the latest on mine just now. Seems to be russia

2017-07-07 09:52 CHRONOPOST NETWORKS, Outbound linehaul scan, Scan location: 1-LNX, Comment: Departure to the finale destination

That's the latest on mine just now. Seems to be russia

Ha. Seems that no two deliveries are the same. Different companies and different routes. Hong Kong to UK to Belgium and hopefully finally Ireland for me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

I might as well join in :D Here is mine, ordered 25th June so getting sick of waiting!!

• Advertisement

beardo81 wrote:
    I might as well join in Here is mine, ordered 25th June so getting sick of waiting!!

Yeah, pretty sick of waiting. I will think long and hard before buying from them again. I wouldn't mind as much if it was more transparent. If the tracking updates were more reliable or updated more frequently, it wouldn't be so bad.

I have been expecting it to arrive to me for days since it cleared customs in the UK. Just doesn't add up for me.

Yeah, pretty sick of waiting. I will think long and hard before buying from them again. I wouldn't mind as much if it was more transparent. If the tracking updates were more reliable or updated more frequently, it wouldn't be so bad.

I have been expecting it to arrive to me for days since it cleared customs in the UK. Just doesn't add up for me.

Yeah they said my order was delayed shipping because the screen protector I ordered with it was out of stock. Maybe tell me this guys?!?

I was going to sell the phone I had already immediately after I ordered, thankfully I didn't as it has been a bit of a wait. Like you said, tracking is not transparent or reliable.

Now if the phone arrives perfect it is still a great deal, let's just all hope everything is smooth from now on...

I wouldn't imagine there will be any movement until Monday now with the tracking either :mad:

beardo81 wrote: »
    I might as well join in :D Here is mine, ordered 25th June so getting sick of waiting!!

Yours is on the exact same position as mine. Same times too. I'd expect Monday to be the next update and phone on Wednesday or Thursday.

In more of a hurry because I sold my 3t last week. Been using an old s3. Safe to say I won't be too sad to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I've had the iPhone 7 since February only and I'm really liking it but getting tempted by the G6. Somebody please talk me out of it!

breeno wrote: »
    I've had the iPhone 7 since February only and I'm really liking it but getting tempted by the G6. Somebody please talk me out of it!

Both great phones, both have pros and cons.

Your iPhone will hold it's resale value better most likely but with the G6 you get a bigger, higher resolution screen, quad DAC, waterproofing and sweet dual cameras amongst other perks.

You won't get much convincing to hold onto your iPhone in the Android forum however 😉

• Advertisement

Just to give you an update Frank. Just checked my tracking for the 200th time today and it seems it has arrived in Ireland this evening.
    "Arrival from abroad" is the latest. Location: Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Be careful which model you pick up. Not all versions of the G6 have quad DAC. The European H870 doesn't.

The H870DS has the quad DAC.
    beardo81 wrote: »
    Both great phones, both have pros and cons.

Your iPhone will hold it's resale value better most likely but with the G6 you get a bigger, higher resolution screen, quad DAC, waterproofing and sweet dual cameras amongst other perks.

You won't get much convincing to hold onto your iPhone in the Android forum however ��

Just to give you an update Frank. Just checked my tracking for the 200th time today and it seems it has arrived in Ireland this evening.

Cheers for the update Jay. Just checked mine and still no movement. Hopefully you get yours tomorrow

Mine has been in Paris all weekend. Hopefully some movement tomorrow.

Same here, we should get ours next week all going well!!

"2017-07-08 14:51 Chronopost France, Shipment in transit, Scan location: Roissy - Paris - FR"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Holy **** lads when did this turn into the eglobal tracking thread?

Any movement on your G6 from
    eGlobal
    , mine still says it is in Paris, nothing since Saturday :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The newer LG G6+ 128GB/4GB dropped in price on eGlobal from 710e a few days ago to 535e in the last day or so. White, Black, GOld and Blue colours available ,all about the same price.

Did any of you getting yours from eGlobal have theirs arrive from Paris yet? :D

Yes arrived today!! The tracking process was a chore, badly updated but shes here eventually, in one piece.

Lovely build on the phone, feels super premium. Tried out the quad DAC and the difference from headphone sound from my G5 is massive, really noticeable.

So early impressions very good, just not sure if I would order off eGlobal again!
    The newer LG G6+ 128GB/4GB dropped in price on eGlobal from 710e a few days ago to 535e in the last day or so. White, Black, GOld and Blue colours available ,all about the same price.

Did any of you getting yours from eGlobal have theirs arrive from Paris yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Any further impressions of the phone for those who have purchased?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

How are people finding the camera?
    I see some reports of issues but reviews seem to suggest the camera is good.

breeno wrote: »
    Any further impressions of the phone for those who have purchased?

Really liking the phone. Coming from an LG G5 and glad I made the upgrade. Some notes so far;

-Battery life is very good, 4.5 - 5 hours screen on time and standby time is good.
    -Screen is excellent, love the 'tall' 19:8 aspect ratio and it's a beautiful sharp panel.
    -Very snappy UI, no lag whatsoever, hasn't stuttered once. Also noticed it is very quick to install apps, much quicker than the G5
    -Quad DAC makes music from headphones sound really really excellent
    -Really premium feel and eye catching phone. One problem is though it is bloody slippy
    -Camera is really great. Takes beautiful shots and the wide angles lens is really useful, not gimmicy at all

Overall, super happy with this phone. Have the Korean 64gb version btw

Button_y wrote: »
    How are people finding the camera?
    I see some reports of issues but reviews seem to suggest the camera is good.

I am really happy with the camera, have taken some fantastic shots with it, doesn't need multiple shots to get a great picture either. The wide angle lens is brilliant also.

Now it doesn't launch as quick as the S7, my brother has one and that camera launches crazy fast, don't know how they do it! But the camera on the G6 seems to focus and shoot nearly as quickly and imo gets an overall better shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

did ye get stung for import tax ? if so how much did ye end up paying ? really tempted to order a LG G6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

did ye get stung for import tax ? if so how much did ye end up paying ? really tempted to order a LG G6

I just ordered the Huawei P10 plus, I'll let you know in 2 weeks:):)

But reading the bulk of this thread and the Eglobal thread, I'm hoping not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I just ordered the Huawei P10 plus, I'll let you know in 2 weeks:):)

But reading the bulk of this thread and the Eglobal thread, I'm hoping not to.

What were your main reasons for going for the P10 Plus?

Trying to shift an S7 Edge to try a V20.

No import tax at all, it did ship from outside the EU I think but was marked 'Generic Speaker' with a €19 value.

Mine was 378 euro delivered. Have to say it's an amazing phone for the money, a real eye catcher and no weak points for me.

eGlobal.... well if you don't mind waiting up to 2 weeks for it I think they are definitely worth considering.

What were your main reasons for going for the P10 Plus?

Trying to shift an S7 Edge to try a V20.

Had the P8, liked it (I'm one of the people who actually liked EMUI).
    Found it great on connectivity even on the network edge, where other phones tailed off.

I do work around town in different offices where I sometimes need my own Broadband, the P10 plus has 3CA, 256qam and 4x4 MIMO, with all that, it will give me the potential for decent speeds most of the time over the next two years and saves me bothering with a dongle. I checked around and despite headline speeds of theoretical 1Gb on other phones, like the S8 etc, the truth is somewhat different, as the S8 exynos chipset doesnt support 1Gb or 4x4 Mimo.
    Also I dislike Samsung phones, even the look of them does nothing for me.

The new Iphone will have its modem capped because the 8's are using modems from Intel and snapdragon, and the intel modems are behind the curve speedwise. As aresult, Apple are capping the modem speeds accross the board to ensure a seamless customer experience.

I'm beginning to sound like a Huawei Fanboy here, but I replaced my IPad with a Mediapad M2 10 and love it also.And I'm looking at replacing my laptop with the new Matebook D!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

p10 You mean?

I dont think so, I was on a BB thread of users in singapore a while back, and there was a test you could run, but that required having the phone and being able to run it, I doubt Voda or Three are going to allow anything be installed on a phone of theirs on the chance you may not then buy it.

I may have read also that they managed to source UFS2 in sufficient quantities now, and that all current models are shipping with it.

The oleophobic coating is a pain too. I'm looking at reviews of liquids at the moment and thinking of ordering that shark guard or liquid screen, not too keen on screen protectors.

Advertisement