Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Digne/4.5m def or Otamendi/Maitland Niles?

Don't know much about M Niles but they have some nice fixtures

Digne/4.5m easily, no brainer. Digne is playing very well. Everton starting to get good attacking returns. He is main source of creativity, on set pieces etc..

There is a good few 4.5m options out there as good as the other 2 mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking like Cathcart out for Pieters, Burnley look to have decent fixtures.

There's a cathartic joke in there somewhere but I haven't the energy to mine it out at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cartman78 wrote: »

There's a cathartic joke in there somewhere but I haven't the energy to mine it out at the minute

Id get lowton over pieters think he is a safer option long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

already dumped Laporte for Soyuncu with my 1 f/t and so now have 2.0m itb. Should i -4? Auba or Kane to Kun is the obvious one as City could put up a cricket score in their next couple of matches. Would still leave me enough if i wanted to do McGinn or Ceballos to Mount in the following gameweeks. Thoughts? Or alternate suggestions?

Squad:

Heaton(McGovern)
    TAA Lundstram Digne(Soyuncu, Rico)
    McGinn Ceballos Sterling Bilva(Dendoncker)
    Auba Pukki Kane

Cartman78 wrote: »

Burnley once, shame on you,
    Burnley twice, shame on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jota needs to go

Candidates are

- Barnes (great fixtures and form, not too much, leaves money to go Dendonck to McGinn or 5.6)
    - Wood (same great fixtures, not substituted as early as Barnes, lets me go Dendonck to a Cebellos or similar, but strikes me as too clever)
    - Wilson (return in every game and probably the best standalone candidate, but no money to upgrade)

Leaning towards the safer Barnes option

Jota hat trick incoming

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Jota needs to go

Candidates are

- Barnes (great fixtures and form, not too much, leaves money to go Dendonck to McGinn or 5.6)
    - Wood (same great fixtures, not substituted as early as Barnes, lets me go Dendonck to a Cebellos or similar, but strikes me as too clever)
    - Wilson (return in every game and probably the best standalone candidate, but no money to upgrade)

Leaning towards the safer Barnes option

Jota hat trick incoming

Maybe you should keep Jota so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Maybe you should keep Jota so.

If McNeil wasnt 75% I would be seriously considering it.

None of the 6m mids are that inspiring

Im not sure which this thread is for but ive 1 player playing in germany and one in spain I've (laporte who looks like he is out for a while and greenwood as bench fodder.

As I didn't wild card I think i can see a -4 solution but I nedd 2 defenders for 8.6

1 should be a definite starter.

Sorry I do hate to not do the research but tbf I was thnking of wildcarding which never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've decided to be stubborn with Jota for another week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to bank and give kane one last chance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cathcart to Lowton done before another inevitable drop.

Lowton's career stats aren't bad actually - he's no TAA/Digne but better than expected for a Burnley defender imho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any suggestions for a Martial replacement? I've 7.7m to play with, and my other mids are Salah, KdB, Ceballos and Dendoncker.

I was thinking Mount but not sure about his next 2 fixtures (Wolves and Liverpool).

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Benzino wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a Martial replacement? I've 7.7m to play with, and my other mids are Salah, KdB, Ceballos and Dendoncker.

I was thinking Mount but not sure about his next 2 fixtures (Wolves and Liverpool).

David Silva - Been in excellent form and should start. No international matches for him either which should help his cause.

Alternatively, I like Fraser and Harry Wilson at Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Benzino wrote: »

One of Tielemans or Maddison there I think.

Nice bit of money left over then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Silva and Maddison are good shouts, never would have considered them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Going to go with AWB to Otamendi I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have gone Boly -> Otamendi to get some some double City defence for games against Nowich (a) Watford (h) Everton (a) Wolves (h) Palace (a) Villa (h) Southampton (h). Should expect a couple of clean sheets there. Will probably sell Zinchenko once there is a real threat of rotation.

Ceballos to Dilva for -4? Really fancy City to run riot against Norwich. And then Watford at home after (though with a Champs League game sandwiched in between)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Toss up between James, Mount, Teilemans/Maddison or Fraser.
    Fraser has had a slow start. Do people expect him to start firing from this weekend and end uo being better value than all of the above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

gandalfio wrote: »
    Toss up between James, Mount, Teilemans/Maddison or Fraser.
    Fraser has had a slow start. Do people expect him to start firing from this weekend and end uo being better value than all of the above?

It's down to form not ability I think, all are on a par ability wise but Fraser is not in form.

Feck it. -4 Bilva to KdB. Annoying to do one City attacker to another, but i have to admit KdB is the much better option. Just enough money itb to do it now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Ceballos to Dilva for -4? Really fancy City to run riot against Norwich. And then Watford at home after (though with a Champs League game sandwiched in between)

I am looking at bringing Ceballos in next week if I can. Lacazette out . he should start in advanced position now. No way I would take a minus 4 to sell him

km79 wrote: »
    I am looking at bringing Ceballos in next week if I can. Lacazette out . he should start in advanced position now. No way I would take a minus 4 to sell him

yeah i think the Laca news has convinced me to keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah i think the Laca news has convinced me to keep him

Dilva will not start both league games either imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

AWB to Digne I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pukki to Barnes done!
    What party, what flag...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭basillarkin

really want kun, he could get 4 against watford