Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

retalivity wrote: »
    Collabarative software company, best known for JIRA. In and out from around $40 a year ago, currently at $90. I think it will be a major acquisition in the next few years, would be perfect for msft, so will keep my toes in

Too rich for me. Sounds good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

BRK B
    RGSE
    HIVE
    RYANAIR
    NIO

After a dismal 2018 I don't feel like I can do too bad holding these at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

What are ye all holding now?

NERVE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

AURORA CANNABIS
    AXON ENTERPRISE INC
    BANDWIDTH INC. - CLASS
    CANOPY GROWTH CORP
    COCA-COLA COMPANY (THE
    FMC CORPORATION COMMON
    JOHNSON & JOHNSON COMM
    MCDONALD'S CORPORATION
    MICROSOFT CORPORATION
    PAYPAL HOLDINGS INC.
    RYANAIR HOLDINGS PLC
    SQUARE INC - A
    TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE S
    TWILIO INC - A
    UBISOFT ENTERTAIN
    UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC
    VISA INC.
    WALT DISNEY COMPANY (T
    WEC ENERGY GROUP INC.

Back in on Ryanair at 9.85 after profit warning.

Up 9%, going the right way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Up 9%, going the right way.

Taking off and gaining altitude you could say...

In on Starbucks at 64.90, earnings this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What are ye all holding now?

In order from success to train wreck:

Canopy Growth core
    Aurora
    Aphria
    Organigram
    Tetra Bio pharma
    InMed
    Kaly
    MPX
    Magnis resources
    Viking
    Verastem
    Prometic Life Sciences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Actually Magnis got a bit of a bump today as they're moving into gigafactory building in India (previously new York ).

https://investingnews.com/daily/resource-investing/battery-metals-investing/graphite-investing/the-government-of-india-announces-interest-in-building-indias-first-lithium-ion-battery-gigafactory/

Bit of a bump now... and I reckon they'll edge down again like before. But if they go back to 28 it might be a good long term play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Anyone have any thoughts on Johnson and Johnson (JNJ) at current levels?

Taken a bit of a dip the past month so thoughts are it's not a bad entry point for a long term play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Browney7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on Johnson and Johnson (JNJ) at current levels?

Taken a bit of a dip the past month so thoughts are it's not a bad entry point for a long term play?

Anything else come out about them "knowing" the asbestos was in the powder?

Hoping to get in on Tesla today at 295 or so.

Hoping to get in on Tesla today at 295 or so.

In at 290.. hope to get out around 330 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Bought some Twilio (TWLO) at around $100, let's see how this one goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Bought some Twilio (TWLO) at around $100, let's see how this one goes..

Bought some back on March @ $42 when my friend started working for them and I looked them up, best investment so far!

Bought some back on March @ $42 when my friend started working for them and I looked them up, best investment so far!

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Cute Hoor wrote: »

SAN.MC €4.10 (Target €4.51)
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36)
    MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21)
    RYA €10.41 (Target €11.46)
    VOO $224.50 (Target $246.95)

Second one in

MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21) - Reached €31.67 9/1/2019
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36) - Reached €18.08 today 24/1/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I was like just about to buy pcg before that news broke, could cry right now.fml. Made like 700 last week trading it should have just held them.

A very rare day, portfolio entirely in the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Has A40 (previously TAW) hit the bottom? At 17.5c today. This whole merger nonsense seems to have knocked the stuffing out of what was the share pick of 2018!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

Bought GGP awaiting some news results from surveys gold/copper prospecting aim market modest holding in at .0226p now after 2 wks .0242p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

crushproof wrote: »
    Has A40 (previously TAW) hit the bottom? At 17.5c today. This whole merger nonsense seems to have knocked the stuffing out of what was the share pick of 2018!

Its a mess, other lithium producers getting hammered aswell though, I've put my lithium investments in the drawer and forgotten about them now, come back in a year or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Its hard to know. Theres a large overhang (somewhere around 12 Million shares according to Hot Copper commentators) that need to be purchased from Shareholders that didn't qualify/subscribe for 'New' A40 shares. This is going to cause weakness for some time. But when that gets sorted there should be a strong re-bound. Lithium in general is not doing well either but that too will eventually turn around

I think its a buying opportunity at present, soo I bought a few more shares last night to bring my average BEP down from the original $0.2818 AUD offer price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Dalata has climbed nicely for me in the last two weeks or so, up about 10%. That being said, I'm not touching anything else on the ISEQ.

Whats your exit point for Dalata?. Results are out on Feb 26th. Rumour is they are going to be good....but this might already be priced into the SP which is up over 20% since Nov.

I'm thinking 'buy the rumour, sell the news'. The SP could fall back down when the results come out ?? €6 seems a nice exit point which would lock in 28% profit for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Spodumene pricing is taking a major hit as subsidies to Chinese chemical converters are cut (the like of which A40 and others have offtake agreements with) and the price of their carbonate/hydroxide output also falls. Given the number of gigafactories in the pipeline and the jumps in EV production in the last year or two I'm confident we'll see boom times again. Best to sit on it for now as fortunes can change very quickly in the lithium game.

https://www.metalbulletin.com/lithium-prices-update

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ctomas

Share Pick 2019:

NYSE:AX (AXOS FINANCIAL) Formerly BOFI
    Current price $28.57, Market Cap $1.8B, PE 11

This is an online banking stock with coverage mainly in LA, USA. They do not have any physical bank location.
    It is a good growth stock with relatively safe loan portfolio (based around US property)

It does not declare any dividends so suitable for only Growth investors.

Whats your exit point for Dalata?. Results are out on Feb 26th. Rumour is they are going to be good....but this might already be priced into the SP which is up over 20% since Nov.

I'm thinking 'buy the rumour, sell the news'. The SP could fall back down when the results come out ?? €6 seems a nice exit point which would lock in 28% profit for me :rolleyes:

I sold all my Dalata last week at €5.50. Looks like it was probably a bit early as it's only gone up since then but still happy with what I got!

It's a tough one to call, I think if a no deal Brexit is taken off the table once and for all over the next few weeks Dalata (results permitting) and some others could get a nice bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sold Facebook going into earnings having bought at $127 around Xmas

Nothing feels worse than seeing a stock bounce hard when you have taken profits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So thoughts on this market upturn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pussyhands wrote: »
    So thoughts on this market upturn?

Is there one? I read somewhere yesterday that mortgage lending and property sales have gone off a cliff in the US in exactly the way that has predicted 9/10 of the last few recessions. Not much to get excited about on my watch list anyway.

Advertisement