Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

Gonzo wrote: »
    17C at the moment in Meath, much warmer than recently, easily the warmest day we've had since Saturday 11th of April.

You must be inland in Co Meath, I'm coastal Co Meath and I have to say it was a pleasant day but still very chilly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

You must be inland in Co Meath, I'm coastal Co Meath and I have to say it was a pleasant day but still very chilly.

yeah about 20km inland. The past 2 weeks has been chilly most of the time in the 10 to 13C range, got to 14C yesterday and 17C today. Less of an influence from that chilly breeze today, could be a degree or two warmer tomorrow then back to the chilly conditions on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It has been a great spell of weather in the west. A bit unusual in how cool the mornings and evenings were. Only today could you feel the humidity.

Once the sun was gone you would feel the chill but lovely to have nice weather and still be able to pull the duvet over you at night time.

I just hope we get another couple of weeks at some stage. The recent trend in the weather has been very wet periods followed by very dry periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Foggy foggy morning in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pauldry wrote: »
    Foggy foggy morning in Sligo

Deep blue cloudless skies again just up the road :cool: What a month this has been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭pqdvdplayer

Xenji wrote: »
    Newport is currently having its driest April in over 60 years although that could still possibly change by the end of the month.

Newport received 342mm of rain in February. Only 13.6mm in April as things stand. Incredible variation.

This month has been perfection. Dry and quite warm for April and it feels warmer than it actually is because we're only coming out of winter. I just hope we get some nice weeks this summer. Even one week like this in each of June July and August would be lovely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today will be the peak and the end of the April mild-warm spell. Feeling warmer than recently especially in eastern areas with temperatures getting to the mid to high teens, still cool right on the coast. 20 or 21C is possible across some midland and western areas again today. A possible 10C drop in temperatures is on the cards for tomorrow.

GFSOPUK06_9_5.png

GFSOPUK06_33_5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The peak for some Gonzo, those temperatures are down/certainly not peak in many western areas.

However it's certainly not down in West Clare, 19.5°c in a mostly sunny sky with some hazy cloud. Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Is the cloud going to clear the east coast at all today? We're Wicklow, very cool and totally overcast.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Is the cloud going to clear the east coast at all today? We're Wicklow, very cool and totally overcast.

hopefully that stubborn cloud will burn off. Temperatures now high teens across nearly all parts of the country away from the coasts. Today could be the warmest day of the year so far in some places. Mt Dillon currently 20C and most others 17C to 19C. Hopefully will see 20C reached in several more places over the next 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Warmest day of the year here in Kilkenny, my station reached 21.3C as the highest so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

hopefully that stubborn cloud will burn off. Temperatures now high teens across nearly all parts of the country away from the coasts. Today could be the warmest day of the year so far in some places. Mt Dillon currently 20C and most others 17C to 19C. Hopefully will see 20C reached in several more places over the next 2 hours.

Thanks!! Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 16 degrees here in Cork City. Feels warm enough. Cloudy yet again though

looks like the mid-west was the place to be again today with up to 21C in one or two areas. Reached 18C here in Meath making today the second warmest day of the year, two degrees lower than Saturday 11th of April where we reached 20C. Still looked fairly chilly along and southern and south-eastern coasts.

temp_uk.png

Gurteen currently 21C according to Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Got to 21.3c in West Clare today at 3:11pm, however clouded over at that point and has since fallen to 16.5c now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite cloudy but hazy sunshine getting through here in Kerry with patches of milky blue sky, very calm with hardly a breeze. Got up to 18.6C and currently 16.3C. Plastering all day so been a great day for it, glad the rain held off the last couple of days. Great to be able to get out and do jobs done around the house under the present situation.

A decaying cold front across the country tomorrow but not giving much rain but probably cloudy in a lot of places , models showing showers breaking out in Southern counties in the afternoon.

DwGPfJ1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Hit 21.1 in south tipp today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

This late morning/early afternoon was beautiful but unfortunately the cloud then rolled in.

Not a patch on Sat 11th April as just too cloudy today overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 26/04/20 21.45 temp 11°C
    82WHMYk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Maximum temperatures for today:

21.3 - Mount Dillon, Co. Roscommon
    20.7 - Gurteen, Co. Tipperary
    20.4 - Athenry Co. Galway
    20.3 - Mullingar Co. Westmeath
    19.7 - Claremorris Co. Mayo & Oak Park Co. Carlow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

The sunset from m17 above is for me one of the most memorable things about this recent period of good weather in the west. We have had some beautiful sunsets and evening skyscapes. They have been a fitting finale for some glorious days. We have been quite fortunate. Below a couple of snaps taken around sunset in central Mayo yesterday evening.

Other than a band of cloud moving down from the north its dry here in Castlebar with brighter skies following in the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lashing rain. Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dry but cloudy again in cork city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Dry but cloudy again in cork city.

Yep same in my area, big drop in temperature from recent days too. The change in weather conditions is underway.

big change this morning compared to recent days, cold, cloudy and slightly damp here in Meath, temperature only 9C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

big change this morning compared to recent days, cold, cloudy and slightly damp here in Meath, temperature only 9C.

Seems we will have to get used to these conditions for the near future at least. If I recall correctly it was around this weekend in 2019 when the weather deteriorated big time after a warm settled spell around Easter and lasted well in to June. Hopefully there won`t be the same pattern this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful day again in Donegal with blue skies and sunshine

Seems we will have to get used to these conditions for the near future at least. If I recall correctly it was around this weekend in 2019 when the weather deteriorated big time after a warm settled spell around Easter and lasted well in to June. Hopefully there won`t be the same pattern this year.

I think today is a reality check that we are still in April. Temperatures looks more seasonal over the next 2 weeks with low teens at best, maybe mid teens in one or two places. Hopefully June 2020 won't be a repeat of June 2019, I don't want to experience another June like that for a long time to come!

• Advertisement

Another lovely day here in Castlebar with long spells of sunshine. Great visibility. No dirt in that northerly airflow!

Advertisement