Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    hey folks, can't believe i didn't notice this before but the block work above the double doors leading to the gardens is not finished on any house that I can see...all of the houses in the crescent that i can see as well as the houses that share the same row as the initial 3 bed showhouse...pretty shoddy as this is a.) an eyesore and b.) will ultimately let damp in.

I think this was a temporary measure as they may have gone back and added more vents? When we got our keys it wasn't finished, but the builders have gone back and fixed ours over the last couple of days (although it's not painted yet.) It looks like a few still have to be done, so if yours isn't fixed yet I imagine it will be in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Yeah they've been doing work on them since the end of last week to add more vents

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

We're finally in 😊 got our keys on Friday now just got lots of unpacking ahead of us.

Need to get the shower door sorted. Has anyone got any recommendations? How much did you pay for the door and installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

Dommi1 wrote: »
    We're finally in 😊 got our keys on Friday now just got lots of unpacking ahead of us.

Need to get the shower door sorted. Has anyone got any recommendations? How much did you pay for the door and installation?

We used Davis Shower Doors and would highly recommend. They supplied and fitted in less than an hour and were very reasonable price wise. Another couple actually got them after us and they were really happy with them also.

Here’s their website - http://www.davisshowerdoors.ie/our-range/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 robtr89

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    hey folks, can't believe i didn't notice this before but the block work above the double doors leading to the gardens is not finished on any house that I can see...all of the houses in the crescent that i can see as well as the houses that share the same row as the initial 3 bed showhouse...pretty shoddy as this is a.) an eyesore and b.) will ultimately let damp in.

There was letters posted in the doors to let people know that this work would be taking place during the day. It was to add more vents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 TheProfessor23

Hi everybody!
    We are interested in the 4 bed semi-ds, which have been released in the past few weeks.
    Just a quick question, are the houses block built, with timber joist first floors & timber stud walls internally, or are they a complete timber frame house?
    Also, is Virgin Broadband available for these houses? I work from home and depend on a high speed fibre connection.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Shadoy wrote: »
    We used Davis Shower Doors and would highly recommend. They supplied and fitted in less than an hour and were very reasonable price wise. Another couple actually got them after us and they were really happy with them also.

Can i ask which size shower door you had to buy? It seems to be between sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

Can i ask which size shower door you had to buy? It seems to be between sizes

The tray itself is 1200mm but with the tiles it’s slightly less. The sliding doors are adjustable by a few mm so they fit in perfect. Not too sure if the hinged ones are adjustable though so if you were planning that option you might need to clarify.

The tray itself is 1200mm but with the tiles it’s slightly less. The sliding doors are adjustable by a few mm so they fit in perfect. Not too sure if the hinged ones are adjustable though so if you were planning that option you might need to clarify.

We used Davis as well, originally wanted a hinged door but he advised against it as he said the tray was too long and the hinges would sag over time and be an issue.

Can anyone recommend a blinds company? And how quick were they to fit them once ordered? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a blinds company? And how quick were they to fit them once ordered? Thanks.

We used BG Blinds in Skerries - we got all windows done for a reasonable price. We ordered them in August to get the deposit down etc, but we only got them fitted last Friday after flooring was down due to dust going everywhere etc.

Really nice blinds

Hi everybody!
    We are interested in the 4 bed semi-ds, which have been released in the past few weeks.
    Just a quick question, are the houses block built, with timber joist first floors & timber stud walls internally, or are they a complete timber frame house?
    Also, is Virgin Broadband available for these houses? I work from home and depend on a high speed fibre connection.
    Thanks in advance.

Virgin isnt in Rush yet, and the estate is yet to be connected by EIR (less said about them the better), but by time 4-beds are complete and habitable, i would like to think Eir would have connected the estate, but I wont hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TheProfessor23

robtr89 wrote: »
    Virgin isnt in Rush yet, and the estate is yet to be connected by EIR (less said about them the better), but by time 4-beds are complete and habitable, i would like to think Eir would have connected the estate, but I wont hold my breath.

Thanks for your response. EIR do not fill me with confidence, so what is everybody using for internet supply? It's all 4G so?

Thaks so much for the info! Will give them a call :)

Thanks for your response. EIR do not fill me with confidence, so what is everybody using for internet supply? It's all 4G so?

Yes all 4G - and is working fine for me.

Friend of mine, lives down other end of Rush, cant get broadband (again EIR), uses Imagine internet, aerial on roof and costs €60 a month but its extremely reliable and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

robtr89 wrote: »
    Yes all 4G - and is working fine for me.

Friend of mine, lives down other end of Rush, cant get broadband (again EIR), uses Imagine internet, aerial on roof and costs €60 a month but its extremely reliable and quick.

I live down the other end of the town(near the harbour) and have Vodafone for Broadband. Its Fibre to the cabinet and then phone line to the house.

Its very reliable, been with them a few years and can count on one hand the amount of issues Ive had and nothing that wasnt resolved quickly.

If Eir do lay the lines your end you should have the choice of Eir, Vodafone and Sky as the latter two use Eirs lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

I dunno if this will be of interest to anyone but we just got our floors and carpets with Matt Britton carpets.

They do a really good discount for any Glenveagh clients due to the fact they do a lot of work for Glenveagh including the 4 bed showhouse. For us, its worked out an awful lot cheaper than any other quote we got, and we priced around a lot of people. Its actually a pity Glenveagh dont advertise it!

We dealt with Matt’s brother Ross in the Dundrum office and he was fantastic, his number is (086)2839185 or his email is ross@mattbritton.ie, just incase its of use to anyone.

A bit of a strange one, but did they put top soil on top of the grass seeds when they seeded the lawns?

The guy just came in and put seeds on top of our half raked ground today. It looks absolutely shocking. Getting them to even do that much has been like pulling teeth.

I'm getting very worried that we're going to be left with a mud pit for the winter...

Yeah not been happy with how the garden is looking, think it will be a real battle to have it grow in and it's been nearly 2 weeks since they did ours.

Anyone know when they plan on switching on the streetlights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Hi,

I came across this while looking at what to do with new build gardens:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/gardens/after-the-builders-have-left-first-sort-the-soil-in-your-new-garden-1.2850584

Ours are very symptomatic of the description in the article.

It appears they can suffer from compacted soil, which is a result of heavy building machinery traffic, building materials being stored there etc., and not much is going to grow until they are aerated.

I think I'll be forking and mulching as soon as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eggy 30

Hi everyone,

I hope everything is going well in your new homes.

Can I ask, what bin company you have gone with? Do we have any option other than Panda?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Anybody started to look into house alarms yet? Taking a look myself and it seems like a minfield out there.

I think our houses can only take a wireless system? Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Eggy 30 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I hope everything is going well in your new homes.

Can I ask, what bin company you have gone with? Do we have any option other than Panda?

We went with Panda for convenience. Not sure if there are any other options, but I don't think so. Panda are doing an offer at the moment where you get the first 2 months free, so it's handy for all the recycling and general rubbish you have when moving in... (you still have to pay the sign-up fee, though.)

I called a few different companies. Panda seems to be the only ones that servce Rush. If you use them for electricity too they give you a better rate :)

We're really struggling with internet. I have Eir coming on Thursday and they promised me that they will be able to set the broadband up in the house, but I don't think they fully understood the problem. I'l post an update once they've come out.

I've been using my Virgin Media unlimited sim during the day, but got a message today saying that I've used 80% of my monthly allowance so I don't think the hotspot with a mobile network is a very long term solution.

Is there any way that we can push Eir to get the estate connected? Surely there is something that can be done? Its quite a large amount of houses and I'm sure just about everyone will be looking to get broadband set up.

We're really struggling with internet. I have Eir coming on Thursday and they promised me that they will be able to set the broadband up in the house, but I don't think they fully understood the problem. I'l post an update once they've come out.

I've been using my Virgin Media unlimited sim during the day, but got a message today saying that I've used 80% of my monthly allowance so I don't think the hotspot with a mobile network is a very long term solution.

Is there any way that we can push Eir to get the estate connected? Surely there is something that can be done? Its quite a large amount of houses and I'm sure just about everyone will be looking to get broadband set up.

Eir won't do anything on Thursday, they've had the poor lads in KN out about 10 times now they were saying. There's nothing for them to connect to so they'll come, look at it and leave unfortunately. We've to wait for cabling to be ran to the estate first and there's no timeframe on that. Three's mobile broadband is bearable for me at the moment.

There is a mail address to send a request to, was mentioned previously on this thread, you get an automated response and then a message to say that you must request from your internet supplier. There is no internet supplier, so we're like dogs chasing our tails. It's ridiculous. Typical Irish culture of passing the baton.

Eir won't do anything on Thursday, they've had the poor lads in KN out about 10 times now they were saying. There's nothing for them to connect to so they'll come, look at it and leave unfortunately. We've to wait for cabling to be ran to the estate first and there's no timeframe on that. Three's mobile broadband is bearable for me at the moment.

I've been hotspotting my phone (Three network) and it was fine up until a few days ago - around mid-morning it starts to get patchy. Very frustrating! I haven't had a 4G signal in the house for a few days which is worrying... hope Eir get their sh*t together soon.

• Advertisement

I've been hotspotting my phone (Three network) and it was fine up until a few days ago - around mid-morning it starts to get patchy. Very frustrating! I haven't had a 4G signal in the house for a few days which is worrying... hope Eir get their sh*t together soon.

In general, 3 network has been poor the last couple days, i have noticed that myself; not just in Rush neither.

A solution is to get the pay as you go Vodafone Mobile broadband...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/mobile-broadband.html

Their 4G coverage is the best around... head and shoulders above the Three network.

Advertisement