Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That's a nice looking fight card. Any idea how we'll be able to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Not sure but says on the website fights in 2015 was FoxSports.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's two fights on that I'm expecting won't go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mellor wrote: »

TBA always has a habit of pulling out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »

Paul Harris and who else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is Miller not looked up? Or did he pay his 1m doller bond?

ASOT wrote: »
    Is Miller not looked up? Or did he pay his 1m doller bond?

Posting pictures on his Instagram as of yesterday, seems to be free and easy.

Posting pictures on his Instagram as of yesterday, seems to be free and easy.

Doubt he will be able to travel to Italy, but knowing him he won't give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Palhares won't fight I don't think. Still under contract with WSOF and that's gonna get messy.

That_Guy wrote: »
    TBA always has a habit of pulling out. ;)
    It took be a sec, but well played. :)
    Paul Harris and who else?

As above Paul Harris and Miller.

Miller has a massive bond out against him atm. He might not be allowed to travel. Maybe he can, but still might be turned away in Italy. I wouldn't be shocked if the promoter knows he can't make the fight.

Paul Harris because his under contract and Ray Sefo has public said he'll block it. Also there's a lot of people around the world hoping to see Paul Harris forget how to tap and get wrecked. THe magic of their wishes is an intense force

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Bellator sign SBG prospect!! Possibly James Gallagher??

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/ckelleher/sbg-ireland-prospect-way-bellator-mma/

Devastator wrote: »

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/ckelleher/sbg-ireland-prospect-way-bellator-mma/

Defo James, Kavanagh put up the contract on twitter and even though he blacked out the name you could make out the Gallagher.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

A guy at the last WSOF event got paid $500 :eek:

While branch got paid 130,000k, in fairness he has two belts so that's alright but I was praising WSOF before but those pay scales are ridiculous. For there to be that much of a range of payments is mental.

Belator isn't much better, $1k payouts are common.
    Which is why I cringe any time I hear of the ridiculous suggestions that those promotion are do more for the fighter.
    Paying a former UFC headliner 6 figures doesn't help the little guy, in fact it money out of their fighter budget

ASOT wrote: »
    Defo James, Kavanagh put up the contract on twitter and even though he blacked out the name you could make out the Gallagher.

Yeah the pictures from twitter are on the link. Def looks like Gallagher, the [Sherlock Mode] name lenght fits perfectly into the blacked out part [/Sherlock Mode].

No matter who it turns out to be its great news for another Irish fighter to be getting into the big shows. Lets just hope its genuine fights that are made for him and not freakshow fights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yeah I definitely think it is James. A little too early for Dylan Tuke probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

John has confirmed its James today

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/7/11383464/sbg-prospect-james-gallagher-signs-with-bellator
    One of Conor McGregor's most-promising teammates has signed with Bellator.
    James Gallagher (3-0) has come to terms with Bellator on a new contract, MMAFighting.com has learned. The 19-year-old featherweight prospect, who trains under Straight Blast Gym head coach John Kavanagh, is expected to make his Bellator debut later this year, though a specific date and opponent has not been set.
    "[I'm] very proud to have another fighter on another big show," Kavanagh said. "Today is a good day for SBG and Irish MMA."
    Gallagher has been living with Kavanagh since he was 15 years old. After compiling an 8-0 amateur record, the Northern Ireland product turned pro in Oct. 2015 and has won his first three fights via first-round submission.
    Before he makes his Bellator debut, Gallagher will fight Sean Tobin (4-2) June 4 at BAMMA.

He was the winner of the strangest MMA fight I've ever seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The chap is a wizard great move for all parties especially himself for sponsership purposes alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The Sean Tobin fight should be a handy one for him I reckon. Not easy, but handy. After a bit of grinding by Tobin Jame'll attain top position and sink in a submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He was the winner of the strangest MMA fight I've ever seen

What's the story behind that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

IIRC his opponent was complaining of severe chest pains before the fight.

TimRiggins wrote: »

Not before, literally said that as you seen in video. Ref asked was he ready, replis yes, ref starts the fight and he taps immediately saying he had just started to feel bad!

I'd say that didn't go down well with the promoters and it could ahve effected him getting fights since. Along with the "awwhhhh no" you heard from the boy in the video the rest of the crowd were like "WTF!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and nobody knew what was going on

TimRiggins wrote: »

If it was any stage before the fight, he had ample time to pull out. Wait until the match starts was very strange. I guess nobody will know why

Gallagher to go straight into a bellator title fight!?!?!?!?!

Cfjm6UZWQAAKmof.jpg

I hope that's just one of Gallagher's mates having a laugh on photoshop because right now Straus would eat his soul inside 1 round.

Gallagher to go straight into a bellator title fight!?!?!?!?!

Cfjm6UZWQAAKmof.jpg

He going straight into a fight on BAMMA...

I hope that's just one of Gallagher's mates having a laugh on photoshop because right now Straus would eat his soul inside 1 round.

Yeah I have my suspicions too(thats why I put !?!??! after it). I seen he retweeted that pic but it was from a normal punters account whos not connected to bellator. Couldn't see anything from bellator about it either. If it is fake, its a very good fake!

It is bellator though.....they've made madder decisions for fights in the past :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Not a chance he's fighting Straus.

Advertisement