Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice UK 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Curran is a knob.

The way he goes on is utterly delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Comedy gold tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Cringe Airways more like it !

technocrat wrote: »
    Comedy gold tonight :pac:

It's one of the most farcical episodes I've seen alright.

Everything is so so wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

PM has to go, p*ssing me off every second he opens his mouth.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    PM has to go, p*ssing me off every second he opens his mouth.
    You got it right..the smug arrogant head on him !
    Ha...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Well thank christ for that. Kurran was, more than likely, included on the show as some form of 'comedy' character, but allowing to go on any further would've been totally ludicrous.

Called it last week that he'd go. It was just a matter of time.

He's utterly useless. I've never seen someone so arrogant in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Liked Kurran had to go though

So Kurran admitted on You're Fired that he was laid back, didn't take the show very seriously, and that he had a business plan that "didn't have much to do with business". Bit disappointing that they still include people like this on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Jet Pop KABOOOM!

The whole team should've been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Curran was comedy gold.... Id nearly have kept him for the laugh.
    The outfit was shocking....but hey its wipe clean.
    The worst one left in there is that woman with the piercing she is such a dead weight.

So Kurran admitted on You're Fired that he was laid back, didn't take the show very seriously, and that he had a business plan that "didn't have much to do with business". Bit disappointing that they still include people like this on the show.

Totally agree. He seems like a twat. The less of these people who make the show the better otherwise its just people seeking fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I lost it as she started to undo her top and pointed out that the uniform was easy to wipe down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What would the male cabin crew have worn?

Both teams were terrible this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I’m convinced Kurran wasn’t a real candidate. Either an actor put in for comedy’s sake or he was just an actor trying to get on television and make a name for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I’m convinced Kurran wasn’t a real candidate. Either an actor put in for comedy’s sake or he was just an actor trying to get on television and make a name for himself.

Exactly what I said to my OH last night. He was clearly taking the p!ss throughout the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Exactly what I said to my OH last night. He was clearly taking the p!ss throughout the whole process.

Jokes on him now big brothers been cancelled, no celebrity house for him in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

This is a really good season though. I like the contestants; they are really gung-ho on the tasks. Jackie Fast is a great comedy character; she switches from affable and fun, to a highly-strung psycho in a flash :pac: She'll have to make the interviews at least, might actually win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Baybay

Jackie Fast is a great comedy character

Mustn’t have paid enough attention in the earlier programmes because when she said her name during the presentation last night, I thought she was having a laugh & that Fast was some kind of JetPop joke!

• Advertisement

In all my years watching the Apprentice, this was the one time I truly felt this about a candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In his bio on Digital Spy they say his father set up an airline :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Everything was bad but the two women made such a hash of it, terrible name, terrible uniform. Such a bad performance.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What would the male cabin crew have worn?

Assless chaps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I do miss when they picked candidates they thought might...you know...be good at business or whatever instead of just trying to get 'characters' and idiots in so we can laugh at the outcome.
    I still watch it though - I'm addicted. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This should an interesting one, two lads going against each other.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Loving Jackie tonight :D

Pogba's lack of business knowledge is showing more each week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Loving Jackie tonight :D

I love watching Jackie get annoyed. U can feel the pressure building inside her. She's at her best when she's in full on angry mode :)

• Advertisement

Wow, they are almost all fireable tonight.

Poor Jasmine is starting to get burned out. You can tell by looking at her. She comes across well, but being surrounded by these numpties for weeks on end is taking its toll!

Shocked..Thought Sabrina was a goner !

Pogba's lack of business knowledge is showing more each week.

Right call imo, good talker/seller but he's limited and lacks basic business sense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

We're seven weeks in now and nobody's really emerged as a strong contestant. The only one who's jumped out even a little imo has been Sabrina, she has come across as quite smart to me, although she was understandably out of her depth tonight. Impossible to tell who'll be there to the end, seems like a total toss up?

We're seven weeks in now and nobody's really emerged as a strong contestant. The only one who's jumped out even a little imo has been Sabrina, she has come across as quite smart to me, although she was understandably out of her depth tonight. Impossible to tell who'll be there to the end, seems like a total toss up?

Jasmine and Jackie would also be strong candidates imo Tom a close 4th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The "prizes" are getting worse each week.

Crazy golf?? Ffs

everlast75 wrote: »

Crazy golf?? Ffs

Yeah. Remember when they were flown to Iceland?!

Yeah. Remember when they were flown to Iceland?!

More likely that they'll get a bus to Iceland for a frozen lasagne now...

I am glad Kayode gets to spend some time with his cat lol. I thought he was a bit unlucky to go he had a bad week, but if Tom can't win this task as PM.... Not a good sign.
    Surely the weakest link is that lady with the eye piercing, I don't remember her doing anything any week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Right call imo, good talker/seller but he's limited and lacks basic business sense.

Not even a good talker. For a "professional" speaker his use of language and his grammar was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

In really annoyed at tonight's decision. Tom is useless. As was mentioned he has been PM twice + lost twice. If he can't even win on task he works at then forget about it. Sabrina is too weak. Very few good candidates this year. I did like Jackie until last week. That airhostess outfit was a disgrace. They all need to up their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A great career awaits Kayode in daytime TV.

Kyode was surely due to go soon but the logic of this weeks firing was so off.

Tom totally lost control and at the end of the day, blew £1600 by being minimalist and then escaping from the corporate client. And then he blew more money off the boat sale by late starting.

Sure, Kyode lost £80 on poor pricing but he wasn't the reason they failed this task at all.

Crazy golf?? Ffs
    You can just imagine the BBC intern being told
    'just buy any oul crap that's on groupon, It will do them! '

I know Daniel won the task, but to be fair to him, that lady was wowed when she saw the rooftop garden. They completely exaggerated the two minor issues (artificial grass on the counter and bark on the ground) which could have been rectified in 5 minutes. To dock 1000stg as a result was nonsense imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I know Daniel won the task, but to be fair to him, that lady was wowed when she saw the rooftop garden. They completely exaggerated the two minor issues (artificial grass on the counter and bark on the ground) which could have been rectified in 5 minutes. To dock 1000stg as a result was nonsense imho

I don’t think she was ever going to pay 2500, the most I think they would have gotten from her would be 1800-2000 pounds, she was looking for any excuse to drop the price.

Fully agree with the poster above concerning Tom, he must have a pretty good business plan which is really what it’s becoming more & more about, not the brightest fish in the pond & whatever about Koyode, I think with some training he could actually be quite good. I expect to see more decisions like last night though as the ones with the best business plan are kept on instead of better candidates

I don’t think she was ever going to pay 2500, the most I think they would have gotten from her would be 1800-2000 pounds, she was looking for any excuse to drop the price.

Perhaps it was poorly edited, but she said she would pay 2500 if she was "wow'd" and she literally said "wow". She then noted the artificial grass on the counter and the chippings on the floor. How that goes from 2500 to 1500 is beyond me. Even when Karen had her say, all she could complain about were the same two, easily rectifiable issues. Could be done in 5 mins with no extra material.

Think of how you would feel if you were touting for business and the customer shafted you like that. I know its only TV, but I just think 2000 would have been fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Kyode was surely due to go soon but the logic of this weeks firing was so off.

Tom totally lost control and at the end of the day, blew £1600 by being minimalist and then escaping from the corporate client. And then he blew more money off the boat sale by late starting.

Sure, Kyode lost £80 on poor pricing but he wasn't the reason they failed this task at all.

Ah his lack of business acumen shone through this week with his simply awful grasp of the figures.

He did a shocking job of the power washing.He coasted throughout the task and wouldn't take on board his PM's instructions.

He was very poor last week at the presentation.Great out front of shop with the public but struggles greatly in a corporate setting as Karen rightly mentioned.

Bad call by Tom to switch over to the other team and rein in the budget on the corporate client but I think it would have been hard to fire him.

Hilarious to watch the two warring factions make a hames of their initial job.

I'd have fired the two of them if they'd lost the task especially our argumentive friend.

Ridiculously harsh underpayment for a few minor issues,it was a really decent job.

Standout candidates IMO are Sabrina, Jackie in spite of this week and Jasmine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For people with no gardening experience I thought they did a superb job. Laying out all that astroturf and cutting it to size around nooks and crannies was a big task and I thought they would cock it up but they actually produced a professional looking job. Compared with what the other team did on the corporate job it was miles ahead. Tom really lost them the task there, he is in horticulture and should have stayed on the corporate task to do it well and ensure they got the full £2,500. Instead he scrimped and saved at the garden centre and then did a runner over to the other team who were only making small money. I thought he should have been fired for that decision alone.

Just an observation on the series in general- I dont think I have ever watched a program with so many puns in it- between the voice over and Sugar more or less every second sentence contains a pun about the task, its unreal !

I'd love to see outtakes from the show; they must have such a laugh behind the scenes, probably just drinking all the time in the big house! I'd view it as a holiday in London if I was ever a contestant :pac: It would never work though: I could never address Alan as Lord Sugar, plus if he fired me, I'd tell him his Amstrad computers were ****, and I'd tell Karen she's got too many teeth, and they are bursting out of her mouth (I like Claude though: a gentleman).

I'd also love to know the rules and regulations that contestants have to abide by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement