Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Apprentice UK 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

You were quick off the mark OP! :p Was just coming to post the same thing.

Hoping the contestants are good this year, last years series was watchable, but very poor overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Completely forgot but dead excited. I am almost certain I saw them filming a task in London during the summer. Was in such a hurry I didn't get time to watch but defo a group and those black cars/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

How many “they’re all so useless”-like posts will we get this series :pac:

Completely overlooking that the show is cleverly edited, and tasks are designed to produce good television first and foremost and will be designed to put contestants out of their comfort zone

Really looking forward to having this back!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Only 16 contestants this time, which is great. It's always been overcrowded with 18+, hopefully this way there's less deadwood.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr E wrote: »

The very first contestant refers to herself as a serious Mumpreneur.

One of them says 'I won't pussyfoot and waste time, as time is of the essence in everything'. What are the odds this guy does nothing for the first 3 or 4 weeks? It's great to have it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,971 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Only 16 contestants this time, which is great. It's always been overcrowded with 18+, hopefully this way there's less deadwood.

to be fair, if they whittled it down by 15 contestants, you would still have some deadwood..

everlast75 wrote: »
    to be fair, if they whittled it down by 15 contestants, you would still have some deadwood..

Oh I know, but with more contestants, there's even more :)
    With 16 there should only be three to four complete no hopers, with up to 20 there was about six or seven. The first few weeks were just going through the motions before we got down to any decent contestants, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah the reduction in numbers is great news.

With the higher numbers, you get so many creepers under the radar and end up not even seeing some of them til week four or five.

I have to say though that if they try to pull the double winner result again this year, I'll be absolutely done with the show irrespective of the quality of the series. It was a bullshît move last year and a real middle finger to viewers.

• Advertisement

Yeah the reduction in numbers is great news.

With the higher numbers, you get so many creepers under the radar and end up not even seeing some of them til week four or five.

I have to say though that if they try to pull the double winner result again this year, I'll be absolutely done with the show irrespective of the quality of the series. It was a bullshît move last year and a real middle finger to viewers.

It was, imo, done to deflect from the poor quality of the finalists. Pretending that they were both so good he couldn't decided between them when in fact the opposite was true.

It was, imo, done to deflect from the poor quality of the finalists. Pretending that they were both so good he couldn't decided between them when in fact the opposite was true.

Yeah I think you're spot on.

But it was so insulting to have a show proceed for three/four months banging on about only one getting my money and then... Nah ya both win. I wouldn't have minded too much if I learned there was a subsequent separate investment made in one of them but to have two winners was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Intruders added to the house half way through?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Mr E wrote: »

Eight men and eight women, all aged between 21 and 37, all conventionally good-looking (although does it look as if Sarah Byrne has had work done on her lips?), some of them black or of Asian descent, most of them living in the London and Manchester metropolitan areas - and, for the second year running, none of them living outside England.

I doubt that applicants from Wales, Scotland and Ireland (north and south) would be *deliberately* excluded - Ofcom would surely have to slap the BBC's and Mark Burnett's wrists if that were the case. Is it just that there are too many good applicants from England, or has the quality of applicants from outside England become *that* poor?

Speaking of Sarah Byrne, she's been famous before:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/25/who-did-the-apprentices-sarah-byrne-play-in-shameless-7977779/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Starts tonight. Unfortunately they're kicking off way too early with (my favourite task) the treasure hunt, this time in Malta

Starts tonight. Unfortunately they're kicking off way too early with (my favourite task) the treasure hunt, this time in Malta

Awww way too early for that! Glad to see them go further afield though. Maybe having less contestants this year will help this weeks task.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Going to miss this at 9. Is there anywhere to see it later?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Going to miss this at 9. Is there anywhere to see it later?

Repeated sunday 11.40 pm and tuesday 12.15 am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Repeated sunday 11.40 pm and tuesday 12.15 am

Say that. Anywhere to watch it before then? Does BBC player work in Ireland?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Can’t wait. Having to endure Nick Knowles until 9.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Say that. Anywhere to watch it before then? Does BBC player work in Ireland?

No it doesn't. Unless your laptop believes its in the UK for whatever reason.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Can’t wait. Having to endure Nick Knowles until 9.

Won't have a bad word said about Nick. Lovely fella and a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good to see Paul Pogba leading the men tonight.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jaysus. Crazy stereotypical sexism ain't gonna get that fella far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Some lips on one of the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Good to see Paul Pogba leading the men tonight.
    His twin brother !
    The girls have my head wrecked already !
    Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Octopuses are really stretchy

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

My god. Don’t know her name, but the one looking for the boat/honeycomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

sullivlo wrote:
    Some lips on one of the girls.

Don't mind the lips, christ the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Don't mind the lips, christ the voice.