Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I Thought it was dust and was wiping the screen like mad:O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭jaymla627

boggerman1 wrote: »
    An
    just had to laugh when I was scrolling through agriland. I see an article on The Eu needing to reduce milk output and scroll down another bit and there's some lad doubling his cow numbers and all is rosey in the garden. some sh1te.

And given the current circumstances with weather and fodder shortages,if the weather takes off as sure as nite follows day farmers will have memories like a sieve and lessons will not be learned.temporary blip till next time

The meal and silage bills coming in the post will be a good reminder, that combined with the lost litres of where a cow should of peaked in a year like 2017 compared to 2018 will leave current accounts looking fairly threadbear, lads can have all the notions in the world but if they haven't got the money to fund it, it will naturally pull them back numberswise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/amp/monday-dairy-markets-european-dairy-prices-on-the-rise-361895?__twitter_impression=true

Sentiment in this piece so completely different to the negativity being touted by some of the top executives of the country's largest processors.

Will they continue to man manage farmers expectations...?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Any idea on March price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

April 31+ vat.
    May 31+ vat.
    June 32+ vat.

Base price @3.2pr and 3.8bf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭farisfat

April 31+ vat.
    May 31+ vat.
    June 32+ vat.

Base price @3.2pr and 3.8bf.

We could live with that.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Any idea on March price?

I'd reckon 2 cent cut by glanbia but a cookie jar top-up due to the weather to keep price at "32 cent"

jaymla627 wrote: »
    I'd reckon 2 cent cut by glanbia but a cookie jar top-up due to the weather to keep price at "32 cent"

Is it true that after they announced the €50 back per tonne of meal they upped the meal price by €30/tonne?

Is it true that after they announced the €50 back per tonne of meal they upped the meal price by €30/tonne?

Yeah prices where put up by 30 euro last Monday, Their 30-40 euro dearer to start off with compared to independent merchants, I guess with lads under pressure financially glanbia are all they have to turn to for feed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

http://www.thejournal.ie/zuckerberg-facebook-data-3951393-Apr2018/

When i see this questioning of Zuckerberg, i can't help but think of a particular teagasc official, who tries to create relevance by sharing your profit monitor data..

• Advertisement

Lakelands have announced their price dropping by 2.5c I think and paying a hardship bonus of the same amount. Can't link as on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lakelands have announced their price dropping by 2.5c I think and paying a hardship bonus of the same amount. Can't link as on my phone

Saw that, that carry on is a load of bollix tbh. Leave the price as it is and don't mind the hardship bonus bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Mooooo wrote: »
    Saw that, that carry on is a load of bollix tbh. Leave the price as it is and don't mind the hardship bonus bull****

They are lining up the drop for next month when cows will be out and milk pumping. And there might not as much giving out about it.

They are lining up the drop for next month when cows will be out and milk pumping. And there might not as much giving out about it.

We hope cows will be out and milk will be pumping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Drove out 3 cows today, drys that had been under pressure all winter. I'd swear the three of them could have hugged me they were so happy to be out of the shed.

I'd normally have those types out in January but thankfully they survived long enough to hit grass.

All they need now is grass:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Yeah prices where put up by 30 euro last Monday, Their 30-40 euro dearer to start off with compared to independent merchants, I guess with lads under pressure financially glanbia are all they have to turn to for feed

All feed has risen in price with all merchants in this area.

Regarding your point about people under financial strain turning to Glanbia for feed. Could you please explain this logic? Are they unable to get credit elsewhere and have Glanbia as a safe port only to leave when they build a bill and join the chorus singing about the fookers they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

I’ve gotten an email today from the Coop guaranteeing a minimum average price of 34.5cpl + vat for all 2018...

Happy enough.

Regarding your point about people under financial strain turning to Glanbia for feed. Could you please explain this logic? Are they unable to get credit elsewhere and have Glanbia as a safe port only to leave when they build a bill and join the chorus singing about the fookers they are?

No price rise here held at price agreed in January, it would be easier to get out of paying revenue then leaving glanbia swinging for money, glanbia through the trade/milk account will finance a milk supplier a significant bit more then a independent merchant given their guaranteed payment, bit naive to think certain lads haven't exhausted all other suppliers and are now left with glanbia and using the milk account to keep feed coming into the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

No price rise here held at price agreed in January, it would be easier to get out of paying revenue then leaving glanbia swinging for money, glanbia through the trade/milk account will finance a milk supplier a significant bit more then a independent merchant given their guaranteed payment, bit naive to think certain lads haven't exhausted all other suppliers and are now left with glanbia and using the milk account to keep feed coming into the yard

I've actually no idea what you've just posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

coops are an easy target, I hear the same about Aurivo being dear for feed but when I price independent merchants (like for like products) there is never anything in it.
    there are so many millers now that their prices are very close, I am not in a very intensive farming area and I could get 8 feed companies to blow meal into the bin.

• Advertisement

Most farmers have a crazy credit limit with glanbia. No other merchant that I deal with would allow a bill to run to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Most farmers have a crazy credit limit with glanbia. No other merchant that I deal with would allow a bill to run to that level.

It used to give the plc finance people nightmares. 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Likewise our merchant honoured January price.

I am I reading the glanbia text right, we are now 30 cent base and 3 cent makey up payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Likewise our merchant honoured January price.

Mine only up 10 Euro from this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

I am I reading the glanbia text right, we are now 30 cent base and 3 cent makey up payment?

Yip.

Yip.

So we are two cent behind lakelands base price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

These "hardship"payments added after solids adjustment I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭mf240

Mooooo wrote: »
    These "hardship"payments added after solids adjustment I assume?

Was just looking into it. Glanbia have changed it to reflect solids. So the 3 cent is for 3.3 and 3.6 and then adjusted for solids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭stanflt

If you have milk fixed at 31 and 32 will you get 3 cent on top of this

Advertisement