Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The coronavirus thread. Some posters who I thought of as being rational and sensible are losing the run of themselves. I don't think putting our head in the sand is wise but the doomsday and misery merchants really need to take a valium.

I'm clicking in and out of that thread, it increases by about 50 pages each time, I read the last 3 pages and come back out. Full time job in itself reading that thread.... Best of luck Beasty... May the odds be forever in your favour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm clicking in and out of that thread, it increases by about 50 pages each time, I read the last 3 pages and come back out. Full time job in itself reading that thread.... Best of luck Beasty... May the odds be forever in your favour :D

Full time job moderating that thread. I dip in and out of it too, intense would describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for indigestion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I wasted most of my day being tired rather than going for a nap. Thought I would snap out of it but didn't

TA that tomorrow in Monday and I have my worst client to deal with

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I also had to hoover all the loose bits of polystyrene and then hoover the stairs while I was at it..... our hoover belongs to the previous tenant, so we're using it until we get our own............ it's not a bad hoover - does the job, but (TA3) the wire keeps pulling itself back into the slot, so it kept unplugging and I had to keep stopping to go back downstairs to plug it back in.

This is easily fixed - clip a peg or a bulldog clip to the cable next to the slot, then even if it tries to wind itself up again it'll be stipped by the peg/clip. :)
    Cheaper than a new vacuum cleaner, too.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA that I wasted most of my day being tired rather than going for a nap. Thought I would snap out of it but didn't

TA that tomorrow in Monday and I have my worst client to deal with

Get the worst over and done with. The rest of the week will be a doddle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Had to clamber up stairs all bent and twisted out of shape like an evil ghost lady from a Japanese horror film.

source.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Going out of my way to be nice and letting someone out ahead of me and in traffic,
    then the pricks don’t have the common decency to thank me.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Going out of my way to be nice and letting someone out ahead of me and in traffic,
    then the pricks don’t have the common decency to thank me.

Or when you do and further up the road they could leave someone out but drive on. Did I not teach you anything?!

• Advertisement

source.gif

Seph if I was a mod I'd ban you now :D

The ring and the grudge freak me out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

source.gif

So I didn't dream the guy in the hazmat suit with a camera? I should be creeped but am strangely aroused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭lucalux

An extra TA: daffodils which last weeks in the garden onlt last a few days in a vase?
    I cut the stems at an angle and tried adding a drop of bleach in some jugs and a copper cent in others. No great difference :(

I've had some success with cutting the stems again, at an angle, every day or second day. Same for tulips/lillies, the capillaries get 'bunged up' for want of a better term?
    Fresh water every time i snip the extra bit off too.

Also heat is the biggest thing, i try to keep them in the cooler areas and that seems to help a lot

My TA is I'm facing another night of not sleeping and I'm really done with it, i just need a good 7/8 hours at this stage🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My TA is similar to the above, I'm in weekend sleep mode and have work in the morning. I'll be like a zombie tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

A traveller charging his horse and trap at me today...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Get the worst over and done with. The rest of the week will be a doddle.

If only. It's been dragging on for weeks now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Desperate Irish Angle Covid 19 news stories.

How do Irish media find out there's ONE Irish crew member on a ship of 100s of crew and passengers and bash a story out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

I’ve read just about every woe and trouble,

I agree with them all,

But by far and away,

The biggest annoyance in my life,

Living with someone who has constant health complications like I am,

Is the HSE emergency hospital department.

I mean come on, seriously!!!!

18 hours waiting to be seen for something that could have easily taken my partners life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Doing the shopping yesterday and a woman in front of us had 200 plastic bottles of water in her trolley. I feckin hope she recycles. What is wrong with people? Will the Coronavirus be coming out of our taps now or something? :mad:

TA "every man for himself" mentality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wellll lucky for me you're not one 😎 😛

I'm freaked by them too :o
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    So I didn't dream the guy in the hazmat suit with a camera? I should be creeped but am strangely aroused.

😏

Ta'd it's raining and I need to head out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yes I was running late and knew I would have to eat ahead of heading out, so I shouted down to ask sib to put my special bread on to toast, he didnt hear me so I asked again as I was going into the shower.
    No toast when I got out as he didnt hear/he couldn't find the bread I had left beside the toaster.

In the rush I tumbled down a flight of steps and now there is a fuss at work as the bruises are becoming visible. Tg for Arnica cream.

TA the amount of colleagues who asked why I didnt ask someone to put the toast on for me instead of rushing. Ta2 the kind of thing people take for granted in the world.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

FFS, Boss has announced we are having some additional training and the trainer for the 5 sessions is x.
    Most ppl love X, I cant stand him with a passion that vibrates when I have to share a space for him.

5 freaking sessions in 4 weeks and I dont get paid to go,if I dont he'll run to boss boss to snitch.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Inconsiderate people. Full stop.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA people say "toot suite" and "choccie".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being so tired all the time..I jst cant seem to shift it.

Calla - can I help you with anything?? ;)

:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Being so tired all the time..I jst cant seem to shift it.

I find magnesium works for me... Just saying!

Belongs to the radio forum but

healthcare workers / union reps interviewed on radio stations like rte 1 and newstalk and responding to questions by giving out that the likes of the HSE and the hospital managers should react to the coronavirus issue as if an episode of Holby City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've had very intermittent access for the past two weeks & need some practice with the ban-hammer again. just say the word Princess.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've had very intermittent access for the past two weeks & need some practice with the ban-hammer again. just say the word Princess.

Ah poor seph :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thought i would treat myself to breakfast.Went in to a place.Had to ask for the menu and ask for a coffee.Nobody was coming near me.

Breakfast was gorgeous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being the messenger for someone who tends to shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

But that evil gif he posted !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Brand new CDs skipping when ripped to iTunes. Rip a second time and they’re fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Got drenched going from the car into Tescos. Of course, when I got in the door I bumped into a guy I fancy looking like a wet rat.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

tumblr_msfzugzO2v1r1xg8co1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    Got drenched going from the car into Tescos. Of course, when I got in the door I bumped into a guy I fancy looking like a wet rat.

Who's stalking who?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

cloud.
    flare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

When you buy an old CD of an indie band in a charity shop and then find out they've never been in the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

TA'd by a marketing team at work that spends their day developing sexy power point presentations on all the fabulous ways they're going to help me, a sales person, to do my job. And then adds two hours a week of pointless meetings to my calendar to discuss the many ways that are going to help me to do my job.

Every time I push back on the giant waste of time this is to me, they bring it right back to my manager despite the fact that I am SLAMMED with work stuff right now and they've been to date about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Please make all the stupid annoying people go away.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think you should have a meeting about it. Bound to work. Bound to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I'm actually sick of hearing about the Coronavirus. At this stage, I almost wish it would just go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

New Home wrote: »
    I think you should have a meeting about it. Bound to work. Bound to.

I've had meetings thrown in my diary for dumber stuff.

I saw red last week after another repetitive meaningless meeting during a particularly busy day and went on a "HELL NO...DECLINE" rampage for about three weeks of more stupid meeting invites. Only to be hauled up in front of my manager for not being a "team player".

I waste half my week dealing with these folks just so they can attach themselves to business deals of mine that I will invariably close without their help, just so they can say they were "involved".

FCUK. THESE. PEOPLE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm actually sick of hearing about the Coronavirus. At this stage, I almost wish it would just go away.

I hear you. I won't be taking any silly risks, like travelling to Wuhan and visiting nursing homes on my return... but I'm fecked if I'm going to be stockpiling hand sanitiser and toilet roll.

It was tolerable for a while, especially when I never got infected. Still, I've had it from here to eternity and back. Thankfully here is the Maldives. Which is now underwater courtesy of climate change. Thankfully I brought the scuba gear.

• Advertisement

You “almost” wish it would go away????:confused:

I DEFINITELY wish it would go away. Just want to get back to the ordinary things and ordinary plans in life. If I never heard of Coronavirus again I’d be happy.

In the meantime I’m no longer watching the news, reading headlines or listening to current affair programmes and I’m much happier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mmmmmmmm My Corona ..... yeah, I'm done with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Told Mr Sam that I was taking Mon 16th off for a 4 day weekend and that I was looking forward to being home alone that day.
    Mr Sam comes home today having also booked the 16th off.. ffs, just one day to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This week, I have been mostly eating... rubbish. :(

This week, I have been mostly eating... rubbish. :(

Well it's been a pretty depressing week infairness :D

You can be good next week or next month or maybe even next year :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement