Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G6

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

914 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on an lg g6, managed to get it for €400 on amazon. Looking forward to its arrival now.

Hey. Do you have a link for this? Would love to pick one up for €400. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭914

blow69 wrote: »
    Hey. Do you have a link for this? Would love to pick one up for €400. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06Y29Q5ZQ/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_pre_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just have to get it delivered with parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Pulled the trigger on an lg g6, managed to get it for €400 on amazon. Looking forward to its arrival now.

Its a really great phone, I have mine a few months now and love it! You'll be impressed I am sure :D

beardo81 wrote: »
    Its a really great phone, I have mine a few months now and love it! You'll be impressed I am sure :D

Your right. It really is a great phone. Screen, size, performance, battery and camera cant fault it. Love the wide angle lens.

To think its a 5.6 inch screen and I can still manage it with one hand (and I don't have big hands).

The only thing that I wasn't overly keen on was the lg launcher so I just put on the pixel launcher and I'm happy out.

Out the the box and a software update was waiting also received another update two days ago, happy days.

Finding it very hand to find and faults with this phone.

It's also my first lg phone so pretty good first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Hi all, looking to pick one of these up in the coming weeks. Any offers around or prices that can beat Amazon?

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to pick one of these up in the coming weeks. Any offers around or prices that can beat Amazon?

I found it hard to get anywhere cheaper than amazon. For a while it was cheaper on amazon.de but when I went to purchase I got it cheaper on amazon.co.uk

I got it for €380 back in december.

You might get it on eglobal or somewhere like that a bit cheaper but I couldn't fault the customer service with amazon.

So easy to deal with if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Anybody else got wifi issues since the last update,got the January security update week or 2 ago and since then WiFi is dropping or struggling to connect,tried everything and loads of different suggestions online,just trying to avoid the last resort of factory reset

manutd83 wrote: »
    Anybody else got wifi issues since the last update,got the January security update week or 2 ago and since then WiFi is dropping or struggling to connect,tried everything and loads of different suggestions online,just trying to avoid the last resort of factory reset

I've updated and haven't noticed any issues with wifi connection

Any opinions on this over the Galaxy S7 taking price out of the equation? Wouldn't be interested in the Edge, just the standard S7. I think the S8 would be outside my budget, sim free.

• Advertisement

Any opinions on this over the Galaxy S7 taking price out of the equation? Wouldn't be interested in the Edge, just the standard S7. I think the S8 would be outside my budget, sim free.

I have it since christmas and I love it. In the past I had xperia z1, galaxy s5, htc m7.

So far it is the best flagship that I have had. Personally I find the battery, screen, sound quality all excellent. The 18:9 5.7 inch screen is quality. I have smallish hands and it is possible to use the phone with one hand.

The camera in auto mode can be hit and miss it doesn't always take the perfect shot. Manual mode is far better. I love the wide angle camera it is fantastic for landscape/building shots.

Front camera is also very good.

I purchased mine on amazon and it has very little bloatware almost stock like. I installed the google pixel launcher which works excellent on this phone.

To be honest I haven't come across any flaws as of yet. I would say the camera quality on the s7 maybe slightly better but other than that I would say the lg is as good if not better than the s7.

If specs is your thing you can compare them at this link.....

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G6,Samsung-Galaxy-S7/phones/10379,9817

If you want me to go into anything in more detail just ask away.

I have it since christmas and I love it. In the past I had xperia z1, galaxy s5, htc m7.

So far it is the best flagship that I have had. Personally I find the battery, screen, sound quality all excellent. The 18:9 5.7 inch screen is quality. I have smallish hands and it is possible to use the phone with one hand.

The camera in auto mode can be hit and miss it doesn't always take the perfect shot. Manual mode is far better. I love the wide angle camera it is fantastic for landscape/building shots.

Front camera is also very good.

I purchased mine on amazon and it has very little bloatware almost stock like. I installed the google pixel launcher which works excellent on this phone.

To be honest I haven't come across any flaws as of yet. I would say the camera quality on the s7 maybe slightly better but other than that I would say the lg is as good if not better than the s7.

If specs is your thing you can compare them at this link.....

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G6,Samsung-Galaxy-S7/phones/10379,9817

If you want me to go into anything in more detail just ask away.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Have trawled through the specs of both many times and they seem quite close with the G6 looking to be a bit faster but that isn't a big concern. I'm very big into photography/videography so image quality would be important to me and the dual cameras on the G6 is very interesting indeed.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Have trawled through the specs of both many times and they seem quite close with the G6 looking to be a bit faster but that isn't a big concern. I'm very big into photography/videography so image quality would be important to me and the dual cameras on the G6 is very interesting indeed.

I'll see if I can throw up a cew camera samples for you during the week

Pm sent with lg g6 link for sample pics

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

Just updated my lgg6 H870DS to android 8.0.0 and the may 2018 security patch using Lg bridge.
    Its about an 2.2 gb download do a backup before updating.
    Was going to get the oneplus 6 but think ill hold on to G6 for now

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Just updated my lgg6 H870DS to android 8.0.0 and the may 2018 security patch using Lg bridge.
    Its about an 2.2 gb download do a backup before updating.
    Was going to get the oneplus 6 but think ill hold on to G6 for now

What model H870DS are you using? I've the TWN version and no updates this few months now, not even security updates.

I purchased from eglobal and while I love the phone, an upgrade to Oreo would be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What model H870DS are you using? I've the TWN version and no updates this few months now, not even security updates.

I purchased from eglobal and while I love the phone, an upgrade to Oreo would be nice!!

Yeah LG are taking their sweet time rolling out the updates . My last update was in January and I’m holding my breath for Oreo. I have H870 model. One thing is for sure. No way am I getting an LG phone again if this is how they manage updating their phones.

Yeah LG are taking their sweet time rolling out the updates . My last update was in January and I’m holding my breath for Oreo. I have H870 model. One thing is for sure. No way am I getting an LG phone again if this is how they manage updating their phones.

The update situation is disappointing for me too, shame as its a really good solid device. Apparently they have a new updates division to help push out os updates quicker but could be just speil to get people to buy the G7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The update situation is disappointing for me too, shame as its a really good solid device. Apparently they have a new updates division to help push out os updates quicker but could be just speil to get people to buy the G7.

Yeah, I love the phone especially the camera . Thing is the phone was released in February last year and I’d say there was only a security update every 5 months or so. Manufacturers shouldn’t stop supporting their phones, a few months after release and the different models didn’t help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

I have the same fone as you. I saw a post on reddit about updating by lg bridge
    follow the steps on the link https://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-lg-bridge-your-lg-phone

• Advertisement

hangar18_ wrote: »
    I have the same fone as you. I saw a post on reddit about updating by lg bridge
    follow the steps on the link https://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-lg-bridge-your-lg-phone

I've connected to LG Bridge many, many times to see if it will push a more recent update but am still stuck on the October 2017 security update V10m.

There is a method on XDA to change the region of the phone which will push through to Oreo but haven't tried it yet.

What software version are you on?

I upgraded my G6 to Oreo last week and it has been a miserable experience. No noticeable improvements. But when I updated it, all my home screen and app drawer had been wiped clean to factory layout so had to set up all of my folders and home screen again. Also, stupid things like the warning it displays when I turn on/off my data that has no option to be hidden. Very annoying when you're turning it on/off 30-40 times per day.

I upgraded my G6 to Oreo last week and it has been a miserable experience. No noticeable improvements. But when I updated it, all my home screen and app drawer had been wiped clean to factory layout so had to set up all of my folders and home screen again. Also, stupid things like the warning it displays when I turn on/off my data that has no option to be hidden. Very annoying when you're turning it on/off 30-40 times per day.

That sucks, any improvements in battery life or anything?

Checking LG Bridge now, seems a large update is available, must be Oreo.

Version number is H870DS20A, I will install now, been waiting a long time!

That sucks, any improvements in battery life or anything?

Nothing yet that I've noticed. Some updated icons and stuff but I haven't seen an increase in battery life. I've only had the phone about 2 months so it might still be at its peak level.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Anyone having any issues lately with battery life??
    It's only the last week or so i've gone to bed and phone is at 100% and wake up in the morning and its at 30%!!
    I've deleted loads of apps off it - i had changed by keyboard to "facemoji" and was wondering if it was that so changed it to GBoard instead - only done that today though!

Anyone having any issues lately with battery life??
    It's only the last week or so i've gone to bed and phone is at 100% and wake up in the morning and its at 30%!!
    I've deleted loads of apps off it - i had changed by keyboard to "facemoji" and was wondering if it was that so changed it to GBoard instead - only done that today though!

I've found the Oreo update has destroyed my battery life. If I don't have power saving on, I'm lucky to get 12 hours of battery life even with light usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I've found the Oreo update has destroyed my battery life. If I don't have power saving on, I'm lucky to get 12 hours of battery life even with light usage.

I can't remember when i updated to Orea, must be at least 3 months though - this has only happened over the last week....

Advertisement