Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Is this a TA or a TH?

Eir came up trumps! Just got an email saying I should contact the bank and ask them for a SEPA refund form. Bank has told me where to download the form, fill it in and send it to them, and they'll refund the money!

Still, my original point stands: Why wasn't this so easily sorted out in November when I originally called Eir?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Express bus wasn't very express, arrived 55 mins late meaning I missed my connecting bus (I had allowed 45mins connection)

Public transport is a balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Walking the dog and forgetting the poo bags. All i have is a thin tissue in my pocket. Praying he doesn’t make a big one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Christmas's lighting on buildings, churches, pubs etc that is just switched off and left there for the year, tacky looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

And here's another one while I'm at it. I'm driving behind a brand new 20 reg car probably cost 35k+- and the garage haven't even managed to put the reg plate on straight. One job they had to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Brendan O'Carroll saying on stage at the recent TV awards he'd never seen singer Tom Jones ever yet he was in the Agnes Browne movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA it was a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

TA it was a big one.

Ooohhhh.. I'm jealous.. :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I’m on the train and there’s a couple behind me with a baby who’s 8 or 9 months old.

The parents have been playing cartoons and nursery rhymes on their iPhones for the baby since they got on.

I’m annoyed at having to listen to it, and I’m also annoyed that they’re delegating their parenting to an iPhone. I have my own earphones in and I can still hear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

KiKi III wrote: »
    I’m on the train and there’s a couple behind me with a baby who’s 8 or 9 months old.

The parents have been playing cartoons and nursery rhymes on their iPhones for the baby since they got on.

I’m annoyed at having to listen to it, and I’m also annoyed that they’re delegating their parenting to an iPhone. I have my own earphones in and I can still hear them.

Trust me, it’s better that than a child screaming for the whole “journey”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Are those the only two options though? Surely parents had ways of comforting and distracting their babies before iPhones came along in like 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Are those the only two options though? Surely parents had ways of comforting and distracting their babies before iPhones came along in like 2010?

Third option for one parent today was to sit in the seat on the bus facing Doctor Nick. Youngster proceeded to kick me in the shins when swinging his legs while mammy dearest looks on smiling. Annoying when parents don't correct their little darlings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Heard of a child recently who asked 'Alexa' to read her a story. Thought it was quite sad. Sign of the times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Third option for one parent today was to sit in the seat on the bus facing Doctor Nick. Youngster proceeded to kick me in the shins when swinging his legs while mammy dearest looks on smiling. Annoying when parents don't correct their little darlings.

You're so inconsiderate. You should have laid on the floor and allowed the child to kick you in the face. And you Kiki should be ashamed of yourself. Why didn't you offer to personally sing songs to the child for the whole journey?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA it was a big one.

I feel your pain. Our dog never poops when out on a walk, she saves it all for the back garden. I took her out on the Greenway and it never even occurred to me to bring a bag. When I realised I hadn't a "just in case bag" with me I was thinking it would be grand. She dropped a massive poop on the train tracks, she is a big dog so it looked like a horse had passed through. Absolutely mortified :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

No, I’ve found the bear “distraction” for kids when travelling, although I’ve never gone with them by train, is to come prepared with little “lucky dip” type bags full of cheap, small, toys with crayons and the like.

“Snacks” are essential.

Still, I’d take the sound of annoying “games” over a kid screaming. But, I agree, you shouldn’t have to endure it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭2 fast

Loud eaters who can't seem to chew or drink quietly!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,909 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Why "journey"? Was it fake? Pretend? A euphemism perhaps? Enquiring minds want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

2 fast wrote: »
    Loud eaters who can't seem to chew or drink quietly!!!!

Or 2 fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Why does every single one of your few thousand posts in less than a year include some noun, verb or whatever word it is in inverted commas? For absolutely no reason? As in it "gives" better "reason" to your "posts" and makes them a bit more "humourous"? It's fairly annoying, don't even think its that "trivial" to be "honest".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walked 40 mins this afternoon to print off a copy of a book I was sent.
    As we had another power cut, my plan was to print and study this material and hunt out some other books in their nice warm library.

All of the three computers refused to open the book as it was a pdf and the pdf liberator prog inisited I give it my financial info for a free trial.
    Headed to the library to find I cant access the one book they have as Im the wrong kind of student.

40 freaking minutes walk and the only thing I got were sore feet and ripped off on a soft drink.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

Came home from a few days away with work to find a dozen flyers dangling out of my letterbox for a variety of idiots who all want to tackle crime after I vote for them. How about starting with not hanging 'burgle me' signs on strangers houses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Why does every single one of your few thousand posts in less than a year include some noun, verb or whatever word it is in inverted commas? For absolutely no reason? As in it "gives" better "reason" to your "posts" and makes them a bit more "humourous"? It's fairly annoying, don't even think its that "trivial" to be "honest".

I never noticed that before but now am seeing it all the time since you posted this.
    Damn you. May you get Rick Astley stuck in your head all day tomorrow

People that leave their dogs out barking late at night

I literally can’t comprehend being that inconsiderate of your neighbours

Holiday Programmes on TV

Reason 1 : Some idiot sh1talkin about some place off the "beaten path" in Slovakia or Bulgaria that they've "discovered" and return to regular/ don't tell anyone else about.

Me (thinking) "Oh aye, fair play to ya... ye've managed to bring in infrastructure, cafes, etc.. to this former desolate area :rolleyes:"

Reason 2: Some idiot who likes to go off the "beaten path" when abroad to the less "touristy" spots for a more "authentic" experience.

Me (thinking, or shouting at telly depending on mood/proximity to others :mad: :D)
    "Oh aye ya flookin kernt, ur probably the same sort that champions immigration at home. What's that going to do for Irish/English (depending on channel but thinking mainly about Ireland here) tourism when the Yanks/Germans etc that visit our emerald isle decide to stop touristing here for lack of "authentic" reasonage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

TA'ed that I don't know what "authentic reasonage" actually means. :o

Deja Boo wrote: »
    TA'ed that I don't know what "authentic reasonage" actually means. :o

:pac: I made up that reasonage bit. I thought I'd get away with it though it appears I've been rumbled. Sounds like it could be an olde English word so I threw it in for sh1ts and giggles and to sound intelligent. "What are ya gonna do?" as they say in the authentic parts of Italy.... :P

TA'ed that reasonage aint a real word :( I like the sound of it - it should be :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Reasonage sounds good to me! :pac:

TA that I may've given leffesem the impression that I was judging, when I was just trying to sound all cooool-like :o and having a bit of fun myself. :D

and that 'reason for editing' box is another ta ........I misspell things ok, box - let me edit in peace :p

Reasonage sounds good to me! :pac:

TA that I may've given leffesem the impression that I was judging, when I was just trying to sound all cooool-like :o and having a bit of fun myself. :D

and that 'reason for editing' box is another ta ........I misspell things ok, box - let me edit in peace :p

Nae bother D B... You didn't give that impression at all.. But back to the subject matter at hand and going forward "reasonage" shall be pronounced reason-idge as opposed to reason-ahjj; an easy enough mistake to make what with that ghastly word reportage being used a lot nowadays. I don't mind a bit of -ahjj myself but just something about that word.... :o

Also TA'ed that I now use that modern day expression "going forward" unironically and I hate that I don't hate that expression as much anymore..

I'm stuck in a TA loop methinks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You know that it doesn't have to be filled in???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement