Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Mind blown. So, Matt Groening is really Ralph Wiggum! Or... is Ralph Wiggum one of his cousins? Also, she's Maggie AND Marge at the same time - look at the pearls and the bouffant! Best tweet ever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New Home wrote: »
    Mind blown. So, Matt Groening is really Ralph Wiggum! Or... is Ralph Wiggum one of his cousins? Also, she's Maggie AND Marge at the same time - look at the pearls and the bouffant! Best tweet ever. :)

Yeah, I thought it was cool. I knew some of the other surnames used in the show were taken from street names in his home town, but I had no idea how personal to Groening the actual Simpson clan was. I found the tweet via this Snopes article.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

549468.jpeg
    But it isn't blue! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Love the 2 traffic cones either side of the ramp.
    "We take safety seriously".

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116834137&postcount=198

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Petition for all Prince Philip is dead lol memes to be offloaded to their own thread please..

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Petition for all Prince Philip is dead lol memes to be offloaded to their own thread please..
    No need, any thread created would rapidly die, unlike Prince Philip who almost got a telegram from his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

dulpit wrote: »

Two memes at the time of posting. I think that's a new record for someone getting butthurt

The fridge for WFH staff! :D
    vh4sd wrote: »
    giEHD3n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The fridge for WFH staff! :D

That's like the fridge in every house I've been to on a Stag weekend.

otnomart wrote: »
    img.php?e=gif&s=c&file=TWFjYW51ZG8vMjAyMS8wNC9NYWNhbnVkby4yMDIxMDQxMF8xNTM2LmdpZg==

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

???

Kermit the frog and whatever his name.is from.the gremlins movie have a baby = baby Yoda

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Gizmo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hopefully the meal finishes before midnight or else Kermit'll be in trouble.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kermit the frog and whatever his name.is from.the gremlins movie have a baby = baby Yoda
    not baby Yoda. It's Grogu!

Aaaahhhh...

Gizmo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What's really creepy is that Kermit ordered the pulled pork.

The puffer fish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The puffer fish one?

Crabs move sideways. Lobsters swim backwards when scared. So it's a pointless race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

The puffer fish one?

Crabs go sideways, shrimp backwards and puffer fish "puff" when startled

Beaten to it .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Crabs go sideways, shrimp backwards and puffer fish "puff" when startled

Beaten to it.

Not quite. The other poster never mentioned the puffer fish "puffing" so your post is more correct. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116871114#post116871114

I sh1t you not: In the first year of a biology degree we were doing a food science module and one of the mature students asked how would they tell the "male from the female cow calves"...
    She was serious.

In a biology course

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The girl cows have a pink ribbon, and the boy cows have a blue one. Obvs, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

New Home wrote: »
    The girl cows have a pink ribbon, and the boy cows have a blue one. Obvs, like.

Nowadays they can choose what ever colour ribbon they want.

vh4sd wrote: »
    6bxr4k7.jpg

This is the type of thing I see on facebook constantly from guys that listen to the Joe Rogan podcast, usually have at least one profile picture of themselves smoking a cigar and took up some form of martial arts in their thirties. You'd swear these guys were army veterans the way they go on and didn't come of age in the nineties like myself - a pretty easy-going, optimistic and undemanding time period for the average Joe in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is the type of thing I see on facebook constantly from guys that listen to the Joe Rogan podcast, usually have at least one profile picture of themselves smoking a cigar and took up some form of martial arts in their thirties. You'd swear these guys were army veterans the way they go on and didn't come of age in the nineties like myself - a pretty easy-going, optimistic and undemanding time period for the average Joe in Ireland.
    It's just a joke.. You don't have to throw your toys out of the pram....

:pac:
    (sorry)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Suckit wrote: »
    It's just a joke.. You don't have to throw your toys out of the pram....

:pac:
    (sorry)
    :D

surely "you don't have to spit the dummy" is the better idiom here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

NBTD wrote: »
    surely "you don't have to spit the dummy" is the better idiom here!!

Did you just call me an idiom!!! :mad::mad::mad: :D

• Advertisement

Or a dummy, even?!? :eek:

Advertisement