Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancel sky

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been trying to get out of my Sky contract for the last few days, can't get through, no option on the website or app that I can see, obviously it is a ploy, to hang onto unhappy customers for as long as possible, I imagine the folk who designed their website and app cut their teeth designing for Ryanair!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

I've been on hold for 30 mins to cancellations & still no pickup.

In that time I typed the 31 day cancellation e-mail & hit send.

My next bill comes out tomorrow, 27th of Jan with a further bill on the 26th of Feb which is still inside the 31 days.

What would happen if I just cancel by DD after tomorrows billing comes out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Cancelling the DD was the only way I got through to them in the end.

I tried ringing but was constantly on hold so I emailed mysky@sky.ie with my notice to cancel as of that date. I received an automated email reply & was told they would be in contact but they never did.

I paid the next month in full then once the 31 days were up I camcelled the DD through the banking app on my phone. I also sent them an emailing confirming the cancelled DD. Once again I received an automated email reply & was told they would be in contact but they never did.

The following month they went into take the payment & contacted me by automated email when refused. I sent back screencaps of the previous correspondance.

Then I recieved an email confirming a fine for late payment.

Then I recieved a "sorry to see you go" email with a link to an exit survey, which I undertook.

About a month later I received a 10 day warning to pay the outstanding bill or risk debt collectors. Once again I sent back screencaps of the previous correspondance but heard nothing back.

Then, about a week ago I received emails from the debt collection agency looking to set up a payment plan. I banged them off the same sequence of screencaps & asked to speak to a human for probably the first time in this whole sequence.

I got an automated response requesting my, DOB, mobile number, home phone number, address, eircode etc. Obviously I never engaged with any of that.

Then out of the blue this morning I get an email to say they they are "no longer dealing" with the case, it's been returned to Sky.

So I'm guessing it's done, I'm not expecting to hear anything back but all that messing took up 5 months & a few hours of my time.

So if you go down the cancel DD route remember to keep all your emails & responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 golfholden

The number to call is 0818 719 819.

Don't try the online methods e.g WhatsApp as they will drain the life out of you. I was on WhatsApp for 4 hours!! Agent must have had 50 customers on the go at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭big_drive

What's the best and handiest way to cancel at moment?

I've just got Eir tv instead and need to cancel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ring that phone number in the previous post, you'll speak to someone here in Ireland and they seem decent to deal with so far in my limited experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Gooser14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks. Did it and had everything sorted in under 10 mins. Was great as I thought it was going to take hours to sort out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yeah I've rang to order and cancel a few things lately and was surprised at how quick and smooth it was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement