Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Damage to Lada: at most €5
    Damage to Merc: at least €5000

PS: they're Moscow registered. :P

If you already have the scratch remover... cost €0 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Re: map. I just assumed they were made up place names for the Dacia ads on Dave. But no, Brokenwind and Wetwang are real... Ya learn something new every day on here.

There is a place called Bastardstown in Wexford. There used to be a whole thread of funny Irish placenames

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There is a place called Bastardstown in Wexford. There used to be a whole thread of funny Irish placenames
    Very near Horetown.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Manach wrote: »

Maleman ?

There is only one alternative for Letter Carrier

YTpE79q.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

7530_0225_800.png

Utterly evil and utterly genius.

1 Bitcoin is about $9100, according to this: https://blockonomi.com/bitcoin-price/

Oracle's price list can be found here, in case people were wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thump, thump, clap????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thump, thump, clap????

We Will Rock You.

quickbeam wrote: »
    We Will Rock You.

It just clicked, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I see we have another trump fan in ylyl. That's 3 I count now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

dulpit wrote: »
    I see we have another trump fan in ylyl. That's 3 I count now...

I don't think not supporting Joe Biden necessarily makes you a Trump fan. It is like saying if you didn't support Corben then you support Boris. The world is not black and white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I don't think not supporting Joe Biden necessarily makes you a Trump fan. It is like saying if you didn't support Corben then you support Boris. The world is not black and white

With american politics it is, unfortunately

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The world is not black and white
    Of course not.

It's red or blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The naked girl in the photo in post #4412 on the YLYL thread was burnt so severely that doctors assumed she would die when she was assessed in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The naked girl in the photo in post #4412 on the YLYL thread was burnt so severely that doctors assumed she would die when she was assessed in hospital.

Post removed thankfully, nothing funny about that at all.

ganmo wrote: »
    With american politics it is, unfortunately

No it isn't. I think they're both bad choices for president of the US. Equally in 2016 I saw 2 poor candidates but there are a good few Democrats and Republicans that imo would make excellent presidents.

It was one of the first posts in the photos that shook the world thread which I would recommend to anyone. IMO it was the best thread ever in this forum*. Warning though some of the photos are extremely graphic and quite horrific.

*except for man gets hit by train thread of course. RIP

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*except for man gets hit by train thread of course. RIP

You just had to bring that up again, didn't you?! Haven't we been traumatised enough?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

"Sean Fear" is Irish for Old Man
    "Sean Bean" is Irish for Old Woman

I suspect the poster wanted "Seán Fear/Bean", but in leaving out the fada, they inadvertently altered the meaning of the first word and the humour.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Bean

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What's the story with the Specsavers/Barnard Castle??? :confused:

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

Dominic Cummings, Boris' leader, took his family on a day trip to Barnard Castle, against government restrictions.

He said it was to prove to his wife that his eyesight was good enough.

Or something like that.......:rolleyes:

BattleCorp wrote: »

After cummins was well enough to go to.work he reckons his eyes were a bit "iffy" (for want of a better word.

So to test this and ensure it was safe enough for him to drive back to London (5 hour journey) he loaded his wife and 4 year old into the car and did a 1 hour round trip to make sure he wouldnt crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

After cummins was well enough to go to.work he reckons his eyes were a bit "iffy" (for want of a better word.

So to test this and ensure it was safe enough for him to drive back to London (5 hour journey) he loaded his wife and 4 year old into the car and did a 1 hour round trip to make sure he wouldnt crash.

Sounds like a "4 year old's" excuse:rolleyes:

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Sounds like a "4 year old's" excuse:rolleyes:

Anything to cling to power

Nothing like testing safety theories out on a 4 year old.

Gas the stories these guys make up. When they are making them up in the room with their PR guys you would think they could have come up with a more convincing lie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

Ah, give the poor man a break... he had to think on his feet, see? He had already used the "The dog ate my homework" before and was out of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

acgD1Go.jpg

what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Advertisement

Whooosh?

Advertisement