Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Oops, foot in mouth disease time, called someone a maid when she is actually a nanny. Well that’s one Irish girl who won’t speak to me again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah stop teasing us!

It's actually gorgeous here too PM , ok a little cool but the sun is shining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's actually gorgeous here too PM , ok a little cool but the sun is shining!

I know but he is dining outdoors :)
    I'd give anything for a meal or even coffee out somewhere nice.

To thine own self be true

I know but he is dining outdoors :)
    I'd give anything for a meal or even coffee out somewhere nice.

Ah now I get you , it'd be lovely alright PM :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah now I get you , it'd be lovely alright PM :)

You can be my date, MO4 :)

Aw , thank you PM !!
    I'm sure we'll be as polite and courteous as always :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I'm absolutely beat... running after a 2yo is hard work :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not long up, pigging struggling to get out of bed with my back, why did old age land on me so suddenly?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Did my invite get lost in the post :D

All by myself :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Did my invite get lost in the post :D

All by myself :D

If you're inferring I'm an idiot you can stick your invite up your beep beep beep.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

*Says nothing an grabs a bag of popcorn* :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went for a slow walk, I am DED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If you're inferring I'm an idiot you can stick your invite up your beep beep beep....

*** waits for Buile to 'Close thread for review'

:P

If you're inferring I'm an idiot you can stick your invite up your beep beep beep.

:D

I was inferring that you don’t love me anymore and didn’t want to have lunch with me :(

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Fupping freezing outside. The cold is mad at the moment.

Just finished rearranging and rewiring my desk setup as well as giving it a deep clean. It was supposed to be a twenty-minute job...

No, I have no idea what possessed me to do it this late in the day either :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Not long up, pigging struggling to get out of bed with my back, why did old age land on me so suddenly?.
    Secretly puts away doll with pins in it. Practices innocent LOOK. ;)

Voodoo in the wherer's thread? The depths of boards are truly un-fathom-able :eek:

No, I won't apologise for that pun :D

"what's new pussycat, whoah-whoah-whoah"

• Advertisement

Tom, is that you ;)

Isn’t life just beautiful :) Sun is shining, flowers are blooming and you are all privileged to know me :D

The boss has called and it’s walkies time :D

Late start for me, so good afternoon all :)

Watching DUBLIN CITY TODAY on YT.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At my desk, delivering my lectures via Zoom this morning, working away.

Beautiful sunny day out there today. :)

Beautiful sunny day , tis good for the soul :)

Werk werk werk but now time for daydreaming.
    I'm also pregnancy guessing. I'm almost certain someone here is but I dare not say. Feck. I'd love a bit of "ooooh congrats when are you due so exciting" etc :D

In other news I had a chocolatey caramelly slice at about 9.30am and feel kind of yuck.

Werk werk werk but now time for daydreaming.
    I'm also pregnancy guessing. I'm almost certain someone here is but I dare not say. Feck. I'd love a bit of "ooooh congrats when are you due so exciting" etc :D

In other news I had a chocolatey caramelly slice at about 9.30am and feel kind of yuck.

Oooh...feeling sickly this morning are we?

• Advertisement

Oooh...feeling sickly this morning are we?

GASP!

It certainly is not me!! :D

GASP!

It certainly is not me!! :D

I'm betting we're letting out our wedding dress a few inches? ...not sure if it's cake related or a beer baby :D :P

I'm betting we're letting out our wedding dress a few inches? ...not sure if it's cake related or a beer baby :D :P

We will be getting wedding dress taken in!!

I can say however that I am pregnant with a cake baby :p

Just had a chat with the object of my suspicion. She has a flowy dress, a long scarf, touched her belly, looks fab. All I managed was "you look well". Will text around and find out :p

We will be getting wedding dress taken in!!

I can say however that I am pregnant with a cake baby :p

Just had a chat with the object of my suspicion. She has a flowy dress, a long scarf, touched her belly, looks fab. All I managed was "you look well". Will text around and find out :p

Ah she is, only 4 months though

Ah she is, only 4 months though

Wha.........

Well I was right! But someone else told me so now I can go do the "are you preggers" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The baby would need to be crowning before I would ask someone if they were preggers. Have been caught out badly with that in the past!

The baby would need to be crowning before I would ask someone if they were preggers. Have been caught out badly with that in the past!

Oh yeah I would have to be 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Right, spill the beans! What did you say and remember if it was highly embarrassing for you then it's bound to be hilarious for us! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Right, spill the beans! What did you say and remember if it was highly embarrassing for you then it's bound to be hilarious for us! ;)

It was a lesson learned early. When I was a teenager a friend of my mother's was visiting and she had a bit of a bump.
    So I congratulated her on the baby and she put me right that she was not preggers.
    That was bad enough, that I mistook her slightly large belly for a baby... but then my mother told me later that this woman's husband had died a few months previous.
    So yeah, unless I see the baby crowning I will never never again make a comment!

It's sunny, i'm awake. Miracles all round!. Eh Diamonds, nudge nudge

I’m intrigued too :D

I’m intrigued too :D

You misread the post. It's someone in her work who might be pregnant, not someone in this thread!
    I had to read it a second time myself.

You misread the post. It's someone in her work who might be pregnant, not someone in this thread!
    I had to read it a second time myself.

I thought the Here was in this thread, my bad :(

How was your lunch today PM ;) Any invites :D

I thought the Here was in this thread, my bad :(

How was your lunch today PM ;) Any invites :D

I initially read it that way too so I knew you had misinterpreted it!
    My lunch was had at work so no dining out for me!
    I was only saying to a colleague today, the very minute hospitality opens up, we're going for a lunch somewhere nice!
    I'm not big into evening meals but I love lunch out somewhere nice, I would absolutely love that right now. Couldn't care less about a pub!
    My foot in mouth story about pregnancy was that my mom was collecting my boy from primary school years ago one day.
    She told me that evening that "little Mary's" mother was at the school gates and seems to be very nearly due a baby.
    Lo and behold, didn't I meet "little Mary's" dad at the school myself one day after that.
    I offered my congratulations and was met by a puzzled face.
    I quickly backtracked and said that my mom was always getting parents at the school gates confused so she obviously had the wrong mother in mind.
    Not sure he swallowed that and I noticed "little Mary's" mother was cool with me for a few months after that. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

On call. Working from coffeehouse. May walk-a-bout later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Day two of three at my tech desk with some work that was offered. It's not very challenging, in fact it's very boring, but feck it, the money is good as some ****ebag obviously doesn't need it. Same arrangement. Pony up the money when I'm finished and then I'll upload it.:D

Done for today, so it's a few Wednesday night beers and me time.:)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Done for today, so it's a few Wednesday night beers and me time.:)
    Raises java cup east. Cheers Grandeeod! :D

Fathom wrote: »
    Raises java cup east. Cheers Grandeeod! :D

And a glass back west to you!

Despite the little bit of easy work and with the sun shining, me and Mrs G spent the last two mornings having breakfast outdoors at a local spot. Ms G went back to school on Monday since before christmas, so it was a guilty pleasure spending that time together. A couple of breakie sambos from a deli with seats outside. A tea and OJ and a great chat. Jaysus, it was magical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

In bed, what a great day I had.
    My youngest and only brotheŕ was 50 today !!
    Likeable lad !!!
    Then an ex work colleague called, great chat.
    Both great company !!
    Im drunk ..

4Ad wrote: »
    In bed, what a great day I had.
    My youngest and only brotheŕ was 50 today !!
    Likeable lad !!!
    Then an ex work colleague called, great chat.
    Both great company !!
    Im drunk ..

I had you pegged for a boy of at most 45 4Ad.

This has been a day of revelations :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a neighbor, I think 93 years old, he’s been scarcely seen since this health shîtshow.... he gave up driving last year when he started using a walker as he was having great trouble putting the walker in and especially getting it out of the boot again...he sold the car, he wasn’t using it much. He ended up getting a carer in a few days a week to assist with household chores, meal preparation etc... but he was beginning to seem his age, he told me the carer was discontinued because of covid just for his safety.

But....Today, I saw him for the first time in weeks... out in his front garden, painting the gate, guy just getting about with a walking stick, no frame and looking in great shape... slow but ok, a while ago he looked shook, but painting on his knees, just a mat to help.... inspiring fortitude right there...

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ve a neighbor, I think 93 years old, he’s been scarcely seen since this health shîtshow.... he gave up driving last year when he started using a walker as he was having great trouble putting the walker in and especially getting it out of the boot again...he sold the car, he wasn’t using it much. He ended up getting a carer in a few days a week to assist with household chores, meal preparation etc... but he was beginning to seem his age, he told me the carer was discontinued because of covid just for his safety.

But....Today, I saw him for the first time in weeks... out in his front garden, painting the gate, guy just getting about with a walking stick, no frame and looking in great shape... slow but ok, a while ago he looked shook, but painting on his knees, just a mat to help.... inspiring fortitude right there...

It's lovely to see someone of such a great age doing well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had you pegged for a boy of at most 45 4Ad.

This has been a day of revelations :p

53 years old
    Run like a 33 year old
    Look like a 63 year old
    Brain of a 5.3 year old !!!

• Advertisement

Morning time during Ramadan is so peaceful, people don’t start work until 10am, so everything is eerily quiet. Guess it’s a good time for me to go walking, but gotta have a Nespresso first.

Advertisement