Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I've never actually seen the good place -is it any use?

She seems like a bit of craic on celebrity juice and things like that - and she is so god damn hot!
    It is pretty excellent, not the usual comedy it has depth.
    First 2 series are excellent (Series 3 isnt bad either by any means, and 4 is on the way) it also does a brilliant job of reinventing itself as well.
    Ted Danson is great fun in it, Jameela Jamil gets some of the best lines though with lots of hilarious name dropping.

She also defo seems sound in real life and doesnt take herself to seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

People that believe that there are more than two genders.

Biologically you're either male or female, end of story.

No problem with gay people or whatever it's the 'identify as...' bull crap.

I see that even United Airlines now have a third checkbox for intending passengers. You can be Mr , Ms or Mx !!! The can of worms that opens is that you can now most likely insist that you be searched by an 'Mx' :D

You're quite correct.

Either you're genetically carrying two XX chromosomes - female. Or XY chromosomes - male.

Although...

You can also naturally be XXY, of course. It's just not all that common.

And you can also be naturally XXYY, too. Oh, and just X. And, er, XXX. And... all the other naturally occurring genetic variations.

I guess actually, when it comes down to it, no, you're completely incorrect...

I've never actually seen the good place -is it any use?

She seems like a bit of craic on celebrity juice and things like that - and she is so god damn hot!

It's one of the best programmes on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Life is short, do what brings you happiness

Just the kind of positive encouragement I need to go back to my human kidney collection. ;)

I think I'm getting more tolerant over time. People do what they do and I think ultimately nobody has any real control over what they are. We have no control over our biological makeup and all we are is that and outside influences. I might not want to be around some people, I might think some opinions are stupid or someone lacks qualities I like but respect or a lack thereof, to me, implies an element of choice that I'm not sure exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Grown men who wear soccer jersies to the pub.

Especially ones wearing XXXXXXXXXXXL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Reiki/energy crystals etc. These people are trouble guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

People from whom I can get bottom smell. We are not going to be friends.

Slobs.

For the first time in my life recently, I've been working with a true slob. I've met a lot of people who would inadvertently mess the room up or something, or smell bad, but a real slob is a different kettle of fish.

It is remarkable that someone could go through life with everyone disgusted at almost everything they did. The email has gone out from the boss saying someone is acting this way. I'll see him tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if he realised it was about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've lived with a slob and it's beyond a joke . I think it's a symptom of brain injury in his case, though .

He 'd refuse to be clean which is one thing but his hair would be full of god knows what from work . Knowing I have a 'special ' brush for v long hair, he would use mine. Until I saw him doing it I hadn't a clue why my hair seemed dirty after washing it. He'd scratch his itchy scalp, hard, with it, and couldn't seee that washing his hair would alleviate the itchiness.Bought him a new brush but he wouldn't use it til I hid mine.

He'd urinate out the door to avoid walking ten steps to the downstairs bathroom , and store his dirty clothes (which he hated anyone washing or folding neatly ) on the low table in the sitting room , on the rabbit cage and the back and arms of the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,320 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

gmisk wrote: »
    It is pretty excellent, not the usual comedy it has depth.
    First 2 series are excellent (Series 3 isnt bad either by any means, and 4 is on the way) it also does a brilliant job of reinventing itself as well.
    Ted Danson is great fun in it, Jameela Jamil gets some of the best lines though with lots of hilarious name dropping.

She also defo seems sound in real life and doesnt take herself to seriously.

People who don't watch the good place is on the list.

• Advertisement

I've lived with a slob and it's beyond a joke . I think it's a symptom of brain injury in his case, though .

He 'd refuse to be clean which is one thing but his hair would be full of god knows what from work . Knowing I have a 'special ' brush for v long hair, he would use mine. Until I saw him doing it I hadn't a clue why my hair seemed dirty after washing it. He'd scratch his itchy scalp, hard, with it, and couldn't seee that washing his hair would alleviate the itchiness.Bought him a new brush but he wouldn't use it til I hid mine.

He'd urinate out the door to avoid walking ten steps to the downstairs bathroom , and store his dirty clothes (which he hated anyone washing or folding neatly ) on the low table in the sitting room , on the rabbit cage and the back and arms of the sofa.

Sounds nasty as hell. Thankfully, I don't have to be around this guy in his home. His behaviour in the workplace is already bad enough that it's a talking point for many.

Ugh... Just how. And he's a perfectly happy dude so from a distance, I wouldn't say depression. We don't know if he doesn't realise or doesn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,320 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

storker wrote: »
    People who don't get why beans and fried eggs definitely do belong together. In fact, it should be mandatory...

I hate beans and fried eggs. I'll just have extra rashers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

People who drop books on dogs really annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Slobs.

For the first time in my life recently, I've been working with a true slob. I've met a lot of people who would inadvertently mess the room up or something, or smell bad, but a real slob is a different kettle of fish.

It is remarkable that someone could go through life with everyone disgusted at almost everything they did. The email has gone out from the boss saying someone is acting this way. I'll see him tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if he realised it was about him.

AbG, would be interested to know what the behaviour was that caused your boss to send an email out?

AbG, would be interested to know what the behaviour was that caused your boss to send an email out?

Going into a classroom with his ass hanging out. Along with comical levels of disregard for his food remains in the teachers room.

upupup wrote: »

Fuking postmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,525 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Business and management types who parrot superfluous business speak and clichés as a display of their intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

storker wrote: »
    People who don't get why beans and fried eggs definitely do belong together. In fact, it should be mandatory...

The only mandatory rule with beans is that they must NEVER at any time be allowed to come into contact with the sausages.

I'm happy enough to have them on the fry or to leave them out - but if included, then the rashers and pudding must be used as a barrier to protect the sausages.

You shouldn't have to tell people this - it's common human decency. It's what separates us from the animals:mad:

Deliberately or what do you mean.
    I'm thinking this is going to be a really niche group regardless?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Yes.I believe they do it deliberately,,,,,Postmen are the main culprits

• Advertisement

Yes.I believe they do it deliberately,,,,,Postmen are the main culprits

Ah, postmen...

That was the obvious answer I suppose!

I had a mental image of some moustache twirling pantomime villain, trying to knock off a poor unsuspecting pooch by dropping a heavy book on him from a great height - once it got in there, I just couldn't get it back out again!

Much funnier than the postman though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

If they call radiators 'rads'.

Can't explain why but I can't stand it.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Living in England........people who voted for Brexit.

That's it. You may as well be dead to me now and I never want to hear your name again.

I know this couple who are both vegans and both are lovely people .....but that's not what I came on here to say .....

Both of them are always doing marathons and triathlons.... nether of them are thin as rakes ...

I dont know how they do it ....

Oh God...Vegan runners. There is even such a club.

When you combine the two most boring pastimes on earth...and I am a runner.

B0jangles wrote: »
    If they call radiators 'rads'.

Can't explain why but I can't stand it.

:mad:
    People in Dublin always talk about "presses" as well.
    It has always been a cupboard to me.

People in Dublin always talk about "presses" as well.
    It has always been a cupboard to me.

I also say presses and I'm from Cork.

• Advertisement

Old mother Hubbard may well have cupboards.
    I, however, have presses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057967452

Ah im from northern ireland honestly never heard it before moving here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

People who make promises ...
    ... still waiting for you to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Religious people, (any religion).
    People who defend and support a political party like it's a football team.
    Oh, and c***s who say 'Yoyos' for Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

He'd urinate out the door to avoid walking ten steps to the downstairs bathroom

Wait, you mean he'd stand at his door and p*ss into the bathroom hoping to hit the toilet? Or just p*ss on the floor outside his room?!

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Wait, you mean he'd stand at his door and p*ss into the bathroom hoping to hit the toilet? Or just p*ss on the floor outside his room?!

out of the back exterior door , onto the path.

i want to clarify, he had personality changes from concussions , as far as i know . he's a fully functioning adult, actually very popular , and isn't classed as disabled . in fact he's sly and calculating .

my post must've looked evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

theguzman wrote: »
    Forgot to add: People who allow dogs and cats into houses, its gross and disgusting. Dogs are filthy creatures and cats even worse.
    My dogs sleep in my bed and I let them lick my face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    My dogs sleep in my bed and I let them lick my face :D

Sounds like a lesser known quote from R. Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Oh yeah and people who put tea bags in the sink hidden under the dirty dishes so you cant see them until you fill up the basis to wash the dishes.

But I do not think they so much lose respect as much as their entire right to live.

People who leave dirty dishes in the sink. :mad: either wash them or leave them to the fecking side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anyone who doesn't grow up and lets their parents bail them out at every turn. they try different things like university, drop out, get money from parents to set up a business, it fails. end up working for their parents in some made up job where they don't do a tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

milehip wrote: »
    People who leave dirty dishes in the sink. :mad: either wash them or leave them to the fecking side.
    People who chuck tea bags in the sink. There is absolutely no excuse for this. You could maybe make an argument that some is tired and will come back in the morning and wash their dirty dishes....maybe....but you're never going to wash a used tea bad so just put it in the bin you animal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

out of the back exterior door , onto the path.

i want to clarify, he had personality changes from concussions , as far as i know . he's a fully functioning adult, actually very popular , and isn't classed as disabled . in fact he's sly and calculating .

my post must've looked evil.

In one particular pub I know, the structure is quite narrow and the toilets are right at the back. When it's busy you have to fight your way through to get to them. For people situated in the front of the pub, you sometimes see them taking the easier option - just going out the front door and p*ssing directly onto the street.

The only mandatory rule with beans is that they must NEVER at any time be allowed to come into contact with the sausages.

I'm happy enough to have them on the fry or to leave them out - but if included, then the rashers and pudding must be used as a barrier to protect the sausages.

You shouldn't have to tell people this - it's common human decency. It's what separates us from the animals:mad:

I like beans but not near my fry. BUT - at the weekend, I had a full Irish in a café on Eyre Square, and it came with beans in a little ramekin - nothing else will do, now, I'm spoiled for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Able-bodied people who park in disabled spaces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

People who wipe their cock off the curtains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

People who ignore you when you acknowledge them or say hello in the hallways or corridoors at work yet make eye contact

Ignorant pricks!

Dunno why i keep doing it but its a habit. And a good one imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Stingy people and racists also rapists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stingy people and racists also rapists.

People who make comments like 'them refugees.. Foreigners' etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I am sorry but that simply isnt true.
    Intersex people are real and exist.
    Also why would you really care how does it effect you?

I do however have a problem with tits like Sam Smith deciding they are non-binary and gender fluid on a whim.

Apologies.... should have included the likes of Hermaphrodites in 'acceptable' sexes.
    As I said in the first post it's the 'Indentify as... ' that I can't stand and have zero respect for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Social media bores and people who can't leave their phones alone for more than five minutes.

Obnoxiously loud people, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

People that spare no thought for shop property or staff. The likes of those fuckers in Penneys that pick up an item of clothing and throw it back as carelessly as possible. Or the cunts in supermarkets that pick up something from the frozen section then change their mind about buying it and just dump it on the nearest shelf so it defrosts and has to be thrown out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

PCX wrote: »
    Racism

Yeah, I also don't like child murderers.

Hate them f*ckers!!!

In one particular pub I know, the structure is quite narrow and the toilets are right at the back. When it's busy you have to fight your way through to get to them. For people situated in the front of the pub, you sometimes see them taking the easier option - just going out the front door and p*ssing directly onto the street.

I think most of it doesn't go into the toilet in pub bathrooms anyway . Judging by the choking miasma of wee fumes in one of the local pubs.Probably safer to do it outside .

They have street urinal things in Paris :eek:

• Advertisement

I like beans but not near my fry. BUT - at the weekend, I had a full Irish in a café on Eyre Square, and it came with beans in a little ramekin - nothing else will do, now, I'm spoiled for life!

Very la-de-dah! You must have felt like the king of Galway!:D

At home I usually eat them from the ramekin they come in (ie the tin) - removes the cross contamination risk, but I think I might up my game from now on!

Advertisement